• Published 4th Jan 2021
  • 3,650 Views, 968 Comments

Era of Harmony - Gambling_Sam



3 brothers find themselves in equestria, fate takes over from there.

  • ...
16
 968
 3,650

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23: Confessions and confetti

*Ronin Pov*

As I turned to the door awaiting Pinkies entrance, Chrysalis turned to me.

"What just happened out there?" She asked as I sighed, hearing several doors being opened and shut quickly.

"Pinkie dove through a window and is hunting me down right now." I said as Pinkie finally found our door and slammed it open, looking very tired and very determined.

"Finally!! this house has too many doors! But now that I found you I can give you your package!" She said while holding up a box and walking towards me, only to be cut off by Chrysalis midway.

"What do you think you are doing?" Chrysalis spat with venom laced in her words. Pinkie smiled at her, although it seemed a bit forced.

"Silly, I just said that. I'm giving Ronin this gift I made for him." She said, but Chrysalis wasn't done.

"If that is all, then why can I feel love seeping from you every time you look at Ronin?" She said as Pinkies eyes widened, caught red-handed. Chrysalis took a deep breath and growled, leaning close into Pinkies face

"Listen well, you little earth pony. You may be friends with Ronin, but you shall never be his mare. That role has been filled by me, and me only! Now buzz off before crush you under my hoofs!" She said, but Pinkie was not about to give in. She got straight up in Chrysalis's face and frowned.

"Listen here, you big meanie. A guy like Ronin doesn't need a jerk like you clinging to him just to feed off him. So why don't you leave him alone before I throw you a party you wont walk away from!" Pinkie growled as the two butted heads.

Fed up with the arguing, I took a deep breath before speaking.

"ENOUGH!!!!" I yelled, causing both of them to jump back from me in suprise. I turned to Pinkie first. "First of all, don't you dare insinuate that Chrysalis is using me! We have already had that problem figured out, and I can assure you that we do love each other!" Chrysalis smirked at Pinkie, but the look became one of fear when I turned to her, not even realizing my eyes were glowing green again.

"And you!!! How dare you threaten Pinkie like that? She is a close friend of mine and yes, I am attracted to her too. That doesn't mean that you immediately threaten every girl that comes near me!" I said as Chrysalis shrunk down a tad, looking extremely vunerable.

I took another breath and calmed down, my eyes slowly returning to their normal blue. "Listen, this ain't going to be easy for me to say, but it has to be said. I love you Chrysalis, but I also am extremely attracted to Pinkie Pie. There is a solution to this, but you must hear me out." I said as Chrysalis stood back up and Pinkie smiled again.

I cleared my throat and sighed. "Do either of you know what a herd is?" I said as Chrysalis groaned and Pinkie looked confused.

"What's a herd?" came the obvious question from Pinkie Pie. Chrysalis turned to her frowned.

"It means that he wishes to date both of us." She said and Pinkies eyes lit up.

"Really!" She said as I nodded before saying more.

"But its a tad more complicated then that. Heck, I'm not a hundred percent in the know about this, but I am willing to give it a try. The question is, are you two willing to try this?" I said as they turned back to each other, a bit of heat in both of their stares yet also consent at the same time.

"If this pink fluff truly means that much to you, then I am willing to allow her to herd with us. But, if we are going to herd, it will be done the changeling way." Chrysalis said as Pinkie arched an eyebrow.

"There's more than one way to herd?" She asked, just as in the dark as I was.

"Whats the changeling way?" I asked Chrysalis as she smiled at us, bearing her fangs.

"If Pinkie truly does love you, then she will have to have the same process you went through done to her." She said as my eyes widened before I frowned, immediately against the idea, meanwhile Pinkie looked confused.

"Hold up, We are not forcing her to become a halfing just so she can date me. Thats wrong as hell." Chrysalis rolled her eyes but consented to my reasoning. I rubbed my eyes in frustration before continuing. "Although I do believe that if this becomes serious between us, Pinkie will need to learn more about the changeling way." I said as I turned to Pinkie and knelt to her level.

"Im going to be honest with ya, Party queen. Out of any male you could've picked to crush on, ya picked the one with the most complications. If ya do agree to do this, you must know that you will become a part of this hive if you choose to date me. And once you choose to embrace the hive life, you become a part of the hive. With that in mind, do you wish to continue trying to date me?" I stated as she sat there for a good moment with a look of seriousness on her face I had never seen on her before. After a while, she smiled and looked at me.

"Ronin, I may be knoen as being goofy or childish at times compared to my friends. But this is one decision that I am fully taking seriously. So yes, I do want to herd with you and Chrysalis, knowing that it means my life may be different from here on." She thought on that for a bit before her eyes went wide. "Wait, I can still work at the bakery, right?" She asked as I laughed and pulled her into a hug.

"Don't worry, Pink. You will still be able to work at the bakery. The only thing changing now is the fact you can sleep here instead of above your job." I said as we felt a third set of hooves hug us from behind.

"I wont lie, I still hold some worries about this herding prospect, but I can feel the love emanating from you two, and I am willing to give this a try." Chrysalis said as we sat there in the warm embrace for a minute, before Pinkie jumped up and gasped.

"Omigosh, This calls for a party! I need to get to work on it immediately! I can call it 'Happy herding party' and mmph-" Pinkie was cut off my Chrysalis melding her mouth shut with magic while glaring at her, but a smile on her face at the goofiness of Pinkies antics.

"We are not throwing a party for this occasion, especially with that title. However, going out for lunch doesn't seem like a bad idea, wouldn't you agree Ronin?" She asked as I nodded and Pinkie muffled a agreement. After removing the spell from Pinkie, we got up before Chrysalis saw my back in its full messed up glory.

"That exoskeleton truly is messed up, huh? the lunch out will have to wait, we need to fix this." She said as Pinkie titled her head to the side in confusion.

"How do we do that?" She asked as Chrysalis turned to me and grinned hungrily.

"It seems like your first lesson in the way of the hive comes early today, Pinkie Pie." She said as she locked the door again and magically threw me on the bed. "Lesson one: How to extract the most love from your mate!"

*************
Nicholas POV
*************

I was standing on a pedestal posing for Raritys newest line of clothes. Why? because I made the idiotic decision to go and attempt to bail Sweetiebelle out of her punishment. She got off it, of course. But I took her place as Raritys live mannequin.

"Darling, you look absolutely stunning in that suit!" Rarity said as Sweetiebelle giggled at my expense. She was sitting on a chair nearby soaking in the situation.

"How many more of these suits do I have to try on?" I asked Rarity as she smiled at me.

"Only about twelve more, dearie." She said as I took off the tux and groaned inwardly. The door opened and Rarity turned to the customer.

"Oh, Raiden! you've come at a good time! young Nicholas was just helping me with my measurements for tuxedos, but I need a older stallion to dress in these next couple of suits." She said as Raiden sighed and smiled.

"I was just coming by to check on Nicholas, but sure, I'll help." He said as I jumped off the pedestal and changed into my normal shirt and jeans quickly. I turned to Sweetiebelle and smiled.

"Come with me if you want to live" I said in a deep voice while grabbing her hoof, causing her to giggle as I pulled her out of the shop.

"Why did you say that sentence with a deep voice?" She asked me as I started looking around fir our friends.

"Its a line from a movie I watched a while ago. Why? you didn't like it?" I said while not facing her during my search.

She smiled dreamily. "Oh, I liked it. It just suprised me at how deep your voice can go." She cleared her throat as I turned to face her. "Look, its Scootaloo and Tak!" She pointed behind me.

Sure enough, they were there alright, but they were looking at Ronins house. We walked over and greeted them.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I asked as Tak and Scootaloo turned to face us, Tak looked confused and Scootaloo looked bored.

"Tak said he felt something weird coming from his house with his changeling powers, but nothing is happening!" Scootaloo said as she huffed a bit. Tak looked more focused on the house.

"Well, I could've swore I felt more than one love exchange happening up there, but I could be wrong." He said just before the sound of a cannon going off came from inside the house, followed by the weirdest thing.

All the windows on the second floor where the bedroom is located broke apart by a massive wave of confetti flowing out them. There was so much, we had to back up almost to the carousel just to get out of the way.

For a moment, the huge pile of confetti didn't move, then Pinkie Pies head popped out.

"WOW!!! My cannons have never fired this much confetti before! You were right Chrysalis, that felt sooooooo good!" She said as Chrysalis popped her head from the confetti wave, but on the other side of the pile, looking at Pinkie with a mix of fear and respect.

"I dont know where or how you managed to obtain such arcane power, but I loved every second of it! How about you, Ronin?" She looked around and noticed Ronin wasn't anywhere to be seen. "He was right here a second ago, where is he?"

Ronin finally popped up between the two. "Right here!" He said with a yawn. "Next time we do that, remember to reinforce the windows!" He said before passing out face first into the pile of confetti.

Raiden and Rarity came outside and joined us and the crowd. "What the heck did he do this time?" Raiden asked as Rarity looked on in shock. I laughed and shrugged.

"I have no idea, brother. But man, this is amazing." I said as a purple flash appeared near us and Twilight was standing by Rarity.

"I saw a crowd form over here, what happened?" She said as she turned to the pile and stopped cold. "Why are Chrysalis, Pinkie Pie, and Ronin in a confetti pile the size of the road?"

Raiden leaned over and answered her. "I have no clue, but I hope the story behind this is a good one, beacuse this is absolutely hilarious." Raiden said while laughing. Chrysalis got up and charged a spell. In a flash, the confetti was gone.

Ronin woke up immediately as he face planted with the ground. "Oooh" he groaned as he stood up. "Man, we really need to do that in a safer environment next time." He said as Raiden walked up to him.

"Dude, what did you do? I haven't seen something as funny as that since you kicked that mailbox across town four days ago." He said as Rarity gasped before her eyes narrowed.

"Your the one that damaged my mailbox!" She half-yelled half-screeched as Ronins eyes went wide and he scrambled away with Rarity in pursuit.

"Chill Chill Chill! It was an accident I swear! OW!!!" He said as a small beam of magic hit him on is butt. "Lady, you need chill out!" He said while running.

"GET BACK HERE YOU FILTHY VANDELIZER!" Rarity yelled as she chased him across town. Chrysalis and Pinkie were leaning against each other for support because they were laughing so hard. The girls and Tak were almost crying with laughter as I chuckled and Twilight face-hoofed. Raiden rolled his eyes and walked off, hiding his goofy smile he had from the events of today.

Author's Note:

Welp, Ronin's in trouble. With Pinkie Pie now joining with Ronin and Chrysalis, who knows what chaotic mess will happen? What of Raiden? does he share any feelings for anypony he has met? And will Nicholas ever catch on to the two girls pining for his attention? All this and more next time, my fic-crazy ponies and remember:LOVE AND TOLERATE!!!!

PreviousChapters Next