• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,050 Views, 1,404 Comments

6 Universal Nights - The Blue EM2



Journey to a place of magic... just not the magic the builders intended.

  • ...
5
 1,404
 1,050

PreviousChapters Next
Night 6: Supercharged

Having visisted the others for a bit-

Start again. Having visited the others for a bit, let us return momentarily to Steph, who like most of them was in the main park and not Islands of Adventure. She and John were walking side by side as they headed into the park, and passed under the mighty gates.

"So, how is it for a last day?" Steph asked John, noticing John seemed a bit glum.

"I'm not a fan of last days," John sighed. "The problem with good days is they end. Bad ones seem to go on forever."

"But you've had a good time, haven't you? Besides, the day isn't over yet. It's still only the morning, and there's still a whole day of fun, games, and adventure to go at, which ought to make this a day to remember."

"That's true," John replied, as he looked up ahead. "Wait a second, that's Princess Twilight as she appears at the Fall Formal!"

"Oh!" Steph exclaimed. "It is! I wonder how she got here?"

"Was that a genuine question or sarcasm?"

"I'm not sure."

"Right." John shook his head as he looked up at a street sign for directions, posting him towards various rides and amusements. When he saw some of the names his face scrunched up in confusion. "Earthuake? The Big One? That wasn't there yesterday!"

"Nor was Twister: Ride it Out!"

John snorted. "Has April Fool's come early? Next thing you tell me, Kongfrontation will be back in the park!"

Both of them laughed at this, before they stopped laughing, as speaking and laughing at the same time is incredibly difficult and generally renders you unintelligible and it to be hard to of breathing in properly. "Well, I'll be on my way," Steph smiled, as she turned off. "Watch out for anything weird!"

"We've been changing into fictional characters for almost a week now, I think we've seen all the weird stuff that can happen."

John had no idea how wrong he was.


Steph continued on her way toward the place where The Simpsons Ride was, where this all began those many, many days ago that felt like months before. As she strolled along, she noticed other odd things. If you look across the lake from Springfield, you can see the buildings of Diagon Alley rising high into the sky like meteoric precipices of height and grandeur, with some very interesting architecture to match their odd appearance.

Only there seemed to be a New England fishing village next to it!

"I do not remember that being there yesterday. Tom mentioned something about magic causing problems, so this might be it?"

Her confusion was made more apparent when she turned up where the Simpsons Ride should have been. Instead, something called the 'Institute of Future Technology' was there, with a DeLorean sitting outside. A pretty bad car, by all accounts. It was like this new building had been dropped on top of the other one, which wasn't really a problem as Steph felt that The Simpsons had gone into terminal decline anyway. They must've been desparate to keep milking that property!

Steph's attention was suddenly attracted to something nearby. There had been a strong gust of wind, from where nobody knew (somewhat contrived, I know, but please just roll with it) and this had caused a tree to come down on part of the pathway, crashing on top of the oft mentioned taco stand (a thought that would have Sonata in tears). Furthermore, somebody was trapped underneath it.

"Help!" they cried, turning out to be the operator of the stand. "Can somebody get this tree off my cart? I'm trapped!"

Steph, without thinking, went over and tried to lift the tree by herself, expecting it wouldn't move. What happened next caught everybody by suprise.

The tree flew through the air and flew into the water. Everything seemed to be in slow motion as the tree flipped and rolled and turned and bounced through the air, before toppling onto the watery foam with an incredibly loud splash that could be heard for about a mile, such was the force of the impact. Once time seemed to have returned to normal speed, everybody looked at Steph in astonishment.

"What did you just do?" a bystander asked.

Steph stepped back in confusion. Had she really just thrown a tree a great distance?

"Look, her face has gone pink! It must be from all the exertion!"

Purple hair of two separate tones fell into her eyes as she began to shrink. Desparate to get out of there before anything untoward or innapropriate happened, she began to sprint as best she could for cover before her shoes came flying off and she hit the ground.

Her skin was entirely pink now, and her hair was close to joining it in purpleness (is that a word? It is now). Bright blue eyes glowed from underneath a giant fringe, and without any further ado her clothing got in on the fun, changing from a usual representation of her ensemble. Her shirt, once again, shrank onto her body and became a T shirt, coloured purple, naturally, and her pants morphed into a purple short skirt. Trainers appeared on her feet, her old ones still too big for her, and these were coloured in purple with white trim.

Steph got up, confused, and looked over herself. "Who is this, even?" she asked. "I don't recognise this character from Equestria Girls!"

"I told you it wasn't special effects!" said one of the bystanders. "Magic does exist, and my footage of Vapour Trail proves it."

Steph wandered past them, looking at the ruins of the stand, and then a name came to mind. There had been a filly with super strength who had been bullied by Diamond Tiara back in the old days. Now, what did the fans call her? Fruit, something or other?

Of course! "Prickleberry. Well, I'd better get in line. I have a ride to catch."


The plot of Back to the Future: the Ride is borderline incomprehensible, but seems to consist of chasing somebody in a time travelling car through time. Sounds reasonable enough, right? As the car finished starting up, they suddenly accelerated to 88 miles per hour and were thrown into 2015... five years ago.

Safe to say, their prediction of the future was a little off. The car proved to be almost impossible to steer, crashing through signs and buildings as it tried to keep up. They nearly got them, but the car warped, and so did they by crashing through a clock.

Suddenly, they were flying through ice caverns and stalactites as they arrived in the ice age, before warping back even further to the dinosaur age, being eaten by a dinosaur, crashing into the other car, and then arriving back in the present day by crashing into the ride building.

"Well that was borderline nonsensical."


Strolling round to the other new thing she'd seen, Prickleberry saw she was now in Amity, a land that was no longer there. Not long after that, she saw Vice-Principal Luna sitting on a bench, enjoying an ice cream.

"Hello Prickleberry!" she said, something approximating a smile on her face. "Something very peculiar is going on in the park, and I intend to find out what."

No sooner had she said that, there was a loud explosion from across the lake. "That came from near Soundstage 44!"

"It sounds as though somebody is in trouble," Luna said. "Let's go!" And both teacher and student sped off in the direction of the calamity.

Author's Note:

Much like Gibson, no EqG art of Prickleberry exists, so here's her as a filly.

This ride was a pioneer of the motion simulator format, but relied on practical effects as much as it did screens. Sadly no longer around, the below video is a stunning recreation of the ride experience (sans movement).

PreviousChapters Next