• Published 4th Jan 2021
  • 3,650 Views, 968 Comments

Era of Harmony - Gambling_Sam



3 brothers find themselves in equestria, fate takes over from there.

  • ...
16
 968
 3,650

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 51: Cold hearts, Burning Spirits pt.3

Author's Note:

Here's a new chapter, y'all! It took a couple of erased words (I ended up erasing almost 4000 just because it didnt flow) But here we are!

ENJOY!

*Goldspoon POV*

I quietly entered the royal kitchen and looked around to see if I was alone.

I was. Good.

I smiled and put down the saddlebags I had brought back with me from the north. I reached in it and brought out a bandana.

It was such an odd thing for the new boss to give me. It was old and had a faded black color, but not an inch of tatter or broken fabric could be found on it. And in its center was a red ruby.

"This beauty will allow me to see what you see. All you have to do is locate the three humans. They WILL be in that castle, just find them and then alert me whenever you do." He had said to me after giving me the bandana. You see, I had been on my way back from the crystal empire and was ready to continue scouting things for the Ice Queen when he appeared. I'll admit, when I was approached by a giant yeti wearing clothes that looked oddly like pony fur, I was terrified. But he knew everything about me and the Queens plans, and told me that the Ice Queen never planned on rewarding me for reviving her, only killing me when she was victorious. So we struck a deal.

I help the yeti locate the descendants of some Callobrim guy, and he gives me what I want most in life...

I shook my head as I put the bandana on. No point thinking about that now, I had a job to do, and I was going to do it. I turned and walked out the door, noticing Princess Luna and a Dragon head upstairs to her room alongside Celestia's student herself.

"That dragon is one of them! Follow slowly, then strike. When the time comes, I'll grant you the power to finish the job." the voice from the scarf said, though it felt like it was in my mind.

Time to earn my keep.

*****************
Ronin POV
*****************

I watched the guard who had tackled Pinkie Pie as he got off her and studied me for a second before gasping in suprise.

"YOU!" He yelled at me while pointing a hoof at me. I blinked in suprise as I raised an eyebrow.

"Uh...do I know you?" I asked as he removed his helmet, showing off a bright green mane that contrasted with his brown fur. The odd thing was this weird stump on his head. It almost looked like the bottom end of a...unicorn horn.

Ooooh, so THAT'S where he recognizes me from. He's the guy whose horn I had snapped during my fight at the courtyard. Heh, what are the odds?

But he wasn't nearly as amused to see me.

"My name is Echoing Soul, and do you know how bad my life has been since you snapped my horn? I had to relearn EVERYTHING I used to do with it! And since the doctor's said it wouldn't grow back at all, I'M FORCED TO DO THINGS LIKE AN EARTH PONY!"

Pinkie, who had gotten up during his rant and was standing beside me, and Redheart both frowned at the last sentence, the former deciding to waltz up to the guard and poke a hoof at his chest.

"And what's wrong with Earth ponies, ya big meanie?" Pinkie said as Redheart muttered something along the lines of "privileged motherbucker" under her breath. Chrysalis leaned in close to me as the guard, who was now under the rather unnerving glare of Pinkie, attempted to pacify one of his countries greatest hero's wrath.

"Ronin...something's wrong with me." She whispered as I turned to her, barely hearing the guard say that earth ponies have many talents...for menial jobs.

"What do you mean something's wrong?" I said, worry on my face as Pinkie proceeded to yell at the guard about undermining Earth ponies while Redheart tried to calm her down. weird...wonder why Pinkie Pie is being so moody all of a sudden?

Chrysalis shuddered slightly, pulling me from my thoughts. "I have this horrible urge to be...nice to ponies. I must have been affected by the corruption that was in your soul in some way."

I chuckled lightly. "I don't think that's the case, but I'll ask Dayb-Celestia about it later." I caught myself quickly before sighing. "About the corruption. Even though my soul was trapped in that shell of myself, I heard some of the things he said to you and Redheart."

A solemn look appeared on her face as she sighed. "Ronin...how do you feel about all of this? Being pulled from your home, being forced to fight for my species and being on trial for it?" I blinked in suprise at the odd question.

How do I feel about this? I claimed it was for the good of a species before, but now its gotten way more personal. My Brothers have a chance of being on the receiving end of any negative choices I make with the changelings as a whole. And with Redheart and Pinkie, two ponies with extremely good reputations as upstanding citizens, they have even more to lose than just their lives. I thought as I turned to Pinkie and the others.

Pinkie had finally calmed down after Redheart pulled her away from the now terrified guard, barely saving him from a large paddle Pinkie pulled out that had tape wrapped around the middle end. I smiled at the sight before turning back to Chrysalis, an answer at hand.

"Chrysi. I have many regrets in my life. Some involve people I cared about once, and others involve my own decisions." I cupped her cheek as my smile became slightly wider. "But not for a single second do I regret choosing to fight for OUR species. This IS my home now." I ran my hand through her now radient mane, and it was soooo soft!

She turned away from me and looked towards the sky. "But what about now? If the plan doesn't work, you may DIE. All because I ordered you to respond to opposition with violence instead of stealth."

I groaned as I face-palmed. "Babe, you can't blame yourself for my idea of killing those guards. I chose to end their lives that day, and now I will face the punishment...whatever that may be."

She turned back to me, suprising me as I saw tears in her eyes. "But I don't want to lose you. Especially not now when I am stuck with this...odd body. I need you, Ronin. Far more than I ever thought possible. The hive needs you."

I walked up and wrapped her in a big hug, feeling tears coming to mg eyes. "Damn it, Chrysi, I need you too. You were one of the first beings I met while on this colorful world, and we've been through hell and back trying to make a life for ourselves. Don't think for a second I'm gonna let you go."

I felt two pairs of hooves wrap around us as Pinkie and Redheart joined the hug, obviously noticing the emotional situation going on and acting on it.

"Aww, you guys are so sweet." I heard Pinkie say, her own voice cracking slightly. "Before I met you three, I believed that all I needed in life was my friends and parties. But meeting you all made me realize that, when the parties were done and my friends went back home, that I was alone. You three mean soooo much to me that I couldn't bear to be alone again."

I heard Redheart sigh as she attempted to hold back her own tears.

"Before I joined this herd, all I was before was a nurse in Ponyville that was shunned by her colleagues for her family ties. I didn't have ANY friends, let alone coltfriends or a husband. But then this turd-" I feel a hoof bop my head as the other two giggle slightly. "-Decided to drop with a broken back and take me for lunch three weeks later. You three showed me that I don't have to be like any other pony just to be happy, I just needed to find...a second family."

Ok, now I knew each one of us were crying. And considering we were in a the middle of a holding facility FULL of prisioners and guards, it mustve looked weird that two ponies, whatever Chrysalis is now, and a bipedal being were huddled together in a teary embrace.

"AHEM!"

We were snapped from the moment by a loud voice. I stepped back and looked to the cause of the interruption. It was a guard, but she was obviously of a better pay grade.

She had purple and black armour that seemed to have a fin like spike on its head. To the stark contrast of her dark armour, she had VERY blonde hair that seemed to radiate off her orange body.

She looked around, noticing a bunch of injured guards and a bunch of procrastinating prisioners scattered around the courtyard before she turned to us.

"Do ah have you four tah blame fer this?" No way. The accent, the look alike to Applejack...She couldn't be Big Mac's mom, right?

We looked at the damage done and turned to Pinkie, who was smiling at the new face.

"Pinkie..." I stated, causing her to look at me.

"Yeah?" She asked me as Chrysalis looked in shock as a cluster of guards who seemed to have somehow been stuck together with a large clump of cupcake batter.

"Just HOW many guards did you manage to put out of commision before that guy from earlier tackled you?" I asked as Redheart glared at Gilda and...Larxene?! Why was she in jail?

Pinkie thought about this before smiling at me from ear to ear.

"Only about two hundred, silly! It's not like I was trying to HURT them in any way." She said as the guard in front of us face-hoofed.

"Ok, y'all just come with me." She said as she led us out of the area and into the castle while a platoon of guards rushed into the yard to get the prisioners back into their cells.

Hoo boy, was Raiden gonna be mad when he learned about this.

*************
Raiden POV
*************

Ya know, today has been QUITE the strain on my patience levels.

After having to satisfy Luna for the whole train ride, we had moved to the castle where same princess proceeded to make me cook breakfast the way SHE likes it cooked.

That meant dry pancakes for everyone....great. Though watching Nicholas and his friends talk about little things such as school and adventuring while eating was heartwarming.

After breakfast was ate, We split into three teams. The kids went off who knows where while Ronins herd went to go check up him. Though I recently saw Bellflower lead a bunch of guards in the same direction the girls went while I was cleaning plates, so hopefully they didn't cause a ruckus.

Suprisingly, Fluttershy decided to go to the garden rather than hang out with Nicholas. I had asked her about it, and she said she wasn't the best at public shows and would get in the way, which was fair considering it's Fluttershy.

Which meant that, while Celestia dealt with some kind of ice problem involving some buffalo, Luna and Twilight were assisting me in attempting finding a defense team for Ronin.

Key word: attempting

"RAAAAH!" I roared as I stood up and walked to the balcony in Luna's room. We had originally been in the library, but I had accidently brushed against Twilights horn with my elbow, causing her to make a loud squee that got us kicked out. (That, and Luna called the mare in charge a "wrinkly old donkey that could step on a plastic brick" after she shushed us , so that helped.)

I felt Luna walk up beside me as Twilight continued to scan through a rather large law book, her major nerd powers coming full tilt as she finished off yet another book and tossed it to the ever-growing pile next to her.

"Thou must relax, Raiden. We will not find any answers by losing our tempers." She said, leaning against me as I sighed.

"It's just...everything was going so well, and then BAM! Ronin's carted off to jail." I leaned against the railing as I turned towards the room, noticing just how tired the girls looked. Luna was obviously worn out from this morning, and considering she usually sleeps at night, this can't be healthy for her. Twilight looked ok, but she was barely speeding through the books she was reading, and that's definitely not normal.

Luna gave me a small smile as she nodded to Twilight. "I understand your worry for your eldest brother, but letting it get to you will only cause more strife, not less."

I groaned and stretched out my wings. The darned things had been extremely stiff since Luna had made me wear them out before. I looked to Luna with a resigned smile.

"I know. It's just that idiot always finds a way to get himself into trouble, and now its gotten out of hand. The guy might not even LIVE past the end of tomorrow, for goodness sake!" I exclaimed as I turned and walked back into the room while Luna followed. I sprawled out on the bed as I felt her lay against me, causing an extreme sense of relaxation to overcome me as I scratched her ears, receiving a purr from her in response.

"AH HA!" Twilight called out suddenly, shocking both of us out of our state of comfort to look at her.

"What is it?" I asked as she beamed at us.

"I knew something was off about all of this. The reason Celestia had decided not to put Ronin on trial is because he isn't a citizen! You and your brothers were never officially made Equestrian citizens. And since your not citizens, only your home country could indict you for any crimes committed here!"

I blinked before frowning. "So why did prince blueballs even cause all of this ruckus? He sent a letter to us about how he had the families ready to testify and everything! Did he just not know about that rule?"

Luna pointed to the book. "Unlikely. Twilight, please read the author of that law book out loud."

Twilight flipped the book over mid-air and read it out loud. "Law of Equestria, Volume three. Written and recorded by...Lunaris Blueblood?!"

Luna nodded. "The prince is in charge of making modernized copies of old manuscripts, tomes, and lawbooks. He has every law memorized since childhood. So there is no way he would not know of the law."

I groaned as I stood up and started pacing around the room. "Then why do all of this?"

We were silent for a while before Twilight made a slight squeak as she turned to me.

"Raiden...what if this is like the wedding?"

I stared at her. "You mean the one Chrysalis messed with? how?"

Luna nodded, as if she was piecing together what Twilight was saying. "What we think Twilight means to say is what if something else is to blame for all of this?"

I frowned as I leaned against a wall. "And what would they get from that? The only thing that has really been done was bringing us all here." I said as my eyes went wide.

"Maybe that WAS the plan all along." Twilight said, standing up quickly. "Quick! We need to the others!"

A knock went at the door, making us stop in our tracks. "Room service for the princess!"

Luna frowned as she got up to open it. "We do not recall ordering any ro-"

BOOM!

The door was blasted off its hinges as an explosion sent Luna backwards into me. We hit the ground hard as someone walked in from the crater of the wall.

"Compliments from the north, princess." A familiar voice rang out. The dust cleared as we got up, and I was face to face with someone I recognized, but was not expecting.

"Goldspoon?"

**************
Ronin POV
**************

We were led to the throne room where Celestia, or Daybreaker in disguise, was currently signing some sort of document while sitting on her throne with two guards at either side of her.

The guard lady who had escorted us here stepped forward and saluted the princess.

"Captain Bellfower reporting, princess!" Daybreaker/Celestia looked up and nodded for her to continue. "There was a disturbance in the prision yard, and ah brought the causes of it straight here."

The princess yawned. "Very well, captain. Leave the accused here so I can decide their fate and return to your rounds, and take the guards nearby with you. This is a PRIVATE consultation, after all." The captain dropped the salute and did a one-eighty turn before marching out of the room, taking the guards with her. The princess looked around for a moment, making sure it was just her and the six of us with her in the room, before gracefully walking towards us after rising from her throne.

"Ah, Ronin. So you've been causing quite a stir while in containment, haven't you?" She purred, her normally pink eyes flashing a deadly shade of orange.

So daybreaker DID take over. I thought as she came to stop in front of me before turning to Chrysalis.

"Might you introduce me to your friends?" She stated, to which Pinkie and Redheart looked confused by while Larxene and Gilda looked slightly afraid. (though the latter was attempting to look bigger by swelling her chest.)

Chrysalis chortled. "Are my looks that different to where you don't rember me, Celestia? It is I, Chrysalis."

Daybreaker smirked. "Ah, the queen of the changelings." She looked to Larxene and gained a bored expression. "Then your the changeling that was imprisioned earlier." This caused me to look to her with a raised eyebrow.

Noticing my look, Larxene stood proud and saluted. "I did my duty to my people and my king, so I bear no regrets!" Good girl, Larxene.

Gilda frowned at the show of loyalty. "The only reason why I am here is because I was used as a cannonball by a CERTAIN earth pony." She said as she glared at Pinkie, who stuck her tongue out in response.

Redheart raised a hoof. "Your majesty, I find it hard to believe you don't remember myself or Pinkie. Especially since we spoke merely three hours ago."

I cursed inwardly. They would have to learn about the "switch" in the mindset of the sun goddess sooner or later. I looked at Daybreaker and nodded.

"You can tell them, Day. They're all a part of the plan anyway." I said while Daybreaker let out a happy groan.

"You mean I can drop the act? Thank Faust! Pretending to be this false ruler is sooo infuriating!" She said as Chrysalis frowned and looked to the princess.

"What act?" She asked as a orange light flashed around Celestia, revealing the sun tyrant I had helped free merely days before.

Everyone, except myself, went into different shapes of shock at the sight of Daybreaker. Pinkie gasped (probably excited about meeting somepony else.) Redheart, Gilda, and Larxene jaws dropped, while Chrysalis turned to me with a look of anger.

"And who the buck is that?" She asked as I walked up next to Daybreaker and smiled.

"Everyone, meet Daybreaker, the new and improved princess of the sun."

Pinkie, predictably, was the first to respond by zooming up to Daybreaker and smiling big.

"Hi my name's Pinkie Pie! Are you replacing Celestia? Why? Did Celestia do something wrong, or are you like nightmare moon?" She spouted out non-stop as Daybreaker blinked before answering.

"Greetings, Element of laughter. Yes, I am replacing her. And both her and her sister did do something wrong, but unlike Nightmare Moon I managed to succeed."

I quickly stepped in. "Of course, Celestia isn't dead or anything. These two share the same body, and Celestia's...gonna be in time out for a while."

Chrysalis frowned. "And what makes you more trustworthy than Celestia? You just look like a flaming version of her." This caused Daybreaker to chuckle as she eyed Gilda before turning to me.

"Just how much do you trust the griffon? The little changeling is one thing, but she is a random outsider you met in prision and I doubt she needs to hear what I am about to say." I nodded and turned to Gilda.

"Would you mind waiting outside for a bit?" I asked her as she rolled her eyes, but walked out and closed the doors behind her.

Pinkie was the first to speak up. "What are you gonna tell us? Ooo! Is it your backstory?! I LOVE BACKSTORIES!" I chuckled at her antics while Chrysalis and Larxene rolled their eyes.

Redheart tilted her head slightly. "And if it IS a backstory, then maybe you could also touch upon what wrongdoing the princesses did?" She asked as I raised an eyebrow at the anti-monarch.

"What did you mean by that? I've been told before about some of her...murderous tendencies when Callobrim died, but is there more to that?"

Daybreaker looked at all of us and summoned chairs for us to sit in as she sighed.

"Your closer than you think, Ronin. So far, you've been told many things about that night a thousand years ago. But the whole story has never been told before, and you can blame that on the princesses." A flash of orange appeared in the area between us and her, making a circle. Daybreaker smirked as her horn glowed, creating what looked liked images in the circle.

"Let me tell you exactly what happened between the three humans that appeared long ago and the tragedy that followed, along with why the princesses should not be trusted." She started, but was interrupted as a loud explosion that could be heard from somewhere above.

"What the...?" Chrysalis began, but was interrupted when the door behind us slammed open and Gilda, about twenty guards and the captain from before ran in. A flash of light from behind me notified that Daybreaker had dawned her disguise again and made the magic circle disappear.

"Princess! There has been a breach on security and I must ask you to stay here!" She turned and looked to the guards. "Protect the princess and her guests until I return!" With that, she ran out of the room as the guards made a circle around us and did a one-eighty turn, now facing any direction but our group.

I turned to Daybreaker. "I can't just stay here. My brothers are in this castle somewhere!"

Larxene saluted. "Sir! Nicholas and his friends are out in the city with the prince. They will not be harmed by any attacks here!" I sighed in relief. Thank goodness. I know Raiden can handle himself, but Nicks just a kid...with weird powers. I was pulled from my thoughts though as Redheart spoke up.

"Well, we still need to do something. Their are bound to be wounded from that explosion, and they will need to be looked after."

"If we go to help, WE may need looking after!" Gilda retorted as Redheart glared on response.

I face-palmed. This arguing would get us nowhere fast, and we needed action. I turned to Pinkie and leaned down close.

"Pinkie." I whispered to her while she leaned in comically close. "I need you to go and figure out what's going on above. Take Larxene and go help Raiden if need be" She nodded before Chrysalis, who had leant in without me noticing, butted in.

"You'll need a distraction to keep the guards busy." She said as I looked to the guards, then Celestia/Daybreaker. A really bad idea formed popped in my mind.

Chrysalis, who could see the smile on my face, frowned. "Whatever it is your thinking of doing, don't."

It was too late. I had already made my way over to Daybreaker, who looked at me with slight interest as I turned to the guard circle around us.

"Hey, boys!" I yelled as the guards all turned and faced me. "Wanna see me desecrate your boss?" With that, I raised my hand high and...

SMACK!

The sound of hand connecting with sunbutt was deafening, and the elicit moan of pleasure from Daybreaker, who was now red faced and gave me a slight glare, was only heard by those nearby. All the guards plus Gilda's jaws dropped. Redheart rolled her eyes while Chrysalis narrowed her eyes and stepped forward.

"How DARE you slap her flank in my presence!" She yelled at me, though her eyes showed amusement. She spun around and wiggled her own at me. "At least, without slapping mine first?"

Most of the guards were now in a lucid state of shock as I smiled big. They were so engulfed in the insane events transpiring they didn't notice Pinkie Pie and Larxene sneak out the doors. I nodded to them befire bringing my other hand down on Chrysalis's butt, landing it right in the middle of her left cheek. This begat a sultry giggle from the queen as a guard actually passed out from excitement while some of the ones that were unicorns started summoning drinks and passing then around.

I looked to Redheart, who was looking on the whole situation with a confused face and probably wondering how her life had come to this, and smiled.

"C'mon, Nurse! Come here and get your spanking!" I called out to her while the guards all turned to her. For a second, I swore I saw her eye twitch before-

WHAM! I was tacked to the floor and lip locked by a very passionate Redheart. Several guards whooped while some of them that WEREN'T males after all grabbed their own males and made out with them. Daybreaker (while still under the disguise of Celestia, mind you) cleared her throat and proclaimed loudly:

"Make love till you drop!" She proclaimed as herself and Chrysalis dive bombed me as the doors to the throne room were closed so no onlookers could see anything.

***************
Raiden POV
***************

I looked at my fellow chef in shock as he stepped through the hole in the wall. He looked like he always did, except for a weird black bandana attached to his head with a red ruby eyeing me down.

And I meant eyeing. It felt like it was watching my every move.

I shuddered as Luna rose to her hooves before glaring at Goldspoon.

"Sous chef! What in the name of tartarus does thou think thou are doing?" She yelled as he smiled and tapped the ruby.

"Just looking for a human, and my sources tell me you used to be one. But since Ronin is in jail, so you must be my old friend!" He laughed lightly before turning to me. "You know, there are some VERY powerful beings coming for you and your brothers."

I gritted my teeth as I felt a rising surge of anger in me. I stared down my friend with pure malice as I spoke.

"What do you mean by powerful beings? Who's coming after my family?!" I roared as he went to asnwer, but gasped in pain.

"AH!" He yelled as he pawed at the bandana before his head went limp and fell low, even though he stood still. A small red glow was coming from the ruby as the body remained motionless.

Twilight was the first to react. "W-What just happened?" She asked as Luna shook her head.

"We cannot say, but whatever is on his head is cursed. We can feel the power coming from it. Tis almost like something is trying to-" She stopped as Goldspoons head rose up and smiled wickedly.

"Well well well. If it isn't princess Luna!" A deep voice that definitely didn't belong to Goldspoon said as he eyed her, then turned to me with red eyes that gleamed in the slightly dimmed room. I have a message for you, boy. Meet me in the gardens an hour past right now. And If you decide not to show?" He laughed wickedly. Then I will have pegasus wings for lunch!" With that, 'Goldspoon' raised his hooves to his head and gripped the sides of it.

"See you REAL soon!" He said before-

SNAP!

Twilight screamed, I gasped, and Luna flinched as whatever had possessed Goldspoon made him snap his neck right in front of us. His whole body jerked before hitting the ground. I found myself unable to divert my gaze from the slowly growing blood pile on the floor.

He snapped his own neck...

"Princess!" Bellflower rushed in, alongside spme guards that looked different. They wore similar armour to her, yet had fangs. They stopped and gazed upon the dead pony in front of us. The captain looked from Goldspoon to Luna, who bore an emotionless gaze.

"Princess...what happened?" She asked as the guards behind her looked green. Luna sighed.

"We have an intruder in the castle. The gardens are closed off, let NO ONE in at all. This castle is under lockdown immediately!" She ordered as Bellflower saluted and turned to her guards, who looked ready to puke.

"Git it together! Yer Thestrals, fer Fausts sake! Clean up this body!" She said as Twilight, who had put a hoof over her mouth, now lost all control and vomited right there on the spot, snapping me out of my funk. I looked to Luna with a sick feeling in my stomach.

"Luna...we need to find Ronin and Nicholas NOW!" I stated, while walking over and rubbing Twilights back as she nodded. Bellflower, who had been helping the...Thestrals with the body, turned to us.

"Ronin is downstairs with princess Celestia right now. Him and his posse of mares were causing a ruckus outside, so ah brought them tah her." She stated as I groaned and face-palmed with my free hand. Of course he did.

Luna shook her head. "Then we shall go down to the throne room immediately." She said as Twilight started vomiting again after a soldier slipped in the blood pool. Luna looked to Twilight first before turning back to Bellflower.

"Perhaps...after Twilight Sparkle is fare enough for travel."

PreviousChapters Next