• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,050 Views, 1,404 Comments

6 Universal Nights - The Blue EM2



Journey to a place of magic... just not the magic the builders intended.

  • ...
5
 1,404
 1,050

PreviousChapters Next
Night 5: Just the Way you Are

Breakfast, as usual in the place where they stayed, was a somewhat mundane affair, cosnsiting of the usual food items that they liked to eat. Katrina sat opposite John, who seemed to be looking mostly at the ceiling. "Is something wrong?" she asked.

"Yes," John grunted. "There's only one day left after this, and our trip is over. And I've enjoyed it."

"Haven't we all?" Steph asked, reaching for the syrup bottle. "Hmmmm. Needs more butter."

"I have!" Jimmy said, briefly becoming airborne in his chair. "I got to add loads new characters to my collection!"

"You've been writing down everybody you've been?" Ink asked, incredulously. "Why?"

"I keep a record to try and establish if there's a pattern," Katrina said.

"Is there a pattern?"

"Apart from it being exclusively female characters, none." The bespectacled Kansasite glanced back at her plate. "Which is something of a relief, to be honest..."

"Ah, that..." Tom inferred, saying the only words he had said that entire conversation.

"But, for me, it means returning to my normal, old, boring life," John finished. "And I'm not hugely well off, you know. Life gets quite tough at times, with (for instance) me having to choose between fuel or food."

"I live in a place with good public transport," Steph chimed in, only to see everybody look at her. "What?"

"Not helping," Ink said, putting his hand around John's shoulders. "If ever you need any help with anything, drop me a line."

"And I'm only a few hours away by train, after all," Tom added. "If you ever need me to help with something, just tell me."

"Thank, guys. Just why are you all so nice?"

"Do friends need a reason to do nice things for one another?" Jimmy smiled.

Suddenly, a clock buzzed. "Yikes! We need to get into the park!" Katrina said suddenly, jumping out of her chair and heading for the lobby. "ONWARDS TO ADVENTURE!"

Jimmy elbowed Tom. "I think it's already started. Just I wonder who has that catchphrase?"


Compared to how lethargic she was some days, Katrina felt really full of energy today, whizzing along the pathways with quite a lot of speed and a bouncy spring in her step, rather like that Crystal Prep girl a few days ago. Turning a few corners and wandering through City Walk for a change of geography, she noticed the place had a fair few restaurants that could serve nicely for their final meal tomorrow. She made a mental note to recall their locations, and tell the others of these findings, so they could all have a nice place to celebrate their first ever transformation trip together. She finished her way through City Walk, and entered Islands of Adventure after crossing a short bridge. Now then, what was she looking for? Oh, yes, she was meant to be looking for a stunt show, and then finding her pur-

She shook her head. There were unwanted thoughts in there, unwanted thoughts that she wanted gone as you'd expect for somebody like her. She already knew her life's purpose; be a decent person. She walked onwards, glancing about for any signs of what she was looking for. It took many minutes of walking together before suddenly-

-nothing happened. I've already made this joke, haven't I?

Anyhoozle, Katrina went onwards and onwards, until the very moment it happened. Somebody's foot caught her own, and she went flying forward and landed on the ground. This was extremely lucky, as otherwise she might have floated away.

"heEY!" She said. "Watch where you're going!"

This soon proved to be a cause of alarm. Her voice was too high in pitch, and kept on going up and up until she was certain only dogs would be able to understand her.

"Oh no!" she exclaimed, as her glasses started sliding off her face. "Not here! I need to hide!"

She sped off, as quickly as speed demanded, and the speed of one thousand thundering gazelles, which is a silly simile, if you think about it, as one thousand gazelles running together would all run at the exact same speed, thereby making this comparison nonsense. The matters were also not helped by the fact the distance to the nearest washrooms seemed to be getting bigger, not smaller, and everything seemed larger than it had been a few seconds ago. This was a critical clue as to who the next character was.

"Not another pre-teen!"

She finally reached her destination, now having the stature of a twelve year old, her clothes being a bit too big for her, and crashed into a stall, slamming it shut seconds before her hair started growing. Turning to the mirror, Katrina got a full spectator view of what was going on. She was absolutely tiny now, and huge locks of pink and purple hair cascaded down her back and over her shoulders. White pigmentation had mostly replaced her previously tan skin, and her eyes were now green. As she continued to look on in a mixture of curiosity and confusion, she grimaced as her hips suddenly popped inwards and her breasts shrank, until she was as flat as a board.

"This is so not fun," she groaned, remembering the last time this sort of thing had happened. Cozy Glow.

Her body seemed to have concluded its various shenanigans, and her clothes suddenly came to life. Her shoes changed into boots and began to grow up her legs, turning pink in the process, and were soon threaded with yellow straps held in place with silver buckles as they terminated just below her knees. Her shorts merged together into a skirt, having shrunken onto her much smaller body by this point, and the garment turned yellow as the zip and buttons vanished. The skirt grew longer until it dropped to her knees. Katrina couldnt deny how weird it felt to suddenly be in a skirt.

Her T shirt turned pink and white, threaded with the two colours in an alternating pattern, and a pink jacket soon appeared on top of her shirt, held in place with a belt with another silver buckle. A hairband later, and it was complete.

It took one glance to establish which character this was.

"OH COME ON!"


Sweetie Belle strolled out of the bathroom, trying to make up for her day being sent weird by suddenly being a preteen girl who was vertically challenged. She finally reached her destination.

The Eighth Voyage of Sinbad, a stunt show so famously bad it was hilarious. Now in The Lost Continent, not too far from where John had been yesterday with the vastly superior Poseidon's Fury, she entered into the theatre and took a seat.

They had been right. It was incredibly boring, apart from when it was funny for all the wrong reasons.


Now here she was, with Button Mash, and Twilight, eating an ice cream and being very confused indeed. "Can somebody explain how I went to something that's shut?" she asked.

"Perhaps all the parallel characters are causing time rifts!" Twilight exclaimed, pushing her glasses back up her face as they were constantly falling off. "THIS IS SO FASCINATING!"

"Parallel whats?"

"Basically, some of the people in the park are multiple forms of people who have coexisted. See Sandbar over there?"

Button Mash and Sweetie Belle both looked over and nodded.

"He is an instance of Tom Haddington, as was the Ocellus we saw a few days ago. They are existing at the same time, which is quite confusing when you think about it, and maybe it's causing all sorts of weird things to happen, like closed rides reappearing!"

"Shame it was that stunt show and not Jaws," Button grumbled. He finished his ice cream, and got up. "Wanna go into the park again, Sweetie Belle?"

"Sure!" Sweetie Belle squeaked, and the pair set off.


The waterfront in the main park was as stunning as ever. The two stood there, smiling, as they watched others having fun, just soaking up the atmosphere.

"Hey, uh, Sweetie Belle, there's something I wanted to say."

"Sure!"

"Can I hold your hand? With your permission, of course."

Sweetie Belle paused for a second, and then nodded, taking Button's hand. The pair stood there for another few moments, before a crowd speaking startled them.

"More Equestria Girls characters! I told you Universal has the liscence for them!"

"Oh boy," Button mumbled. Then he remembered something. "Hey guys!" he called. "Nice of all of you to come out here today! Now, uh, Sweetie Belle and I are, um, gonna do something cool!"

"What?"

Button hit play, and a very familiar track to SweetieMash fans began to play.


"Got my sword with Sharpness II.
Look, that Zombie's got one too! (What?!) Out of bread, what do I do?
I'm low on hearts, this is my doom.

"I don't even have a tool.
Come on Button/Sweetie, play it cool.
Though I'm here to fight for you I'm biting more than I can chew.
My life passes by through that Ender Eye I'm scared.
Oh well.
And I'm pretty sure there's a big Creeper right there! ...
Oh Dang.

"Don't mine at night!
I know you're lookin' at that cave
And you're feelin' kinda brave
Go to bed you'll be alright
Don't mine at night!
Don't go deeper, make a change.
Get that gold and get away, Zombies wanna' eat our brains (Wait, what?).
Don't mine at night.
I'll fight away the skeletons
While you're looking for diamonds
They're getting closer, better run.
Don't mine at night.
No, this won't be our final day.
Take my hand we'll find a way- ay a- woah- oh.
Don't mine at night.

"I turn a sec, you're getting shot.
Then jump through a portal, well, why not?!
When I think it can't get worse
An Ender herd shows up, of course!
Now you say you need Glowstone,
And want to mine it on your own.
Then to save you from the lava I fall in,
I should have known.
This is the last time I try to be your light.
I failed.
So bad.
I lost all my stuff It was really tough That's it!
Rage quit!

"Don't mine at night.
I know you're lookin' at that cave
And you're feelin' kinda brave.
Go to bed you'll be alright.
Don't mine at night.
Don't go deeper, make a change.
Get that gold and get away,
Zombies wanna' eat your brains.
Don't mine at night.
Please don't get caught by skeletons while you're looking for diamonds.
They're getting closer, better run.
Don't mine at night.
No, this won't be your final day
Hold on tight I'm on my way- ay a- woah- oh.
Don't mine at night!"


Such was the astonishment of the crowd that they applauded, and an impromptu meet and greet was done with the pair (even if some people struggled to recognise Button Mash, which he found annoying).

"That was something," said one visitor as he walked toward another section of the park. "The voice coaching is amazing. That girl playing Sweetie Belle looked and sounded just like her!"

Sweetie Belle looked at Button. "When are they going to click this isn't makeup?"

"Hey, little bro! Having fun with your girlfriend?"

Button facepalmed. "Oh dang."

Author's Note:

Frustratingly, this is the only decent Sweetie Belle vector there is. I was going to use the following screenshot, but then spotted an animation error.

Sweetie Belle's leg is clipping through her skirt.

This gives you a good idea of what their duet sounds like.

Sadly, I never had a chance to see Sinbad, but I watched a YouTube video of the show a while back and spent most of that howling with laughter.

PreviousChapters Next