• Published 22nd Oct 2021
  • 719 Views, 12 Comments

DangerVerse Motorsport Events - DangerDean

  • ...
 12
 719

PreviousChapters Next
2023 Nova City Grand Prix

As the Formula Equestria circus headed to Nova City, Danger’s brain was running on fumes as he realised the penny will be dropped with a echoing clang. If he DNFs in the race, he would 145 points behind Viral and if she wins in Aurora City in the Ferrari, she would be the 2023 champion by the time the Sapphire Point Grand Prix came around. But the British Speedfreak decided to put on a good fight for the title and he would not throw in the towel, especially with 6 rounds to go and a 450 points remaining in the championship.

Danger got into the SF-DGR23 and went out to hopefully to whittle away at Viral’s 70 point lead.


1st. Aria Blaze, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 1:37.884
2nd. Rainbow Dash, Aston Martin-Danger Motorsport. 1:37.899
3rd. Kaci Lionlight, McLaren-Danger Motorsport, 1:37.957
4th. Starlight Glimmer, Red Bull Racing Team Starlight, 1:37.964
5th. Danger Dean, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 1:38.047
6th. Adriana Novalight, McLaren-Danger Motorsport, 1:38.075
7th. Rayfa Dawnlight, Team Galaxia, 1:38.225
8th. Viral Velocity, AKV Motorsports-Ferrari, 1:38.336
9th. Hailey Banefire, Squadra Corse Lamborghini-Danger Motorsport. 1:38.395
10th. Danny Dean, Scuderia Forza Nova-Ferrari, 1:38.432
11th. Rusalka Swordlight, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 1:38.479
12th. Sayori Blitz, Renault-Danger Motorsport, 1:38.585
13th. Astral Dash, Mercedes-AMG Petronas, 1:38.591
14th. Azura Dragonsfire, Lotus-Dragonsfire, 1:38.597
15th. Iris Dayspark, Mercedes-AMG Petronas, 1:38.986
16th. Sonic Flash, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 1:39.046
17th. Hatsune Soulblitz, Volkswagen I.D, 1:39.268
18th. Beatrice Radiance, Porsche Team Radiance, 1:39.485
19th. Jasmine Spark, Mercedes-AMG Petronas, 1:39.538
20th. Manic Speed, Sonic GP-Ferrari, 1:39.774
21st. Kalliope Thunder, Mercedes-AMG Petronas, 1:39.946
22nd. Azarea Dragonlight, Lotus-Dragonsfire, 1:40.227
23rd. Alexandra Swordlight, Porsche Team Radiance, 1:40.464
24th. Lightning Dust, Squarda Corse Lamborghini-Danger Motorsport, n/a (crashed in qualifying)


Luckily for Danger he did out-qualify is future teammate but Aria got the pole for the second time in 3 races and if the 64 laps go to plan for Aria and if Danger’s car fails again. What didn’t help him was the when the race started, he was passed on the straight by Starlight Glimmer while Rainbow Dash went into the lead. Dash’s AMR23 was working wonders in Nova City for the 3-time champion and she was ahead of her good friend Aria Blaze. Viral was passed Danny Dean and Hailey Banefire after a slow start. Luckily for Viral, Danger got passed by Adriana Novalight at turn 5 which wasn’t in his script in order to get the lead from Aria Blaze. But in Adriana’s Night City excitement of passing Danger, she misjudged turn 7 and fell back to 8th behind Rayfa Dawnlight. This also result in Danger re-inheriting 5th place after inverting at turn 6. But Danger’s radio was starting become a bit NASCAR-esque.

“You are close to the McLaren by two tenths, Danger.” Crimsonia reported.

“Crim, you sounded like a TV anchorwoman there. IT’S OK, WE GOT IT!” Danger said, before doing his anchorman impression.

On lap 3, Aria was still in the lead of the race after a move on Dash at turn 6, with Starlight and Kaci in a battle for 3rd place. Meanwhile, Viral was still doing fine despite one fact, the Nova City Grand Prix would be Viral’s final race with AKV Motorsports as she will be at the Scuderia with Danger Dean at the Aurora City Grand Prix and she will be in the team Danger had founded 16 years ago. But it wouldn’t be only news that day. Oscura Galaxia would be in that race. After her serious crash at the Blaze City, she made a pledge to return to racing in the team that bears her surname. She also hopefully challenge for the lead because her team is making her OSCGP002 faster than before to give herself the best opportunity to score some of the 375 points needed to win the championship.

With 7 laps in the books, Danger was making sure to net as much points as possible as Viral lay in 6th place and that he would be provisionally 8 points ahead of Aria and 68 points behind Viral. A few corners later, Danger went on a mission to get back into the lead were he knew the Aria would keep it warm for him. From the final turn on lap 9 to lap 11, Danger was scything through the gap to get up to 3rd after a good move on Kaci Lionlight. Every one knew that Danger was on a mission, a mission to get mitigate some of the 70 point gap.

Meanwhile, Hailey Banefire was in another zone and she was making good headway, she was also being a real headache for Rayfa as the MMXXIII was battling the OSCGP002. Despite being Formula Equestria rookies this season, they were fierce competitors, especially during their Equestrian GT Championship in 2018 and 2019 when they were driving a Lamborghini Huracan GT3 and an Audi R8 LMS respectively. While Rayfa was more conservative in keeping her position, Hailey was more aggressive and her driving style was more akin to Danger’s. By the time lap 15 came around, Hailey went down the inside of Rayfa at turn 14 and made it stick, she was now in 8th place and it was good points on the cars for her.

Up front, Rainbow and Aria were in a title battle for the lead, Dash was in 8th in the standings with 78 points whereas Aria was 4th with 184 points. Even Dash clean swept the race, she wouldn’t be in the title hunt, compared to Danger and Adriana. By lap 18, she had the benefit on Adriana being in 6th place but problem was that the SF-DGR23 of Danger was getting closer and closer. Aria and Danger were close by as Rainbow initially took the lead of the race at turn 9, the AMR23 with the Danger Motorsport power unit was quick on the straights but Danger was right beside her when they reached turn 11. Aria was told to not interfere as it was for the championship especially since Starlight Glimmer was about 2 and a half seconds adrift. As Danger passed Rainbow at turn 20 to start his 19th lap, Aria was holding off Starlight Glimmer with Viral in 5th and Adriana in 6th. Danny Dean was in 7th with Hailey Banefire 8th and Rayfa Dawnlight in 9th with Astral Dash in 10th after Rusalka’s gearbox packed up the lap prior.


1st. Viral Velocity, AKV Motorsports-Ferrari, 297 points
2nd. Adriana Novalight, McLaren-Danger Motorsport, 258 points
3rd. Danger Dean, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 242 points
4th. Aria Blaze, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 209 points
5th. Danny Dean, Scuderia Forza Nova-Ferrari, 142 points
6th. Iris Dayspark, Mercedes-AMG Petronas, 117 points
7th. Rusalka Swordlight, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 108 points
8th. Rainbow Dash, Aston Martin-Danger Motorsport, 96 points
9th. Starlight Glimmer, Red Bull Racing Team Starlight, 77 points
10th. Akula, AKV Motorsports-Ferrari, 60 points


A major reshuffle occurred after Danger pitted on lap 22. While Danger retained the lead and making good progress, The Team Galaxia car of Rayfa Dawnlight had a massive benefit to get up to 2nd place. The McLaren of Kaci Lionfire also got a massive boost up the leaderboard as she moved up to 3rd after dropping to 14th at one point due to bad start off the line. A few corners went by and Rayfa was now challenging the Ferrari. For the fans it was incredible to witness, Rayfa attempting to take the lead away from Danger. Hailey Banefire was 4th and Sonic Flash was in 5th after starting from 16th on the grid. Even Hatsune Soulblitz was in the points, 6th place specifically after starting from 17th. Danny Dean remained in 7th, Rusalka was in 8th place, Aria was 9th and Viral was in 10th. If Viral stayed in 10th place, Danger would be netting 48 points if he cleanly swept the remaining 40 laps.

Rayfa was still trying to pass Danger but her OSCGP002 was not as quick in a straight line compared to Viral’s AKV02 or Danger’s SF-DGR23. She tried a move at the hairpin at turn 16 but Danger defended instantly. At the chicane of turns 17 to 20, Rayfa couldn’t keep up with the raw speed that Danger has. For the next few laps, Viral was making short work on the bottom half of the top 10. Passing Aria on lap 25 and Rusalka two laps later. Danger was still netting 21 points as he began to realise why the Nova City circuit was tough on cars.

After Manic Speed retired from the race on lap 30 due to a power unit issue, his Team Sonic Motorsport teammate, Sonic Flash, was still in 5th place and gaining on the Lamborghini of Hailey Banefire. Ever since Aria Blaze left Lamborghini to join Ferrari in 2020, Lamborghini had been on a downward spiral even with Lightning Dust who tried to restore their team to their pre-2020 ways of glory. Hailey had been a test driver for Lamborghini since 2018 so she felt that it was necessary to bring the good victories back. In the span of a few laps, she defended with caution, courage and tenacity to fend of Sonic. 2 laps later, Viral had passed Danny Dean and she realised that she had a 10 second gap to Hatsune Soulblitz. This didn’t matter Viral since she was gaining about 1.7 seconds per lap and by lap 40 she was now 3 seconds adrift and at the final corner on that lap, she overtook the Volkswagen and was now in 6th place.


1st. Viral Velocity, AKV Motorsports-Ferrari, 305 points
2nd. Danger Dean, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 267 points
3rd. Adriana Novalight, McLaren-Danger Motorsport, 258 points
4th. Aria Blaze, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 211 points
5th. Danny Dean, Scuderia Forza Nova-Ferrari, 146 points
6th. Iris Dayspark, Mercedes-AMG Petronas, 117 points
7th. Rusalka Swordlight, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 109 points
8th. Rainbow Dash, Aston Martin-Danger Motorsport, 96 points
9th. Starlight Glimmer, Red Bull Racing Team Starlight, 77 points
10th. Kaci Lionlight, McLaren-Danger Motorsport, 72 points


With 20 laps to go, the field was reshuffled to when it was 22 laps to go, Danger still led the race but now with Kaci up into 2nd place with Rayfa in 3rd, Adriana was in 4th and Aria Blaze in 5th place.

Danny Dean was 6th place, Hailey Banefire was 7th, Viral was 8th, Rainbow Dash 9th and Starlight Glimmer was in 10th. Viral couldn’t believe it, this is was the second pitstop in a row where she lost all the positions gained in the 20 laps since the second phase and with the laps trickling down. The Swiss Army Knife needed a miracle and a fast miracle. Danger didn’t care about this as he was running his own race and was doing a damn good job of it. Even though the McLaren of Kaci Lionlight was making life difficult for him as well as Rayfa Dawnlight closing in, Danger was still not bothered about the immense pressure and with 18 laps to go, he was getting bored.

“Not much action going on when you’re in first place, is there, Crim?” Danger stated on the radio.

“Have you only realised that for the first time all season, Dean?” Crimsonia asked.

“Now that you mentioned it… yes.” Danger replied. “I need something to happen”

On lap 45, Viral had overtaken the Lamborghini of Hailey Banefire and was on a mission to regain the positions lost in the traffic. She knew the pit stop screwed her over and as she was approaching the Forza Nova of Danny Dean… the safety car came out after Rusalka Swordlight crashed into the wall at turn 13 as she misjudged the turn and nearly collecting the Mercedes of Jasmine Spark in the crash.

After the race got underway again… with 10 laps to go. Danger realised why the Safety Car was out since lap 46. The cranes lifting the Rusalka’s Ferrari had a issue and her Ferrari was dropped back onto the track. After the car was taken on a flatbed, the safety teams were collecting all the debris from where Rusalka’s Ferrari had landed. Meanwhile, a mistake from Kaci Lionfire at turn 6 helped Rayfa to get into second place. Rayfa realised that if she held off Danger in the remaining 10 laps, it would not only be her first GP win, it would be Team Galaxia’s first win the Formula Equestria. She was hounding the Ferrari of Danger Dean and with 9 laps to go, she was now 0.5 seconds behind but the speed the SF-DGR23 had was getting more and more problematic for Rayfa.

7 laps to go, Danger was 0.8 seconds ahead.

5 laps to go, Danger was 1.4 seconds ahead.

With 3 laps to go, the tyres on Danger’s car were getting less and less comfortable. Danger had been told by Crimsonia that the rate of degradation was such that his tyres not last 3 laps. The other problem was Rayfa was on fresher rubber and she had made a pit stop, Danger did not as he was stuck on a 1 stop strategy.

2 laps to go, Danger’s lead at gone done from 1.5 seconds to 0.6 seconds.

From turns 10 to 12, Rayfa began to close in and with Danny being passed by Viral. Danger held his breath. At turns 13 to 16, Rayfa closed the gap and at the eighteenth turn… Rayfa passed Danger to win the race. Kaci was 3rd, Aria Blaze was 4th, Viral was 5th, Danny was 6th, Adriana was 7th, Hailey Banefire was 8th and Azura Dragonsfire and Rainbow Dash finished in 9th and 10th respectively


1st. Viral Velocity, AKV Motorsports-Ferrari, 315 points
2nd. Danger Dean, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 285 points
3rd. Adriana Novalight, McLaren-Danger Motorsport, 264 points
4th. Aria Blaze, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 223 points
5th. Danny Dean, Scuderia Forza Nova-Ferrari, 154 points
6th. Iris Dayspark, Mercedes-AMG Petronas, 117 points
7th. Rusalka Swordlight, Scuderia Ferrari-Danger Motorsport, 109 points
8th. Rainbow Dash, Aston Martin-Danger Motorsport, 97 points
9th. Kaci Lionlight, McLaren-Danger Motorsport, 87 points
10th. Rayfa Dawnlight, Team Galaxia, 85 points

PreviousChapters Next