• Published 4th Jan 2021
  • 3,661 Views, 968 Comments

Era of Harmony - Gambling_Sam



3 brothers find themselves in equestria, fate takes over from there.

  • ...
16
 968
 3,661

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13: Family matters pt.3

*Nicholas POV"

We walked into the library to find almost no one there except Raiden, who immediately looked up from the book he was reading to greet me.

"Hey, Nick. Where did you go earlier? Twilight and the others left for the wedding already and..." He trailed off as he looked to Ronin and Tak. He shot up quickly and stomped straight up to Ronin, inches from his face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He growled. Ronin simply smirked at him.

"We have a lot to talk about, bro." Ronin said as he motioned for all of us to sit down.

**********
Raiden POV
**********

When your fugitive brother comes waltzing into the library your currently staying at, positive emotions tend to disappear quickly. Especially when said brother is a cocky pain in the ass at times. This time, however, he had good reason to be talking to me.

"Let me get this straight." I started, barely believing what they had told me. "Your telling me that the wedding is rigged by your boss, who is also your bed buddy. But the rigged part is being doubly rigged by these lieutenants who want to off both royal families?" I finished as Ronin put his head into his hands in a tired expression. He had spent an hour or two explaining what was going on, not only had some icy changeling try to kill one of us, but had tried to kill the other kids as well. Whatever bro issues we were currently having were going to have to go on hold, because this means both our people were in danger.

"But ya said our sistahs went to the weddin' already. How are we gonna get there in time?" Applebloom said, but I smiled.

"You see, you three girls are supposed to be the flower fillies there. So Twilight cast a spell in that door y'all came through. If we walk through it after saying 'canterlot' we will appear at the castle. From there we can do what we do best." I said that last part while looking at Ronin, who suddenly started grinning like a demon.

"And what would that be?" Tak said as he eyed us. Nicholas simply face-palmed.

"These two idiots are LEGENDARY at crashing parties and get togethers with their pranks." He sighed as The girls giggled at that. Tak rolled his eyes and Ronin snorted as he stood up. His eyes caught on a vial in my hand.

"What the hell is that?" He asked me as I pocketed the vial.

"It was supposed to give us an edge against you, but now we might need it against whatever is coming." I said as we walked towards the door. The girls walked straight up to it. with a smile on their face, they took a deep breath.

"CUTIE MARK WORLD SAVERS!!!!" They yelled as Ronin rolled his eyes, Nicholas laughed, and I simply stared on with a smile. After saying the word necessary to activate the spell on the door, we walked through.

*********
Canterlot castle
*********

Chrysalis sat in front a mirror, staring at the mess of a mane that irritating mare had created. And she calls herself a designer of fashion! She sneered to herself as she magically fixed her hair to what it was like before. Of course, she had to angle it like that idiotic Cadenza's hair to keep suspicion from arising. Staring at the pink pony in the mirror facing her, she snarled.

"Can't believe I have to look like this! Ugh, what a queen does for conquest!" She said to herself as the door behind her opened. A butler came in quickly and shut the door behind him. After a flash of grey light, A changeling with no legs floated where the butler once was.

"Ah, Monsoon. how do things fare with the plans?" Chrysalis asked. Monsoon smiled and responded.

"No one suspects a thing, except for that purple pony, but didn't you already handle that, my queen?" he said quickly. Chrysalis turned to him and laughed.

"Of course, that pestilent unicorn is out of the picture now. Nopony could escape those crystal caves below. Now, have you heard from our ponyville unit?" At this, Monsoon frowned.

"No, your majesty, they seem to have gone silent in the hive mind. I do feel a new presence though. Would that be our resident human?" he said as Chrysalis smiled.

"Ah yes, Ronin has became a part of the mind. You know, he took me as his hivemate." Monsoon's eyes bugged put of his head in suprise.

"He did!? Why did he choose you? N-Not that theres anything wrong with that." He stammered out quickly. Chrysalis frowned and answered.

"I honestly don't really know why he cares about me so much. That night, I fed on a love from him I had never felt directed at me before. I guess he couldn't resist his queen." She said the last part with pride. she then turned back to the mirror. "Why do you ask though, his connection has just started, so you shouldn't be able to feel it long distance." Monsoon gulped a tad.

"Well, that may be because the presence is here in the castle." He said as Chrysalis stopped in her tracks, brush in the middle of her hair.

"What is he doing here?" She asked him. Monsoon just shook his head.

"No idea, my queen. But I can sense a great deal of worry from him. Something tells me something may go wrong today, and he knows it." Monsoon said as Chrysalis mulled it over.

"Well then, go assist him in any means necessary. If he is here, then something went wrong with the ponyville unit." She ordered. Monsoon saluted and flew off. Chrysalis sighed and turned towards the window.

What could cause someone like Ronin to be afraid? She thought to herself as she looked to the pink barrier surrounded the castle. She didn't notice that Monsoon had put a necklace on as he floated out with a malicious grin on his face.

***********
Nicholas POV
***********

After we walked through the door, we found ourselves in the middle of a fancy hallway. The girls and Tak looked around in awe while both Raiden and Ronin simply started planning.

"Now, we need to find Celestia and alert her of the issue." Raiden said, but Ronin shook his head.

"We are NOT interfering with the wedding, we are here to stop the lieutenants. Dont get sidetracked." He said while getting closer to Raiden. They looked ready to fight before the doors leading outside swung open. We turned to the ponies who came running in.

"Twilight! Cadence! what happened to y'all?" Raiden said as they stopped by us.

"Raiden, I'm glad your alright. An imposter pretending to be cadence is trying to marry my brother! we need to go to the throne room and..." She trailed off as she saw Ronin. Her eyes went wide and she took a step back. "W-whats he doing here?" She asked as Cadence stepped forward to Ronin, staring him down the whole time.

"Are you the one who fought my shining last week?" She asked as Ronin smiled and shrugged.

"That unicorn that could ACTUALLY defend himself? Yeah, that was me." He said with bravado. She frowned at that, but Nicholas stepped in.

"Guys, this is no time for fighting, we have to make it to the throne room." Nick paused and looked at Twilight. "Twilight, could this mare activate the vial in Raidens pocket?" Twilights eyes lit up as she turned to Cadence.

"That's right! We're probably going to need that upgrade for Raiden. Cadence, could you use your migic on that vial?" She said as she points to a vial that Raiden pulls out of his pocket. Cadence nods, though she looks confused.

"Ok, but what does that do?" She says as she sends a small beam of pinkish light at the vial. After getting enveloped by it, the vial turns orange. Twilight turns to Raiden

"Now all you have to do is drink up!" She says as Raiden gulps.

"Oh well, down the hatch." Raiden mumbles as he drinks the thing. Ronin leans in towards me.

"What was in that?" He asked with a confused stare. I smile and turn to him.

"Dragoon blood." I say as a look of disgust appears on his face. Before he can say more, a bright white light surrounds Raiden.

"Whoa.." Ronin says, voicing everyone's emotion right now.

After the light dimmed, Raiden had on this cool armour! It looked like orange dragon scales with what looked like yellow lightning following the lines in the armour. Although he had no helmet, he had a neck guard that had an extension that covered the mouth as well, With a small hole on front of the mouth that looked like a mini flamethrower.

Raiden looked at himself and laughed. "This is incredible! I feel so powerful!" Cadence and Twilight looked on in shock.

"It worked! but I never thought it'd work that well." Twilight said as a loud BOOM could be heard from outside. Ronin ran to a window and looked outside.

"Hey, Cadence. you remember that shield your lover boy set up?" He said as he turned to her. she nods slightly.

"Well, a changeling named Tremor just shattered it in one punch, and he's coming straight here." He says with an edge in his voice. Cadence walks up to him.

"Who is Tremor? and why do you sound unhappy that he's coming?" She asked as Tak spoke up.

"Tremor is a behemoth of a changeling that stands taller than Celestia. He can take on anyone with ease! if he's coming, we are screw-..." He gets cut off as Tremor crashes through a window and lands in front of us. He turns and stares straight at Ronin as his face contorts with rage.

"YOOOOOOUUU!" He roars. "You are the one who killed my hivemate, and now I'm going to kill you in return." He growled as I stepped foward.

"What are the lieutenants planning? and why here of all places?" I ask him as he laughs.

"Such a young one, yet the first to approach me! You would make a fine comrade if you weren't a ponyhugger. But since you have balls to step to me, I will tell you about the plan. You won't be alive to make a difference, anyway!" He tilts his head back, laughing the whole time. He turns to the window.

"We have started our revolt on this castle with the sheilds fall. With the queen taken care of and the princess and her elements captured already, we have already won!" He says as Twilight and Ronin both get angry frowns.

"What you do with Chrysalis?" Ronin yells. Tremor turns to him and laughs.

"That would be Monsoon's department. He trapped her in the mind of that captain. As long as he stays under the spells effects, she shall NEVER be free." Noticing Twilights glare, he continues. "The princess has been put in the highest tower, and the other bearers are cacooned in the throne room." He finishes with a yawn. Raiden steps foward.

"Alright, to save the kingdom, we are going to have to split up. Twilight, Cadence, Nick and the others, I need you to go and free the elements. Without them, this'll be a MUCH harder fight." Twilight nods as they run towards the throne room. "Ronin, go save the princess." he frowns at that.

"Do I LOOK like a plumber?" He complains, but he turns and teleports away, leaving just Raiden and Tremor.

"You are a honorable soldier, fighting me alone. Dumb, but honorable." Tremor remarks. He takes a stel forward and starts to glow. A magma-like armour appears around him. "I can sense the magic coming from that armour, from you. Lets see you use it!" He roars as he rushes Raiden.

**************
Raiden POV
**************

https://m.

I puts up his hands to block the attack as two yellow axes formed in my hands. Tremor hit them and bounced off them with a shock. He looks at them carefully before summoning his own weapon with magic. It looks like a sword, but has a curved edge to it.

"Time you died, boy." He growls as he rushes again, swinging his blade towards me from the right. I swing one axe to block and swing foward with the other. He simply summons another sword and starts hacking away. Loud crashes and clangs ring out as our blades connect.

He jumps back and fires a large fireball at me from his mouth. I jump to the left to dodge, but he meets me there and delivers a stomach blow with his fist. I drop the axes in pain before getting hit into a wall by a second punch. He starts laughing before slowly inhaling.

Crap, he's going to breathe fire!" I thought, but soon realized I could barely get up. Then, I had an idea. I started to inhale deeply too. Tremor looked confused but kept going.

We both reached maximum oxygen capacity quickly and released it all. A red flame came from Tremor, and a white flame from me. The two fires collided sharply as they crackled against each other before sputtering out in a mutual defeat. Tremor roared and rushed me again, this time I was ready. I felt a jolt go through my hands as I swung them towards Tremor.

A massive bolt of lightning struck him, sending him against the wall, causing his eyelids to droop. I took the chance and grabbed the axes and charged towards him, swinging the axes down hard.

His eyes shot open as he blocked the blow. Yet I pushed harder, adding lighting into the axes. Although he was much bigger than me, he was faltering under the shock. I smiled at him as a look of fear appeared on his face.

"You-You bonded with dragon blood?!" He sputters out as I laugh.

"Hell yeah! Now be a good villain and die!" I roared and cut through the sword and sliced right at his neck.

*SCHLICK!*

His head landed off to the side with a sickening thump. My axes disappeared as I turned towards the head as a orange light appeared, floating upwards.

"Thank you, honorable knight. My name was Tremoring Blade before all of this. I had been fatally injured in combat with changelings before a hooded man gave me a second chance to live. I didn't know, however, that I had sold my soul to tartarus to do so. The man had tricked my friends already, and needed my power. But now you have freed me from his chains. You have my thanks, boy!" it started to fade slowly. "Now go and help those girls, they will need it." It faded away as the body that was left behind turned to harmless embers.

I smiled and made my way towards the throne room, hoping that everyone was doing ok as we slowly began our fight for Canterlot.

No, fight for the World.

Author's Note:

Here we are! forget a canterlot wedding, This is a canterlot war! Seriously though, I've seen TOO many fics keep to the show on this event. It was honestly a good show, but a horrible take over attempt by the queen. So I changed a buttload of things about that fateful day. Now we have a proper takeover! Lets see if they can survive, my fic-crazy ponies! and don't forget:

LOVE AND TOLERATE!!!

PreviousChapters Next