• Published 4th Jan 2021
  • 3,649 Views, 968 Comments

Era of Harmony - Gambling_Sam



3 brothers find themselves in equestria, fate takes over from there.

  • ...
16
 968
 3,649

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11: Family matters pt.1

*Ronin POV*

I woke up with a nasty headache. And I'm not saying the drunken kind, more like the kind that you get after going through an insane blood transfusion/Lucky night with the queen of a shapeshifting bug species. Weirdest thing of it all, I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Now dont get me wrong, it wasn't the easiest conclusion to come to. I mean, she's a whole 'nother species and all that. But honestly, I had never met a woman on earth who flipped my switch like that. Her attitude, the way she carries herself, and the way she hides the fact that, in the end, she cares for her people. So end the end I was able to push past the species barrier (Not giving a damn about what others might think of me) and took the plunge. And now, I find myself in a queen sized bed wondering what happens now.

I yawnes and looked around the room. It was actually pretty normal, considering who was sleeping in it. There was a closet to the side of the room, probably filled with who knows what. cabinets and drawers lined the other wall. And in the middle, the bed.

I yawned and went to move, just to remember who was on top of me. I look at the sleeping queen with a smile. Is this what love feels like? this warm, sappy feeling I have as I stare at her? I went to nudge her awake with my right hand when I got a good look at it.

The hand was completely shelled up by some sort of exoskeleton. Deciding that I needed to see what else was new, I carefully rolled Chrysalis off me and went towards a drawer that had a full body mirror on it, and my jaw dropped at the result.

The suit I had wore before was now a part of my skin, covering the soft interior with a hard exterior. It only seemed to be one certain parts of my body, though. My right shoudler and the arm and hand connected were all black and holed, with the fingertips slightly jagged. The hand could be moved, as well as the arm, so not a problem. My left eye was glowing green, and I noticed that I now had fangs. Looking down, I had black greaves on my legs, once again with holes. I was torn away from the mirror when i heard a yawn from behind me.

"Taking in your new looks, are we?" Chrysalis said as she walked over with a sly smile on her face. I leaned in and kissed her passionately.

"Just getting used to the fact I just slept with a queen." I said as she chuckled lightly.

"Indeed, last night was unlike anything I have ever felt before, and I am a particularly picky queen when it comes to my mates." She said as I massaged her head with my free hand, the other holding her close. She let out a soft purr as I scratched around the horn.

"So, what happens now?" I ask her as she looks to me with a bored expression.

"You begin the path of being my consort, of course. What? did you happen to lose your mind last night?" She said as I laughed.

"Nah, just didn't know whether or not you'd actually want me to court you." I said as she laughed as I let go of her.

"Any realistic questions, love?" She said as I turned to the mirror and responded.

"A couple, like what am I capable now, drawbacks of this new power I have, and why you went along with it last night, to name a few." I said as Chrysalis huffed slightly.

"Your lucky your special, Ronin. Or you would be punished for questioning my actions." She said with a smirk. "You will now have enhanced senses, as well as being able to sense emotions like us, but you wont be able to feed on it. The drawback is simple, you are a part of the hive mind, so you might hear a voice or two in your head when we are near each other. As for why I allowed you to do what you did, the answer is easy. " She leaned close to my ear. "You spend your life scaring ponies and dominating, then some new guy waltz up and not only is unaffected by said dominating tactics. but also pulls some of his own in showing affection. It's QUITE the turn on, you know." She breathed as I shuddered a tad. Before she could move, I turned quickly and gave her a passionate kiss. Catching her off guard, She didn't return it for a second before tackling me to the ground.

"Exactly my point." She said as a changeling walked in. She looked up at him and snarled. "What is it? Can't you see I am busy right now?" The changeling jumped in fear at her tone before answering.

"Sorry, my queen. But we just got the report from Tak and the two lieutenants you sent with him. thwy have started their plans to learn of were the elements of harmony are located." As the changeling finished, Chrysalis's smile grew wider.

"Excellent, now leave and gather our finest units. I will be leaving dor canterlot shortly." The changeling left as I looked at her, confused.

"Leaving so soon?" I teased as she smiled at me.

"As much as I would love to stay and show you how a queen treats her consorts, I must prepare for the invasion, and to do that, I need to be in canterlot." She finished as I frowned.

"I still don't like it, even if your going to be pretending to be his wife to be. No one should sleep with you except me." I said with a growl, starting to feel protective of my newfound lover. This was either part of the change I went through, or I'm a protective boyfriend. (hivemate?)

She giggled, yes, giggled at that. "Your already feeling dominative over me? Choosing you was defenitely a good choice on my part. But I swear if you ruin this invasion with your lovesick attitude, I will send you to tartarus myself." She threatened as I smirked at her.

"Ok, just as long as you know if I find out you left me for some captain of the royal guard, there won't be a single thing that will stop me from finding you and ripping you to shreds." I finished as we looked into each others eyes and kissed again. She pulled back and responded to me.

"Maybe my subjects could wait an hour or two before we leave. I have pressing matters here I must attend to... Immediately." She said as she locked her door.

*********
Raiden POV.
*********

I was standing outside Twilights tree-house thing as Celestia was getting into the chariot that had arrived for her.

"Celestia, are you sure you don't need me there to help you make the armour?" I asked her as she shook her head.

"Relax, Raiden. When Luna and I create the armour, we will come back and have the blood magically transfused into it, then it will be complete. For now, I am putting you on leave from your duties as my personal chef so you can catch up with your younger brother." She finished as the chariot took off. Twilight came outside and looked to me.

"Do you know where you are going to stay?" She asked me. I simply shook my head. "Well, you can stay here. I have a spare bedroom upstairs if you want it."

I turned to her and smiled. "Thanks, Twilight. I'll take you up on that offer." I said as Nick came running up with an earth pony in tow.

"GUYS GUYS! GEUSS WHAT!!" He yelled in happiness. I smirked at him and responded.

"What, bro?" I asked as he put his left hand out, a red barrier enveloping him. Twilights jaw dropped at the sight as my eyes widened.

"Whoa!" I said as Twilight recovered from the shock.

"Whoa? WHOA? this is more than a 'Whoa' moment! If Nicholas can use magic, than so could you, Raiden!" She thought for a minute before her eyes widened in fear. "and.....so could Ronin." She said with a slight gulp.

I took a worried breath. It was bad enough the guy was already becoming this worlds samson. but adding magic to that.... It would not be pretty. The idea of me using magic however, seemed way easier on the mind.

I turned to Nick. "When did this start?" I asked him. He looked to Applebloom, who shared a worried glance with him, then he turned back to me.

"Can we go inside and talk, Raiden. It's not something I want to say in the open. Woth that, Twilight led us inside the treehouse.

**********
Ronin POV
**********

After Chrysalis and I said our "goodbye" in the bedroom. She had left for Canterlot with a small unit of 70 changelings. Meanwhile, I had been teleported to what was known as the everfree forest. As I walked through the forest, I remembered what Chrysalis had told me.

Your job is to check up on Tak, Tremor, and Tundra. They have already set up a base of operations in ponyville. This town is where the elements of harmony live at. After rendezvousing with them, you must find and capture the elements. If they refuse to give you the information we need, kill them. After all, there are six of them. Plenty to interrogate, plenty to give us answers. I smiled at that as I came to a clearing some cut bushes off to the side.

This had been where I had woken up in this world. To think that so much has happened in the two weeks since I had arrived. I shook my head. I need to focus on the task at hand. I thought as I heard something in the brush nearby.

I snuck over quietly and peered behind a tree. It was three young fillies, a colt, and.... Nicholas!?!

*********
Nicholas POV.
*********

After Applebloom and I told Twilight about my magic, she told me she would teach me how to use it properly. We left shortly after that and met up with Scoots, Belle, and Cacoono. The girls had decided to try zip lining as their cutie marks (to put it in their own words: Cutie Mark Zipeliners!!) I thought it was adorable and funny, while Cacoono looked at them (mostly Scoots) in admiration. He had told us he wasn't ablr to play with othwr kids due to his parents traveling, and he seemed very excited to due so.

So here we are, in the middle of a forest we shouldn't even be in, all because Scoots was told she couldn't do it by Diamond Tiara.

"I don't know why you let her get to you, Scoots." I said as we finally found a tree worthy of our time. Scoots looked at me with a disgusted face.

"I just hate it when she runs her mouth like that. You don't see her trying to zipline with us!" Scoots said as she started climbing the tree.

"Yeah, but aren't we as guilty if she does make us do stuff like this?" Belle said as Cacoono started looking around in suprise.

"What's up with him?" Bloom asked me. I shrugged and walked up to him and put a hand in his shoulder.

"Whats the matter, Bro?" I asked him, but he looked at me in fear, his glowing eyes seeming more... glowy than usual.

"We need to go, now!!" He said as Bloom looked at him in shock.

"Go? we jus' got here, and ya wanna leave?" She went to say more, but a shadow soon loomed over us. We turned around and Sweetiebelle screamed.

The shadow was being cast by this large guy in black armour with white flamea on it. It had this blade with it that seemed familiar.

"Who are you?!" I demanded as I took a step foward, pushing the girls behind me and Cacoono (who looked like he was torn between running and staying. couldn't blame him, this thing looked scary!)

The thing slowly raised his hands and removed his helmet, revealing his face to us. I took a good look and gasped.

It was my brother, Ronin. But he was...different. He had a glowing green eye on his left, instead of the ocean blue they are supposed to be. And some of his armour looked like it was a part of his body instead of being pure metal.

He knelt down and looked me in the eye. "Little bro...is that really you?" He asked me. That's when I couldn't hold back anymore. I ran forward and hugged him really hard. He picked me up and spun me around, laughing all the while.

"RONIN!" I yelled happily as he put me down. "I was so worried, with Raiden telling me you had became a bad guy and being a queens slave or something. But here you are! With your awesome skill, we can defeat those bug things together!" As I finished, I noticed he was eyeing Cacoono strangely, while Cacoono shriviled in his gaze.

"Oh, these are my friends. The earth pony is Applebloom" She nodded slightly at Ronin. "The unicorn is Sweetiebelle." She looked at him and smiled. "And the pegasus is Scootaloo." She proudly lifted her head. "Oh! and this unicorn is Cacoono!" Said unicorn was now completely behind me. "Don't worry, he's shy." Ronin looked at all of us for a bit before turning back to me.

"Little bro, I need you to answer me something, ok?" I nodded, eager to help. "Do you know who the elements of harmony are?" At this, the crusaders smiled.

"Oh, ya mean our sistahs?" Applebloom asked. He nodded. "They live in ponyville. Mah sister is at the barn, Sweetiebelle's is at the boutique of hers." She nodded to Scootaloo. "Rainbow isn't her sistah, but she's her idol." Scootaloo cut in.

"Yeah, Rainbow dash is the best!!! but why do you want to know where they are?" Ronin simply smiled, yet the smile seemed weirdly aggresive.

"Easy, I have a business proposition for them, and I don't think they would like for this opportunity to pass by." He said as he started walking towards town.

Even though I was happy to see him, I couldn't help but shudder at the way he said that. As we followed him, I prayed that we hadn't just made a huge mistake.

Author's Note:

Here we go, with ronin on a warpath for the elements, will Nicholas realize his brother has changed, and will they be able to stop Ronin from whatever he is planning? Stay tuned, my fic-crazy ponies! and remember: LOVE AND TOLERATE!!

PreviousChapters Next