• Published 11th Sep 2012
  • 16,369 Views, 65 Comments

Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash Bake Cupcakes - DayDrifter75



Pinkie and Rainbow bake cupcakes when something unexpected happens.

  • ...
8
 65
 16,369

Cupcakes

Once upon a time, in the beautiful land of Equestria, there was a-

"Hey, what are you doing?"

Oh, um, I'm narrating the story, Pinkie.

"Well that's no good. I mean, who starts a story with 'Once Upon a Time' anyway? You need to be original," Pinkie Pie stated, staring directly at the narrator.

"Now what are you doing? Stop narrating me, we haven't even started yet!"

Sorry. Well then, what do you suppose I do?

"Let's see. Do you're trying to tell the readers (Hi readers!) about me baking my 'special cupcakes'. So scrap the dramatic stuff and just start with what I'm doing."

Okay, got it. Pinkie Pie was standing in the kitchen. She-

"Now what are you doing!?"

I'm doing what you told me to do, I'm saying exactly what you're doing.

"Well don't be boring about it! You know what, we're running out of time, just do it how you were doing it before."

Grrrrr... I'm just going to start over. Ahem. As Pinkie opened the oven to pull out a batch of cupcakes, she-

"Hey Pinkie Pie! What did you want me to come over for?"

Oh come on!

"Oh don't worry, you get to do the whole story!"

I know, I just don't like when I get interrupted by the ponies I'm narrating. It's your fault you know, ruining the flow of the story.

"Uh, Pinkie, who are you talking to?" asked Rainbow Dash.

Oh, that's right, you're the only one you can hear me.

"Nothing, I'm just talking to myself," the pink pony quipped, now bouncing up and down, "anyways, you're here! I've been waiting aaaaaall day."

"Sorry about being late Pinkie, I was getting in some afternoon practice and I guess I lost track of time," Dash apologised.

Pinkie giggled and snorted before responding, "Oh, that's okay, it's only a few minutes. It's not like I was planning anything that would require you to arrive at a precise time. I'm just excited! I couldn't stop smiling since I woke up!"

Other than the fact that i don't like the way you said that, the cyan coloured pegasus gave an awkward chuckle. She was fond of Pinkie's friendliness, but sometimes it got a bit overwhelming. And strange. And suspicious. Like right now.

"A-anyways, what did you have in mind? Are we gonna pull some pranks? Are you throwing a party that calls for an awesome guest like me? Are we-"

"Cupcakes!"

"Cupcakes?"

Cupcakes. I see.

"Shhhhhhh! Don't spoil the story, some ponies might not have read it yet. Get back to doing your thing."

Fine, but remember, no one else can hear you, so stop messing with the story. Rainbow is staring at you, and is about to say, "Um, Pinkie, you've stopped making sense again."

Pinkie turned away from me (or from her stove from Rainbow's point of view) and faced her rainbow-maned friend once more.

"Don't worry about it. It's time for cupcakes!" she exclaimed.

"But Pinkie, you know I can't bake, remember that time I tried baking that pie?" The two stared off into space.

_______________________________


And apparently they kept staring.

"Ummm, that's your cue."

What? My cue for what? I'm waiting for you to do something, that's how this works.

"Rainbow's having a flashback, you have to use your omniscient narrator powers to show the readers."

OH! Yes, right. I'd better hurry then.

"Ya."

_______________________________


Multicoloured sparkles ranging the whole spectrum of the rainbow burst out the of Sugar Cube Corner, followed by a quick burst of apples and a mound of dough that seemed to fill every corner of Ponyville.

_______________________________


Damnit, I missed the whole flashback! Now the readers won't know what happened beforehand!

"It's okay," Pinkie Pie said, "At least you got the important part. The part that proved Rainbow Dash sucks at baking. And stop narrating my 'saids' and 'replieds' and all that when in talking to you."

Sorry. Of course, Pinkie did remember. It was the day she got the day off work AND she got to eat all the cooked dough in town.

"Oh Rainbow, it wasn't that bad. Besides, I'll be doing most of the work, I just need you to help."

The pegasus thought about it for a moment before replying, "Alright, I guess that's okay. What do I have to do?"

"WEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL!"

Please don't sing.

All you gotta do is take a cup of flour, add it to the mix!
Now just take a little something sweet not sour, a bit of salt just a pinch!

Baking these treats is such a cinch add a teaspoon of vanilla!
Add a little more and you count to four and you'll never get your fill of...

Cupcakes, so sweet and tasty,
Cupcakes, don't be too hasty,
Cupcakes, cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes!

I don't even think you're supposed to be singing a song in this, not to mention a song that you've already used.

"Meh, it still fits, so if anypony complains, it's your fault. It sure makes your job easier, you can skip over the boring cupcake baking and get to the part where I get Rainbow to eat one."

Fine.

_______________________________


After the apparently tedious cupcake baking, which I can probably still describe in less than a thousand words, the cupcakes were nearing perfection. Rainbow was splattering toppings all over her cupcakes while Pinkie was putting the finishing touches on her own batch. Miss Pie had the most beautiful batch that anypony had ever seen. The colours and patterns were near the standards of Rarity's clothing, except on food. It was as if someone had taken the aurora borealis and transmogrified it into pastry form.

Rainbow Dash's looked someone smeared brown paint all over some muffins.

Rainbow sighed. "See Pinks, I told you it wouldn't work out well."

"Oh don't be such a cranky puss. Here, have this 'special cupcake' I made for you."

"I thought I was only helping bake. Do I get to taste test too?" she asked excitedly with her tongue hanging out.

"Something like that."

Rainbow Dash gladly accepted the gift. After all, her hard work had to pay off somewhere. Even if she somehow destroyed an entire batch of cupcakes just by putting sprinkles on. She swallowed. By the look on her face I could tell it wasn't bad. Now I'm hungry.

"Oh shush, I can give you some cupcakes when you finish narrating, okay?"

Erm, that's nice of you, but I'm afraid to eat those cupcakes.

"So, what do I do now Pinkie?"

This is my favourite part. In fact, it's the only part I actually like.

Pinkie only stated one word. "Sleep."

On that word, Rainbow Dash suddenly felt extremely woozy and fell asleep.

Now what? She's asleep. Do I narrate what you do between now and when she wakes up, or do I just skip to... that part.

"Why do you say it like that? What's wrong with the next part?"

It's just... I hate it. I won't be able to narrate it. I can barely mumble my way past the whole first part of the story.

"Oh come on."

No, I refuse.

"Please?"

No.

"Why are you so cranky all of a sudden? Is it something I said?"

YES! I mean, no, not necessarily, it's just... I'm no good as a writer and narrator. I keep missing my cues, screwing up the format, and I'm being interrupted by the story I'm narrating! I'm just irritated is all.

"Oh come on. I don't think you're that bad of a narrator. You're new to this, surely you get some sort of leeway?"

Nope. Being new is no excuse for bad writing. I better just quit while I'm ahead.

"No! You're amazing! I need you, your readers need you. You have to finish the story!"

Do you really think so?

"I know so."

Thanks Pinkie, I really appreciate it.

"No probs! Now go finish the story!"

Right.

_______________________________


When Dash woke up she was in a dark room... You know what? Screw it.

The lights turned on and all her friends were there to surprise her. "Happy birthday!" they all screamed out. Rainbow smiled and they all lived happily ever after with no murder the end.

"But that's not what happened!"

Too bad. Not gonna do it. End of story. Goodnight everypony.

"Awwwww."

Comments ( 62 )

yay happy end! :rainbowlaugh:

I honestly thought this was going to be as gory as Cupcakes

YAY MISTER NARRATOR SAVED RAINBOW FROM A VERY GORY DEMISE!!...And Pinkamena...:pinkiecrazy:

:trixieshiftright: Hmmm......Cupcakes? I am curious as to how this turns out.....will read shortly :pinkiehappy:

Well you got me to laugh, good job.

Probably the only 'Cupcakes' spinoff I will ever enjoy. I'm glad this narrator has a sense of decency. :rainbowdetermined2:

Oh, and there were a couple grammar and capitalization issues. :twilightsmile:

Haha funny stuff. I saw the name and started to pass it, but then i saw it said random and comedy and it was for everyone so i was like what the heck i will read. It was good!:pinkiesmile:

1323326>>1259698>>1258688>>1257986>>1258116>>1258546

Thanks everyone. After I finish the next chapter of The Other Mane six I'm going to be writing somewhat of a sequel to this.

1339743 For what it's worth, this gave me an idea for a story of my own. So I guess that makes you inspiring or something. :twilightsmile:

:rainbowhuh: "so what do I do now?"
"sleep":pinkiesmile:
I like how pinkie didn't kill rainbow, but I want to hear the real story. Where do I find it?:unsuresweetie::trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright::raritywink:

1361442
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/02/story-cupcakes.html
You can find several stories there, but I doubt any of the fimfiction Cupcakes stories are there. Watch out- Le Petit Four has a teary ending that I'd never expect in a pony fic. Especially for a Cupcakes.

*coughskyrimrefrencethatyouprobablywontgetcough*

Pinkie Pie's omniscence rivals Discord. :pinkiegasp:
:pinkiehappy:: Hey there, hairless ape! Whatcha got there!?
Get away from me!

Who else was panicking when they saw this and thought, "Cupcakes? HERE?! NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

1361442
Beware! Beware you brony folk! That story is not a joke, just thinking about it makes me choke (back vomit)! :pinkiesick: :fluttershbad:

God no noooooo god no "vomits":pinkiesick:

lol this was funny! :D :pinkiehappy: btw cupcakes the real story wasn't scary, just weird and gross, but I didn't throw up. :pinkiehappy::pinkiesad2:

That was hilarious! :rainbowlaugh:

(No, I haven’t read the original Cupcakes fic. And no, I’m not going to.)

Pinkie can only talk to the narrorator b/c she can break the fourth wall. :pinkiehappy::pinkiecrazy:

Where can I read the original Cupcakes? :applejackunsure:

2022693
she is a fourth dimensional pony after all...

Comment posted by Liberator Of Life deleted Feb 27th, 2013
Comment posted by Liberator Of Life deleted Feb 27th, 2013

And of course, I didn't get to read Mr(s). RainboomStar's comments before he/she deleted them.

2189946

Not sure if gusta...

Comment posted by Princess Glitzy deleted Feb 1st, 2018

2320482

Yeah, I went to a story that looked interesting and found out that he was one of my followers. After that I realized that he wrote another story that I liked before hew started following me.

I haven't read the original Cupcakes, but I saw the youtube version with the music, which I found hilarious. Originally this was going to be its own story, but it morphed itself into cupcakes as I progressed.

that was interesting:rainbowderp::rainbowderp:

2360302

Si señor, es muy interesante.

Where can I find the original!? :applejackunsure: I RRRREEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYYYYY want to read but I can never find it!! :fluttershysad:

It was as if someone had taken the aurora borealis and transmogrified it into pastry form.

...Aurora Borealis? At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of Equestria, localised entirely within Sugar Cube Corner's kitchen?

2560808

Yup! In pastry form!

Best story ever xDDD :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::facehoof::facehoof::twilightblush::twilightsheepish:

:rainbowlaugh: Rainbow Dash approves of this version. So does everypony else.

No nightmares for me tonight :rainbowlaugh:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW you didn't kill dash:pinkiegasp::pinkiecrazy:

:rainbowkiss: BWAHAHAHAAA HA HAAA...ha:rainbowlaugh:

hahaha,lol. BEST STORY EVER 10/10 haha:twilightsmile:. serouisly though, if you want the real story then look it up on google, (my little pony cupcakes fanfic orginal) and you should be able to find it. BUT I WARN YOU, pinkie does some crazy stuff in there,REAALLY CRAZY STUFF:pinkiecrazy:. If you read the story like me, in the dark, alone, at 12:00 at night, with scary music, then I applaud you good sir.:moustache: happy readings everyone:heart::pinkiecrazy:.

2420939 Trust me, you do NOT want to read the original, you will hate Pinkie Pie FOREVER if you are not the forgiving type.

My emotions consisted of these when I read it; :fluttercry::fluttercry::flutterrage::flutterrage::pinkiesick::pinkiesick::pinkiesick::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::applecry::applecry::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::raritycry::raritycry::raritydespair::raritydespair::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

2057805 Like I told that guy called Do0dlez, trust me, you do NOT want to read the original, you will hate Pinkie Pie FOREVER if you are not the forgiving type.
My emotions consisted of these when I read it; :fluttercry::fluttercry::flutterrage::flutterrage::pinkiesick::pinkiesick::pinkiesick::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::applecry::applecry::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::raritycry::raritycry::raritydespair::raritydespair::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

Ok I know it's wrong and I'm probably gonna scream my head off if I read it..but does anybody know where the original, really scary, Pinkie does it to Rainbow story is? I really want to read it so if you could please reply with a link that would be AWESOME!! Oh and this is an awesome version of it.....actually kind of funny(especially at the end)!!

I love this ending :scootangel:

This is what I thought:

:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftleft::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::twilightblush::twilightblush::twilightblush::twilightblush::derpyderp2::unsuresweetie:

nice little happy ending to the original 'cupcakes' have a 'stache :moustache:

lol this was hilarious even though I haven't even read the original cupcakes :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment