• Published 16th Jan 2022
  • 1,005 Views, 263 Comments

Bad Dragon's Short Stories - Bad Dragon



Got a minute? It will take you even less to read one of these unrelated short stories designed for instant reader’s gratification.

  • ...
39
 263
 1,005

PreviousChapters Next
03 - Dragon's Heart [2019.07]

"Twilight, do you see it?"

"Yes, Spike, I see it. Everypony in Equestria is looking at it."

"Luna threw the moon at it. Why is it still approaching?"

"It's a black hole, Spike. The moon just added to its mass. Only an advanced annihilation spell could stop it."

"Can you cast it?" Spike looked up at her. "Please say yes."

"The spell has been theorized for a millennium but nopony has ever managed to cast it. Since this morning, I've tried to simplify it as much as I could. It's now on the very edge of my magic capabilities, so yes, with the required ingredient and by draining Equestria of its magic, I probably could."

"Do it!"

"No."

"Whaa..." Spike gasped. "Everything we know and love is about to be annihilated. If there's even a chance to do something about it, you should take it, no matter the cost."

"There are lines that shouldn't be crossed, Spike. Lines I wouldn't cross even for the world. Let's just sit here, together."

"Why, Twilight? Why won't you cast the spell? Ponies can learn to live without magic, you know? It’s an acceptable sacrifice."

"But you’re not. I love you, Spike. I'd never do anything to harm you. I'll never let us drift apart, for any reason. Even if it is just until the final sunset." She sighed. "You see, this spell cannot be cast without the special ingredient." She pressed a hoof on Spike's chest. "A dragon's heart."

"I see..." Spike stood there for a moment, clenching his claws. "Well, if we're going to just sit here, I'll bring us some popcorn."

"I'm glad we'll spend the last moments together, Spike."

"I'm glad to be with you at this time, Twilight." He ran into the castle and into the kitchen. However, instead of popcorn, he grabbed the sharpest knife he could find. He wiped off a tear from his cheek and whispered, "One dragon's heart coming up."

Author's Note:

This story participated in the 2019.07's writing contest.

PreviousChapters Next