• Published 4th Jan 2021
  • 3,650 Views, 968 Comments

Era of Harmony - Gambling_Sam



3 brothers find themselves in equestria, fate takes over from there.

  • ...
16
 968
 3,650

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 33: Healing the heartache pt.1

*Ronin POV*

The following morning, I woke up at the crack of dawn. After doing my daily workout consisting of a hundred pushups and sit ups (guys gotta stay fit), I went straight to Taks room and peeped in.

Oddly enough, Scootaloo wasn't there anymore. In her place was a small letter. I quietly walked over and opened it.

Tak

Meet me at my house on the hill, there is something there I need you to see.

Love, Scootaloo.

I raised an eyebrow. Love? Since when did that happen? I mean, they've been inseperable since they have met, but I have never sensed a trace of love on Scootaloo regarding Tak. Fondness and perhaps affection, yeah. But not love.

The same defenitely couldn't be said for Tak. The poor boy has it really bad for her. With a quiet mumble, Tak slowly woke up

"Scootaloo..." He mumbled, still half asleep.

"Sorry to dissapoint kiddo, but I ain't your crush." I said with a laugh. Tak immediately shot straight up and fell out of his cacoon. He turned to me with a look of shock.

"When did you get here?" He asked me as I waved the note in his face.

"Not important, what is important is your girl wants to meet you at her house and something about it seems...off to me." I said, but I could tell he stopped paying attention at the mention of Scootaloo.

"Well, let us depart! I wouldn't want to keep her waiting!" He said as he jumped up and walked straight out the door. As I followed after him I felt a chill run through me, as if the room suddenly got several degrees colder.

Why does going over to this kids house seem to be putting me on edge?

**************
Raiden POV
**************

I woke up to a loud pop resounding through my bedroom. I sat up and looked around, but the only thing weird thing I could find out of place was my mirror, which was currently glowing.

I got up and approached the mirror, sticking out my hand.

"What the heck.." I said aloud before a hoof came out of the mirror and pulled me through by my own hand.

After what seemed like a second of blue light flashing, I found myself in the middle of Lunas bedroom. Said mare was smiling at my shocked expression.

"How was your trip?" She asked me with a tone of childish mocking. I rolled my eyes and smiled at her antics.

"Unexpected, but I was expecting not to expect something, so that doesn't count." I said as I embraced her in a hug, which was greatly returned.

"We are glad to see you as witty as ever, Raiden." She said as she pulled away from me and looked at me. Damn, those sparkling eyes of hers would send me to war.

I cupped her cheek and smiled warmly. "And I am glad to see your as cute as ever." She blushed tremendously as she took a step or two back in suprise. I laughed at the sight. "So, princess. What shall we do today?" I asked as she calmed down and a sly smile went over her features.

"Today, we shall be messing with my sister. It has been eons since she has been pranked." She said as a rather bad idea popped into my head.

"I think I know just the thing."

*************
Nicholas POV
*************

I woke up in my bed to find that bunny snuggled up to me. I'll admit, I wanted to cook the guy for a week or two after he slapped me with the flyswatter (odd that Fluttershy has one considering her beliefs with animals). But recently, I've been finding him curled up by me in the bed.

I sighed and poked him. "C'mon, Roger. I gotta get up for school." He awoke anf turned to me. I nicknamed him roger after a rabbit I had seen in a movie involving cartoons and people working together, and he seemed to not mind.

The little heaven hopped out of the room as I got changed into more daytime affairs. Wearing a yellow shirt that had a sun on it (real subtle who your advertising, Rarity) and blue jeans that had her mark indented on the back pockets, I walked downstairs to find Fluttershy feeding several birds.

"Now make sure to eat as much as you can. We wouldn't want you to go hungry, now would we?" The birds happily chirped as she turned and faced me. "Oh, good morning Nicholas." She said as she flew over and gave me a quick hug. "What are you doing up so early?" She asked as I raised an eyebrow.

"Uhh...going to school in about thirty minutes?" I said as her eyes widened and she blushed slightly.

"O-Oh, I geuss I forgot to mention that your not going today. " She said quietly as she hid behind her mane. I blinked in suprise as that sank in.

"Ok....why?" I asked as she peeked out of her mane.

"I-I wanted to help cheer you up since you seemed upset yesterday." She said meekly. I smiled warmly and knelt to face her.

"Alright, then. Far be it for me to complain about missing school. So what do you have planned for today?" I asked as a cheerful smile appeared on her face.

[about an hour and a bunch of animals later]

Before today, I have never participated in a legitimate tea party. Especially not one with a bunch of animals. But hey, new world, new experiences. And sitting on a pink blanket on a quiet little hill was apparently one of them.

"More sugar, Mr.Raccoon?" Fluttershy asked a raccoon who was participating with a bear named harry and a snake named jasper. As of why the snake was at the tea party, I have no idea(no hands for the cups) But who was I to judge?

After the raccoon got his cup refilled, I stretched back on the blanket and yawned slightly. Compared to yesterday, this was a stress free day so far. It almost made me forget about the whole yelling at my friend thing that happened...

almost, anyway.

"Nicholas?" I heard Fluttershy ask me as I sat up and faced her.

"What's up?" I responded as I noticed she had a slightly conflicted look before she took a deep breath and answered.

"What did happen at school yesterday, if you don't mind me asking?" She said as I frowned and looked into my tea. Could I tell her? She's been nothing but kind to me since my arrival, but should I tell her about what happened? What if she doesn't like what I did and decides to-

No, she's nothing like mom was. I can tell her about it.

I took a breath of my own before starting. "Yesterday, I helped Diamond make amends with her friend Silverspoon. Applebloom and the others walked up and saw me cuddling with Diamond. A few words were said between the girls, and next thing I know I was yelling at Applebloom for snapping at Tiara." I looked away from her, suddenly ashamed about the events.

"Oh, Nicholas." She said as she nodded to her animal friends, who departed immediately as if they knew we needed space. She flew over and wrapped her left wing around me as I continued.

"Its just, I really like Diamond, but Applebloom and Sweetiebelle weren't even giving her a chance. And now that I lost my temper and yelled a them, I doubt they're gonna want to hang out with me anymore." I choked a bit on my breath as tears started going down my face.

Fluttershy pulled me into a big hug then. I held on tightly, crying almost silently into her mane. "The girls wouldn't do that to you, Nicholas. They are your friends, and friends stick together." She said as I leaned back and looked her in the face.

"R-Really?" I asked her as she smiled and grabbed a napkin and gave it to me so I could blow my nose.

"Absolutely. As long as you talk it out with them the next time you see them." She said as I finished cleaning my face. "Better?"

"Much better, Thanks Fluttermom." I said as we sat there together enjoying the quiet calm of the surrounding nature.

That is, until the hillside about a mile off exploded in a big and loud flash.

*************
Raiden POV/10 minutes ago
*************

Luna had managed to sneak me into day court behind Celestias throne as she was fulfilling requests for the ponies coming to see her. Any and all guards were told to ignore the scheming human behind the throne, and were now watching me from the corner of their eyes in amusement.

"I am glad you decided to join day court with me, sister." Celestia said regarding Luna, who was standing next to her by the throne. "Although I can't help but ask why you decided to accompany me today of all days."

Luna gave a cheesy smile and responded. "I am curious to seeing how thou run your court to see how my own court could be improved upon." She said while I pulled the suprise for Celestia out of a side bag I was carrying. Smooth story, Luna.

"I am glad you are taking your court seriously again, Luna. I was beginning to worry that you would never-" She was cut off as Twilight came into the room with a audible pop. "Ah, Twilight Sparkle. How nice of you to join us." She said as she stood up, promtping Luna to turn to me briefly and wink before turning back to Twilight.

"Princess, I recieved your letter to meet you and came as soon as I could. Is there something wrong?" She asked as I heard Celestia chuckle, but was to busy trying to plant the suprise to notice her movements.

"Nothing is wrong, my dear student. I summoned you here because I wanted to personally inform you that in about a week from today, you will have test." I heard a sharp gasp from across the room that had to be twilights.

"A t-t-test?!" She said as I heard Luna snicker at her reaction. I carefully planted the suprise and snuck back behind the throne.

"Indeed, my little pony." I heard Celestia walk back towards her throne and held back a laugh as she sat down.

PHFFFFFFFFT! went the whoopie cushion her royal flank sat on.

I snuck a peek from my hiding spot to see a very-red faced Celestia, a Twilight that looked frozen in place, and a Luna that looked ready to die laughing.

For a moment, nobody moved. The silence was broken as Twilight literally passed out on the spot.

That was the breaking point for me and Luna. The latter was now on the ground laughing herself to tears as I emerged from my spot cracking up myself. Celestia, however, was not amused.

"Was that really necessary, you two? And what is Raiden doing in Canterlot anyway." She grumbled as she sent a stern look to some guards, who snapped to attention immediately.

"Relax, Celestia. I came up with the idea after Luna wanted to prank you. As for why I'm here, I will be taking up my original job as a royal chef thanks to Luna setting up a portal for me to warp through from ponyville." I said as Luna recovered and stood up with a big grin.

Celestia sighed. "At least my sister is enjoying herself." She said before suddenly smirking. "But I wonder if your newfound desire to work here again has anything to do with Luna here." She said as Luna went beet red on the spot.

But before she could answer, a guard came into the room as Twilight recovered and stood up.

"Princess, there has been a big explosion sighted on the hillsides near ponyville!" He said as Celestia immediately brcame serious. She turned to Twilight and frowned.

"Twilight, I need you to return to ponyville and investiage the problem." She said as Twilight nodded and teleported away. Celestia turned to me.

"Raiden, return to ponyville as well and make sure your family is safe." I nodded and ran towards Lunas room to enter the portal.

Luna turned to Celestai and frowned deeply. "Sister, does thou think this has something to do with the return of the empire?" she asked as Celestia sighed and looked out a large window.

"I am not sure, sister. But if it does, then the test Twilight will be taking has become all the more necessary."

Author's Note:

Adorableness meets mystery as hillsides explode and bonds are deepened! What will happen next, my fic-crazy ponies?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME!

PreviousChapters Next