• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,050 Views, 1,404 Comments

6 Universal Nights - The Blue EM2



Journey to a place of magic... just not the magic the builders intended.

  • ...
5
 1,404
 1,050

PreviousChapters Next
Night 7: Oh, Fill to Me the Parting Glass...

Steph got herself out of bed on the last morning, and looked at the clock sadly. It was the day of leaving, where they would have to go home and be apart for a while. As crazy as recent circumstances had been, and the fact that reality had nearly ended the previous day, it had still been a fun trip, and as a result it was sad to see it end.

Steph was about to get a reminder of that when he spoke. "Oh, hey, this morning is, like so sad and yet so warm at the same time! I wonder how-"

She quickly glanced down at herself, to see she was Autumn Blaze again, whom she'd been three nights earlier. "Is it normal for this to happen?" she asked, as she got out of bed and saw Autumn's clothes neatly hung up for her. After showering, getting dressed, and picking up her loaded suitcase, she opened her door and walked out into the corridor to see two others already there.

One of them she recognised as Suri from a day or two, but something didn't seem right. She was wearing a Crystal Prep uniform, consisting of the usual parts of a tartan skirt, dark blue loafers with light blue bows, purple socks, a turquoise shirt with a blue scarf, and a purple blazer. She was dragging her suitcase behind her, drinking from a coffee cup.

Shortly behind her was Ocellus, struggling to move her case along because it was built for a twenty-something man, not a preteen, extremely scrawny bookworm.

"Bleaugh!" Suri said, finishing her cup and throwing it in a trash can. "The coffee here is awful. I'm looking forward to getting back to New York. There I can have a double caffeinated. They make that with two shots of caffeine refined using whisky production techniques."

"That sounds pretty disgusting," Ocellus said, lugging her case along as best she could. "Besides, that much caffeine in your system can't be healthy given the amount of stimulation and the crash at the-"

"I get it, you're a nerd." Suri continued onwards. "Here's the lobby. Somehow the others already beat us here. I hired a taxi to take us all to the airport so we could say goodbye there."

Standing in the lobby were also Gilda, Sci-Twi, and Sugar Belle.

"I think our transportation is waiting," Sci-Twi said. "This is exceptional service given that the cab has arrived 2 minutes and exactly 4 seconds ahead of schedule, which is quite impressive."

"The driver knows I'll file a complaint if he's late," Suri said bluntly. "Seeing as it's early, how about we head their early and then go to get a breakfast there together? It'll be our last meal together for what I suspect will be a long time."

"That sounds like a good idea," Sugar Belle smiled. "Why not get a cake whilst we're there?"

"We need to watch how many calo-"

"Sure!"

With that settled, they headed out into the car park.


The journey to the airport was pleasant and fairly easy, even with six girls squeezed into the back seat. The cab driver was very good and generous, and even knocked 35% off his price as part of the deal. So, in they went, into the airport, and soon found a nice place in which to eat breakfast.

Each of them had a classic American one of bacon and eggs, with pancakes (Autumn chose waffles, because waffles are apparently cool), and the drinks mostly consisted of coffee.

"So," said Gilda, raising her mug to the sky, "this is it for a bit. What a lot of rhyming. Anyway, I look forward to when we can do this again, guys. Fill to me the parting glass!"

"And drink the health of one and all!" the rest chorused, Ocellus struggling to lift her heavy mug (she had asked for a decaf on the grounds that caffeine before flying is a bad idea).

Once they had finished eating, it was time to go their separate ways. Suri, Autumn, Gilda, and Sci-Twi all headed for the domestic departure gates, and this left Ocellus and Sugar Belle.

"You sad?" Sugar Belle asked.

Ocellus nodded.

"Well, don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened."

The pair headed for their gate and sat down in the departure lounge.

"Hey, Ocellus! Fancy seeing you here!"

Ocellus turned her head, and her face broke into the widest grin possible.

"Sandbar!"

The boy was smiling too, and Sugar Belle vacated so they could sit together.

"I hope we're allocated seats together. I don't know where you've been all this time, but I've missed you." Sandbar leaned in. "I think my folks will be delighted to meet you."

"Thanks," Ocellus smiled. "And," she whispered, "that kiss we shared was the best I've ever had."

"Let's see if I can top it."

Sugar Belle laughed at the ongoing scene. "Young love."


This story is dedicated in memory of Carl Laemmle (1864-1939), founder of Universal.

You brought over 100 years of magic to our screens.

Gone, but never forgotten.

Author's Note:

Well, here we are again. The end of another saga in the TF Cinematic Universe. It's been a fun, if sometimes rocky, ride, and I'd happily do it all again.

The next entry in the saga appears tomorrow- take the reigns, Misty!

PreviousChapters Next