• Published 22nd Oct 2021
  • 719 Views, 12 Comments

DangerVerse Motorsport Events - DangerDean

  • ...
 12
 719

PreviousChapters Next
The Diamond Bay - Catherdal of Solidarity GP - Main Race (Formula Equestria)

Danger was sitting in the first row of grid with Iris beside him. He was a bit oblivious as to why Aria’s engine came over all Italian. He decided that after the race, he would ask Aria if she’s OK and that he would treat her to something. He didn’t know what to do, but he though he could make it a surprise.

Meanwhile, Zephyr Galaxia was hoping to avenge Oscura to score a top 10 finish in the 68 laps of the race.

The lights went out and Iris got jump on Danger heading into turn 1, Akula went down to 6th due getting swamped by Sonic Flash and Viral Velocity which was unforunately for him but to Rainbow, who started in 9th place was now on the Crimson Arrow’s draft.

On lap 4, Iris was leading comfortably by 2 second from Danger and Sonic third. A couple corners later, a yellow flag was needed between turns 8 and 10 after Zephyr Galaxia plans to overtake Sunset Shimmer took an silver arrow to the knee. Luckily for Sunset, there was no need to bring out the Safety Car, which really pissed off Zephyr.

“I got damage! Ugh, I can see Oscura gets this kind of treatment with Danger. What an idiot Sunset is.” Zephyr complained.

After that fiasco, Lightning Dust was also making gains, having started in 13th place. Overtaking Azarea Dragonheart and Lolestra Maledicta was part of it. She was now in 11th place and not from Applejack.

On lap 11, Danger had a call from the wild when he found a woodchuck on the track.

“I think Fluttershy’s animals got on the track… again.” Danger reported.

“Remind Fluttershy to not give her animals, including Angel Bunny race tickets.” Crimsonia said.

“I don’t think animals have wallets, Crim. I’m wondering though,” Danger replied.

“Would it be benefical both of us that you focus on your race as you’re 1.9 seconds adrift from the lead?” Crimsonia asked.

“Let me know if I’m still thinking about it.” Danger said.


On lap 13, the top 5 were Iris, Danger, Sonic, Applejack and Viral. But Sonic was beginning to feel the pressure from the surging McLaren of Applejack, with the Legion of Speedfreak and farmer bearing turn 15.

Applejack herself was getting used to the MCL36’s handling characteristics, (unlike her teammate Pinkie who crashed in qualifying) she has been making good results. She hoped that she would score her first podium. At turn 3 on lap 14, she got her wish as a mistake from Sonic gained a chance for the McLaren to pass the Sonic GP car on the outside.


After hearing that Iris pitted for a new set of mediums on lap 18, Danger stayed out and claimed the lead, while the Silver Arrow dropped to 3rd after Applejack overtook her. He knew that his tyres were nearly dead.

Iris wasn’t conivced that the pit stop wasn’t the right move as she was now losing time to Sonic Flash who was in 4th.

“That wasn’t what I thought would happen, I didn’t think that AJ was gonna pass me.” Iris said.

Her race engineer, Athena Wildflare, wasn’t aware of the gap between Danger and Applejack.

“I didn’t realise that was gonna be the case.”

Then…

“Iris, it’s James. We had a risk with the tyre degradation and we didn’t realise that the gap between and the McLaren was less than we thought.” James said.

Iris thought James was not helping at all but she realised that the McLaren was now fighting for the lead soon.

“I understand, James.”


While Iris was getting the Valtteri Bottas treatment, the Aston Martin of Rainbow Dash had overtook the Crimson Arrow at the final corner. With Danger going to the pits on lap 20 for softs, Sonic Flash was about to overtake him but as Danger approach the pit exit, Sonic was only 0.3 seconds behind him.

The first 23 laps of the race had no drama so far as most of the field had done their first stop. Most of the drivers thought that it was a relaxing race.

But that wasn’t going to happen, as on lap 24, the Lamborghini of Cadenza Spark, who was in 15th place, collided with the lapped car of Sunset Skies, forcing them both out of the race. Both drivers were OK but there was a lot of debris on the track.


It took until lap 28 to clean the track but Applejack led the way with Iris, Danger, Sonic and Viral and Akula. Applejack hadn’t won a race so far since joining McLaren in 2019, but she did make good results in the past three seasons.

Then on lap 32…

Applejack’s engine channeled some 2015 flashbacks and decided to expire at turn 16, causing her race to end prematurely. This meant Iris was in the lead and 6 seconds clear of the British Speedfreak.

On lap 35, Rainbow was having a really good race, currently in 7th and with 1.8 seconds separating her and Kai Solarguard’s Pagani. Her teammate, Lightning Dust was also racking up places. Despite dropping to 12th due to a 15 second pitstop, she was finally got the grips of the AMR-22 and was now in 9th and ahead of Sunset Shimmer.

Further up the field, Danger was in tight battle with Sonic as both the Ferrari and the Sonic GP cars blasted through the straight before the Cathedral section. As the two cars headed towards turn 11. Sonic went to the inside and Danger was on the outside, but a mistake from Danger caused to accidently and very nearly forced Sonic into the wall.

Then Crimsonia was on the radio.

“OK, Danger, it’s imperative you keep pushing, they need to add 5 seconds onto your next pit stop.”

“Can you explain to them that I was full lock on the steering wheel and I couldn’t steer more. He also moved in the braking zone and that was the big problem. That’s completely not right.” Danger replied, thinking that he wasn’t in the wrong. He realised he was 3 laps away from his pit stop.

Sonic was a bit puzzled by what he witnessed.

“It not like Danger to be making mistakes.” Sonic said.


While Danger was In the pits, Iris was still leading the race with Sonic behind. She now had opened a 8 second lead over Sonic and ready for her next pitstop on lap 39.

With 25 laps to go. Danger was now in 5th and still within 3 seconds from Akula. But with the new set of mediums on his SF22, he hoped that Akula, who pitted on lap 41 after his medium were worn to the canvas, would make a slight mistake in the coming laps.

On lap 45, Sonic was now 2 seconds behind Iris and he hoped that his SGP001 would close the gap as the tyre on Iris’ W13 were older by about 3 laps.

Even though the top 10 after 46 laps was Iris, Sonic, Viral, Akula, Danger, Rainbow, Kai Solarguard, Lightning Dust, Sunset Shimmer and Zephyr Galaxia. The race was relativly calm after Sunset Skies and Cadenza Spark crashed.


The chaos resumed on lap 51 as Viral suddenly spun out at turn 15. Luckily for Viral, she got going again. However due to her spin, she now in 5th after Akula and Danger overtook her.

On the 53rd lap, Lightning was suddenly promoted to 7th after Rainbow’s clutch suddenly broke itself, It also meant that Sunset Shimmer was in 8th, Zephyr was 9th and Lolestra Maledicta in 10th.

Iris was hoping for a three-stop strategy due to her tyre degradation being problematic. With Sonic gaining 0.6 seconds a lap, Iris felt that her chance of winning would end on by lap 55 and on that lap, Sonic in the inside to his advantage to get up to the lead. Danger had also overtaken Akula on lap 56.


On lap 60, Iris pitted for the super soft tyres to get the lead back. She felt to 4th with Akula 9 seconds adrift. Sonic meanwhile was overtaking the back-marker of Vapor Trail on lap 63. Iris hoped that on lap 65, she would overtake the Crimson Arrow. But the battle continued right up until Sonic crossed the line to win his maiden Grand Prix, with Danger second (even after his tangle with Sonic). Akula led off Iris to complete the podium. Iris was fourth, Viral fifth, Kai Solarguard sixth, Lightning Dust seventh, Zephyr eigth, Sunset ninth and Lolestra tenth.

PreviousChapters Next