• Published 4th Jan 2021
  • 3,649 Views, 968 Comments

Era of Harmony - Gambling_Sam



3 brothers find themselves in equestria, fate takes over from there.

  • ...
16
 968
 3,649

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 38: Changeling hearts and the bad kind of brain freeze

*Nicholas POV*

I was currently under the gaze of the apparant father of Diamond Tiara, and to be honest he wasn't looking too happy.

"Excuse me, but who are you? I don't recall ever seeing you in ponyville before yet you seem to be close with my daughter." He said with a tone that dripped with wealthy arrogance. Before I could answer, Diamond jumped off me and smiled at her father.

"Daddy, this is Nick! I told you about him. He's the one who doesn't let the others at school be mean to me." She said as she walked over to me and nuzzled my face. "He's a really nice colt, daddy."

The stallion sighed before smiling at us. "My apologies. I didn't know you were the young colt my daughter spoke of so much. Though I'm not sure colt is the right word for you, is it?" He asked as I stood up.

"If colt means boy, then yes. But my kind are called humans, and it's a pleasure to meet you, sir." I stuck out my hand, which he shook with a small smile on his face.

"You have manners, which is a good start. But it is getting late, why don't you come over to our home tomorrow afternoon so we could get to know the boy who charmed my dearest daughters heart better." He said as I nodded.

"That would be great, thanks sir." With that, I gave Diamond Tiara a goodbye hug, (Definitely wasn't kissing her with her dad watching) grabbed my briefcase and made my way back home to rest before tomorrow.

*****************
Ronin POV/next morning
*****************

I awoke with the extreme urge to use the bathroom. However, I was currently underneath both Chrysalid and Pinkie on the bed.

Great...how am I gonna do this? I thought to myself.

You could just teleport out of the bed. Melfesia said with a sigh.

Oh.

After teleporting out and slamming my back on the ground (teleporting while being horizontal...not a good idea) I walked into the bathroom quickly to relieve myself.

As I was doing so, I heard a faint buzzing above me. At first, I thought it was simply my imagination. but when it didn't go away, I looked up after flushing the toilet...

And was met with a changeling looking down at me with a tilted head and a smile.

"Good morning, my king." It said as my eyes widened.

*************
Raiden POV
*************

With a yawn, I woke up to find myself pinned by something. Barely being awake, I tried to push it off me, which led to whatever it was clinging to my waist and muttering something.

At that moment, my mind kicked into full gear as I realized it was Luna who was sleeping on top of me. I sighed and looked down at her sleeping face.

Dang, she looks so peaceful right now. I thought as I thought back to all the other times I had seen her. every time, she had this look about her that basically screamed "I have been through many things." But now, none of that was present, just a sleeping princess at peace.

"CHRYSALIS!!!!"

Ok, that sounded like Ronin. And he sounded mad! Luna awoke with a jolt and looked to me with a confused expression.

"How long have we rested here? And who was the source of all that yelling?" She asked rapid fire. I snorted and rubbed her head.

"We ended up sleeping here, and I think a certain queen just ticked off my brother." I said as Luna giggled before standing up, looking off in the distance with worry on her face

"An act most would not wish to do, I'm sure. But I must head back to Canterlot, I sense that my sister is not well. I wonder if something happened between her and your brother." She said as I recalled how mad Ronin was yesterday.

I sighed and shrugged. "Honestly, I have no idea. I hope not, they seemed to enjoy each others presence at the party." I said as Luna smiled before flaring her wings.

"Indeed. It's not often when a being can woo our sister." With that, Luna took flight and flew off after making a circle around me.

As she flew off, I noticed a blue feather in my left hand. Did she place that there? how? I thought as I pocketed the feather and walked back to town.

************
Ronin POV
************

After waking Chrysalis and Pinkie up, the latter waaay more cheerful about said wake up call, I brought them into the living room and pointed at the changeling sitting in the middle of the room.

"Explain." I said sternly as Chrysalis gave me a look.

"Thats a changeling. I thought you knew what we looked like?" She said, sarcasm deep in her voice as Pinkie walked up to the changeling and got in its face.

"Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie! What's your name? Did Chrysalis make you? Did she give you an name?" Pinke asked as the changeling immediately went and hid behind my legs and hissed at Pinkie.

"Stay away from me, demon pony!" It growled as I raised an eyebrow at Chrysalis.

"You had said they came with complications. What would those be again?" I asked as Pinkie started chasing the changeling around.

"Usually, drones are part of the hive mind. However, every drone I have made from your love have had their own minds and ability to act without orders." She said as the changeling flew up and landed on the roof and stuck its tongue out at Pinkie Pie.

"So, these drones have the ability to think for themselves...what's wrong with that?" I asked as Pinkie pulled suction cups from underneath a couch in the living room and attached them to her hooves.

"Drones are made purely to follow the queens orders. They have no mind so there is no chance of rebellion or questioning of said orders." Chrysalis remarked as Pinkie started walking up the wall, causing the changelings eyes to widen in fear before it flew down and hid behind me again.

"Maybe that's why it was so easy for Dadiolus to infiltrate y'all before. Without proper orders, they would not know that dadiolus was an enemy to you since you had no idea he existed until after he attacked in Canterlot." I said as I looked down at the changeling and picked him up, the little guy almost immediately balled up and cooed.

"They also do not do that." Chrysalis said as I smiled and booped the little guy on the nose before looking at her.

"Well, you made them from my love, right? Maybe that's why they don't become drones." I stated as Chrysalis frowned from thought.

"Hmm...that would only occur if the love I drained was strong enough to induce an evolution to their design. But that much love is almost impossible to obtain! I have only tasted it from that fool from the wedding last month and he was madly in love with his wife to produce that much..." Chrysalis trailed off as a blush came to her face while Pinkie giggled from above.

"Aww, I didn't know you could blush, Chrysalis." She said as she dropped down and looked around. "You were gone for three days, though. So shouldn't there be more changelings?" Pinkie asked as I blinked and looked to Chrysalis, who sighed.

"They are underneath the house in the caves I made." With that, she used her magic on a wall nearby. For a second the shimmered before it became a cave opening. Chrysalis turned back to us and smiled. "This house is now magically connected to the cave system underneath it. Follow me." She walked into the cave with Pinkie and I close behind.

Chrysalis led us into a bigger room that seemed to branch off into smaller caverns. There were three other changelings sitting in a circle conversing until they spotted us. The immediately flew in front of me and bowed deeply. The one in my arms dropped down and lined up with the other three, doing the same.

"Rise and sound off to your future king!" Chrysalis ordered. The changelings stood up rigid and alert.

"My liege, drone 34564 at your service." A changeling with yellow eyes barked proudly with a feminine voice.

"Drone 34565 is ready to roll!" A orange eyed changeling proclaimed with bravado.

A white eyed changeling spoke quietly next, reminding me of fluttershy. "Drone 34566...At the ready."

The changeling from before grinned big and stared at me with red eyes. "Drone 34567 checking in loud and clear!"

"Pinkie Pie, reporting for duty!" Pinkie said with a mock salute after managing to stand next to the red eyed changeling without anyone knowing , causing all four of them to jump back in shock.

I motioned for them to look at me while Chrysalis pulled a giggling Pinkie away from the group with a sigh. "Alright, those numbers y'all are using as names...they ain't gonna cut it." I said as I recieved four confused looks.

"What shall our names be then, Sire? Drones usually don't have actual designations." The yellow one said as the other three nodded in unison. I thought about it for a second before smiling.

I pointed to the yellow one. "Your new names are as follows. You are Larxene."

I turned my finger to the white eyed changeling, who flinched a bit at my finger being pointed at him. "You are now Zexion." He smiled a bit at that.

My gaze and finger went to the orange eyed changeling. "I shall name you Roxas." He cheesed at the name, clearly proud of being named by his king.

I turned to the red one, a big smile on my face. "You were the first to meet me, so i saved you for last. Your new name is now Axel." I said proudly. The four newly branded changelings turned to each other and started conversing as Chrysalid walked up to me.

"Drones getting names is not how the hive works!" She hissed in my ear as I turned to her and smirked.

"That may be so, but those four obviously don't fit the criteria for drones." I stated as Chrysalis thought about that before frowning.

"Then what shall we do with them?" She asked as Pinkie Pie spoke up.

"Why don't they work as your royal guard, Chrissy? You are a queen, after all." She said as Chrysalis frowned at the nickname while I smiled big and turned to the group, who immediately faced me.

"All right, you four. As of right now, you four are the first in our royal guard." I said as the four all shared looks of shock and awe. "Your job is to protect this cave and the house above it when no one is here. And you are to also protect your queen when I say so, even if she refuses. Understood." They nodded, but I wasn't having that.

"I couldn't hear your heads nod, so whenever I give an order, you shall respond as follows." I took a deep breath and let out a loud "HOOAH!" before smiling at the four and nodding.

All four of them took a breath and responded loudly:

HOOAH!

"There we go!" I yelled with joy while Pinkie clapped and Chrysalis smiled at my antics. I turned to the two and nodded.

"This right here is how we rebuild the changeling hive. Not with drones or soldiers that have no mind of their own or follow loosely given orders, but with a strong people who unite under their queen for the better of changeling kind." I said as Pinkie suddenly pulled out a clock and gasped.

"Oh no! I'm going to be late for the train!" She said as she hugged me and Chrysalis before zooming out of the cavern. Train..to where? I thought as I realized I should be at the farm right now.

"Crap, I have to go too." I said, turning to Chrysalis who rolled her eyes.

"Fine then, leave me with the newfound guard you just made." She said with mock disdain as I laughed and kissed her before jogging out of the cavern. Chrysalis turned to the four new guards, who were now arguing with each other about who had a better name and cleared her throat.

"Stop with the needless bickering, you have much to learn if you are to serve me accordingly." She said as she turned and led them out of the cavern. "Seriously, they act like a bunch of nobodies or something." she mutters under her breath.

**************
Nicholas POV
**************

I had awoken pretty late due to their being no school today. Apparently, had some kind of parasprite issue, something they said had happened before. Whatever they were, they damaged the school bad enough to where we were given a free day.

Which is why I found myself in an argument with Tak about food while walking through town.

"How could you not at least try some food?" I asked him as he frowned and shook his head.

"I recieve all of my sustenance from the excess love of others, why do I need actual food?" He said as I face-palmed.

"Because its absolutely delicious." I said. "What does love even taste like anyway?"

"Well, it varies with the love. Parental Love I get from Ronin is kinda tart, meanwhile love I get from Scootaloo is sweet." He said as we approached the carousel boutique.

"Why do you need to come by here again? I don't recall you ever wearing anything?" I said as Tak smiled wistfully as we walked inside the shop.

"With the talent show coming up in a couple of days, I am in need of an outfit made to look sharp." He told me as we sat on a couch waiting for Rarity to show herself.

"Talent show? When did that become a thing?" I asked him while looking around the shop. The place was suprisingly empty yet there were fashion supplies strewn about, as if Rarity had to leave quickly or something.

"We were informed of it the day you stormed off the school grounds. Considering your newfound talent for music, you should participate." He said as I smiled at the idea. My first legitimate gig...

"Sounds like a good idea, but what would you be doing?" I asked him as a blush appeared on his face and he looked away shyly.

"I will be asking Scootaloo to participate in the Dervelka."

I blinked and probably looked very confused. "Uhh, the what?" I asked.

He turned back to me and smiled. "The Dervelka is a dance a changeling prince performs when he has chosen his mate." He sighs heartily. "To do so is the dream of any prince of my people." He suddenly gets a look of nervousness on his face. "Do you think she will perform it with me?"

I smile and pat him on the back. "I don't know much about your traditions, but I'm sure Scootaloo would love to do that with you." I said, earning a smile from my friend.

"Nicholas? Tak? what are you doing here?" Sweetiebelle called out ad she came downstairs. We turned to her and I responded.

"We were looking for Rarity, have you seen her?" I asked Sweetiebelle, but she frowned and shook her head.

"My sister had to leave with her friends to go somewhere up north. Apparently Twilight has some sort of test or something and they are going along to help her." She said as Tak frowned.

"Hmm...this complicates things." He said as I felt a weird feeling in my head.

cold.....so cold....

"AGH!!!" I yelled out as images of snowy mountains engulfed my eyesight, my head throbbing in pain. I felt myself fall to the ground.

cold....so cold....help.....me...

"Nicholas!" a faint voice that may have belonged to Sweetiebelle called out as the images got clearer. I felt something grab a hold of me and shake me softly.

I'm....so....cold....please...help.

In an instant, the pain, the images, the voice all disappeared. I blinked as my vision returned to normal, coming face to face with Tak and Sweetiebelle.

"Nicholas, are you ok?" Sweetiebelle asked as she hugged me.

"I am now...that was odd." I said as Tak frowned after his horn glowed for a second.

"That is strange...I'm detecting a strong magical surge located around your brain, but there's nothing nearby that could do that to you." He said as Sweetiebelle released me and frowned.

"What happened to you?" She asked as I stood up.

"I'm not sure...I saw these flashes of a snowy mountain, and I had this headache." I looked to them. "Did either of you hear a voice?"

They both shook their heads. I sighed and turned towards the door.

"Well, for now, lets keep this to ourselves. If this turns out to be nothing, then we dont need to cause a panic." I said as I walked out the store.

What was that place? And that voice...it sounded so hurt. What could all that had meant?

***************
Raiden POV
***************

I stood outside the library, hesitant on walking in.

After what happened with Twilight yesterday, how do I even begin to talk to her? I sighed and took a deep breath. C'mon, Raiden. Stop being a wimp about this. Just talk to her. It'll be fine. I went and opened the door.

To find the place completely empty.

"Twilight? Spike?" I called out as an owl flew down and placed a letter on the floor in front of me.

I bent down and faced him. "Is this for me?" I asked him as he 'hooed' and flew off. I picked up the letter and read it.

Dear Raiden,

The girls and I are leaving for the crystal empire as part of a test Celestia has given me. I have to assist brother and Cadence in restoring the Empire back to its former glory. We should be back by tomorrow at the latest.

p.s: I understand why you didn't fully answer me yesterday, but we can talk about that when I get back.

Your...friend, Twilight Sparkle.

A test? Empire? Well, as long as there is no death stars involved, there should be no reason to worry. I sat down on the couch and relaxed.

I mean, its just a test from Celestia. It's not like it could be potentially dangerous or endanger her and her friends...

Right?

Author's Note:

Welp, Nicholas has a voice in his head now. That's totally normal. We also get introduced to the first of the new changeling generation, these ones seem more..complete than the drones that came before.

As for Raiden...what shall he do with Twilight? Find out next time, my fic-crazy ponies and remember: LOVE AND TOLERATE!

p.s: for those who recognize the changeling 4 names, I am not sorry.

PreviousChapters Next