• Published 4th Jan 2021
  • 3,654 Views, 968 Comments

Era of Harmony - Gambling_Sam



3 brothers find themselves in equestria, fate takes over from there.

  • ...
16
 968
 3,654

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 10: Call of the spellweaver

*Nicholas POV*

When I had went down those stairs to the sight of not only the princess of the kingdom, but my brother Raiden as well, I thought today was going to be amazing!

Not even close...

"WHAT!!! Ronin would never do that!" I yelled in shock as Raiden had told me what had happened last night. Raiden looked at me with a sigh as the princess was quietly conversing with twilight. Fluttershy had her wing around me in a soft embrace, calming my nerves.

"I mean, yeah, he can be stubborn sometimes." I continued, remembering all the times Ronin had argued with a stranger or teacher about menial things. "But he's not evil!" At this, princess Celestia looked towards me with a sad smile.

"It warms my heart to hear such faith in someone, but I believe I may know what would cause him to act this way." Everyone turned towards her.

"What would cause somepony to be so violent, princess?" Twilight asked her. Celestia suddenly dawned a more serious face.

"He is either under the queens control, or he has completely sided with them." She said as Twilight eyes widened. She had been sent a letter last night about the incident and had immediately came to Fluttershy's to meet up with the princess. And after learning that the other human had been able to match her brother in combat, even though he was captain of the royal gaurd, she was worried.

"But who would side with them, from what you told me, they seem to be a crude species that steals love and destroys countries." Raiden cleared his throat to get everyone's attention.

"It wasn't mind control. Nor was it an imposter. That man Shining battled was defenitely my brother." Raiden got up and walked to a window and sighed. "Looks like some things never change." He said softly. Celestia raised an eyebrow.

"He has done this before?" She asked. Raiden turned towards her and gave her a slow nod.

"Back when we were teenagers, our parents.... weren't the best of people, Dad especially. He really didn't like Ronin, said he had failed him when he started learning the art of swordfighting. You see, dad was one of those people you'd call a hippie, And he hated weapons. So when he learned his own son was learning how to do weild one, he went ballistic. He sent him to a friend of his that was meant to 'hippilize' him, as he called it." Raiden sighed and looked away from us. "But when we didn't hear from his friend, dad went to check on things, only to find his friend dead and his son gone." He finished.

Celestia's eyes were wide. Twilight honestly looked like she was terrified, and Fluttershy was pretty much using me as a shield to hide. Twilight spoke up.

"w-what happened?" She asked timidly. Ronin faced her and smiled, though it seemed hollow.

"We found him by grandpa Brims grave." When he said this, Celestia's face showed several emotions At once. First was suprise, then sadness. I raised an eyebrow at that but didn't say anything. I turned to Raiden instead.

"Your telling me he killed dad's friend?" I asked, not wanting to believe it. He clenched his fist slightly.

"There is some other things that went down as well, but yes. He did." Raiden said as time simply stopped for me.

I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it. I turned to Fluttershy.

"I'm going for a walk." I said as I walked out the house.

"Nick, wait." Raiden said, but I was gone.

********
Raiden POV
********

I sighed as the door was closed. I probably shouldn't had told that story, but it had to be said. I turned to the yellow pegasus.

"I wish to thank you for taking care of my brother. It means a lot to me." As I said this, her body became more of a ball as she hid in her mane. How cute, she's a shy one. I thought as I smiled and turned to Celestia. "Princess, what are going to do about my brother?" She looked at me and sighed.

"For now, nothing. Even with the attack yesterday, my niece wishes for the wedding plans to continue." She said as me and twilight went bug-eyed.

"Wedding plans?" Twilight asked

"Even with the attack!" I said, suprised at the boldness.

She nodded her head and smiled at Twilight. "My niece is too stubborn not to have the wedding, even though I have tried to warn her. Although the captain did have a plan to stop any assault from happening." She said as Twilight looked suprised.

"My brother is helping out with the wedding?" She said as I laughed.

"Well, yeah. He's the groom, after all!" I got out before noticing the look on Twilights face. She had this look pure shock. "You didn't know that, did you?" I said before she exploded.

"MY BROTHER IS GETTING MARRIED!?" She yelled. Celestia smiled at her.

"Indeed, my little pony. He is marrying my niece, Mi Amor Cadenza, or as you know her, Cadence." Celestia said.

"Wait, she knowd Cadence?" I asked as Twilight turned to me, suddenly giddy.

"She was my babysitter when I was younger! She was the nicest babysitter I ever had. And now I'll get to call her sister!" Twilight started jumping around us yelling 'YES!' over and over. Celestia and I shared a smirk at her actions before getting back to the topic at hand.

"Celestia, What was that stuff my brother was wearing?" I asked. her eyebrows furrowed as she asnwered.

"That would be an old enhancement changeling mages used in the past, it gave beings that were not changelings some of their powers. Usually, it was reserved for those who would become..." She trailed off with a look of fear as I raised an eyebrow.

"Become what?" I asked, worry starting to take place.

"I fear your brother has been chosen my the queen to become one of them." She said as my blood went cold. Would Ronin become a changeling? Thinking about the power behind his attacks yesterday, the answer was obvious.

"Why would Ronin wish to become a changeling?" Twilight asked as she recovered from her burst of joy. Celestia simply turned from her.

"Not a changeling, a halfing. And with the raw power and skill Ronin has, he may become one of the powerful threats to the kingdom. Especially if Chrysalis has him as a part if her unit." She said the last part with ice in her tone. Something told me that those two have a history.

"Celestia, is there way to counter that power?" I asked. She turned to me and nodded, albeit hesitantly.

"For where there is darkness, there is light. In this case, we need to follow example." She said as twilight raised an eyebrow.

"You mean, like create our own enchanted armour?" Twilight asked, but Celestia shook her head.

"Its not so simple, we would first need to obtain a blood sample of an ancient species that has strong power behind their blood. Then we would have to have the magical device for the suit forged. Of course, we would also need somepony to wear it, but the strain of the armour is high, and we would need a strong-willed being to wear it." She finished as I nodded at her.

"I'll wear it." I said as they looked at me in suprise. "What? If we are going to make a suit of armour capable of battling my brother, then it should be me who wears it. After all, He's my brother." Celestia nodded at this, but Twilight frowned.

"How are we going to obtain the resources to do this? What species could we use?" She questioned as we all sat there in silence. A quiet cough pierced the silence as Fluttershy, who had been quietly listening, spoke up.

"What about dragon blood, if you don't mind me asking." She timidly said. Celestia's eyes widened with a smile forming her face.

"That would be perfect, Fluttershy!" She exlaimed as the little pegasus shrank a bit due to the attention.

"But where would we get a dragon from?" I asked as Twilight smirked.

"I know just where and who to go to." She said proudly.

*************
Nicholas POV
*************

Well, today sucks. I thought as I sat beneath an apple tree. I had walked a decent bit and decided to park it under one of the many apple trees around here so I could think. Today was such a rush of emotion! I had learned that both of my brothers were alive and kicking, which was good. but that one of them had defected to some evil queens side, which was bad. And from how they were talking about Ronin, it made me wonder just what would happen to him if he got caught. They could throw him in jail for the rest of his life! or worse....

I shook my head. No, Ronin was too tough to be caught. and even if he was, Raiden wouldn't let them kill him, right? I yawned softly. This apple tree was sooo comfy. I soon drifted off to sleep, no knowledge of the dark aura that had surrounded the tree I was sleeping under.

************
???
************

WAKE UP!! A loud, yet oddly familiar voice, called to me.

I awoke in some temple thing. Why do I feel like I have been here before? I thought as I turned towards the origin of the voice. It was a man in a cloak, and that mark on his chest...

You do not remember me because I wiped your memory. Let me fix that... he said as a purple light surrounded me.

The memories flowed back quickly. I stared at him.

"Why did you wipe my memories?" I asked. He simply laughed as he removed his hood.

He was absolutely disgusting! Although his head was a sharp bald, his face was rotted on the left side of his face, with the eye missing entirely. The right was almost too normal. Sharp blue eyes, and a smile that looked normal on a tiger hunting prey.

How do I look? not bad for a guy who was slain by your grandfather. He cackled as my eyes widened in suprised.

"Wait, you knew my grandfather? and what do you mean slain?" I asked him as he picked up two orbs, one blue and one yellow.

Sit, spellweaver. And I'll tell you my story. A chair appeared behind me, so I sat in it. The man started pacing the room, the two orbs now floating around him.

Your grandfather and I were best friends back on your planet. But due to a necklace he found one fateful day, we were brought to this one. We quickly were found by the two princesses of this land. After a while, we became close with them. Callobrim became close with Celestia, being her personal knight. And I appealed to princess luna as her right-hand sage. He looked away at that. Ah, those were the good days. Alas, it was not meant to be. For princess luna soon started harboring resentment towards her sister. Meanwhile, I had noticed that Callobrim started getting better treatment by the others in the castle. One fateful night, we broke into an argument. It got so bad that we ended up fighting. Unbeknownst to us, the sisters were fighting nearby. After a long battle, we both were exhausted. So old Brim thought it would be good to check on Celestia. When he turned his back, I fired one last shot of magic at him. My eyes widened.

"What happened?" I asked, slowly getting worried for some reason. The man sighed and had a angry look on his face.

Your grandfather somehow knew the spell was coming! he ducked under it and threw his sword straight at me. And with a sickening thud, it hit me square in the chest. He turned and left. Leaving me for dead. He looked at me and smiled. But now your here, so maybe things can go as planned after all.

I gulped and started backing up, not liking what he said at all. "You tried to kill my grandfather, so why would I even think about helping you?" I said with anger rising in my voice.

He laughed again and frowned. I see that even though your not him, you still cling to the same basic ideals and beliefs that caused nightmare moon to kill him. Its funny really, he could've let Celestia die that day to the spell I had set on the elements of harmony, but he HAD to ruin it by touching them first. I looked at him in a rage.

"What did you do?" I growled. he waved his hand as if to blow off the question.

I had cursed the elements so if someone touched them, they would be weakened. However, Callobrim knew of this, and grabbed them first, causing the spell to weaken him instead. And once that happened, Moon cut him to bits with a single spell. Of course, his spirit was returned to Earth after this, But I was forced to stay here in this forsaken place! I raised an eyebrow.

"What is this place, anyway?" I asked, but he was done with questions.

ENOUGH!!! You have stalled long enough, and since you will not listen to reason, then you must PERISH! With that, he shot several beams at me.

Remembering what I did last time, I concentrated and put up a red shield. The beams were deflected, but I was pushed almost into a wall in the process. He growled again and shot a much bigger beam at me. Knowing I couldn't block this one, I jumped out of the way and turned towards him.

THERE IS NO ESCAPE, SPELLWEAVER!!! just as he said that, I started to feel fuzzy again. His eyes went wide. NOOOO!!!! Someone is waking you up! Not now!!!! but it was too late, I had already fell into a deep sleep.

********

"WAKE UP!!!!!" was the first thing I heard as I sat up quickly, drenched in sweat. I looked over and saw Applebloom staring at me. "Dang, Nick. I thought ya nevah wake up." she said but let off a small yelp as I gave her a brisk hug.

I released her and look her in the eyes. "Thank you so much, Bloom! If you wouldn't have done that, I would've been dead meat." She gave me a confused look as there was some pink on her cheeks from the hug. I laughed a bit and smiled at her. "I geuss I should fill you in, huh?"

*********

After a bit of explaining to her, Appleblooms eyes were wide. "So, some evil feller is attacking ya in yer dreams?!" She exlaimed as I nodded. "Well, that's just terrible! How are ya gonna sleep now?" I thought about this and snapped my fingers on realization.

"Lets go to twilight, I'll bet she's got something!" Applebloom nodded as we took off towards the library. Yet in the back of my mind, I couldn't help but be worried about whats to come.

Author's Note:

And with that, the race to build the dragon Armour begins! With the wedding day slowly approaching, and The sage's threats looming, what will become of the Blazehearts? Well, dont you worry, my fic-crazy ponies! because all shall be answered in due time. and remember: LOVE AND TOLERATE!

*Side note: The canterlot wedding scene, as you probably guessed, will not have the same ending as the show due to the presence od new characters(the humans, changeling lieutenants, and the sage.) It will still hold the basics from it though, such as the whole Chrysalis pretends to be cadence thing and all that.

PreviousChapters Next