• Published 22nd Oct 2021
  • 719 Views, 12 Comments

DangerVerse Motorsport Events - DangerDean

  • ...
 12
 719

PreviousChapters Next
2023 Velocity City Grand Prix

While Danger was preparing for qualifying for the race, a lot of things were running rampant in his mind. The first thing was that he was concerned over Rusalka and that no matter how competitive Formula Equestria is, camaraderie was still a thing. The second thing was that some of the public claimed that Danger didn’t boycott the Indigo City Grand Prix (even though it wasn’t his intention) after Rusalka was not rushed to hospital for her injuries. Danger explained in the press conference that he wasn’t keen on the idea of his friends, or former enemies like Oscura, to be given medical attention by people they don’t know.

But, no one could really blame him.

Having being in the Maranello family ever since he founded his car manufacturer in 2002, he had seen a lot of good drivers contemplate retirement as their injuries was going to affect the prowess. Even though Danger had as much faith in medical workers as Oscura had with Red Bull from 2014 to 2022, he still believed that the Danger City’s finest medical staff will treat Rusalka with as much care as possible, so that she can decide whether or not to either retire or help develop Porsche to be the next Goliath, or in Hailey Banefire’s case rekindle the success Lamborghini used to get during their time in the promised land.

The third thing on his mind was how will Rusalka’s temporary replacement, Selena Sinderlight would cope at the Scuderia. Despite the ‘Aria City Hellhound’ had been in numerous tests with Ferrari and her time in the Equestrian GT Championship, she was heading to the Velocity City track blind as she hadn’t had any experience on the track. Apart from 3 hours of testing on Danger’s race simulator program where she was driving a Mercedes W13 with a Danger Motorsport livery on it.

But those fears would be vanquished by the time he went out on track.


1. Viral Velocity, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 1:21.485
2. Adriana Novalight, McLaren-Danger Motorsport, 1:21.496
3. Hailey Banefire, Squadra Corse Lamborghini-Danger Motorsport, 1:21.636
4. Danger Dean, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 1:21.726
5. Selena Sinderlight, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 1:21.740
6. Aria Blaze, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 1:21.794
7. Danny Dean, Scuderia Forza Nova-Ferrari, 1:22.074
8. Oscura Galaxia, Team Galaxia, 1:22.080
9. Gabrielle Sharkfire, Chevrolet Team Sharkfire, 1:22.117
10. Sonic Flash, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 1:22.256
11. Calliope Thunderscythe, Chevrolet Team Sharkfire, 1:22.288
12. Azura Dragonsfire, Lotus-Dragonsfire, 1:22.339
13. Beatrice Radiance, Porsche Team Radiance, 1:22.374
14. Rainbow Dash, Aston Martin-Danger Motorsport, 1:22.386
15. Sparkling Lionfire, McLaren-Danger Motorsport, 1:22.428
16. Fiona Crush, Jaguar-Lionfire, 1:22.588
17. Vivian Radiance, Porsche Team Radiance, 1:22.658
18. Riley Radiantshard, Pagani, 1:22.688
19. Manic Speed, Sonic GP-Ferrari, 1:22.778
20. Amy Firepetal, Sonic GP-Ferrari, 1:22.998


As Viral lay in pole position with for the 66 lap race. Many people were wondering if the either Adriana or Viral would get a clean run into turn 1. Either Danger could avenge last year’s DNF, or get jumped off the line by Selena. When it’s lights out, Selena did jump Danger off the line and heading into the first turn…

Viral and Adriana tangled with each other and both of them lost their front wings. They did go to the pits for new orders of wings but as a result they were 19th and 20th place and a lap down, meaning they really needed a miracle if they had any chance of staying in the title hunt. When the race restarted on lap 4, Hailey Banefire was leading from Selena and Danger.

Danger capitalised massive from the turn 1 calamity Viral and Adriana had and on lap 5 at turn 3, Danger pass Selena for 2nd. Aria was 4th, Danny was 5th, Gabrielle was 6th, Oscura was 7th, Calliope was 8th, Sonic was 9th and 10th was Rainbow. Rainbow was avenging her 14th place in qualifying due to uneven tyre temperatures and pressures. Over the course from lap 6 to 9, she reeling in on Sonic. Despite being concerned over Rusalka, she still wanted to give her something to watch on the TV screen in her quarters in the Legion of Speedfreaks HQ in Danger City.

A miracle came for both Adriana and Viral as on lap 12 at turn 9, Fiona’s Jaguar slammed into the tyre wall after she locked brake and on lap 13, they were able to pass the Safety Car to get their lap back. Most fans watching the decision was debating this as both could gotten the lap back from pace and speed alone. But as they knew by lap 14, fate is a double-edged sword and Ferrari were no exception in the past with crashes or the car being fundamentally Italian.

When the race restarted on lap 15 of 66, Hailey held the lead from Danger and Selena with Aria and Danny behind. Selena was all over the British Speedfreak’s gearbox and with Hailey not getting a good restart, she lost the lead to Selena who in turn lost the lead to Danger after he passed both of them into turn 5. By lap 19, Viral and Adriana climbed up to 14th and 15th but with Danger pulling away into the distance and with 25 points in hand with 150 points on offer in Velocity City and Cloudsdale, they felt as if their title hopes were slipping away lap after lap.


1. Danger Dean, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 440 points
2. Adriana Novalight, McLaren-Danger Motorsport, 382 points
3. Viral Velocity, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 363 points
4. Aria Blaze, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 289 points
5. Danny Dean, Scuderia Forza Nova-Ferrari, 205 points
6. Rainbow Dash, Aston Martin-Danger Motorsport, 191 points
7. Oscura Galaxia, Team Galaxia, 182 points
8. Hailey Banefire, Squadra Corse Lamborghini-Danger Motorsport, 169 points
9. Kaci Lionlight, McLaren-Danger Motorsport, 134 points
10. Iris Dayspark, Mercedes AMG Petronas, 119 points


Disaster would strike for Rainbow Dash as she would retire on lap 24 due to a gearbox failure and as she crawled into the pits to retire, Viral was now in 10th. From being a lap down to be in the points after 23 laps was a comeback akin to what Danger pulled off in Aurora City. Even fans of ‘Double V’ thought of Danger can pull off a comeback. Viral can too.

After Danger retained the lead after a pitstop of lap 29 for Danger Motorsport-spec ‘Super-hard’ tyres and Selena dropped to 3rd behind Aria. Danger’s ‘super-hard’ tyres had a orange ring around the middle of tyre and would run for about 38 to 40 laps. The only downside Danger was facing was the tyres would lose 1.19 miles per hour a lap on average but fans knew that Danger would still be fast no matter hard or soft the tyres are.

Most of the drivers pitted between lap 30 to 33 for mediums and softs. Danger was still leading from Aria and Selena. But as Hailey came into the pits for her tyres, a fire broke out on her left rear brake disc. Hailey was out and that meant, Danny was now in 4th place. This also meant Viral was in 9th place but Sonic had defended like a bouncer of a club when dealing with problematic customers. Adriana was now in 10th place and she hoped that she would chip at Danger’s 77 point lead.

On lap 37, Oscura was still keeping a steady pace in the race and with plenty of room to relax and she was in 6th place and 14 seconds back from Gabrielle and 16 seconds ahead of Calliope in 7th. But her calmness suddenly evaporated on lap 39 as her car slowed to a crawl. As she came in the pit lane, it was revealed that she suffered a terminal gearbox failure like what Rainbow endured 15 laps prior. This promoted the Lotus of Azura into the points but her 27 second gap to Adriana was not worthy of chipping away.

4 laps later (lap 43), Danger had enough of the super hard tyres and switched to medium compound tyres as he lost 30 of his 33 second lead over Aria Blaze. As Danger left the pits, he was now in second place but he only needed a little amount of points to make sure that his lead was no longer under threat if he retired from the race in Italian fashion. Selena was in 3rd, Danny was still 4th and Gabrielle and Calliope were now 5th and 6th, Sonic was 7th, Adriana was 8th after Viral was on the wrong tyres in 9th and Azura in 10th.


1. Danger Dean, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 458 points
2. Adriana Novalight, McLaren-Danger Motorsport, 386 points
3. Viral Velocity, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 365 points
4. Aria Blaze, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 314 points
5. Danny Dean, Scuderia Forza Nova-Ferrari, 217 points
6. Rainbow Dash, Aston Martin-Danger Motorsport, 191 points
7. Oscura Galaxia, Team Galaxia, 182 points
8. Hailey Banefire, Squadra Corse Lamborghini-Danger Motorsport, 169 points
9. Kaci Lionlight, McLaren-Danger Motorsport, 134 points
10. Iris Dayspark, Mercedes AMG Petronas, 119 points


With 72 points now separating Danger from Adriana. Crimsonia was now on Danger.

“Danger, I worked out that in order to win your 7th title, Adriana needs to finish 8th or worse… or option B is that you could pass Aria for the lead like you did in Cloudsale last year.” Crimsonia explained.

“What’s the gap to Aria?” Danger asked.

“Er… Aria is now 5 seconds behind but she has to stop again soon.”

With 17 laps left, Aria pitted for mediums, but she didn’t account for the number on her advanced helmet, which was showing her timings like when she’s playing a racing game, displayed ‘-0.1’. Aria thinks that her pitstop may have inadvertently made Adriana’s title chance disappear. Unless there was Safety Car, but since there were 16 cars left and the field was spread out at most parts of the circuit. It could be possible, but it didn’t seem likely.

As the laps trickled down with the sun was setting over the horizon, lights began to don the circuit. Aria still needed fate to shine on her and by lap 55… Adriana crashed into the wall with 12 laps to go. This did bunch the field up and Viral was now in 8th place, Azura 9th and Amy Firepetal in 10th with 1st to 7th not changing.

When the Safety Car came into the pits with 7 laps left, Viral wanted to get past Calliope but the ‘Shark Train’ was holding everyone up. Since Sonic had overtaken Gabrielle and Calliope at turn 5, he didn’t have to endure the cushion pull back if he was held up because of the ‘train’. 2 laps to go, Aria tried to get a move on Danger but her reflexes get the better of her and she had drive the SF-DGR23 home.

As Danger crossed the line on lap 66 to win the Velocity City Grand Prix, it was over. Danger had become a 7-time Formula Equestria champion.

"What a year, Danger! You are now a 7-timer and you can't stop at seven." Crimsonia celebrated.

"YEAH! FORZA FERRARI BABY! That's for all the kids out there, who dream the impossible! You can do it too, boys and girls!" Danger celebrated.

"Yep, beer is on you tonight. Hope we make last call." Crimsonia said.

"They'll make an exception to a 7 time champion, right?" Danger replied.

Danger realised that even with all the hardships, ranging from crashes, failures and the slow start to the season. He climbed on the top step of the podium, draped in British flag while holding a British flag with his ‘Double-D’ on and as he lifted the trophy, 3 confetti cannons containing blue, red and white confetti covered the podium. After the celebration, Danger looked at the top 10 of the standings and it spoke for itself.


1. Danger Dean, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 483 points, 2023 Formula Equestria Champion
2. Adriana Novalight, McLaren-Danger Motorsport, 386 points
3. Viral Velocity, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 369 points
4. Aria Blaze, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 332 points
5. Danny Dean, Scuderia Forza Nova-Ferrari, 229 points
6. Rainbow Dash, Aston Martin-Danger Motorsport, 191 points
7. Oscura Galaxia, Team Galaxia, 182 points
8. Hailey Banefire, Squadra Corse Lamborghini-Danger Motorsport, 169 points
9. Kaci Lionlight, McLaren-Danger Motorsport, 134 points
10. Iris Dayspark, Mercedes AMG Petronas, 119 points

Author's Note:

What did you think of Selena Sinderlight’s debut?

PreviousChapters Next