• Published 4th Jan 2021
  • 3,654 Views, 968 Comments

Era of Harmony - Gambling_Sam



3 brothers find themselves in equestria, fate takes over from there.

  • ...
16
 968
 3,654

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 41: Echoes of an old era (Raidens awakening)

*Raiden POV*

I awoke with the feeling of something heavy on my chest. I opened my eyes and noticed Luna was on top of me, though I could barely see her due to the room being dark.

Must be almost night time then, if there is no light coming through the windows. Feeling the urge to use the bathroom, I rolled Luna off me, suprisingly an easy task, and walked towards the bathroom. I heard what sounded like claws hitting the ground with each step I took but thought nothing of it as I walked into the bathroom and took a glance at the mirror...

And froze at the sight I saw. I rushed to the wall mounted mirror in shock as I noticed a white lizard looking thing staring back at me through the mirror with those same sapphire eyes I had.

Wait a second... I thought as I looked at myself, my tired state finally disappearing, allowing me to see myself clearly.

Somehow, I had transformed into what looked like a dragon! I had pure white scales that had blue tips on them. I had claws that looked to be almost hand length in size and looked razor sharp. Instead of my normal hair color I had before, I now at a spiky light blue hair that had white tips at the end of it that went down my head and neck.

Odd part was, I was about the same height I was before. You'd think that if someone would become a dragon, they'd be bigger than before.

"Raiden? Are thou in the bath-" I heard Luna start to say, but stop as she spotted the white dragon now in her bathroom. Her horn lit up immediately as she dawned a face of anger.

"Where is our mate, lizard!" She spat as I took a step back. "What have thou done with him?"

"Luna! It's me, Raiden!" I said loudly, all the while ducking underneath a blast of magic from Luna.

"Raiden is no dragon, cur!" She roared as she sent another blast at me, this one knocked me into the shower wall and causing me to slump down into a sitting position.

I coughed a bit before recovering and looking up at her. "Luna it's me, I swear!"

She growled, but didn't shoot me again. "If thou are truly my lover, then tell me something he would know."

I thought for a second until I smirked. "Your choices on the breakfast menu are dry and need to be removed as soon as possible."

She stomped her hoof. "Our pancakes are not dry! Our sister simply has to taste buds!" Her eyes widened as I smiled at her reaction before grunting in pain as she tackled me in a big hug. "Raiden! We are so sorry! We didn't know that thou could change your form." She pulled away and looked me over, blushing slightly. "We have no complaints, though."

I sighed and smiled. "I have no idea how I became like this. I just woke up looking like this." I stood up as Luna got up and frowned in thought for a second before her eyes widened.

"Raiden, have thou consumed any dragons blood in the past?" She asked me as I frowned.

"About a month ago as a backup plan if we needed to fight Ronin, why?" I asked as she walked out of the room, causing me to follow her as she pulled a book from a bookcase next to her bed and opened it to a page that had an image that looked like...

"Hey, that's the thing Celestia made for me." I said, pointing a claw at the bottle image. Luna groaned and closed the book.

"That's what we were afraid of." She said as I raised an eyebrow.

"Uh...afraid of what, exactly?" I asked as Luna frowned and looked away.

"When an Alicorn chooses a mate and bonds with them, they send their magic through the very soul of that being, amplifying the magic currently present. If thou was a unicorn, your spellpower would be strengthened. If thou was a pegasus, you could control the winds like they were paper."

"What about earth ponies? they don't have any magic." I said, but Luna shook her head.

"Not true, Raiden. Earth ponies have the ability to feel matter and the earth beneath them. It is how farmers can tell when their crops are ready, or how doctors that are earth ponies know what is wrong with their patients." She stated as I nodded at the new information.

"Well, what about me? I didn't even have any magic until I drank that potion." I said as Luna frowned at that.

"Once again, that cannot be true. In order for that potion to work, thou must have a magical core." She said as I walked onto the balcony.

"But humans don't have magic. If I have a magic core..." I started, unsure how I could have such a thing.

"Then thou hath a relative that originates from this world, or has been in contact woth this world at some point." Luna said as she walked up and stood next to me.

"Well, my parents didn't have any magic at all. I never met my grandmother, and grandpa Brim was-"

"Grandpa Brim?" Luna exclaimed, cutting me off. I looked to her, confused.

"Um...yeah." I said, noticing her disposition was very frantic as she grabbed an older book with her magic and brought it over. She opened it and pointed to a man in golden armour.

"Does thou recognize him?" She said as I looked at the man and nearly fell off the balcony with shock.

He looked like a younger version of my grandfather. And he was standing beside Celestia and Luna with a hispanic-looking bald guy and woman that was holding the bald guys arm.

"Hold up...So your saying that my grandfather was the same guy as this callobrim dude?" I stated as Luna nodded, albeit sadly.

"Indeed. Callobrim, after defeating Dadiolus, came to help Celestia in stopping us while we were nightmare moon." I heard her breath hitch slightly. "During the event, before Celestia could banish us, we hit Callobrim with a spell that would've killed him." She turned back to me, a face of regret on her. "Instead, it seems that we banished him to your world, never to return."

I pulled her into a deep embrace, being careful not to claw her by accident as she nuzzled my chest with quiet sobs coming from her. "Hey hey hey, it's ok. Think about this, if you would've never done that, my brothers and I would've never arrived in the first place." She looked up at that and smiled weakly before kissing me briefly.

"Thank you, my love." She said as she took a step back and sighed. "The potion my sister made for you has a nasty side effect on ponies. It tends to give them dragon-like personalities for an indefinite time. But with you, it seems to have forced a form change in response to your magic core."

I looked at my claws before looking up at her. "Can this be reversed? Or am I stuck as a dragon?" I asked as Luna looked away towards the city.

"We do not know, but my sister might. Let us go find her." She said as I followed her out the room.

************
Minutes later
************

"Halt, Dragon!" A guard yelled at me as we were walking in the hallway towards Celestias room. We had to take a moment for Luna to raise the moon, but were quickly stopped by a pair of guards who apparently thought I was a bad guy.

"What is the meaning of this?" Luna exclaimed.

"Princess, do you not see the dangerous dragon beside you? He is a threat to your safety!" One guard said as another pointed a spear at me. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the spear by the point and shattered it with my claws.

"Boys, if i was going to hurt my mate, why would I do it here where there would be witnesses." I let what I said sink in and suppressed a snort at their suprised looks.

"H-Her mate?" One said, looking a bit pale.

The other immediately fainted as he realized how bad the situation was.

"Would y'all sorry excuses fer guards leave the princess and her suitor alone before ah tan both yer hides for treason!" I heard a southern voice call out with authority as the guard that was still conscious picked up his comrade with his magic and pulled him down the hall. Luna and I turned to see a mare dawned in full black and blue armour walking towards us. Her mane was a blinding blond and looked to be in a ponytail as it sticked out the helmet she wore a little. As she stopped in front of us to salute a now smiling Luna, I noticed this mare was big, and not in a fat way, more like a I-can-kill-you-with-a-flick-of-my-hoof sort of way.

"Princess, I apologize for my subordinates poor behavior to your guest." She stated as Luna nodded.

"No apology needed, Captain Bellflower." Luna said, allowing the mare to relax her salute.

"Ah disagree, princess. If this dragon would've been a diplomat of the dragon kingdom, we might've had a war on the horizon." She said as she turned to me. "If you don't mind me asking, who is he?"

Luna laughed slightly as she wrapped a wing around me. "This is Raiden. Due to a magical mishap, he is now in the shape of a dragon. But dragon or human, he is my lover regardless." She said as she nuzzled my cheel while I ran a clawed hand through her hair.

Bellflower sighed. "Believe me, princess. ah know. Ya alerted the whole castle to yer newfound consort by the racket y'all were making." She said as Luna blished and I blinked in suprise. Surely we wasn't that loud...

Bellflower turned back to me. "Yer living in ponyville, right?" She asked me, which I nodded. "How is sweet apple acres holding up?" I raised an eyebrow, but answered.

"Uh, its doing well I guess...but why would you want to know that?" I asked as Luna leaned next to me and whispered.

"Captain Bellflower is the mother of Applejack and her siblings." She said as I looked to the captain with shock.

That explains Big Mac, then. I thought as I extended a hand to her. "My names Raiden." She smiled at that and grabbed my hand...

before shaking it VERY enthusiastically. As she let go, I had to blow my hand to keep the pain away.

"Names Bellflower Apple. But you may call me captain." She said as I nodded.

"Captain, would you happen to know if our sister is in her room?" Luna asked as Bellflower frowned.

"That's what ah wished to speak tah ya about, princess. Princess Celestia left the castle quickly after spending several hours in her room. Any guard or noblepony that attempted to speak with her ended up being snapped at or threatened with an execution." She said as my eyes widened and Luna frowned deeply.

"Tis not like our sister to treat her ponies in such a way." She turned to me. "Could Ronin had hurt her so badly?"

I shook my head. "Ronin is many things, a heartless punk is not one of them. He might've turned her down or something, but he wouldn't shatter her heart or anything." I turned to Bellflower. "Did she say where she was going?"

Bellflower shook her head. "The only thing she did was inform a guard that she not be back until later tomorrow. She said she was going on a manhunt or something." She said as my eyes widened.

Ronin!

I turned to Luna. "We need to get to ponyville, now!"

Luna shook her head. "But what about your...predicament?" She said, motioning towards my body.

"No time! Celestia is currently hunting my brother, and I'm not letting it happen. Now c'mon!" I grabbed her hoof and pulled her down a hallway that led to her room.

If we can make it to the mirror and pop over to ponyville, we may beat Celestia there. I thought as we turned a corner, nearly bowling over a guard and a maid that were making out. We rushed into the room and I dove through the mirror, landing in Twilights house on the other side. Luna walked through the mirror and looked to me.

"Where would my sister be?" She asked me as I frowned.

"No idea, but we have to find Ronin before she does." I said, fearing the worst if we didnt find Ronin in time.

Author's Note:

Well well well, drinking dragon blood without thoroughly studying the after effects can do that do you. Now, with the two of them looking for Celestia (who is romping with Ronin right about now) what will happen next?

And how did Nicholas's meeting with the riches go?! next time, my fic crazy ponies!

oh, if you want a good story to read, read this: The path of heart by max ksenofil. Its a good story made by my Russian friend. he may have an writing style that is unusual to some, but his work is high quality and flows really well.

PreviousChapters Next