• Published 4th Jan 2021
  • 3,650 Views, 968 Comments

Era of Harmony - Gambling_Sam



3 brothers find themselves in equestria, fate takes over from there.

  • ...
16
 968
 3,650

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 67: The Wrath of a God

*Nicholas POV*

I woke up with a yawn as my eyes adjusted to the sunlight that was blinding me.

Tilting my head to the side I noticed that both Diamond Tiara and Applebloom were laying on either side of me, the former on the left while the latter was snuggled up on my right. I had my arms around both of them as they slept peacefully.

I also noticed we had never left the Rich residence and were still in Diamonds front lawn.

Did we really end up sleeping here? Thank goodness the place is a mansion with security, or something bad could have happened. I thought as I slowly retracted my arms from them and managed to maneuver out of their snuggly bodies without waking them, allowing me to stand over them as the continued sleeping with little fuss.

"Cute, aren't they?" A feminine voice spoke up behind me, causing me to turn and face a pony coming out of a pure golden portal.

It was a mare, but she was about Celestias height at least! Not only that, but she looked like she was made of pure gold as well! She even sported a horn and wings like the princesses!

"Whoa!" I exclaimed half-loudly as to not wake the girls. "Who are you?"

The mare smiled softly at me, her golden eyes shining with health as her equally shimmering mane flowed through the gentle breeze that was blowing.

"Dear Nicholas, my name is Faust. I am tasked with running this world and making sure Harmony is kept in balance." She said as my jaw dropped.

"Wait...so does that make you some sort of princess like Celestia? And how do you know my name?" I asked her as she laughed softly.

"Celestia did have to come from somewhere, child. And yes, I suppose I could be called the princess of balance." She said as I suddenly realized something.

"Wait a second, there's no way you've been keeping balance though! There's been a bunch of evil people attacking and causing trouble. How is that helping harmony?" I asked her as she sighed.

"Harmony is like a two-sided coin. On one side we have what the element bearers and the princesses represent, that's light." She said as she summoned what looked like a scale in front of us, showing Fluttermom and the others marks on the left side of the scale with the princesses. "Then there are the threats to Equestria, the darkness." She said as several black marbles appeared on the right side, and looking closely at each one I could see what looked like the sillioutes of a unicorn, some sort of centaur, and a small pegasus in them. "You cannot have Harmony without balancing light and dark. For each light, there must be a dark as well to combat it."

I looked up at her and raised an eyebrow. "What about me and my brothers?"

That got a frown from the alicorn. "That's where my job gets...frustratingly more difficult. You and your brothers managed to alter fate, causing some bad guys to reappear when they should've stayed dead or even making some villians become good, such as the changeling queen." She said as I pursed my lips.

"Well, it's not exactly our fault though that happened. We were kinda brought here by a magic necklace, and if Ronin helped make a villian good, how does that hurt anyone?" I said, noticing she was starting to seem less and less friendly as the conversation continued.

"Chrysalis was meant to be an obstacle for the element bearers and their friends later in the future, and a major factor in the turning point for changeling kind. Your brother managed to not only convert Chrysalis, but cause the reformation of changelings to happen earlier than before, stopping certain beings from bonding together under successfully doing so themselves." She said, causing me to frown as I crossed my arms.

"So my brother caused changelings to be good at from what your telling me a MUCH faster pace and your upset because some random people won't be able to bond by doing it themselves? How is that fair to us?" I exclaimed as I heard Diamond and Applebloom start to wake up from our arguing.

Faust shook her head. "It isn't about fair, it's making sure that Harmony is kept, and you and your brothers managed to throw everything out of whack! Luna is no longer hurting from her isolation, and is opening up to other ponies far sooner than she should, You've caused Daybreaker to appear years earlier than she should, and those girls your friends with? They haven't crusaded ONCE since your 'family drama' started!" She yelled, sending me backwards about 5 feet with her yell.

Applebloom, now fully awake due to the yell, jumped up and looked around before seeing me slowly getting up from my fall. She turned to the golden mare and narrowed her eyes.

"What's the big idea?" She exclaimed as Diamond got up and copied the glare at the alicorn.

"Who are you anyway? This is private property and...sweet Celestia she's an alicorn!" Diamond exclaimed as she bowed, though Applebloom jabbed her in the side.

"She hurt Nicholas, so don't go bowin' to her." Applebloom stated as Diamond Tiaras eyes widened before she rose back up and turned to me.

"Nick!" She called out, but before they could do anything they were wrapped in a golden glow and lifted over to Faust, who was now smiling eerily.

"Well well, speak and they shall come. Tell me, children. How much do you care about young Nicholas?" She asked them as Applebloom crossed her hooves.

"Ah lot, you big meanie! Now let us go!" She yelled as Faust shook her head.

"No can do, Applebloom. Nicholas and his brothers need to be taught a lesson in interfering in my job, and if that means foalnapping, then so be it." She said as she turned to me, ignoring the suddenly scared looks in the eyes of the girls.

"Let them go!" I yelled, feeling my magic starting to gather. Faust merely shook her head though, and opened that same golden portal again near her.

"I wouldn't advise trying anything, child. I can kill these two in an instant with my magic." As if to demonstrate, the glow around the girls turned slightly acidic, causing them to scream out in pain as it began to burn their fur.

"NO!" I yelled, causing her to stop momentarily. "OK! I'll do whatever you want, but don't hurt them, please!" I said, holding back tears at seeing the girls in pain.

"Nick, don't listen to her!" Dismond yelled, but Faust chuckled.

"He has no choice. He cares for you too much and will do anything to protect you two." She turned to the portal. "Come, child. We have much to discuss...and even more to do." She said as she went through the portal with the girls.

Looking around, but seeing no one, I sighed before walking through the portal, but not before dropping my shades on the ground where I had been standing before doing so.

However, I failed to notice someone watching from the distance with a hood over his head, looking at the scene in terror.

"Nicholas...I need to get help before Faust gets her way with him." Sighing to himself, the hooded man ran back towards town in hopes of finding the help needed.

******************
Raiden POV/ 11 years ago on Earth
******************

"Mom, do we have to go to Grandpa's?" I asked my mother as we drove along the streets of Destin. Today was Ronins 11th birthday, and of all the things he wanted to do, he wanted to go and visit Grandpa Brim. Forget Disneyland or eating out somewhere, he wanted to visit family.

It didn't help that I didn't really like Grandpa that much. We never really see eye to eye on anything, and he always seemed to treat me differently than my other two brothers. Given that Nicholas was a baby, he was excused.

But Ronin seemed to be spoiled rotten by Grandpa Brim. He gave him a cool sword a while ago for his birthday, but what do I get?

A cookbook. A darn cookbook. Who the heck cooks for a living anyway?! Just because Grandpa apparently went off the radar for a couple months then reappeared as some master chef with unique foods that made him rich doesn't mean I want to do the same!

Mom sighed. "Now son, you know Ronin got to pick where we went for his birthday, so that's that." She said as I got slugged in my shoulder by said brother.

"Bros just mad the old fart doesn't like him." Ronin said as he reached in between us and grabbed Nicholas by his baby hands. "Isnt that right little Nikky? Raidens just a big old poop eater!"

I glared at him. "At least THIS poop eater can get himself normal friends!" I said, knowing I had pushed the right buttons.

"Normal?! Amelia is perfectly normal! Just because she's deaf doesn't mean she's crippled or anything!" He argued back as I shrugged.

"You just like her, that's all." I said with a smirk as we pulled into the driveway of a small one floored house. For a guy who once was a top chef, the old man seemed big on the small things.

"Alright, you three stay here for the weekend, and I will be back to pick you guys up on monday." Mom said as we got out and grabbed our suitcases before stepping off to the side to watch her and Nicholas drive off.

"I kinda wish Nicholas could've stayed." I said aloud as Ronin made a face.

"And deal with the diapers? Nah, let the parents handle that mess." He said as we turned and walked up to the door and rang the bell.

*Ding!*RAIDEN*dong!*

I blinked, looking around. "Did...someone call my name?" I said as Ronin frowned at me.

"Dude, don't be weird on my birthday. No one is here except-Grandpa Brim!" He said before excitedly hugging the man who opened the door.

"Ah! Lads! Glad to see ya! How are me little scamps doing on this fine day?" He asked as he used his free arm to pull me into the hug.

"Gah! We're doing just fine, Sir." I said as he released us and led us into the house. The place was as simple on the outside as on the inside. It had very few rooms and only basic colored couches and chairs. Even the paint on the walls was a depressing white.

Brim turned to us after walking into the living room and pointed towards two of the four rooms in the house.

"Those two rooms will be yours, kids. Feel free to relax anywhere because dinner won't be done fer a minute!" He said with a laugh as he walked into the kitchen while we put our suitcases in our respective rooms.

****************

After attempting to relax on a couch but being unable to fall asleep (Unlike Ronin, who had passed out on contact with the couch) I walked into the small kitchen of a stove and a fridge alongside cabinets and drawers to find Brim cooking what looked like stew. Breathing through my nose deeply, I could smell a combination of tomatoes and other spices.

"What are you cooking, Grandpa?" I asked him as he turned to me with a spoon in hand.

"I'm cooking a vegetable stew, though I'm using a tomato sauce blend to try to spice it up." He stated as he opened a cabinet and looked carefully at the spices inside before sighing. "Though I can't seem to think of anything that I haven't done before."

Walking over to the cabinet, I looked up at it and noticed he had garlic powder and paprika. Reaching up and grabbing it, easier task than for most due to the fact that I was almost five foot five inches at the age of 11, I looked at my grandfather.

"Do you have measuring spoons?" I asked him. He nodded and opened a drawer nearby before giving it to me.

It's a teaspoon size, perfect!

I smiled and put about 2 teaspoons of each spice into the pot before getting the spoon from Grandpa Brim and mixing it all together into what was smelling like a beautiful blend.

I turned to Grandfather to find him smiling at me, though his eyes seemed to dance with a nostalgic flame.

"Would ye look at that, Laddie! You'd make a great chef yet!" He exclaimed as I looked from him to the pot several times before raising an eyebrow.

"Really? You think so?" I asked him as he nodded quickly.

"Ah'm sure of it, boyo. You just need some practice and you'll probably surpass even me!" He said with a laugh as I found myself laughing along with him.

"Whatever you say, Gramps. Though, I have to ask, where did you get the ideas for all those recipes that made you famous in the first place?" I asked him as he suddenly stiffened slightly before he recovered and gave me a small smile.

"Tis a secret, my boy. One day you and your brothers will come to know where my masterpieces came from, but until then you'll have to just be patient." He said as I huffed but went back to stirring the pot, though some of the vegetables were floating together to make a word, and after looking closely I was able to make it out.

R a i d e n

I stepped away from the pot in shock and turned to my grandfather.

"Grandpa Brim! Did you see-" I started, but stopped when I realized he wasn't there anymore. Looking around, I realized that outside the kitchen everything had begun to become a black void.

"What...What's happening?!" I yelled out as I saw a blue light flash before my eyes as all around me a voice rang out.

"RAIDEN WAKE UP!"

*******************
Raiden POV/present time.
*******************

I shot up quickly in a cold sweat, finding my eyesight blurry as I adjusted to whatever light was in my face.

"What...what happened?" I said as my eyesight slowly became clear as I was tackle-hugged by Luna while realizing I was in a hospital room.

"Thou has been asleep for days! I couldn't connect with your dreams and was worried about you, Raiden." She exclaimed as she sobbed lightly into my shoulder.

As I hugged her tightly I noticed I was in my dragon form again, though I distinctly remembered being human before I got hurt back in Canterlot.

"Why am I a dragon again? Didn't the effects of Twilights potion wear off?" I asked.

"Fron what I've been told, you were healed and put back into that form." A familiar voice said as I saw the door open and saw none other than Celestia walk through it!

"Celestia! Your you again!" I exclaimed as a smile found its way on my face while Luna pulled away from my shoulder but kept her hold around me.

Celestia nodded, though she didn't smile back. "I was freed from Daybreaker after her mind was destroyed in the dreamscape." She sighed. "Several things have happened while you've been out, and I think it's best you were enlightened of them."

I nodded, allowing my claws to run through Lunas mane. "Lay it on me, princess."

"To start, You were asleep for days after being put into a dreamless nightmare, something that only happens when dark magic overloads one's magic core. From what Chrysalis's son told us a human in a robe came in and healed you, changing you into your dragon form...permanently."

My jaw dropped as those words registered.

"You mean...I'm stuck as a dragon?" I asked as Luna pulled away and nodded.

"Indeed. From what we could tell, the spell used on you purified your soul, and since your human part was the one that got corrupted, it was the piece that had to be removed." She said as I sighed and laid back on the bed while she rested her head on my chest, her ears flicking softly when I began to tussle them.

"Well, it could've been worse. But who the heck was the human? I thought Dadiolus and Christine were defeated."

For a moment, the neutral expression on Celestias face cracked, revealing a pained expression before she turned back to normal.

"That's the other thing I wished to tell you. "It appears that in some shape or form your grandfather is still alive. The human in the robe said his name was Callobrim, and even referenced your brothers perfectly in conversation with Tak and his friends." She said, causing me to take a deep breath in hopes of calming the wave of shock going through me right now.

Grandfather was alive?! Then that dream... I looked down at the resting Luna on my chest as I smiled. It must've been her calling my name then, but if he was alive then...

"Celestia, if Grandfather is alive where is he? And you said Tak and his friends were here but they are currently gone as well." I said as Celestia nodded.

"Tak and his friends went to find Nicholas after we asked them to. If your grandfather is alive, then he would want to know, considering he is Callobrims grand-" She stopped suddenly and turned towards the window before she gasped softly.

Noticing this, Luna stood up and walked over to her. "Sister, what is the matter?" She asked as Celestia frowned.

"...Twilight has been hurt." She said before shaking her head. "I know her and Ronin are going after the griffon king Grimbeak, but I didn't expect them to actually fight him." She said as I blinked in suprise.

"Wait a second. Ronin went after that king dude we met in the throne room? And he took Twilight with him?!" I yelled, not only angry that Ronin had not only went off on his own again but now had ended up getting one of my friends hurt as well.

Luna shook her head quickly as she came back over to me and nuzzled my cheek. "Tis not that simple, Raiden. Your brother and Twilight were sent to Griffonia due to that insane plan Nicholas and his friends came up with involving the mass teleport." She turned back to Celestia. "Sister, do you know if they are ok?"

Celestia sighed and faced us. "All I can sense is that they are alive, even with the pain Twilight is going through it is not fatal, though it lingers on her spirit." She said as I frowned.

"Spirit?" I asked as Luna nodded.

"When one is close with another and they share some sort of bond, one can sense the distress of the other. For my sister, that event is trifold in power due to how she bonds with so few, so she can feel a lot of what happens with Twilight if she taps into that bond." She said as Celestia suddenly stiffened as her wings shot straight out.

"Umm...Celestia? Are you ok?" I asked her as she shook her head and turned towards the door while looking quite flustered.

"I-its nothing, Raiden. I am going to go see if I can find anyone who knows where Callobrim is located." She said as she left the room rather quickly, causing me to look at Luna with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh...what was that about?" I asked her, noticing the smirk on her face.

"Seems she accidently felt some rather...carnal emotions from her student." Luna stated with a giggle before she frowned. "But who would she partake in that activity with? The only males there are the male griffons and...Ronin." She said as my eyes widened.

No way...Ronins banging Twilight? What the hell did I miss while being knocked out?

Author's Note:

A shorter chapter, for sure, but this was needed because I'm still sorta burned out from the last one.

Raidens awake, and now realizes that he has missed a LOT. Faust has Nicholas and his girls in her hooves while Callobrim attempts to go find help.

Also, we are now in the endgame for this story! There will be about 10 chapters left at most depending on how much I write in each one. Expect answers to be had, and bonds to be tested as we begin to reach the conclusion of this story.

(P.S: 80 LIKES Awesome!!!)

PreviousChapters Next