• Published 16th Jan 2022
  • 1,013 Views, 263 Comments

Bad Dragon's Short Stories - Bad Dragon



Got a minute? It will take you even less to read one of these unrelated short stories designed for instant reader’s gratification.

  • ...
39
 263
 1,013

PreviousChapters
46 - Burn Down the Language Barrier

It was a hot summer. No, it was the hot summer. The only one there ever will be.

It's been like that since Celestia banished Luna from Equus for disagreeing with her before plunging the sun into Saddle Arabia.

Every day. No, the only day, since the Sun never set, was sunny. Well, more like fiery. Pegasi tried to counter it with clouds at first, but even that had ended when Celestia proclaimed that cloud manipulation is unnatural and banished offending pegasi to far away dungeons.

Twilight took a deep breath before opening the big door to the throne room. It was time to face her.

“Bananas suck‽” Celestia struck a hoof on the floor. “I could forgive any insult, but not that one. Not liking bananas is a sign of evil infestation!”

Twilight swallowed her saliva before gathering the courage to respond, “That may be so, but why did you banish Luna for it?”

“She disagreed with me.”

“Oh, well, the thing is…”

“Twilight, would you like to hear about this faraway place, and the dungeons that are there?”

“No, I’ve heard plenty of stories about your sex dungeons already. And since we’re talking about faraway lands… you know Saddle Arabia, the place where you parked the sun yesterday? You see, I’ve been studying their dialect and wouldn’t you know it, some words actually have different meanings in their now-dead language. For instance, what we call a pineapple, they called a banana.”

“Ugh, pineapples suck. They’re the worst.”

“Yeah. They thought so too…”

Author's Note:

This story participated in the 2024.03 "The Most Devastating Insult" writing competition

GDoc

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment