• Published 9th Jul 2022
  • 1,083 Views, 28 Comments

Spike Shade: The Bad Guy - Mechazilla88



Human outcast turned criminal Spike Shade and his two Changeling partners pull off some near impossible heists while unintentionally doing some good in the world.

  • ...
11
 28
 1,083
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 28 )

Awesome and intense opening. I can't wait to see what else Spike and these bros get into

Pretty cool.
Curious on how this will go.


Wonder how Luna would be handled too?

This was awesome, I saw all the similarities to The Bad Guys, and it fits really well too xD Though, maybe if there was a fourth person/creature/pony, it would be better, fifth would cinch it, but I dunno, I'm not the expert. Maybe that would be too close to the movie then, though

Okay this store is just awesome I can't wait to read more and in honesty I hope it has some romance

“Whew! That was fun!” Pharynx chuckled as he approached the front to join the others, “Go bad…”

“...Or go home.” Spike finished as he gave Pharynx a fist bump.

Gotta love that team rally call.

I can say that I like what I see

Lupin the III? I like me some old skool manga references but goddamn that is a fucked up series to crossover with.

When can we expect some:

Spike being bad.
Got the changeling bros on his side.
LET'S GO!

Eeeeyyy, i was waiting for a Dreamworks Bad guys story😎

Go good... Or go Bad😎

Good first chapter! Only one quick thing, it's consolation prize, not constellation prize

11295822
Fixed. Thank you for pointing that out. :twilightsheepish:

11295827
No problem! Always happy to help a fellow writer/Pharynx & Thorax lover. I'm interested to see where you take the story!

I have to say, the idea DOES have potential. Certainly appreciated the detail in Human Spike's backstory that led to him becoming a criminal AND arriving in Equestria. And, yeah, I also liked how Thorax is kind of a Composite of Mister Snake (safecracker skills and best friend of Spike) and Mister Shark (the sensitivity and master of disguise) with Pharynx providing the Mister Piranha role and the addition of Mister Snake's personality. Definitely makes sense. Of course, I feel like Zecora could be a good one for the Miss Tarantula analogue (given how most of Ponyville [including all of the Mane 6 except Twilight] canonically and literally treated her like she was worse than Nightmare Moon at first even though she literally did nothing to deserve that treatment) though more of a potion/gadget gal and medic than as a hacker since Equestria doesn't exactly have a lot of computers. And, if you find it too difficult to come up with rhymes for Zecora's dialogue [which is very understandable as it IS actually quite difficult to come up with a steady stream of very good rhymes] it would be rather easy to explain that she only does the rhyming when she is trying to sound mysterious and mystical and she is fully capable of speaking normally [thus, she rhymes when you want her to and doesn't when you don't want her to]). Given that Lupin the Third is one of the bases as well, it's pretty easy to guess that Shining is going to be in the role of Inspector Zenigata. Given the basis on Sly Cooper, I could see the Mane 6 all sharing the role of Carmelita Fox (especially given the sibling rivalry between Twilight and Shining). I could quite easily see Luna being in the role of Governor Foxington/the Crimson Paw, given her role as co-ruler of Equestria and her former alter ego of Nightmare Moon. Cozy Glow would be a very logical pick for Professor Marmalade (though as a midget instead of as a kid) given she DOES have the intelligence, the Faux Affably Evil personality AND the initially good PR.

For some reason, I can't help visualizing Spike's first DELIBERATE good deed being protecting a phoenix egg from a trio of dragon bullies. Of course, all of my guesses are, well, just guesses and are just as likely to be wrong as right. And, if you don't like the guesses, then I profusely apologize for wasting your time and fully respect your right not to use them.

Still, great job on the exchanges, action alternate characterizations and future chapter set-up.

11295685
This song might play at the end a la Megamind.

Meet The Bad Guys

Best music track to introduce the main characters of a movie.

If you need an OC for this story, let me know via PM.

So besides Pharynx and Thorax being composites of Mr. Piranha, Ms. Tarantula, Mr. Snake, and Mr. Shark, they also have traits of Bentley (Thorax) and Murray (Pharynx).

I'm interested to see where this goes. And if the anthro pones can get out of their xenophobic mindset.

I wonder if there’s gonna be any sex scenes in the story?

11337923
To be honest, I don’t know whether or not I should. The reason I used the mature tag was because of all the swearing and just wanted to be on the safe side.

Don't mind me, just commenting this place!

When we get anthro ponies, we must have sex with them. It's what anybody would want. Who could ever resist an anthro Princess Celestia or Luna, or even anthro Mane Six?

So when is this great start going to get updated

I like it.
Can there be more of this, please?

Login or register to comment