• Published 4th Jan 2021
  • 3,610 Views, 968 Comments

Era of Harmony - Gambling_Sam



3 brothers find themselves in equestria, fate takes over from there.

  • ...
16
 968
 3,610

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22: A prophecy and a very determined Pinkie Pie

*Canterlot Castle, No Pov*

The moon had just been raised and most of the castles daytime guards, maids, and other workponies were asleep and replaced by nightime counterparts. But one princess was still awake on her bed, and she was currently reading through a book that originally been hidden in her room.

As Celestia looked through the old diary of her lover of long ago, she couldn't help but think about the similarities between him and the brothers that had arrived. Ronin defenitely had his swordplay and his confidence, if not also his stubborness. Raiden could cook just as good, if not better than him, while sharing his kind heart. And little Nicholas seems to have the loyalty and honor that motivated him.

Celestia sighed as she turned another page and gasped. She had never looked in the back of the book before, the pain of who it belonged to was too great. but when she turned the page, there was a single paragraph in her lovers handwriting.

To my shining sun,

I was dreaming last night when I saw something unimaginable! Your sister had became something terrifying. And to make things worse, my dear friend Dadiolus was standing beside her, fueling whatever darkness had a grip on her. However, I saw a way for the light to overcome the dark. A time will come when six champions of humble beginnings will rise. These six heroes must ally themselves with the three heralds of balance. One will represent happiness and peace, One will represent death and sorrow, and one shall represent hope and the future. These three heralds will not be of this world, for they were not ponies, but humans like me. I can only hope that they arrive before Luna becomes shrouded in darkness again, not after. By the time you read this, I will have either succeded in altering fate, or died at the hands of Dadiolus. If I fail, it will be up to you to align the six champions with the prophesied heralds. Stay strong, my love. For the time will come when we are reunited.

Your dear captain, Sir Callobrim Blazeheart.

Celestia closed the diary, face tear stricken and breaths shallow. He knew that he might die that day?!" She thought as she thought about what it said. "Three heralds...that couldn't mean those brothers, could it?" She mumbled as she thought of something.

Out of the three, Raiden seemed the most intelligent, maybe he could help in figuring out this diary entry. Celestia thought as the door to her room slammed open. She turned to her intruder with a glare.

"Who dares come into my room unnanoun-Luna?" Celestia said as Luna looked at her with slight worry. "What is wrong, sister?" she asked her, noticing the look of fear on her sister face.

"Dear sister, we were watching over the dreams as per usual. But as we came across one particular dream that belonged to that human male you were with a couple of days ago, we found we could not enter it." Luna said as Celestia frowned.

"Why wouldn't you be able to enter it?" She asked as Lunas face suddenly went a bit pale.

"When we tried to enter it, we were surrounded by a green light and hundreds of voices assaulted our mind! It was like they were eating away at my thoughts!" Luna cried as she walked up and hugged her sister.

Celestia hugged back, mind full of worry and curiosity. "It seems we must pay a visit to our human friends. There is much we must discuss with them."

*************
Raiden POV
*************

After spending a day figuring our where I was to work, I had finally found the perfect place. Although it meant being instructed by Pinkie Pie, I was glad to be in a kitchen again.

"Alright, Raiden! we have an order for four breakfast muffins!" Pinkie called out in her usual high octane energy. How that girl has all that energy at ten in the morning confuses me greatly. Oh well, its better than nothing.

I poured the batter into the muffin shaped holders and put them into the oven. After about thirty seconds, a timer went off and they were ready to be pulled out. How food cooks here so fast is an even greater mystery, but one I'd rather not look into for the risk of a headache.

"Order up!" I yelled to the front as Mrs. Cake took the muffins and brought them to their respective customer. This continued for a few hours until Pinkie came to the back.

"Your shift is done, Raiden! the Cakes want you to have this!" She cheerfully said as she threw a bag at me. I opened it and saw those bits that they use as currency in them. The bag was labeled with a thirty.

"Dang, thirty bits a day? thats awesome!" I said as Pinkie grinned.

"You were working extra hard today, and you helped us get through the morning rush. So you earned a decent pay. Now that our shifts are over, what are you going to do?" Pinkie asked as as I thought for a bit before answering.

"I think I might ask Twilight to explain the currency here to me. I'd rather not pay too much for something on accident." I said as Pinkie grinned even wider.

"oooo, good idea! I'm going to the hospital, I have a special food package to deliver to a patient up there!" She said as she pulled a literal food package from her...hair?

"Who's it for?" I asked as Pinkie suddenly blushed slightly before answering.

"Its for someone special, but no spoilers! after all, the author hates spoilers!" Pinkie said as she jumped through a window, with a scream of suprise coming from outside, probably some wandering pony not expecting Pinkie to jump out a window.

Ok? I thought as I shoke off the weirdness that Pinkie Pie seems to attract to any situation. I walked out the bakery and went straight to Twilights home. As I walked in, I saw a blue pegasus with rainbow hair chilling on the floor reading something.

She looked up at me and smiled. "So, your one of those humans, right? Names Rainbow Dash, fastest pony in Equestria. Whats your name?" She said as I smiled. So this is the mare Nicholas said was a showoff. Aight, I can play this game. I thought as I smiled back.

"Well hello Rainbow Dash. My name is Raiden, but I couldn't possibly believe you are the fastest pony here. Sorry, but you just don't look the part." As soon as I said that, I got Rainbow Dash in my face.

"Excuse me! I am the fastest pony in ponyville, and I can prove it!" She smirked as she eyed me up and down. "Wanna race, smart mouth?" She asked as I smirked back.

"Maybe later, Skittles. I need to talk to Twilight about the currency here, do you know where she is?" As I finished my sentence, Twilight came downstairs from whatever she had been doing and noticed us.

"Raiden, Rainbow dash! What are you two doing?" She said, noticing the proximity we were from each other. We immediately backed up and I turned to Twilight.

"I was just talking to Rainbow, but I need your help with something, if your not to busy." I said and Twilight grinned.

"I'm not busy right now, so whats up?" Twilight said as Rainbow returned to reading her book. I took a seat and pulled out the bit filled bag from earlier and handed them to her.

"I just received a paycheck, and I have no clue how the economy works here." I said as Twilight pulled out a copper and silver bit from the bag.

"Im glad you asked about this, Raiden. Last thing we need is for you to be haggled or overpay in the marketplace." She lifted up the copper bit. "This color bit represents a number value of one." She said as I smiled.

"Earth has something like that, except ours is a dollar bill." I said as she got a bit giddy at new information about earth. She lifted up the silver one next.

"This one has a numerical value of ten." She said and I nodded at this worlds version of ten bucks. She put it down and her horn glowed, causing a golden bit to appear in front of us. "This bit has a face value of one hundred." She said as my jaw dropped.

"Wait, that little boy is worth a hundred in Your currency!" I said as she nodded. "That's so cool and crazy at the same time." I put the silver and copper bit in my bag and Twilight made the gold one disappear. I stood up and stretched.

"I think I might go take a nap, working with Pinkie is exhausting!" I said. Twilight giggled at that and nodded.

"She can be a handful at times." She said as I walked upstairs and into my guest room, plopping onto the bed with a tired yawn. I didn't even change my clothes before passing out.

***********
Ronin POV
***********

Once again, I was being fed the elixer. This time, it would be the last one I would get, since I was able to feel my body again. Once I finished drinking it, I passed it off to Nurse Redheart. She put it aside and looked at me.

"Do you want to try and walk now?" She asked and I nodded as I slowly got off the bed. With support from Redheart, I stood there for a second to catch my balance, then took a step forward.

It was a wobbly one at first, but as I continued to walk around, the steps got more confident and I found myself perfectly able to walk again with no assistance. I smiled and turned to a mirror while removing my hospital robe, just to have the smile wiped off my face.

The exoskeleton I had was damaged...bad. There were cracks all along it and I could tell the epicenter of it all was the back area which was unprotected. Heck, as I turned, I noticed there wasnt even any skeleton back there anymore, the roof had done away with my whole backpiece.

Redheart stepped up to me. "Ronin, the exoskeleton you wore has been severly damaged. But if it wouldn't had been there, you would've been sent to a morgue rather than a hospital." She said as I sighed. Chrysalis was going to be mad.

"At least I'm alive." I said and Redheart agreed. I turned to the door and staryed stretching my arms and legs, both stiff after being stuck in a bed for days. "So, Im able to leave anytime, right?" I said and Redheart nodded, albeit a tad sadly. I picked up on the slight sorrow and smiled.

"Hey, why don't I treat ya to lunch tomorrow, so I can get to know my new friend better." I said as she visibly (and internally) brightened at the idea.

"I would love that, Ronin. I have a day off tomorrow, so it will work out perfectly. But where to?" She said as I smirked.

"I think I know exactly where to go." I said as I started walking out the door. "meet me at sugercube corner tomorrow at eleven, ok?" I Said as she waved to me.

"I will, see you there!" She called back as I left the room and hospital. After walking around a bit, I finally made it back to my house, or at least what was my house.

When I had told Chrysalis to change the house, she might've went overboard. she not only changed it, but now it looked similar to how the old hive looked. Except that it still had the outward frame of a house, just with hive design instead of bricks. That, and a few spikes jutting from the roof and sides. I barely put my hand on the doorknob when, in a flash of green light, I found myself on a bed with Chrysalis on top of me.

"Chrysi? What are ya doing?" I asled as she hungrily looked down on me.

"My mate has been locked in a hospital for three days straight with...a damaged exoskeleton." She said slightly mad as she licked her lips and fangs. "No matter, your dear queen has been starving! Now, do your queen a favor and feed her, will you?" She literally purred as she magically locked all doors and shut all windows. She went to kiss me but was interrupted by a loud voice outside.

"Chrysalis, I know Ronin is in there, now let me see him!" A loud voice yelled through. I got up and opened a window to see Pinkie standing outside with a megaphone in one hoof while holding a package in another. She looked up towards me and smiled...wide.

"There you are!" She said as she lowered the megaphone. "Whether your busy or not, I have been looking for you all day, Ronin! And you will get this package!" She yelled up as she dove through a window downstairs.

Oh, boy. I thought as turned to the door, ready for whatever Pink was ready to do.

Author's Note:

What happens when you have a Pinkie Pie that is absolutely determined to hunt you down at all costs? And what of the note found in Callobrims diary? are the three brothers really the heralds of balance? (what even is a herald of balance?) All this and more next time, my fic-crazy ponies. and remember:LOVE AND TOLERATE!

PreviousChapters Next