• Published 5th Oct 2020
  • 450 Views, 119 Comments

My Final Confession: Relapse - jmj



Pinkamena has come to the end of herself for the final time. Regretful of the past, she attempts one last time to ameliorate the cruel life she has led.

Comments ( 23 )

Heh. That's my sis...

jmj
jmj #3 · Dec 8th, 2020 · · ·

10571503
Thanks for reading and commenting so much. I'm happy you enjoyed the story.

10571633
Thanks. I think I struggle with long form stories but this was a passion project for me. I will most likely get back to short horror now. Wish we had some contests coming up.

They’re brownies. It’s kind of an inside joke.

Brilliant :rainbowlaugh:

Got me wondering though, who's Vocative's mother? :rainbowderp: :pinkiegasp:

I'm glad you chose this ending, boss. You somehow managed to make it heartwarming after everything that came before, and I was genuinely happy for the characters. Congratulations again for completing such a massive saga.

jmj

10581560
I thought the brownies were a nice touch.

Who else would be her mother? Mrs. Poignant Perfect. :rainbowwild:

Thanks for helping, sir. I'm glad to have it over with but I'm also kind of sad.

Perfectly Insane
Moderator

This ending actually reminded me a lot of Re:zero, whether that was intentional or not I'm unsure.

jmj

10586147
Wasn't intentional. I don't know what that is.

jmj

10587995
Thanks for reading. Sorry for making you sad.

That was the best redemption fic I've ever read--much less two villains combined into one. God damn but you're a good writer, and thank you for contributing this masterpiece to the fandom. Also, whoever DWR'd Final Confession (likely for being Cupcakes-related) is really missing out and I feel bad for them.

This is absolutely going in my favs.

jmj

10595376
Thank you so much for the wonderful comment and read. Im very pleased you enjoyed the story. I worked pretty hard on it.

I don't really understand down voting without giving something a chance. If it's not appealing and you don't want to read it, then don't and go on about your day. Some people are just complete jerks and can't handle their fantasy world darkened.

And I know I have one person who downvotes anything of mine they see due to an argument over them posting rude comments for no reason.

10630606
Huh, that certainly puts things in perspective. She still comes across as a scheming kid, or at least having some kind of developmental disorder that was no doubt induced by her being petrified.

10630611
I actually haven’t read seen anything other than that one:


10630620
I wouldn’t say it’s that hard to sympathize, given the amount of furries that write what they do on this site.

10630800
I was thinking more in the sense of serving herself as a meal. Because delicious multiple meaning puns.

jmj

10630873
Oh you are correct, sir. Just making a little observation.

There is admittedly something very darkly comedic about where these two ended up. In the end, I’m not sure if I would consider this a redemption story of any kind so much as a wild ride of a villain wins one.

jmj

10631011
Lol. Hell may yet await them.

10631071
...That sounds like a way of saying 'sequel' with extra steps.

jmj

10631074
No plans right now. Other stories, maybe, but no true sequel.
Plus... 20 up, 20 down is rough. Especially for something I worked on forever. 150 views and its probably the second most passionate I've been for a story. Kind of hurts.

10631078
Honestly, this story really got a horrible case of drive-by downvoters. It makes me angry considering it in no way glorifies/fetishizes the subject matter and is a really well-written subversion of a shock story. I've noticed the same happen to my mature stories, since they're all rather gory and violent too. Sex sells, well-crafted M-rated stuff like this doesn't. Or, at least not without a lot of marketing effort and cost. I'm sure there are some more sympathetic groups you could add this to, and maybe some folks to promote it to try and counteract those downvotes. I wasn't able to spy any reason in the actual story that really screamed as a reason for someone to downvote. Most of my favorite stories of my own works often get hit with large amounts of downvotes for their unpopular content, not because of atrocious writing or anything be understandably bad enough to warrant downvoting without reading.

jmj

10631083
I just don't understand downvoting something because you don't like the genre or synopsis. It's a real shitbag that goes out of their way to put down something instead of just moving on.

Alright, so, first off, I gotta admit something: I found this while hunting for simple gorefics to read at night mindlessly before passing out. That being said...

I couldn't stop reading this. Every single moment I had free time, I picked this fic right the fuck back up, because it covers so many aspects of so many things just...perfectly. I love the way you covered the fuzzy nuances of head trauma and the subsequent mental illness(es) that it granted Pinkamena, the way that there's never really a way for anyone to be 100% good or 100% bad, and how even the most healing of relationships are still messy and difficult and are just as prone to ugliness as the damaging ones.

In addition, even though I was one of the #1 Cozy Glow haters, this fic has successfully changed that. At the very least, I'm a big fan of this universe's Cozy Glow. :rainbowwild:

You managed to paint an entire universe through little video clips via the use of details, dialogue, and just absolutely goddamn fantastic worldbuilding skills, your grammar and spelling are out of this world, and my overly-empathetic heartstrings were yanked all over the place with every single sentence I read.

I first came here for the gore, but honestly? Several paragraphs in, I stopped caring about it. All I was really interested in from that point onwards was Pinkamena and Cozy Glow's relationship, and why things are the way that they are. All of those jagged and all-over-the-place puzzle pieces - some of which I didn't even know were there - came together into one big, beautiful, convoluted picture at the end.

In short: This story is beautiful, and I am sincerely sorry for both the low view count and the shit ratings, because this is a masterpiece. Thank you for writing it.

jmj

10650546
Thank you so much for the comment. I've had a few like this now and they makes the time spent on this story and even all the hate it received completely worth it.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the story and their relationship. In real life everything isn't always warm and fuzzy but we still have relationships based on love and understanding. I tried to show that here as well. Pinkamena and Cozy are terribly flawed and just trying to live in the best way they can with each other. Despite their fights, harsh words, and even manipulations of each other they still find solace and understanding in each other's company.

I'm glad you mentioned the hints. You have to earn twists or sudden, improbable plots. The time vortex was hinted at frequently by Pinkamena but she's an unreliable narrator so I wanted the readers to distrust what she said as possible insanity. Turns out all those little mentions were real.

My favorite were subtle. If you've ever read the first story, you know Future Perfect didn't survive. So, since this is a sequel, how could be alive? I was hoping little things that seemed like plot inconsistencies caught the reader's attention and then paid off at the end.

Once again, thank you so much for the read and comment.

Login or register to comment