• Published 2nd Sep 2021
  • 2,540 Views, 31 Comments

Camp Spike Everfree - Phantom-Dragon



And Spike was his name-o! Yodel le he hoo~ Young Spike goes camping at Camp Everfree with Wallflower Blush and others.

  • ...
6
 31
 2,540

Hiking on the Trail

The next morning, the sun rose up high into the sky and shines its light into the tents of every campers at Camp Everfree.

Inside their shared tent, Wallflower Blush was the first to wake up, with some of the sunlight, shining on her face. Opening her tired eyes, Wallflower let out a yawn, before she felt something, or someone, holding her. She looked down and her eyes snapped fully awake, to see Spike cuddling up next to her.

‘SPIKE?!’ She mentally shouted. ‘WH-Wha-What’s he...he is kinda cute, sleeping like this,’ She relaxed, when she took another look at the sleeping boy.

Chuckling to herself, Wallflower gently stroke her hands across the boy's hair, who moaned in his sleep from the touch.

"Mmmm," Spike responded, tightening his hug around Wallflower's torso. "But mom, I don't want to go to school today," Wallflower blushed a shade of red, when Spike, in his sleep, smothered his face against her chest. "I want to stay home and bake cookies with you."

"EEK!" Wallflower Blush squeaked, feeling instinct take her over, and she shoved Spike off of her person, and onto the floor.

"Ow!" Spike woke up, groaning from the throbbing sensation on his head. "Wha...what happened?" He got up, and turned his head to see Wallflower Blush, in her bed, pulling the blanket up, wrapping her arms over herself. "Oh! Morning, Wallflower," Spike yawned. "Hey...uh, you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Wallflower asked in sarcasm. "You were sleeping on me, this morning!"

“I was?” Spike asked. “Oh…sorry. I hope I didn’t do anything inappropriate then…”

“No. Nothing at all,” Wallflower continued to stammer. “Besides…it’s a new day! So…let’s get ourselves cleaned up and we can begin!”

“Sounds like a plan,” Spike said, as he grabbed himself a new set of fresh clothes and went off to the boys shower.

After being left alone, Wallflower picked up a fresh set of clothes of her own and headed for the girls shower.

All the same, she couldn’t stop thinking about the sensational feeling she felt from Spike’s cuddle.

‘Oh my,’ She blushed mentally.


After washing themselves clean, putting on a fresh set of clothes, and finishing breakfast, Spike and Wallflower soon went out to the center of Camp Everfree, surrounding the stage where Gloriosa Daisy and Timber Spruce were standing to announce the camp activity for the day.

“Attention Camp Everfree,” Gloriosa Daisy announced. “Today, we are going on a hiking trip on the Everfree trails! We’ll be seeing all kinds of cute animals, look at the majestic landscape, and make wonderful memories!”

“And now, we’re all going to divide you all up into pairs,” Timber Spruce added. “I can’t make any promises that you’ll be paired with your roommates. It’s all up to the luck of the draw, now let’s begin.”

With that, Timber Spruce proceeded to randomly pick out some names from the raffles. By the end, Spike found himself paired up with Kiwi Lollipop, while Wallflower Blush was paired with Vignette Valencia.

“Well, Timber Spruce did say he can’t make promises, Wallflower,” Spike said to the green haired girl.

“Yeah, but at least I got a partner,” Wallflower sighed. “That’s one more than I got last year.”

“Hey, look on the bright side,” Spike began. “Maybe you’ll make lots of memories with your new friend. Like see the mountains, find a deer, or maybe Bigfoot, or something.”

Wallflower giggled at the last part, “Spike. I’ve seen a lot of things on lots of lonely hikes, but a Bigfoot? Do you really believe in that?”

“Eh, you never know,” Spike shrugged.

“Hey Spike?” A voice called, to which Spike and Wallflower turned around to meet Kiwi Lollipop. “Ready to go?”

“I’m coming,” Spike called back, before he turned to Wallflower Blush. “Well, see ya later, Wallflower.”

“Bye Spike,” Wallflower waved, watching the boy run off.

“Oh Wallflower?” A voice shouted, to which Wallflower turned to see Vignette Valencia looking across the camp. “Where are you?”

“I’m standing next to you!” Wallflower answered.

“Oh? Oh! I didn’t see you there!”

“I was literally next to you, for like ten minutes…”


Later on, the campers were all following Gloriosa Daisy and Timber Spruce as they guided the hiking trip.

Spike was walking side-by-side with Kiwi Lollipop, who was gazing at her surroundings, marveling at the beautiful landscape.

Spike followed her gaze to see the clear blue sky, with the sun shining down on the land. The silhouette of the tall mountains that decorated the horizon, surrounding the camp. A sea of trees that covered the land beneath the hillside the group were hiking on.

“Wow, it’s amazing!” Spike marveled as he snaps a few pictures. “It’s beautiful here. Wouldn’t you agree, Kiwi?”

“Yeah, it’s beautiful,” Kiwi smiled, breathing in the fresh air. “And refreshing! Just what me and Supernova needed.”

“Hmmm. Let me guess?” Spike began, while whispering. “Paparazzi? Excited fans?”

“You don’t know the half of it,” Kiwi rolled her eyes.

No doubt, in Spike’s mind, the life of a pop star is definitely taxing, if not demanding, judging by the way Kiwi Lollipop and Supernova Zap were willing to assume secret identities in order to escape into a summer camp.

But all the same, he can’t help but feel his inner fanboy swelling with excitement at the fact that he was in summer camp with a couple of pop stars.

However, respecting Kiwi and Supernova’s wishes, he kept his excitement under control and promised to treat them like how he would treat his friends and fellow campers. The last thing they needed was to attract several unwanted attention.


The hiking trip went on, until the campers arrived at a clearing in the woods, where a huge outpost was located, offering the campers a splendid view of the landscape.

By then, the sun had climbed at the highest peak in the sky, so that the shadows were short, and the sky was a clearer blue than it was lighter orange in the morning.

“Okay campers!” Timber Spruce announced. “We’re at the halfway point of our hike. So let’s take a break, have a quick snack, or have a look around, before we can resume our hike.”

With that, the campers all went off their separate ways, to find a spot for themselves, but not too far away in order to keep an eye each other.

Spike and Kiwi Lollipop sat down, near a riverbank. Not too far away from them, Spike caught a glimpse of Vignette Valencia taking selfies of herself, for her social media.

Tagging behind her, Wallflower Blush’s deadpan facial expression says it all. She looked as if she was being dragged against her will. She wasn’t enjoying Vignette Valencia’s company. Spike wondered what could’ve been the problem.

He didn’t have time to ponder the thought for long, when he happened to see Kiwi’s co-star, Supernova Zap, leaning against a tree, while a muscular guy she was paired with, was trying to impress her with his flexing muscles.

Supernova, however, didn’t even bother batting an eye. She just shook her head and looked away.

Lastly, there was Juniper Montage, who was making action poses, like that of the heroic adventurer from Rainbow Dash’s favorite book series — Daring Do.

Taking her pictures was a young camper, a boy, who seemed to be around Spike’s age.

Turning his attention back at Kiwi, Spike looked at the girl taking one of her shoes off, wiggling her nail polished toes. Kiwi rubbed her hands across her feet that were aching from all the hiking.

“My feet are killing me,” Kiwi grunted.

“Mine too,” Spike agreed as he sat down beside her. “Applejack warned me that these hillsides can be steep and that we’d be doing a lot of long hikes. But on the bright side, less chances of dinosaurs chasing us.”

Kiwi giggled at the last remark, “Dinosaurs? Really? Where did you get that from? Jurassic Park?”

“Jurassic World,” Spike clarified. “And its spin-off, Camp Cretaceous, and some horror survival dinosaur-themed games.”

“Well, if there are any dinosaurs, then I’d like for it to be a cute one,” Kiwi smiled.

Both Spike and Kiwi kicked back to relax some more, when Spike decided to chew the fat.

“So, Kiwi,” He began in a cautious whisper. “If you don’t mind me asking, what are two sensational pop stars like you and Zap doing here? I can understand needing some R&R now and then. But, why here? I thought celebrities like you would prefer going to the beach or have a private vacation resort, or something.”

“Not all celebrities have that sort of luxury, Spike,” Kiwi explained. “And well, me and Zap…we’re more…how do you say? Down to earth?”

“Really?”

“Yes, really. Don’t get me wrong, we love singing, and singing is our life. And we enjoy performing for our fans. But the pressure of it all takes a toll on our friendship.”

Spike watches as Kiwi lets down her guard and lets her vulnerability show, revealing that at the end of the day, celebrities like her are people like him.

“Me and Supernova, we’re best friends since Kindergarten, if you can believe it. But ever since we became pop star celebrities, we barely had time for ourselves. We’ve lost touch with our other friends, we’ve hardly had time to visit our families, and…we’ve never felt…happy.”

“I see,” Spike cringed, worried that a similar event could affect his sister Twilight and her friends, in their future as the Rainbooms.

“So me and Zap, we devised a plan to get away from all that stardom and stuff,” Kiwi continued. “I found a pamphlet talking about this place. Then, me and Zap put on our disguises, went by our real names, instead of our stage names, and here we are.”

“Wow!” Spike marveled. “I knew you girls are hot and have a nice set of pipes and all. But who knew you could be so coordinate and be a brilliant masterminds!”

Kiwi giggles at the compliment, “Well, I…I wouldn’t say brilliant. But yes, we’ve given this a lot of thoughts.”

“So, on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate Camp Everfree?”

“Um, the vacation is still young, so it’s still too early for me to give an accurate rating. But so far, I’m liking it.”

“Me too! Twilight and her friends were right about this place. It’s got that magical feel to it that’s out of this world…”

Kiwi nodded in agreement, when Timber Spruce was heard shouting, “Alright campers! Let’s move out!”

And so, Spike and Kiwi picked up their bags and were back on the trail with their fellow campers.


“And on your left, you will find the entrance to a geode cavern,” Timber Spruce pointed. “Currently closed for an unspecified amount of time.”

“But we hope to get it re-open again, just in time for all you campers before you head home!” Gloriosa Daisy said all so sudden.

“Question: Why was it closed?” One of the campers asked.

“Uh, there was a cave-in,” Gloriosa sighed. “Thankfully, no one got hurt. But it’s been closed for the safety of our visitors and the public.”

“That and we’d rather not get involved in a lawsuit,” Timber added, which Gloriosa elbowed in his guts.

“Anyway, let’s continue!” Gloriosa beckoned. “There are lots of other wonderful stuffs to show you!”

The group continued on their way, while Spike and Kiwi were the last one to follow.

“Aw, man, I was looking forward to seeing the cave,” Spike frowned in disappointment. “Rarity told me that it was beautiful in there! Very photogenic and a good place to take a selfie!”

“I know. I was so looking forward to it,” Kiwi Lollipop bellyache. “I’ve read that it’s practically the crown jewel of Camp Everfree!”

“Still, I wonder what could’ve caused the cave to collapse in on itself?” Spike wondered.

“Who cares?” Kiwi sighed, as she walks away to rejoin the group. “Let’s just go…”

Spike gave the cave one last look before he followed suit.


By the end of the hike, the sun was setting. The sky was painted orange, and everyone had arrived back to camp.

“Well, we hope you all enjoyed our hike today!” Gloriosa smiled. “I understand so many of you were looking forward to the cave, but hopefully, the other landmarks and beautiful natural environments you’ve seen makes up for it?”

The campers all exchanged random agreements in response.

“Anyway, dinner at the Mess Hall will be ready in twenty,” Timber Spruce announced. “So let’s all get ourselves washed up for dinner.”

With that, every campers all went their separate ways. Kiwi was on her way back to hers and Supernova’s tent, when Spike stopped her.

“Hey, Kiwi?” Spike began. “I just wanted to let you know I had a great time today. And I’m not just saying that because you’re a pop star, or anything.”

“Aw, thanks Spike,” Kiwi smiled. “It was nice knowing you too.”

Spike shifted nervously as he got out his phone, “I…I was wondering, if it’s okay…can I take a selfie with you? As a friend. I promised Twilight I’d send her some photos, and I wanted to show her I’ve been making lots of new friends so far.”

“Well, I’ve taken lots of photos with fans,” Kiwi smiled. “But for a friend, that’s a different story. I’m in!”

With that, Spike got out his phone as both he and Kiwi got into positions and posed together. Then, with a click of the button, Spike captured his selfie to send back to his friends and family at home.

Author's Note:

I had forgotten about this Spike harem story.

It was published as my emotional outlet for the summertime.

Man I’m such a mess…

  1. Kiwi Lollipop: archery, zip-lining, campfire, canoeing, canoeing, hiking, talent show, hiking
  2. Supernova Zap: campfire, hiking, zip-lining, archery, campfire, zip-lining, canoeing, hiking, archery
  3. Juniper Montage: talent show, canoeing, archery, campfire, hiking, archery, campfire, archery, zip-lining
  4. Wallflower Blush: zip-lining, archery, hiking, hiking, talent show, talent show, talent show, zip-lining, campfire
  5. Gloriosa Daisy: hiking, talent show, talent show, canoeing, zip-lining, hiking, archery, campfire, talent show
  6. Vignette Valencia: canoeing, campfire, canoeing, talent show, archery, campfire, zip-lining, canoeing, canoeing

Results:

  1. Kiwi Lollipop: hiking
  2. Supernova Zap: zip-lining
  3. Juniper Montage: Archery
  4. Wallflower Blush: Talent Show
  5. Gloriosa Daisy: campfire
  6. Vignette Valencia: canoeing
Comments ( 3 )

I thought it was neat. Spike and Kiwi are closer than ever. And he learned the pop star life isn't entirely a dream come true. I look forward to seeing more of this when you can get to it

Nice to see this continue!

Nice chapter.

Login or register to comment