• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,050 Views, 1,404 Comments

6 Universal Nights - The Blue EM2



Journey to a place of magic... just not the magic the builders intended.

  • ...
5
 1,404
 1,050

PreviousChapters Next
Night 4: Glim Glam Bam Yet Again!

Ink strode through the park like he was on parade in the army (which he could well have been, for all anybody knew). As ever, his suit was kept perfect, and his shoes were so shiny you could see his face in them. As he walked along, he suddenly realised his friends were not beside him. Tom and Jimmy had set off into the park a fair bit earlier than the rest for some reason, and Kat had of course headed her own separate way. Ink slowed down, and suddenly Steph and John appeared next to him, puffing and panting.

"Can't you keep up?" Ink asked, rhetorically.

"No!" Steph panted, bent over as best she could to keep breathing. "We were having to run in order to keep up! Not everybody lives life at the pace you do, you know!"

"Why do you walk so fast anyways?" John asked, looking puzzled at him.

"It is critical," said Ink, going into businessman mode, "to always be on time to all of your engagements. As a result, it is very common for those in business to be able to walk very quickly and with a sense of confidence from one place to another. A meeting starting late could spell disaster, after all."

"Such as?" John asked. "I work in a small place, but sadly it doesn't pay very much."

"Signing documents, approving bills, things such as that," Ink explained. "If you ever need any financial support of any kind, I would be more than happy to-"

"It's OK," John replied. "I make more than enough to support myself, and I happily go without luxuries most weeks as long as it gets food on the table."

"A man who knows his priorities!" Ink smiled. "Well, I think we'll get along very well. So many use all their income on useless things they don't need or ever use." He bristled briefly. Then a clock rang. "Ah! The old clock! Sounding forth the chimes that send us on our journey forth to the end of the road."

Steph frowned, and looked at John. "Do you have any idea what he's on about?"

"No," John Simple nodded, having suddenly become an entirely different person. "I don't."

"Shall we head forth to our different places that we need to be?" Ink asked. "I have an appointment with cartoon characters."

"I have to go to a walkthrough," John added.

"And I'm on something in Seuss-land," Steph said. "Something about fish."

"I was there yesterday!" John exclaimed. "It feels like months ago, of course, but I remember it well. Keep an eye out for random stetsons!"

"I will!" Steph smiled. The three laughed, said their temporary goodbyes, and parted ways, heading off in different directions. Ink set forth on his way, but when he was almost in his section of the park for the day, he saw the Toad in the Hole in the Road-

You're going to do that every time I say that, aren't you? It's very annoying. Anyways, he saw the Toad in the Hole in the Road-

-being carted off to where it couldn't harm the guests. It was big enough to swallow a cow, after all. Ink, on the other hand, simply went on his way, and rolled into the back of the queue for his attraction today, about a certain sailor with incredible strength.


In the long and storied history of Universal (and indeed, American) cartoon animation, you can hardly omit the impact that Popeye had on the scene, a character instantly recognisable to generations of people across the globe. The sailor from Sweethaven has been seen in comics, television shows, and even a somewhat average film. In addition to being a popular culture icon, he has also helped with the sale of spinach, as this gives him his incredible strength. So, naturally, alongside classic characters like Bugs Bunny and Dudley Do-Right (whom we met in a previous chapter), it was only natural that Popeye got his own ride at Universal Studios.

And what a ride it was. It was a water ride, fittingly, but to get onto it, Ink first had to join a queue, and so he did. There were two lines, for some odd reason, and neither of them were very even. It meant that one moved a lot faster than the other, and this was causing people to jump over the lines.

Ink sighed and joined the shorter line. As he went along the line, he suddenly noticed what looked like a beanie hat, lying on a fence. It was pink, and had white stars set onto it.

"Did somebody lose this?" he asked. Thinking he could hand it in at the desk, he picked it up and placed it in a pocket, then proceeded to stroll along the path.

Only then did he realise that something was amiss. His pocket was, very suddenly, empty. He reached in for the object, but it was gone!

Then his head felt oddly heavy. He reached up, to find the beanie glued into his hair, not moving. It wouldn't come off no matter how hard he pulled.

"What is this?" he asked, confused. Moments later, he got his answer. It flashed, and suddenly purple hair flopped into his eyes. Moments after that, more and more hair got forced out of his scalp, growing down the back of his neck and flipping into all sorts of interesting and contorted shapes. At the front, the fringe flipped up, curled over, and curled again at the side, just over his eyes. He could now see the odd turquoise streak in there as well.

"Oh not again! Who is it this time?"

He brought his hand up to look at it, only to see suddenly his knuckle turned pink. A bright flash later, and the colour began to spread, covering over all of his skin as the bones in his face began to shift, stretching, breaking, and reconnecting in different ways as his complection softened dramatically. His eyes gained purple eyeliner, and his eyes turned a shade similar to grape flavoured Gatorade (I know I've used that image before, but it works, OK?).

More happened, his shoulders narrowing suddenly and his arms and hands getting smaller and shorter, giving him the appearance of a gorilla. His chest tingled uncomfortably as muscle and fat sloughed off of his body, followed by a pair of breasts growing on his chest. He yelped in surprise as his rear got larger, and his hips popped outwards suddenly. His manhood soon went into oblivion, and her arms and legs got shorter and smaller, causing most of her garments to fall off and hit the floor. Her jacket landed behind her, and everything else felt loose.

Ink shuffled to one side to avoid getting in the way, and suddenly saw her shoes come to life. Heels pushed out of the bottom of them, forcing her up 4 inches, and they changed suddenly into black boots held in place with pink laces. His formal trousers began to flatten onto her body, changing into a pair of grey leggings. Her white shirt lost the bow tie, forever consigned to the abyss, and then proceeded to lose its own collar and turn turquoise, like a casual V neck, an impression reinforced by the fact all the buttons vanished, and the shirt stitched itself together. The bottoms of the sleeves turned purple, and a black unfronted waistcoat appeared around her shirt. A watch materialised on her wrist, mde of black coloured metal with a symbol of Starlight's cutie mark set into the closed top.

Starlight Glimmer strode forward, and suddenly realised what had to be done. "Alright, people!" she called. "You all want to get on quickly, right?"

The crowd, looking confused, looked at her. "Well, yes," said one. "We don't like long queues."

"Great!" Starlight exclaimed. "Well, if half of you stand here, and half of you stand here, the queues will go a lot faster!"

The crowd seemed to like what she was saying, and so began to filter out of the massive line and into a second one. Starlight walked backwards, waving people through until an equal number were on each side.

She stopped at the entrance gate, and a park employee looked stunned. "This queue is moving quickly!" he said. "What did you do?"

"Simple!" Starlight smiled. "If an even number of people stand in each line, it flows a lot faster as they each access the loading docks faster. It's the same concept as all the people in one line being equal, but the result is different; the lines move faster, saving everybody time."

"Genius!" said the employee.

"I suppose I am something of a natural," Starlight smiled, joining the back of the line. "Equality is a wonderful thing!"


Starlight found the experience of Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges to be a fun and thrilling one, even if she had no idea what was going on and found a guy weirdly fangirling over her, claiming something about having seen her in the Midwest. Nope! She'd never been to Kansas. Wandering through the park, she saw a woman with red hair and a girl in a Crystal Prep uniform having ice creams. "Hello you two!" she called. "How are you feeling?"

"Great!" Marigold replied, hopping about like a weasel on crack.

"She's had a LOT of ice cream," Cayenne explained. "No wonder she's so hyper. How about you, Glimmy?"

"Oh, the usual," Starlight smiled. "Making everything more efficient and being quite helpful. At least there were no giant monster girls in shopping malls this time."

"That was QUITE a day!" Cayenne laughed, and the three of them conversed merrily whilst listening to the screams of riders on The Incredible Hulk.

Author's Note:

To describe Starlight as a divisive character in MLP is something of an understatement. She's like marmite; some love her, some hate her. Personally, I'm ambivalent; Kelly Sheridan does a good job of voicing her, but she often came across as a Mary Sue in her episodes (barring that clever one about her anger), or failing that constantly taking shortcuts that landed her in an even bigger mess than the one she'd started with.

The bit about Kansas references this story, the previous Starlight Glimmer TF I wrote;

EForever Friends
Prepare for a Terribly Timed Major Metamorphosis...
The Blue EM2 · 2.2k words  ·  25  4 · 822 views

Starlight organising the lines is based on a comment Awesomo3000 made about Starlight in a blog;

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/846717/mlp-villain-rankings-starlight-glimmer

The title references these two stories;

https://www.deviantart.com/mlprainbowcrash/art/Glim-Glam-Bam-Starlight-Glimmer-TF-TG-721725407

TGlim Glam Bam Again!
She's more than Barbie, you know!
JimmyHook19 · 1.1k words  ·  23  27 · 1.7k views

(Brace yourself for some terrible English in the first one.)

Well, who next? Find out tomorrow!

PreviousChapters Next