• Published 4th Jan 2021
  • 3,655 Views, 968 Comments

Era of Harmony - Gambling_Sam



3 brothers find themselves in equestria, fate takes over from there.

  • ...
16
 968
 3,655

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 9: Reunited at last?

*Ronin POV*

I was in the room they had given me after the meeting with chrysalis yesterday. It was a decent spread, it had a simple bed in the corner, with what looked like a place to hang my sword next to it. What struck me as odd was that there was an armour stand in the middle of the room. I didn't have any armour myself, so that had to mean....

But my thoughts were interrupted as Monsoon came into the room with some ring floating next to him.

"For the mission tonight, your going to need this, since you don't have any powers." He said as he levitated the ring to me. I grabbed it and looked at it carefully. It was solid white, but had the queens crown as a symbol on the front of it.

"What's this going to do?" I asked as Monsoon was floating around the room. He stopped at the armour stand and turned to me.

"Put that ring on, and you will see." He said, grinning strongly at me. I rolled my eyes and slipped it on my right pointer finger.

Nothing.

I was about to tell him off when I noticed the ring glowing. Then, out of nowhere, green flames erupted on my body. I wanted to yell, but the flames didn't hurt, even though they were dancing on my skin. I started to notice a layer of black slowly encasing me. It went around my whole body, even up to my head. But when it got to my eyes, a visor appeared instead. When the transformation stopped, I looked into a mirror that was resting against a wall.

The ring had created a suit of armour around me. It was mostly black, but had white flames surrounding the chestplate. The knees and elbow parts had small spikes sticking out. And the helmet looked more like one a knight would wear, except the visor was made of a glass like substance that surrounded only my eyes. The visor itself was designed to look like changeling eyes, these ones being pure white. The only thing not covered was my mouth.

I turned to Monsoon with a grin. "How did you manage this?" I asked as he took in his creation.

"Well, in the fight with Tremor yesterday, you spilt some blood due to the rush attack he did. So, I took a sample and had this exo-suit made from a mix of your dna and our changeling venom." He stated as I looked at him, slack-jawed. So he had made some kind of power suit that only worked for me? Sweet!

"Damn, that's cool." I said as I flexed in the mirror. He rilled his eyes and laughed, but then he got serious.

"There is one thing I should mention. That ring demands loyalty from the wearer and is linked to my mind. If at any reason you decide to not engage the enemy during any circumstance, you will immediately be crushed by the armour. Consider this a test from the queen to see if you are TRULY loyal to us." He said as I gulped, but nodded. His demeanor went back to normal straight after.

"Well, we should get ready to go, it should be dark out now. The perfect time for a break-out." Monsoon said, smiling wickedly. I couldn't help but feel worried about the whole thing, but pushed down the feeling nonetheless.

***********
Raiden POV
***********

Well, today sucks.

I was supposed to be on break for a week so I could go see Nicholas, but apparently the changeling from the day before had told the guard it would only talk to me. So instead of taking the night train to ponyville (dumb name, by the way) I was walking towards the dungeon with Shining Armour.

As we arrived at the door holding the prisoner, Shining turned to me.

"Let me do most of the talking. We have got to find out why he was stealing that necklace, and if there will be more attacks in the future." He said as I nodded. The last thing I wanted to do was talk to the damned thing.

We walked into the cell and Shining closed the door. There was a table in the middle of the room and the changeling was sitting at a stool next to it. Armour and I took a seat at the table, with the notice of how the changeling's eyes never left mine.

Shining cleared his throat. "Now, I brought Raiden. So talk!" He said as he glared at the changeling. The thing wasn't fazed though, and smiled before opening its mouth

"How long do you think you can hold me here?" It said as it leaned back and stretched, back popping while doing so.

Shining didnt let up. "We will keep you here until you answer my questions, so, why did you steal the necklace?" He huffed in anger. I honestly felt bad for the guy. Neither of us wanted to be doing this now. I had a brother to see (and another to find) and Shining had a wedding to plan. Yet here we are, playing good cop bad cop with a bug thing.

The changeling laughed loudly. "Hehehe, I shall only say one thing, and it will directed to the human here." Shinings eyes went wide as the thing smirked. "Oh yes, I know what he is, I'm connected to the hive after all, and from the chatter going on lets just say your not the only one who has a human working for royalty." He grinned as my jaw dropped.

CRASH!!!!

I jumped as a large lightning strike hit outside the castle. Shining looked up in confusion.

"hmm, thats odd." he said. "There's no storm forcasted for today." I turned bacl to the changeling.

"What do you know of my brother?" I asked him as he simply smiled and looked me in the eyes.

"Hehehehe, it doesn't matter. You'll see each other soon enough." He cackled as a guard rushed into the room.

"Captain, you need to see this. There's this changeling in the courtyard demanding to see the human." He said as he looked at me. Shinings stood up.

"What are we waiting for, lets go!" We ran towards the courtyard after locking the door. As we ran, though, the changelings words echoed through my mind

you'll see each other soon enough.

What did he mean by that? We stopped as we approached the courtyard.

There was a changeling out there, but it was different. It was standing on its hind legs, and it had hands instead of hooves. Instead of just plain black, its skin-like exterior had white flames around the chest and leg parts. The thing had white eyes and weirdly enough, no horn or wings.

Shining, along with several guards, approached it, unfazed by the pouring rain.

"What are you?" He asked. "And why do you want the human?" The thing took a step forward, undeterred by the guards around him.

It spoke in a dark voice. "Step out of the way, pony scum. I'm not here to draw blood. I'm here...." it reached for its head and slowly pulled it off! "For my brother."

It was a helmet, and when it took it off, Ronin was underneath.

Wait? RONIN!?

"Brother!" I yelled as I pushed through the guards and Shining to pull him into a hug. He returned it and we stayed there for a bit. I looked at him in the face, noticing his smile. "Where the hell have you been?"

The smile was gone in an instant. "I was with a species these ponies have shunned. They are called changelings, brother, and they need our help." I gave him an incredulous look.

"What? changelings are the bad guys here! One broke in and stole a necklace from the princess, for goodness sake." I said as he groaned and face-palmed.

"That changeling did that as an act of rebellion against a princess who's nothing but a lying, conniving Shit-eater." The guards surrounding us gasped and drew weapons and charged their horns.

"How dare he talk about the princess like that?" One yelled.

"He deserves to die, siding with the changelings like that!" Another called out.

This was getting out of hand, really really fast.

CRASH!!!

The storm was picking up. Didn't Shining say that no storm was supposed to happen today?

My brother shook his head. "Raiden, do you really side with these ponies?" he asked. I nodded and replied.

"These ponies have been nothing but kind and helpful since I've arrived. Yes, some of them don't trust me, but thats to be expected of when some alien drops on your doorstep. The only thing I've seen a changeling do is break their laws." I finished as some guards cheered.

He closed his eyes for a second. Am I getting through to him? I thought. after a bit, he opened them and replied.

"So, there's no way to change your mind?" he asked. I shook my head. he sighed.

"Then forgive me, Brother." He said as he kicked me in the stomach, HARD.

Now, we had sparred togethor before, but this was new. Either he had harnessed some new power while gone, or that suit was helping him, but that kick was waaay stronger than before. It sent me flying into a wall.

"Seize him!!!!" Shining yelled as his troops rushed Ronin.

Ronin laughed and drew his sword. he rushed forward just as a pegasus dive-bombed him. Using the wet ground as lubricant, he slid underneath the pony and sliced its left wing off. the guard screamed and crashed into a wall.

Several earth pony guards surrounded Ronin and drew swords and spears. He laughed and placed his helmet back on. "Lets even this out." He growled in that dark voice again and threw his sword straight up into the air, causing it to fly out of sight.

One guard swung at him with his sword, just to have Ronin duck under and deliver a nasty spinkick to the side of his face, causing the guard to slam into two others. One with a spear jabbed forward, but Ronin caught the spear by the pole part and snapped in two, using the pole part he got from it to deflect another sword and knock another pony out.

Shining ran up to me. "You need to go, I'll handle your brother." He turned as I got up.

"Please, just, don't kill him unless you absolutely have to." I said weakly as a scream let out from behind us. We turned to see Ronin holding the last guard standing by her horn.

"Please, no!" He begged, tears running down her face. Ronin tilted his head back and laughed. He looked him dead in the eye.

"Ya know, for a species blessed with magic and flying, y'all are a bunch of weak crybabies." He said as he snapped his horn off. He shrieked in pain before landing on the ground. Ronin turned towards us and did a slit throat motion towards Shining.

Shining glared at him. "Raiden, I think we're way past non-lethal force." He growled as he walked towards Ronin, horn shining. Quick as a gun. the horn shot a blast at Ronin. I closed my eyes, waiting for the scream of pain from him.

It never came...

The shot had deflected off him and hit a wall nearby. Ronin smiled and walked towards the captain.

"Is that all the fated prince-to-be can do?" He laughed as Shining rushed forward, causing him to rush as well.

CLANG!

Ronin sword met with one Shining summoned and caused them to get knocked back several feet. They recovered quickly and rushed Again.

CLANG! CRASH!

Mixed with the intense storm surrounding them, the fight almost looked like a movie. With each matching each others advances with parries and counters. Both had been scraped slightly by each others swords, after a while, both landed on the ground in a exhausted heap.

"Huff...Puff.....Not bad." Ronin said as the storm suddenly stopped. Like, it literally disappeared! No clouds were even in the sky. A flash of golden light to my left, and the princess was here.

"Celestia!" I said when she saw me. Her gaze became worried as she healed my ribs.

"What happened to you? she asked. I nodded towards the two in the center of the courtyard.

"My brother." I said shallowly as her gaze became narrow. she turned and walked out to the 2 guys just as Ronin was getting up.

"Ahhh, so your the princess who's been charming my brother." He said venomously. She didn't seem fazed and responded.

"And your the brother we couldn't find." She said as she took in the damage. there were about 12 guards lying either dead or knocked out around her. She looked up in a rage. "Why did you kill them!" She yelled out.

Ronin, suprising all of us, laughed. he kept going for a bit, while Celestia slowly got more angry. He finally stopped and looked her dead in the eyes.

"Because its what you deserve." He growled as a green flame started to surround him "Heh, looks like my ride's here. We shall meet again, princess." He said as he was engulfed. After it disappeared, there was nothing left where he was standing.

The princess turned and walked towards me as Shining recovered from his exhaustion. She stopped amd looked me in the eye.

"Raiden, as much as I hate to say this, when your brother is caught, he will have to pay for the crimes he committed here." She said as put my head into my hands.

"Ronin, what the hell have you done?" I said as a guard came running outside.

"Your majesty! The changeling prisoner has escaped!" He got out between breaths as Shining cursed under his breath.

"Damn!" he growled. "All of this was a diversion, just so the changeling could escape!" He said as Celestia shook her head.

"He would've needed help, I figured that storm wasn't natural. the question is, who made it?" She said as we slowly made our way into the castle.

*******
Ronin POV
*******

After the flames died down, I found myself in the throne room. Monsoon, Volt, Chrysalis, and some other changeling was there as well.

Monsoon floated towards me. "Well done, my friend. I saw the whole thing as I was rescuing our spy here." he nodded towards the changeling, who kneeled at my feet.

"I owe you my life, Thanatos." He said as I raised a brow in confusion.

Volt cut in. "Iiiiiiiit meeeeeaaans reeeeapeeer iiiin ouuuurr laaanguaaage." He gleefully growled. "A weeeell deserved title toooooo!"

Chrysalis walked up, flashing a fangy grin. "Now that you have proven your self, it is time." Monsoon and the others left immediately. I gave her a confused look.

"Time for what?" I asked.

She looked me in the eyes. "You have proven to be loyal to us, going as far as to draw blood for our cause. So I am giving you the choice to become a halfing. You will still retain your human form, but you will have our powers amd skills. But it is your decision." She stated as I thought about it.

If I accepted this, I would never be the same. Going to earth would be out of the picture, and I would be fully embracing this life. If I don't, I could easily still help them, but what if I come across that princess again. I could tell she was strong, and even a power suit wont help me against her. Besides, Raiden made his choice to help the ponies, so why shouldn't I have the same freedom. Mot to mention how cool it would be to have some powers.

I looked at her and kneeled. "I accept this honor, your majesty."

She looked at me and stepped closer. "You have a choice now, either become one of us the normal way through painful transformation, or change through....personal exhange of venom." She said that last part with a odd tone.

"I'd rather it not hurt, so what's the other way?" I said as she looked slightly embarrassed.

"You would have to choose a changeling female and have them bite you on the neck, then if you wish to finish it, you must use the venom coursing through you and bite her on her neck in return. It will bond you to that changeling and give you some of her powers." She finished as I stood still.

"So, to become a halfling, I have to pretty much get kinky with a changeling." I deadpanned as Chrysalis blushed slightly at the choice of words.

"Yes, but don't say it like that! Now, I shall bring several females from each battalion for you to choose from, and you can easily pick which one to bond with." She didn't notice I had slowly walked up to her, as she had turned mid-talk.

"I think I know who I wish to bond with." I said as I stopped behind her. She turned and found herself face to face with me. For a moment, she looked confused, then realization dawned on her face.

"You can't be serious!?" She yelled. "You can't bond with a queen! that's never even been heard o-MMMPH!" She was cut off as I grabbed her horn and pulled her into a kiss. It wasnt a crazy one or anything like that, but it sent the message.

For a second, she tried to pull away. But then she suprised me by pushing me onto the ground. After a second we broke apart, panting for breath. She glared at me.

"How dare you kiss me like that!" She growled deeply before kissing me again. "I am a queen and you will not treat me like thaaaat!" She yelped the last bit as I picked her up and slammed her into her throne with another kiss, this one way more passionate. I pulled back and looked into her mesmerizing green eyes.

"I will do whatever the hell I want." I growled as she slowly started to smile. "And right now, I want you to bite my fucking neck!" I roared the last part as she greedily sank her fangs into my neck. I let out a groan as I nipped hers with my own teeth. I soon felt myself get pulled into the air by magic as I was surrounded by a green glow.

"Come, we must finish your punishment in private!" She growled as she led me into her chambers and slammed the door shut.

*********
Nicholas POV
*********

I had woken up to the sound of talking downstairs, so I walked downstairs to find Twilight and Fluttershy sitting with a really big pony with wings and a horn. she was white as snow with flowing hair. I then noticed who was sitting next to her.

"RAIDEN!!" I yelled as I ran up and bear hugged my brother. He smiled down at me and ruffled my hair.

"Heya, nikky." He said, calling me that same old nickname again. It felt so good to see him. I looked up at him.

"Now we can go find Ronin!" I said happily. I then noticed the mood in the room plummet. Raiden looked at me with an upset expression.

"Little bro, we have a LOT to talk about."

Author's Note:

Welp, there we go. The brothers are (partially) reunited at last. but with one of their own on the wrong side, what will become of their family bonds? We shall soon see, my fic-crazy ponies!

and never forget: LOVE AND TOLERATE!

PreviousChapters Next