• Published 4th Jan 2021
  • 3,654 Views, 968 Comments

Era of Harmony - Gambling_Sam



3 brothers find themselves in equestria, fate takes over from there.

  • ...
16
 968
 3,654

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 68: The return to Ponyville

*Ronin POV*

Walking out of the throne room, I found both of the changelings from before waiting for me standing at attention.

"Sir! Are you two alright?!" Shifter asked as he eyed the sleeping unicorn on my back. His face showed concern and, after hearing the hell that happened in the room behind me, I couldn't blame him.

I smiled and nodded. "We're fine...just a bit tired is all." I said as I felt Twilight nuzzle the back of my neck in her sleep. After her and my...bonding moment in the throne room Twilight had fell asleep from exhaustion, so I had picked her up and put her on my back.

"Your majesty, we felt a surge of love come from the room earlier...was that with her?" Anal asked me as I chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, it was. I found our last queen boys!" I said with a quiet cheer as to not wake Twilight. The changelings in front of me smiled wide and clapped their hooves for a couple seconds before Shifter turned to the outward doors.

"Congrats Sir, but we should get moving. The other Queens will likely wish to see you as soon as possible." He said as I felt my smile grow even wider.

"Looking forward to it." I said as they led me outside the castle and onto the battleground from earlier, where things looked waaay more tame than before.

All of the Meckon were either destroyed or had stopped moving. Many of the griffons who had stayed for the fight were either dead or were busy either getting aid from the horned changelings or burying the fallen.

As I walked out, a changeling drone spotted me and turned towards the crowd.

"He's Back!!!" The changeling yelled as I noticed over two hundred pairs of multicolored eyes facing me.

"Oh no." I muttered as I quickly put Twilight down on the ground just before a wave of changelings tackled me to the ground.

"My king! Your alright!"

"DAD!"

"You have so much love coming off of you!"

"You smell like lavender!"

I started laughing out loud as I began to randomly hug any changeling I could grab with my arms.

"Alright! Alright! I love you guys too! Now, where is Pinkie at?" I asked before losing the breath in my lungs thanks to said pony body slamming me pretty damn hard.

"Right here!!! Did'ja miss me Ronin!" She pretty much yelled at me in excitement, causing several changelings in earshot to wince. I grabbed her by her head and pulled her into a strong embrace, locking lips with her like I had never before.

"Pinkie...I missed you and the others like hell!" I said as I pulled away from her and stood up, though Pinkie latched herself to the front of my chest as her tail wrapped around my left leg.

"I know! Thankfully I was asleep for most of the time you were gone due to Chrysalis making me a half-ling so I could produce an egg but Chrysalis and Redheart must be soooo worried and-" I cut her off by putting a hand to her mouth.

"Wait wait wait, back up. Chrysalis did WHAT to you?!" I exclaimed, slightly pissed about that, considering I had told her not to change Pinkie.

Pinkie Pie shook her head though. "Yes, silly! But she had to or else our kid wouldn't have survived!" She said as I realized that Pinkie had mentioned an egg.

"So...there's some sort of egg cocoon thing waiting back in ponyville...and it's ours?" I asked her as she nodded while two familiar faces walked up to us.

"Is Grimbeak gone?" Grazier asked as he and Opal made their way through the changelings around us.

Turning to him, I nodded. "Yeah, we got rid of him. Did the Meckon stop attacking?"

Grazier sighed, a look of sorrow in his eyes. "Good, and the Meckon did stop...but we lost many in the process. If one of your marefriends and her backup hadn't shown up we would've been toast." He said as Opal looked over at Twilight as her eyes widened in shock.

"Heavens! What happened to her?" She yelled as she hobble walked over to Twilight and enveloped her in a magical aura to lift her up. She brushed a hoof over the horn stub before pulling back due to a wince of pain from the sleeping Twilight while I felt Pinkie grip me harder, no doubt worrying about her best friend.

"Grimbeak snapped her horn during the fight." I said as I walked over and grabbed Twilight, putting her back on my back where she immediately latched onto me as she stirred slightly before snoring peacefully. "Is it permanent?"

Opal brought a hoof to her chin as she thought about it for a second before she sighed. "I've never heard of a case that was permanent, but it all depends on how the horn was broken. The longer the piece that was chipped, the longer it will take to fully heal."

"So since her whole horn nearly got snapped, it's going to be a bit huh?" I said as she nodded in response. Pinkie seemed to realize I was talking to someone new and leaned backwards so her upside down head could face Opal.

"Hiya! I'm Pinkie Pie! Who are you?" She exclaimed happily as Opal blinked in suprise before shaking her head with a smile at the pink pony.

"My name is Opal, and you must be the element of laughter." She said as I leaned down towards Pinkies head.

"She's Redhearts mom." I whispered, causing the pink mare to immediately hop off me and get right up in Opals face.

"YOU ARE?! That's Splenderiffic!!!" She turned to Grazier, who had walked up Opal and laid a claw on her back as he looked at her in confusion. "And you must be the daddy! You've got to meet my family sometime!" She gasped. "Oh! We could have Heartswarming together!"

Grazier cleared his throat, making Pinkie stop her rambling. "As much as I'd like to talk family matters, there are some issue we need to discuss." He said as he looked to me. "First off, what are we going to do about Griffonstone, and Griffonia as a whole? We checked the dead Meckon, and found that the royal prince had been made into one of them, so now we have no heir to the throne."

I frowned as the realization of this place going without a ruler could be as bad as it was when Grimbeak was in charge. "But who could run this kingdom? We would need someone that is capable of being stern and hardheaded, considering Griffons are very rebellious and rough around the edges in nature. Someone like..." My eyes widened as I turned around and faced my changelings.

Wait a hot second...That's it!!!

I turned to Pinkie with a huge smile. "I think it's time we had that family visit, only instead of going to yours we're taking Opal and Grazier to ponyville!" I exclaimed as Opals eyes widened and Grazier squawked in shock.

"What?! Are you deaf boy? I just said that-" Before he could finish, Pinkie squee'd and pointed at the huge black hole that had appeared when her and the changeling helped us.

"OH! We can go through the portal! It will take us straight to Ponyville!" She said as Opal squinted at the portal before she gasped.

"Is that...a level nine portal? How in Fausts name did you make that?" She exclaimed, making me look to Pinkie with a wide eyes, though she just shrugged it off.

"Easy, silly. I had the changelings use their love and magic to do it. Then Chrysalis powered it up." She said as Opal tilted her head.

"Who's Chrysalis?" She asked as Grazier groaned.

"That's not the point! We need to focus on this kingdom, not a family vacation!" He exclaimed in anger as I rolled my eyes.

"Relax. There's someone in ponyville that can help Griffonia get back on its feet. Besides, you get to see your daughter again, so it's a win win." I said as I began to walk towards the portal as I motioned to the changelings who weren't healing griffons. "C'mon, let's head home!"

************
Raiden POV
************

"Raiden, why did thou bring us to this...eerie building when you should be in bed resting?" Luna said sharply as we stood in front of what once was an average two story house and was now a black colored hive.

By some insane miracle, I had managed to convince Luna that I was ok enough to leave the hospital. I couldn't blame her for attempting to keep me there after I was literally impaled, but there was too much going on for me to stay in bed. Once things settled though, THEN I'd be ok with with resting...as long as Luna was okay with playing Nurse while I got better.

What? A guy has his fetishes.

"Relax, babe, I'm fine." I said as I could've swore I saw a bird shine green before entering an open window of the hive. "Besides...I have this gut feeling I need to be here." I said as I walked up and knocked on the door.

After a moment, the door swung open and Chrysalis popped her head out.

"What the fuck do you-Oh, it's you two. Come in." She said, at first sounding slightly testy before sounding content with realizing we weren't random ponies. We followed her in as she began to walk towards some sort of hole in the wall.

"Where does that hole lead, Chrysalis?" Luna asked as the queen stopped mid-stride and turned back to us, clear exhaustion in her eyes.

Ronin is in another country right now and is quite possibly in danger...now wonder she looks like hell and has an attitude, she must be worried sick. I thought as Chrysalis answered her.

"It goes to the ponyville caverns." She said as she continued her walk into the cave as we followed, though Luna leaned her head over to me.

"I had no idea this town even had caves." Luna whispered as I shrugged.

"Probably didn't until the bugs moved in." I said jokingly, getting a swat on the ass by Lunas tail, making me yank it softly in turn and causing her to gasp.

"We are in someones...living space, Don't do that." She said with a blush as I chuckled. We followed the queen down the pathways and splitting paths until we got to some sort of room with a huge hole in it.

"What the heck is-" I started, but never got to say as Luna galloped over to the hole and looked in excitedly.

"We can't believe this! This is a trans-dimesional rift! And a level nine one at that!" She exclaimed with a giddy prance as she turned to us before she realized Chrysalis and I were watching, the former way less amused than I was. She blushed heavily while I shook my head with a smile.

"Never change Luna, never change." I said as I turned to Chrysalis. "Are you alright, Chrysalis? I heard about Ronin and-"

"He's alright, if your asking." She said suddenly, causing me to blink in suprise. "I can feel his presence as he begins to arrive from the portal."

I turned to the giant portal/hole and couldn't help but smile. "Sweet! Thank goodness he's ok...though that doesn't explain your mood." I said as I heard a sigh from behind us.

"She's pissed because Ronin decided on a new mare without us...which I can kind of understand if it wasn't for who the mare was." Redheart said as she came from the cavern we just entered from. She walked over to Chrysalis and gave her a quick nuzzle to her neck before turning to me. "We can feel the things he does, and when we felt a massive surge in love Chrysalis knew what had occured."

Chrysalis rolled her eyes. "Just because we know her doesn't mean she's worthy of the herd." She stated before Redheart flank-checked her.

"Oh hush, your just mad she caught onto your plan at the wedding." She gave me a sly smile. "She doesn't want to lose her spot as smartest in the herd."

Chrysalis glared at her. "One: I will ALWAYS be the smartest in our herd. And two: due to that remark your getting the left arm when we go to bed with Ronin." This caused Redheart to glare back at Chrysalis.

"What?! You KNOW he barely moves that arm when he's lying down! That's not fair!" She said as Luna and I shared a laugh.

"Your brother has quite the herd, doesn't he?" She chuckled as I nodded.

"Definitely. Man must be hard spent at night pleasing all three of them." I said as we heard a gargling sound come from the hole nearby, causing Redheart to smile big.

"Oh! I think they're coming!"

*************
Ronin POV
*************

Going through the portal was a weird feeling. Unlike normal teleportation, which was nearly instantaneous and barely affected my body, this felt like I was being condensed into a small ball and being rolled down a bowling lane. The only thing I could see for almost a minute was just green light.

Thankfully, it didn't last too long as I found myself on solid terra firma in what looked like the hive cavern under Ponyville. More flashes to my left and right showed Pinkie, Grazier, and Opal warping in as well as the hole behind us began to glow extra bright.

Reaffirming my grip on Twilight, I ducked low. "GET DOWN!" I yelled out, causing everyone to duck as all the changelings swarmed out of the portal at once and flew through the cavern exit nearby.

Standing up and looking around, I realized I wasn't alone as I spotted both my brother and Luna standing off to the side along with my fellow herdmates Redheart and Chrysalis.

"We're baaaaaack!" Pinkie exclaimed as she ran up to Redheart and Chrysalis and gave them a quick hug before she pulled Redheart over to her parents, who were staring at her in suprise. "And look who we brought!"

Redhearts mouth slowly opened wide as a tear or two began to appear in her eyes. "M-Mom? Dad?"

Opal smiled weakly, suprising me by the fact she had her own eyes watered up as well as she pulled Redheart into a hug with her magic.

"Oh, my dear Ruby!" She exclaimed as Grazier picked them up in a strong hug and spun them around with a laugh while Raiden and Luna walked over to me.

"Hey, brother! Long time no-WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO TWILIGHTS HORN?!" Raiden exclaimed as Luna gasped before she glared daggers at me.

"Explain this, Ronin." She said as I sighed.

"Twilight helped me wipe put Grimbeak, but she lost her horn in the process. Opal says she will get it back in due time though." I said as Raiden shook his head while Luna sighed.

"Tis a unfortunate event indeed, for a unicorn to lose their ability to use magic for any given time. At least thou will be there for her." She said as she turned slightly. "Put her on my back and let me carry her for now."

I nodded and did so, making sure she was hanging over Luna carefully while Pinkie went over and gave Twilights head a soft hug. I turned to Raiden and gave him a big old hug which he returned in kind.

"How were things over here?" I whispered as he chuckled.

"Almost died, but Nicholas saved the day. You?" He whispered back as I laughed.

"Same stakes, similar turnout." I said as I noticed Chrysalis had been standing off to the side this whole time just staring at me with a neutral expression. I released my brother from his hug and walked over to her, stopping inches from her face.

"Ronin." She said plainly, though her tail was wagging a bit at my approach.

"Chrysalis." I returned fire as my heart began to race at the sight of her.

For a moment, no one moved. Everyone had stopped to watch us, wondering who would make a move first.

"You almost died over there, didn't you?" She asked, a hint of ice in her tone.

"Yeah, but for us what else is new? Besides, I got you a kingdom to rule as a gift so it works out." I responded, noticing her eyes start to glimmer, though I could feel both shock, anger, and love coming from her.

She moved her head slightly. "And what of Twilight?" She asked as I sighed.

"She...helped a lot over there and we we ended up bonding. I know yall said you girls had to accept the last mare into the herd and you three can still do that but do know I'm going to fight it tooth and nail if you refuse her." I told her as she sighed, showing off a fanged smile.

"Believe me, there will be an interrogation." She said before she gave me a sultry gaze that made my knees go weak. "But for now, Mama wants her meal."

Like opposite ends of a magnet, we slammed into each other at warp speed. The kiss was passionate and I wrapped my arms around her and spun her around, dipping her low to the ground as I felt our tongues intertwine with each other while Chrysalis's moans echoed in my throat as I found my hands slowly drifting lower down her-

*AHEM*

Breaking the kiss and looking up, I realized everyone was watching our rather intimate activity. Luna and Opal were both blushing heavily while Raiden and Grazier both looked like they were very uncomfortable suddenly. Redheart and Pinkie were both simply smiling while the former was rolling her eyes.

Getting up quickly and catching my breath I turned to Grazier.

"This is Chrysalis, my first herdmate and the person I spoke of when you mentioned Griffonia. She's a queen without a kingdom and honestly she's better suited for this job than most." I said as Chrysalis tilted her head.

"What do you mean job?" She said as Grazier approached her and looked her in the eyes, making me realize Chrysalis stood above him by a couple inches.

"Griffonia has no ruler, and without one I fear for my country and its prosperity. How would you manage to get a kingdom full of selfish idiots to stand together and save the country?" Ha asked her as Chrysalis blinked in suprise before she gave Grazier a wicked grin.

"Why, with two sorts of motivation of course. Either payment or punishment, anything else would go over their heads." She said as Grazier chuckled softly and turned to me.

"She sounds good for the job, but we'd have the issue of having a non griffon on the throne. Our kind is mighty prideful after all."

I rolled my eyes. "Then we make them accept it. Griffonia ain't Equestria and I sure as he'll ain't letting it be run like it. We're doing this the hard way." I said as Chrysalis nuzzled my cheek.

"You sound so sexy when your being maniacal you know that?" She said, causing me to cough slightly as I felt my face heat up while Redheart stepped forward.

"As much of a suprise...any of this is...can we take this upstairs? I feel like this sort of thing shouldn't be discussed in a cave." She said as everyone agreed and we began to move out of the dark corridor.

*****************
Minutes Later/Raiden POV
*****************

"Your telling me you want Chrysalis to rule Griffonia since Grimbeak is gone? What about the hive here?" Redheart said from her spot beside Pinkie on one of the couches as we had began discussing the whole events that had happened while I was out and Ronin was in Griffonia in the living room of Ronins house. Hearing what they had gone through was insane, but when they told us Tarus had showed his head again Luna, who was sitting next to me on the couch, had went rigid and needed to be relaxed by yours truly before Ronin could continue.

Now, however, they were talking about Chrysalis and her potential new position as Queen of Griffonia...and how that might affect Ronins herd.

Ronin sighed. "We have the portal to Griffonia we can use anytime. She can work there and then come back here whenever she wants. It's not like she's gonna be out of reach."

Redheart frowned and nodded. "...I know, I'm just worried is all. So much has happened, and we don't need anything else potentially ripping our herd apart." She said as Pinkie gave her a big hug.

"Like we'd ever let anything dumb like that happen to us!!!" She cheered as Grazier turned to Ronin from his seat on a couch with Opal, who was laying on his feathered chest.

"So, these two females are your other herdmates?" He asked as Ronin nodded in confirmation. "How interesting. I can't say you don't know how to pick them, boy."

Opal spoke up before Ronin could say anything to that. "And we're so glad that our dear Ruby could find such a unique herd! Faust forbid she join a herd that makes her a broodmare just because she's an earth pony!" She exclaimed as Chrysalis, who was sitting on Ronin as he sat on a chair, snickered.

"Ruby, huh?" She said, causing Redheart to blush and cover her face.

"Moooooooom!" She whined as we all laughed for a while at that before Luna spoke up.

"We are glad to see such bonds between them as well. Especially since there once was a time where both Ronin and Chrysalis were enemies of the state." She said, causing Opal to turn to the two sharply.

"Really?!" Opal said with a smirk as Ronin grimaced while Chrysalis smiled smugly.

"I crashed a national wedding, and he helped me do it." She proclaimed as Ronin groaned.

"I'm never gonna live that stupid day down, huh." He said as more laughs ensued before the front door swung open and three familiar faces ran in.

"Tak? Where have you been?" Chrysalis stated as he, Axel, and little Scootaloo came in with clear worry on their faces.

"Later! Something really bad has happened." Axel said as Celestia walked into the room, causing several reactions.

"Your majesty!" Opal stated as her and Grazier bowed to her. Ronin and Chrysalis stood immediately, Ronin having a combination of suprise and regret on his face while Chrysalis just seemed annoyed. Pinkie and Redheart bowed as well, though both did it slightly and not as deep as the newcomers.

"Sister, what is the matter?" Luna asked Celestia as the sun goddess stepped out of the doorway and let someone else walk in.

When the person behind her walked in, I felt my heart skip a beat while I saw Ronin begin to shake slightly. The man looked from me to him for a second before he sighed.

"Lads...I wish this could've been under better circumstances, but nows not the time for catching up." Callobrim...our grandfather said as he looked me in the eyes, none of the light from my dream or my memories remaining in them as he stared me down, only a husk of whatever he used to be.

"Nicholas and his marefriends have been kidnapped...and I fear it's all my fault."

Author's Note:

TADA! Another chapter has appeared! To be fair, I fully believe Chrysalis could be capable of ruling Griffonia...under the right circumstances.

Now however, the two brothers now finally see Callobrim in person. How will they react?

Stay tuned, yall! (p.s: I honestly can't believe all of the support I've gotten for this story. Thanks to everyone who has read/commented so far! Yall really do make my day!)

PreviousChapters Next