• Published 4th Jan 2021
  • 3,645 Views, 968 Comments

Era of Harmony - Gambling_Sam



3 brothers find themselves in equestria, fate takes over from there.

  • ...
16
 968
 3,645

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20: A trip to the hospital

*Raiden POV*

We had made it to the hospital quickly and my mind was already creating worst-case scenerios.

Chill out! I told myself. Ronin is one of the toughest guys you know, and that was before he got powers. He'll be fine. As we walked in an yellow earth pony with a mane of a mix of light and dark blue came up to us.

"You must be the older brother Nurse Redhearts patient, right?" She asked me. I raised an eyebrow but nodded.

"Yeah, I'm Raiden. How is he?" I asked her as she motioned us to follow her down a hallway. We soon came to a room with the door open. She turned to me.

"You'll have to ask his nurse for the details, but I think he is unconscious right now." She said as I sighed.

"Thank you, miss..." I trailed off, not knowing her name.

"Oh, I'm Nurse Snowheart. Now, go check on your Brother." With that she walked off as we walked into the room. When we got sight of Ronin, several things happened.

I was quick to take notice that the wings he had were bandaged extremely, but you could see a huge amount of blood on the bandages. For some reason, there was a bandage wrap over his eyes as well. I gripped the side of the bed as I took in the sight of Ronin passed out and injured. A flash of light shone through the room as I heard Pinkie starting to cry again and turned to her.

"Hey, why are you crying? Ronin's not gonna die or anything, he's too tough for that" I told her, but she shook her head as she sniffled.

"But, I took him to the school in the first place, if I wouldn't have done that, he would be ok." She said as she cried again. I sighed before hearing voices from outside the room.

"The patient is NOT to be disturbed!" I heard a strict female voice say. Probably Nurse Redheart. I thought.

"But its our fault he's hurt in the first place, we have to make sure he's all right." Odd, that sounded like Scootaloo.

"Besides, that's my brother! I'm not about to have some pony I don't know keep me from seeing family!" Defenitely Nicholas.

"Please, Nurse Redheart? just let us see him fer a second. We feel just awful bout what happened!" Applebloom said as they turned into the room. It was the Crusaders and my brother alright, with oddly no sign of Tak. There was a white earth mare with them. She had a pink mane and tail and a cutie mark that had a cross with hearts in its corners.

She looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "And you are?" She asked me.

"My name is Raiden, Ronin's other brother. Seems you met my brother Nicholas and his riot squad." I turned to them and frowned. "What did you girls mean by 'its our fault he was hurt'?" I asked as all four of them flinched at my tone.

Nicholas took a step forward and explained what happened. By the time it was done, Pinkie was sitting there shocked, Both the nurse and I looked extremely ticked off, and Twilight was...

"Where did Twilight go?" I asked Pinkie. She looked around the room before answering.

"Huh. She's gone. I have no idea." She said, but I almost missed it because her deflated mane was blocking her face. I sighed again and turned to Nicholas.

"So, let me get this straight. You thought it would be a good idea to go on a damaged ROOF and pull out the source of the damage? Without help?!" I pretty much yelled. The crusaders flinched and sunk to the ground, the gravity of what happened finally sinking into their brains. Nicholas stood there with a poker face as I continued.

"And now look at what has happened! Ronin sitting in a bed with who knows what kind of injuries and who knows how long that will take to heal!" I finished as I rubbes my eyes, getting a headache from the stress. When I opened them, Nicholas rushed forward and pulled me into a big hug, bawling his eyes out. After a minute or two passed by, we heard the nurse clear her throat.

"As much as I would hate to break this up, I must inform you of his injuries and what treatment he is getting." she said and I nodded, allowing her to proceed. She stepped over to Ronin and pointed at his wings.

"The patient has suffered extreme damage to the area on his back that connects his wings to his shoulder blades. He was mostly injured in the area that connects to his central nervous system, therefore, not only will he be able to feel anything for a couple of days, he will also be sensitive to light and other things as well, hence the blindfold for when he wakes up." She finished as I spoke up.

"But he was wearing an exo-suit. Shouldn't that had protected him?" I asked as she shook her head.

"We noticed the exoskeleton when we were examining him. However, the skeleton formed around his body everywhere except the wings, so that means he got the wings after the exoskeleton was formed. Which causes the wings, and that area on his back, to be unprotected." She said as Nicholas hugged me tighter.

A cough came from the bed. "Well, that explains why I feel like crap." Ronin roughly croaked out.

Nicholas immediately went to hug him before being stopped by the nurse. "He is in no position to be getting hugs right now." She said as Ronin started laughing before coughing hard.

"Hey, Raiden or Nick? y'all there?" He asked.

"Yeah, we are both here with the crusaders and Nurse Redheart." I said as he smiled that cocky grin he always wears.

"Well, whoever that nurse is, tell her to ease up. I can't deal with that level of strictness this early in the morning." He said as Redheart sighed.

"Sir, I'd advise not talking so much, your likely to cause pain by doing so." She said but Ronins grin got wider.

"Don't worry about me, nurse! I'm tough as nails." He said with a smirk and Redheart face hoofed. He turned his head slightly. "Hey, Raiden. Send Nick over here." I pushed Nicholas over to Ronin, who raised a hand into the air towards us.

Nicholas took Ronins hand and squeezed it. Ronin smile disappeared. "Hey, don't go beating yourself up over what happened. You couldn't have known how bad it was and you had good intentions in mind." He said but Sweetiebelle butted in.

"But you got hurt!" She said and the crusaders agreed, tears going down their faces. Ronin got a frown on his face.

"Now, that's enough of that. I'm not dead, right? Then its no big deal. Now, your families must be worried sick about y'all after the accident, so do me a favor and go home and rest." He said and the girls nodded sadly. Ronin turned to Nicholas.

"Now, your not getting off the hook so easily. But for now, escort those three home." He smiled and Nicholas nodded as he and the crusaders left the room as Twilight entered.

"Oy, who just walked in?" Ronin said as Twilight stopped cold. I turned to him in shock.

"How did you know someone walked into the room?" I asked as Ronin snorted.

"I sensed new emotions coming into the room. Whoever it is does not like the sight of blood or gore, considering the levels of disgust I am getting from them." I turned to Twilight who had a sheepish look on her face.

"That's why I left earlier. I don't really do blood that well." She said as I rolled my eyes before turning to Redheart, who was currently looking at Ronin with a look of curiousity.

"You said he would be treated, how?" I asked her as she turned to me and dawned a serious face.

"We will be giving him a healing elixer every three hours until the bone structure in his wings can heal fully. This process might take a few days to complete, so he will be here for a while." As she finished that, Ronin groaned.

"I've got to stay here for several days! Nurse, you better be a fun pony to talk to." He said as I laughed at the remark while Redheart rolled her eyes again, this time smiling.

Before anything else could be said, Nurse Snowheart came galloping into the room. She turned and looked straight at Redheart. "Redheart, we need you three rooms down, there is a mare producing triplets and the docter got knocked out when the mother accidently bucked him!" She left quickly as Redheart sighed and turned to me.

"Well, duty calls. I would advise you and Twilight to allow Ronin to rest. I will contact Twilight or you if something happens." I nodded and said thanks as she ran out of the room. I turned to Ronin.

"Rest easy, bug boy." I said, getting a snort in response as we left the room. As we walked outside, I was knocked over by a black blur. I got up slowly with help from Twilight.

"What the heck was that?" I asked. Twilight looked towards the doors with slight unease.

"That was Chrysalis, and boy did she look mad." Twilight said as I dusted myself off. "That reminds me, how was Ronin able to sense my emotions? I thought that was something only changelings could do." She asked as I smiled.

"Well, you must be one oblivious mare, because Ronin and Chrysalis have been dating for a while now. And they are painfully obvious about it." I said with a shudder. "And during that process, she decided to make him a halfing." As I said that, her eyes went wide.

"He's a halfing!?" She exclaimed loudly, earning some stares. "That raises so many questions! Like why his DNA is compatible with Changeling DNA, or why Chrysalis would choose him...why did He decide to date Chrysalis anyway?" She finished with a question.

I shrugged and started walking back to the treehouse. "I have no clue, Sparkles, I have no clue." I looked around for a second and turned back to Twilight. "Wait a sec, wheres Pinkie Pie?"

************
Ronin POV
************

Ok, having a building fall on you sucks.

I mean, I'm in some random hospital in this silly little town with no vision, a back that feels like a jackhammer playing hopscotch, and a nurse with a dont mess with my patient attitude. The only thing that would make this worse would be an overeaction from-

"WHERE IS RONIN!?!" A loud voice commands from the hallway.

Here we go... I silently mutter as I sense Chrysalis walk into the room, with Nurse Red behind her, just as angry as she is.

"I don't care if your the queen of whatever you are, you will not disturb the patient while he is resting!" Nurse Red said as Chrysalis snorts in anger.

"No half-flank doctor is going to keep me from my mate. Especially if he has been injured." I hear her step up to the bed. "Ronin, who did this to you? Just give me name and I'll go find them right now!"

"Chrysi...." I groaned

"I'm serious! Once I find who did this to you, I shall dice them to bits and send them to tartarus as I feed on their fear!"

"Chrysi!!" I groaned louder, but to no avail.

"I mean it! No one hurts my mate and lives to tell the tale!"

"CHRYSALIS!!!!" I yell loudly, then get hit with an immediate coughing fit. I sense immediatr anger from Nurse Red and a mix of sadness and hurt from Chrysalis. "No one did this to me but my own self. I saved my brother and his obvious fillyfriend from a falling roof, and the dang thing collapsed on me!" I pause to recieve another coughing fit. "Tak was there, by the way, and he didn't come by earlier, so who knows what's going on in his head!" I say as finish through the hacking fit. I immediately feel hoofs wrap around me, to Nurse Reds ignored complaints. Chrysalis leans in and whispers in my ear.

"I'm sorry, Ronin. I've never had someone in my life that cares so much about me and others before. And when Tak told me you were hurt, I rushed over without another thought. I don't know what's gotten into me. I've never felt such a need to protect something before, not even my own hive holds this much influence on me." She finished as I felt a lone tear drop onto my cheek.

Doing the best I could with a blindfold, I grasped her cheek and pulled her into a kiss. Nothing serious, just a simple kiss to show affection. After pulling apart, I smiled.

"That means you care, Chrysi. And if you've never felt that before, then Im proud to be your first." I said with a smirk. I heard her groan and get up.

"Your sitting there injured and you still crack jokes like an idiot. Your lucky I love you, Ronin." She said as I heard her teleport. I heard Nurse Red sigh in relief.

"Finally, I can give you this, open up." She said as I complied, feeling the elixer go down my throat. It was sticky, like cough syrup, but tasted like berries.

"Thanks Nurse!" I say as I hear her leave the room. For a moment it's peaceful silence with no noise...

Until I hear a closet door swing open and a plop sound of a pony falling out of said closet. I hear slow clop sounds reach my bed. Even though I can't see anything, I can defenitely smell the intruder, and the pony smells like:

cupcakes... of course its her.

"Hey Ronin" I hear Pinkie whisper. "I know your probably asleep and all that, but I just wanted to apologize to you about the incident." Not wanting to give anything away, I slow my breathing and pretend I'm sleeping. "I just felt so bad about it, and I couldn't stand to see you get hurt." I hear a slight sniffle before she continues. "You see, your the first guy to ever treat me like a normal pony. I mean, my friends treat me normally, but even they sometimes keep their distance. But you never even bat an eye at any of my antics. You even call me party queen, and no one has ever said that to me before." I feel her get closer to my face. "I know your sleeping, but I just wanted to tell you I think your an amazing guy." I feel her kiss me on the lips slightly, just enough to taste the sweetness of her lips, then I hear her leave the room.

I sat there, her taste still on my lips, confused and sleepy and weirdly happy all at the same time. I groan slightly and stretch a bit.

I am so confused.

Author's Note:

Now Ronin is stuck in the hospital! and with pinkies confession, what will Ronin do now? And how has Nicholas and the crew been affected by this whole ordeal? answers next time, my fic-crazy ponies, and remember: LOVE AND TOLERATE!!!

PreviousChapters Next