• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,050 Views, 1,404 Comments

6 Universal Nights - The Blue EM2



Journey to a place of magic... just not the magic the builders intended.

  • ...
5
 1,404
 1,050

PreviousChapters Next
Night 3: Wow. This ride is, like, so thrilling

Islands of Adventure was, in its current state, a most apt title for a theme park. The place was certainly a good place for thrills, and Jimmy was certainly aware of that. He and his closest friends had travelled all over the place, one time over to California and back, but this was the first time they had come to a place especially close to home. Although he was from all over the place, he was a Southerner at heart, and he certainly knew that he was lucky to be in easy striking distance of one of the world's best theme park resorts. He was especially thankful for this, based on some of the horror stories Tom had told him about Thorpe Park back in England (although Alton Towers was apparently very good, especially the WICKER MAN.

He just had to be sure not quote its most famous line around Katrina, as she might take offence. Where she would put this fence was a mystery to him, but anyways he would take the fence and not give it to her.

Oh dear, I'm rambling nonsensically again, aren't I? That will never do, and so we must return to the story. Jimmy had last been here over a decade ago, with his family, and the place had changed greatly in the time that he was gone. However, some old classics still remained, and one of those old classics was his ride target today.

Those who have been living under rocks will not know of who Spiderman is, but those who do not live under rocks do not need any introduction to the irradiated superhero (and victim of spider bites. Yeesh, not fun at all). Naturally, Spiderman is a popular culture icon, and many comics, TV shows, and films (all of varying quality) have been made about him. Being a Marvel property, he is now owned by Disney, but not back then. When the ride went into development in 1996, Universal had a licensing agreement with Marvel, and as such the character was in the can for a ride.

And what a ride. It was one of the most advanced theme park attractions ever built when it opened in 1999, and was so clever many of its features were reused in Men in Black: Alien Attack which was covered in the last chapter. Jimmy stood outside, when suddenly a voice called to him. "Jimmy?"

Jimmy turned around, and looked at Tom, who was looking at him. "Hey Tom! Haven't you got a ride to be going to?"

"Not at the minute," Tom replied. "Storm Force Acellatron is down for maintenance until later. And you forgot these." In his hand was a spare glasses case.

"Thanks," Jimmy replied. "You know, I wonder why I went without these. Given how often my glasses get destroyed and all."

"Don't we all know it," Tom answered. "Anyways, I'll get some ice cream or something like that. See you!" And Tom rushed off into the crowd before Jimmy could say anything else.

"Well, that was weird." Jimmy shrugged.

"Can this day get any WEIRDER?!" asked a voice in front of him. The voice belonged to none other than Silverstream, from yesterday, and she seemed to recognise him. "Hey Jimmy!"

"Nice to see you again!" Jimmy replied. "So, had the same idea as me, huh?"

"Well, this is an AMAZING ride, it's in the name! And it means that I haven't got Seaspray in my hair the entire time!"

"General Seaspray?" Jimmy ventured.

"Admiral Seaspray," Silverstream corrected. "I have no idea why people think he's a general. General's command infantry and ground assets, not ships!"

"Thank you for that information," Jimmy told her.

"Seen Gallus or Smoulder anywhere?" the girl enquired, bouncing up and down whilst reading a plumbing diagram. "Sandbar, Yona and I can't find them!"

Jimmy felt sad. Did he break her heart and reveal they were both no longer here, or stay quiet? "Oh, I'm certain you'll find them," he said. "Ocellus may be somewhere too, if I recall correctly."

"I hope so, because I worry about my friends. You saw how frantic Thorax was yesterday!"

Jimmy hadn't, actually. A giant green Changeling (TM) was news to him. "That must've been strange," he admitted. "Ah well. The queue's moving."


And in they went, into the queue line, which took them into a room which was a recreation of the Daily Bugle's headquarters in New York (where news was written), and the listeners had it hammered into them that the place was a place of very high integrity. As new reporters, they were shown a brand new vehicle called the Scoop, which looked suspiciously like a 3D box. Suddenly, they were informed that the Statue of Liberty had been nicked by a group of crooks, and there were no other news reporters to report on the problem. So it looked like it was down the the riders to get the news in and bring home the bacon.

"This sounds rather like something me and my friends had to deal with once," Silverstream admitted. "Something about a hole in the floor."

Jimmy paid her no mind as they walked down a corridor to the vehicle loading bay. He was, in truth, starting to feel off. "This place is, like, so cold," he complained. Little did he notice his garments were gradually covering less and less of his body as they underwent a morph. Good thing he didn't believe the moustache or he would lose a mile of Irish hair.

He took a seat in the vehicle, and adjusted his lap bar before the vehicle set off into the darkness, not noticing his slacks had separated into a pair of leggings (filled with holes) and a black skirt that barely reached down his thighs. As the vehicle rolled into action, J. Jonah Jameson began to speak to them, warning them of oncoming crime waves.

Seconds later, a symbol appeared, and the voice started up again. Again, the warning was pretty typical to not mess up.

Abruptly, the ride changed from a live set to a projected one, complete with Spiderman jumping out of nowhere and landing on the vehicle, before warning them of the imminent danger. Jimmy, on the other hand, was still too oblivious to notice that coat was gone and his polo shirt had changed to a black tank top with a goth necklace of a heart around his neck.

Silverstream, however, did take notice. "I have no idea what's weirder; this ride, or you!"

"What are you-" Jimmy looked down at himself. "This is, like, so rubbish."

Avoiding being hit by Stan Lee (RIP), they entered a building and discovered the villains. Doctor Octopus, Electro, Scream, Hydroman and Hobgoblin were holding the Eiffel Tower hostage, and set about bickering with one another.

"These guys are, like, more chaotic than the Legion of Doom. Wait, I've, like, been this person before," Jimmy went on, sounding more and more like a disinterested Goth. His skin was, by this point, grey, and his eyes were joined by dark blue eyeliner and amber eyes attached to his eyeballs (go figure). Anyways, they succesfully escaped from the villains, and headed out into another showpiece, where Doc-Oc raised them into the air and Spiderman succesfully lowered them back down whilst still fighting off the Synister Syndicate.

Jimmy, on the other hand, was basically gone. His hair was now purple, and his physical body was female. To all observing, he was Moonlight Raven now.


After that truly mad adventure, Jimmy (sorry, Moonlight Raven) headed for Men in Black, as apparently Steph had been there. After Steph (now Autumn) filled him in on all the craziness that had happened. However, moments later, they both spotted a pair heading toward them, who looked very familiar.

Author's Note:

Moonlight Raven is one of the customers who appears in Canterlot Boutique.

Spiderman is an impressive achievement as a ride, but not being a Spiderman fan I didn't really understand what was going on.

Jimmy briefly references this story;

[Unpublished stories cannot be embedded]

PreviousChapters Next