• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,050 Views, 1,404 Comments

6 Universal Nights - The Blue EM2



Journey to a place of magic... just not the magic the builders intended.

  • ...
5
 1,404
 1,050

PreviousChapters Next
Night 6: Lullaby for a Vice-Principal

Tom shared Katrina (or rather, Twilight's) apparent confusion and consternation over her current predicament, not least her current outfit. "I half imagined you weren't too keen on that particular outfit. I had a similar reaction when I first saw Equestria Girls."

Twilight was trying to adjust the dress she found herself in, to no success. "This is way too short! I'll need to find something else later, but-"

Moments later, her head snapped up, and she began heading off into the distance, apparently unaware of what had just taken place. "That wasn't there yesterday. This phenomena needs investigating right away!"

Tom called after her. "Twilight, aren't you-! Oh, never mind." Suspecting she was lost now that there was strange things to examine and make science experiments on, he, for reasons best known to himself, decided to head towards Diagon Alley, where magical things happening would at least make some sort of sense.


But what was going on today? First, their affliction was proceeding as normal but was seemingly hell bent on stuffing them over, the park seemed a lot less crowded than normal, and not only that, there were strange things shimmering in the light. This Tom was aware of as older attractions seemed to be popping up. He passed The Funtastic World of Hannah-Barbera, which was long gone, replaced by a ride which itself was long gone, and he could've sworn he briefly heard John shouting something about blue, but he really had no idea what this blue was, to be honest. He bravely pressed onwards, along the waterfront, walking past a tree that had somehow flown into the water by forces unknown. This itself needed further explanation, and Tom was keen to find it.

Along the way, the heat began to get a bit much. It also felt like there was increased weight pulling on his scalp. Tom settled upon stopping for an ice cream at a stand, and purchased one.

"Well, guv, you should've seen what happened earlier!" the attendant said. "There was a blonde girl who flipped a tree an' all! It flew into the water! Then she changed into this little kid! It was like something out of a film!"

Tom thought to himself. That description sounded very close to Steph, so it must have got to her earlier today. "Where did she go next?"

"Oh, onto the DeLorean ride," the attendant replied.

"Back to the Future."

"Back to the Future, that's what I said." The attendant looked at Tom. "The blue dye suits you, sir. Not so convinced about the low fringe, though. I'd leave your forehead exposed."

I think I know what's going on, Tom thought to himself. He purchase the finished- I mean, he finished the purchase, and then headed off on his way, determined to get clear before anything untoward happened. Walking away from the Institute of Future Technology, he found a good place to pause and hide, but unfortunately it was occupied.

"Oh, well. Somebody is going to see it." Tom finished the ice cream, and stood at the waterfront to monitor things. His hair was indeed blue, with the low fringe and a strand hanging in an annoying manner across his forehead, curled oddly at the top. As he observed this most peculiar phenomenon, he noticed that it had shifted to two tone, with several lighter blue strands now flowing through the previously dark blue one. Fiddling with it briefly, he jumped briefly when it began growing longer, stopping when it reached his hips. The two colours were now roughly 50-50 in split, and Tom subconsciously brushed some of it back with his hand as he wasn't used to having this much.

"This would've been perfect for Jimmy," Tom sighed quietly. His lack of resistance was due to his having gotten use to this entire state of affairs. He knew he had no control over what was happening. He just had to let it finish, but it nontheless still felt very odd.

He suddenly became aware of his face reshaping, the cheekbones rising, his nose becoming more petite, his lips becoming slightly larger (and his reflection revealed they had turned blue, as had most of his skin (although that was a very light shade of blue indeed)). His eyes switched colour to suddenly be turquoise, and his eyebrows turned dark blue.

His Adam's Apple faded into his neck, causing his voice to rise in pitch, although not very far, and his shoulders slowly retracted inwards as his arms and legs got longer, followed by his torso as he actually grew in height, rather than shrank as was normally the case. His clothing was getting a bit tight, and his shirt didn't fit properly when he felt his chest become oddly warm. He looked down and saw two mounds pushing forward underneath, stopping at what Tom guessed were B cups. He'd got oddly good at guessing this, and sure enough he felt something else appear to secure them in place.

His hips began to push outwards, which was starting to strain his slacks, and his manhood was suddenly pulled into his body, which, when all was said and done, was her body. Swapping genders never ceased to feel odd, or weird. Tom didn't get why Jimmy liked it so much. She was so busy ruminating on this she was caught off guard when her rear began swelling in size, though when it stopped it was pretty small. Thankfully her slacks didn't tear.

Her hands and feet shrank in size, to smaller proportions, but not too small, just a bit daintier. It was obvious to all observing who this was.

"Vice-Principal Luna."

Tom felt her shirt collar suddenly close up, and saw it was now a white dog collar with a dark blue symbol of a crescent moon appear on it. Her shirt stretched in order to fit properly, meaning her midriff was no longer visible, and turned a purple shade. A dark blue belt appeared on top of that, held in place with a silver buckle.

Her slacks, obviously not designed for a woman to wear, changed shape to accomodate gains in certain areas, and lost all but their top pockets near the tops of the legs, and they tightened slightly around them, to become more like business attire, an illusion continued when her shoes closed up, with the laces being replaced by white and pink leather, and a heel grew out of the bottom. Of course she had to be wearing heels, footwear Tom wasn't used to, and she wobbled about as she tried to get going again.

"Those are only fours," said a bystander.

"I usually wear twos with my business attire," Luna replied, as she walked in a random direction.


Oddly, it took her little time to get used to walking in heels. Her next destination was somewhere around the lake, but to her surprise she was suddenly walking through a New England fishing village, not Diagon Alley as she had anticipated.

"I don't recall this being here yesterday," Luna admitted. "The magic is having some odd side effects if closed rides are appearing in the parks." However, her eyes lit up when she saw what one of these returned rides was.

JAWS.

Without so much as a second thought, Luna went and joined the queue, which was mercifully short as most people had gone over to Gringotts bank. Something about a withdrawal, or something like that.


Jaws is the Universal ride that needs no introduction. A world first in terms of production quality, theming, and storytelling, the same sadly could not be said of its complete lack of reliability. In fact, it broke down so often it had to be rebuilt many times in order to get it working properly, and then its exhorbitant fuel use had prohibited long term operation. Alas, when Harry Potter called, Jaws had to go. And so it did. But not today. Today, it was back and biting with a vengeance.

The boat departed the dock for a delightful (they hoped) voyage of Amity, a lovely fishing village in scenic Massachusetts. Along the way, the chipper skipper narrated the tale of the shark attacks of 1975, in which a Great White had attacked the town before being blown up by Chief Brody (who was played by Roy Scheider in the Spielberg film). The town had some nice quaint buildings, a cannery, and even the usual supply shop with tackle, lines, baits, and yellow barrels. Exactly what you need whilst fishing.

As they approached the church, however, it got weird. Another skipper suddenly radioed in for help, but the message rapidly turned into garbled screaming before cutting out entirely.

"This can't be good," Luna mused.

"It's probably a power line fault."

"What sort of power line has teeth?"

The radio crackled back into life. "He was headed back in. Skipper, you wouldn't mind checking the location?"

"Roger that, sir!"

The boat rounded a bend to reveal a sinking boat with huge holes bitten out of it by a shark. Moments later, he surfaced.

Jaws was back for revenge.

"Switch to grenade launcher, over!"

The skipper was not very good with the weapon, and constantly missed, his shots landing everywhere but the shark.

"I'm not hugely confident with this person in charge," Luna sighed.

The boat went into an old boathouse for refuge from the shark, but it went very dark. Things began falling off walls, and after a transformer blew out, the shark lunged at the boat again, shrieking as it did so.

"Sharks cannot shriek, they have no vocal chords!"

The boat exited the boathouse and got outside, where Chief Brody radioed the crew and told them he was coming. Moments after that, the shark attacked again, and then a fuel pump exploded, raising the heat and covering everything in flames. As the boat rounded a bend, there was a high voltage cable. The shark grabbed onto it and shrieked once again as high voltage electricity coursed through it.

"Smile, you big son of a-"

With those immortal words, a nearby pressure tank exploded, and the shark was torn to pieces in a shower of blood and gore.

"Yuck!" Luna exclaimed. "It'll be a nightmare to wash that out, I imagine."

A shark corpse floated nearby as the boat returned to the dock, and everything was right and good in the world.


Her clothes miraculously unblemished, Luna sat outside the ride entrance with a giant shark hanging up. "When sharks are not around," she said, "Amity must be a nice place to live. It's such a shame that so many will never get to experience that ride."

"Vice-Principal Luna!" called a voice. Luna looked up and saw it was one of her students, a freshman named Prickleberry. "This ride isn't normally here!"

"Hello Prickleberry!" Luna smiled. "Something very peculiar is going on in the park, and I intend to find out what."

Minutes later, a fireball erupted in the viscinity of Soundstage 44.

"That came from near Soundstage 44!" Prickleberry shouted.

""It sounds as though somebody is in trouble. Let's go!"


It was as if they had stepped into a vision of hell itself. Many things were on fire. Flames burned on buildings, the tarmac was heating up, and fire crews were mobilising to try and put of the blazes. A jet of flame roared into the air from the lake, turning the water orange.

"What fiend could have caused this?" Luna asked.

"Hello sister!" called a maniacal voice. Daybreaker flew into view.

"Celestia! You must put a stop to this madness!" Luna begged.

"Celestia is no more. I am Daybreaker! All of reality shall bow to me!"

"If you don't stop, reality shall cease to exist!"

"If you won't stand aside, then you shall burn too. There are many parallel worlds out there, but this is one I can easily destroy."

Luna knew, despite that mad exterior, Celestia was still in there, screaming for help to be freed from her prison. "Then I have no choice. I invoke Project Noctis!"

Moments later, Luna was surrounded by a harsh blue light.

Author's Note:

Given we had Celestia earlier, it was only reasonable Luna would follow. This was a fun one to write too, and allows me to dislodge another of Jimmy's monopolies.

Do I really need to introduce Jaws: the Ride? It spent is entire life plagued by mechanical problems and constant rebuilding. The ending was also changed several times. This description is based on the 1st and 2nd versions of the ride.

Tomorrow, things get a little darker, as the future of Universal Studios hangs in the balance...

PreviousChapters Next