• Published 20th Jan 2021
  • 3,127 Views, 8 Comments

Luna and the joke gift - Zubric



Luna gets a rather amusing prank gift from Celestia for her birthday.

  • ...
11
 8
 3,127

I Look Ridiculous

Princess Luna’s first birthday after her return had been a blast for the royal mare. Twilight and her new group of friends had been there along with a few family members. Luna was very glad to spend the day with her sister laughing and bonding as any siblings should.

Luna took slow slips of the sugary punch taking in the happy scene around her. “Thank you sister for this,” she said nuzzling into her sister.

“You’re welcome Luna, and look Rarity has a gift,” Celestia said, watching as the elegant white mare trotted over with a sparkly wrapped box.

“Princess Luna, I know it’s a bit early to open gifts, but I think this one is very fitting.” Rarity said setting the box down.

Luna ripped the colourful paper off sliding the top off as she lifted out her gift. The light blue dress shimmered in the light. As she admired it. A snow-white trim ran down the shoulders and along the hem similar to streams of moonlight. Luna’s smile widened as she pulled the dress on swishing it side to side once properly in place. “I didn’t know you had my measurements.”

Rarity rolled her hoof. “Oh, I just have a natural talent for such things.”

“Well thank you Rarity it’s lovely,” Luna said, giving a short bow. As the mare left the toe alone once more, she looked towards her elder sister. “Now I’m curious to see what you got me, sister.”

Celestia’s smile seemed bigger than normal as she spoke. “You’ll love them. I even left one special one in your room for after the party.”

“Well, then I shall be in eager anticipation!” Luna declared before skipping along to join in on the party games started up by none other than Pinkie Pie.


The party finished up later that evening as Luna entered her bedroom carefully removing the party dress that Rarity had made for her and hanging it up. With a skip in her step, she practically pranced over to her bed spotting the wrapped present upon it. The sun emblem made it clear who it was from. “Oh, this must be the surprise gift? How wonderful.” Her mind was abuzz trying to guess what the gift could be. After all, Celestia did have a long time to think of gifts. Perhaps it was one of those new novels she’d heard about.

Taking a moment to admire the wrapping paper, Luna grabbed a corner and began to rip it open, reminded of Heart Warming Eve from long ago during similar times. Lifting out the first garment, she was met with a curious sight. “Is this ...a bonnet?” She turned the bright yellow bonnet in her hoof seeing the red frills along the edges and matching red ribbon to tie it with. Were bonnets still a fashion trend? To her limited time she’d be out and about she’d never seen ponies wearing such old attire. Wanting to know more, she set the bonnet down and lifted out the next item. The long dress lacked any sleeves with the bottom had some sort of hatch with three red buttons. Its fabric was also the same shade of yellow as the bonnet. “What a curious article of clothing.” As she laid it next to the bonnet, s strange curiosity tingled at the back of her mind like a constant prodding hoof.

The last item on the bottom of the box was some sort of fluffy square. Bringing it out into the light, she pressed her hoof into it tilting her head as she unfolded it to look at it fully. It took her a moment to recognize it. “Huh, is this a foals diaper but bigger?” Putting it next to the other items gave her some perspective on what these items were. Scratching her head, she poked at the diaper. “I wonder why my sister got me these? Did she want me to try them on?” The thought made her let out a short laugh at the ridiculous thought as she kept staring at them. She didn’t have a reason to do that, yet the idea lingered the longer she took in the details of the attire.

Her thoughts wandered recalling back to when her sister had her help open a daycare as one of her first public appearances after her return. Little ones were always eager to see her. Why wouldn’t they be, she was the defender of their dreams. During her visit, she’d seen many of the small fillies in cute dresses, many of which were still in diapers. An hour had been spent playing along with the foals hearing their joyful laughter. The more she remembers that event, the more the thought of trying it on wasn’t so odd.

She shook her head as she laid on the bed. “I’ll just make sure my sister doesn’t see me in this stuff.” She muttered, even planning to deny it if her sister ever asked about it. Being unfamiliar with such a garment, it took a solid minute for her to find which side was up. A soft curious hmm escaped her lips as her rear sank into the plastic compressing around her. Steadily lifting the landing zone over her barrel, she spent another moment to get the tail into the hole grumbling as she struggled to do so with her constantly flowing tail. After what felt like ages, the princess finally pulled the tail all the way through and slowly brought it up the front feeling it hugging her more as she laid it flat. Rather comically, Luna stuck out her tongue as she pulled the tabs up into place making sure it was just right. The last thing she took note of was that the landing zone had a half crescent moon on it.

As Luna sat up, the padding rustled, keeping a hold of her bottom as she stood up. The onesie was easy enough with the hatch hiding most of the diaper other than the edges. She wiggles a bit before securing the bib and bonnet in place. Once all done, she waddled over to her large mirror and sat down staring at her reflection. The room was silent as Luna peered into her reflection taking in the look of an overgrown foal. At first, her face started as a blush, then working its way into a smirk. A snicker worked its way up from her belly soon turning into a full-blown laugh at the realization of what she has done.


Celestia happily skipped along towards Luna’s room, a small cake floating in her magic with the words Happy Birthday written on it in blue icing. The smile on her face couldn’t possibly get any bigger as she thought of the gift she’d given. Surely her sister would have a nice laugh at it. Her ears perk as she hears the exact laughter she was expecting as she approached the door. Figuring there was no harm, she entered the room letting out a cheerful greeting as she closed the door. “Surprise!” She paused as she spotted Luna in the attire. While it was true that she’d cast a little magic upon the items, she had assumed that her sister would simply shrug it off.

Luna's face reddened as she turned away from the mirror looking at Celestia, her muzzle scrubbing as her expression swapped from embarrassed to mad and back to a smile all in the span of a few seconds. “You put an enchant on this didn’t you?”

“Oh, just a tiny one to nudge you. I see it worked too.” Celestia said with a light snicker putting her hoof up to her mouth to try and stifle it.

Luna rolled her eyes shifting from side to side. “Oh haha, do you really see me as just your baby sister?”

Celestia set the cake down on the nearby table before poking the padding. “Well you did have a pretty big tantrum,” she teased as Luna’s blush returned.

“Oh stop, I was going to take it off,” Luna laughed, giving her sister a light push. She knew Celestia loved pranks and this one was rather silly and harmless. Some part of her did find the attire sort of comfy but there was no way she would be caught dead wearing it again.

Within moments, the room was filled with both sisters laughing at the situation, two sisters just having harmless jabs at each other. As their laughter came to an end, Celestia cooed. “So, can I take a photo of your adorable self?”

In a split second, Luna's expression fell from a smile to a narrow glare as she replied with a neutral tone. “Haha, no.”

Author's Note:

Yeah, not much here but hope you enjoyed it anyway.

Comments ( 8 )

This was nice and enjoyable for what it was. :rainbowkiss:

A cute & enjoyable story. :pinkiesad2:

Man what a fun little story, it's a good pick me up really.

10640361
Thanks glad you enjoyed

You should do a version with Celestia from one of EvilFrenzy's arts from Deviantart.

Comment posted by Pikmac76 deleted Sep 24th, 2023
Login or register to comment