• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,050 Views, 1,404 Comments

6 Universal Nights - The Blue EM2



Journey to a place of magic... just not the magic the builders intended.

  • ...
5
 1,404
 1,050

PreviousChapters Next
Night 5: THIS RIDE MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A DAREDEVIL!

At the same as Sunset was caught in a time loop-

At the same as Sunset was caught in a time loop-

At the same as Sunset was caught in a time loop-

At the same as Sunset was caught in a time loop-

At the same as Sunset was caught in a time loop-

At the same as Sunset was caught in a time loop-

Oh not this again. Whomever is looping my time display can they please stop? It's not helping in the slightest. Whomever is looping my time display can they please stop? It's not helping in the slightest. Whomever is looping my time display can they please stop? It's not helping in the slightest. Whomever is looping my time display can they please stop? It's not helping in the slightest. Whomever is looping my time display can they please stop? It's not helping in the slightest.

This joke has gotten old. Can we actually move on to the story? Very good.

At the same as Sunset was caught in a time loop, and the others were all over the place, Steph was, once more, in another part of the park. To be precise, she had returned to Toon Lagoon, despite not having been there before on this trip, and this meant that she was intending to ride something, as you would indeed expect.

And now that we've had Dudley Do-Right and Popeye in this tail, how about we add the one with whom it all started?

That's right, Woody Woodpecker! In many ways a follow up to the Loony Tunes (who keep breaking their merry go round), he is a woodpecker with a hyper laugh and equally erratic behaviour, having drunken WAY too much coffee. Or are they naturally hyper? I really don't know enough Woodpeckers to judge. How talkative are they?

Anyways, it was obvious that Woody Woodpecker deserved a place in the park, and so he got said place in Toon Lagoon. And so it was that Steph went to ride Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster, a rollercoaster themed around Woody's nut factory.

"You got a friend in me-"

Wheezy, how did you get into this story?

"How did Equestria Girls characters end up in a story about a theme park?"

Because it's a TF story. Remember that, it's important later. It explains a few things, you see, and things that you see are often ones that need to be explained, especially in long monologues. Long, rambling monologues.

Anyways, Steph had arrived outside the ride, soaking up the atmosphere of a cartoon landscape, which was not anything to do with Who Framed Roger Rabbit, which is a shame as he would've fitted in perfectly here. As she sat outside and prepared to get her Express ticket ready to go, a voice suddenly greeted her.

"Hey, I think I know you."

The person speaking sounded incredibly bored and apathetic, a point which suddenly made sense as they approached. She had pale skin and dark blue, raven hair, and industrial quantities of purple eyeliner on over orange eyes. She wore a black dress with grey tights and grey boots, and wore dark jewellery. "Yes, I remember. Men in Black: Alien Attack?"

"Oh, you're the goth girl I met," Steph said. "Admittedly, I was Autumn at the time, but- oh wow, this is so crazy! Maybe we are all just something together and time can manifest itself as multiple records of itself- quick, write that down, that idea is so amazing, do you think it'll get me the Pullitzer Prize?"

"I don't know," Moonlight answered, her complete disinterest a marked contrast to Steph's enthusiasm. "Should we ride something? It beats just standing about in the sun with nothing to do."

"Oh, of course!" Steph grinned, smiling like an incredibly cheerful person would. "Let's join the queue for Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster!"


The queue line was nothing to write home about, but it is of relevance to us because of the fact that it contains something very important to us as writers. Steph strolled through on the slightly faster line as Moonlight followed behind her, still not showing much variation in emotion.

"So, why do you wear all black?" Steph asked.

"Because it reflects the darkness in my soul," Moonlight replied. "It's also why I shop at Hot Topic."

"You remind me of somebody else I met once," Steph replied, somehow unaware of the fact her skin was now pink, making her look sunburned (although she, being sensible, had remembered to wear some very strong sunblock that morning to avoid injury). "Darkness I think her name was? She said she went to a school in England with pigs in the title. Oh, wait, Hogwarts! That's what it is!"

"Hogwarts is in Scotland," Moonlight replied. "What's up with your hair?"

"My hair?" Steph asked, moving her hands back to feel it. "There's nothing wrong with my-"

She stopped as she brushed it forward. Where blonde locks should have been, only a mass of yellow in light and darker shades came forward into her eyes.

"-hair. Oh, here I go again!"

Her eyes were suddenly swapped for lime green ones, and as she continued to walk her personality got increasingly bouncy and hyper. Her height dropped slightly, but other than that little else happened. Now it was time for her clothes to join in on the fun. Her shoes changed to be lime green in shade with yellow highlights, followed soon after by her pants becoming dark blue, and noticably tighter on her body. There was, mercifully, still a zip and button there, and her shirt, for the fifth time that trip, shrank onto her body and turned white, with a rather odd black cardigan appearing on top of that.

"Wow. That was, like, so weird, Sunshine."

"I know!" Sunshine Smiles replied, bouncing up and down erratically, looking like she would smash through the ceiling with all that constant bouncing up and down. "Shall we go ride? I'm so excited!"

"I am, even if I don't look it. Let's go."


The queue was oddly empty, so the two sisters got a front row seat. After pulling down the lap bar, the ride left the station and rolled around a bend, before starting the first lift hill.

"Did you know that this is the oldest rollercoaster in the park?" Sunshine asked.

"No, I did not."

After climbing the hill, it then went into a curved drop, with Woody's famous laughter echoing all around. It then raced through several curves that were tilted, and up and down several drops.

"This ride makes me feel like a daredevil."

"And this ride makes me feel like a daredevil!"

Suddenly, they hit the brake run and came back into the station.

"Wait, that's it?"


Both girls, a little disappointed at how short the ride was, stopped off on a park bench.

"That could easily have been a lot longer!"

"It's a coaster for little kids, what were you expecting? Loch Ness Monster?"

"Eh, that true. But we should go shopping for clothes at some point. They've got some amazing T shirts!"

"This had better not be like that time you insisted on trying on all the dresses until you found the one that made you 'feel like a princess'."

"Well, one of them did! I've still got it, remember? You know, the blue and turquoise one with the pink ruffles?"

"Oh. That one."

"Are you two needing fashion advice?" asked a voice.

Both girls looked up. "AHHH! IT'S SURI POLOMARE! RUN!" Both girls vanished before anybody could say anything.

Suri sighed. "Geez Louise. I was only gonna reccommend some shopping to them."

Author's Note:

Sunshine Smiles is another Canterlot Boutique customer. She and Moonlight Raven share this scene;

This one was a challenge, as the reference image does not show her feet. It is also unclear if she is wearing pants or a skirt, so I went with the former (after all, Moonlight Raven wears a dress in this story).

This coaster is a good one for new people to coasters. It's short, but surprisingly thrilling.

TWalking (or trotting) on Sunshine
Like Katrina and the Waves...
JimmyHook19 · 1.3k words  ·  19  23 · 1.1k views

Some more reading on this character. Meanwhile, party on!

PreviousChapters Next