• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,050 Views, 1,404 Comments

6 Universal Nights - The Blue EM2



Journey to a place of magic... just not the magic the builders intended.

  • ...
5
 1,404
 1,050

PreviousChapters Next
Night 6: Two of Twilight

Ink had, for some reason, chosen that instead of staying with his six fellow friends, he would instead go it alone as was his custom. Instead, he went into Islands of Adventure solo, given that the most of his typical interactions with other people were people who worked for his company, which was only a select few as the lowers downs rarely came to him with anything. Although he had enjoyed this time with his friends, there was a certain part of him that wanted to do things on his own. So that is precisely what he was doing whilst he was in this park. However, as he was walking around, he couldn't help but notice some very strange anomalies right out of a science fiction film.

When he consulted his park map, for instance, there were quite a few attractions marked that weren't there yesterday. For instance, Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure was there but Duelling Dragons was next to it, when the former was built on top of the latter and was a replacement of somewhat questionable reliability. Lightning Dust (whom he got the impression was originally Tom based on how that Sugar Belle girl was talking) had stated it had constantly broken down whilst they were trying to get on it in the first day, leading them to ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey heaven knows how many times. But today, TODAY, it would hopefully work. All of his hopes were placed on that ride being operational as he had heard, despite its mechanical issues, it was seriously good.


Even if you aren't the biggest of Harry Potter fans, many people on both sides of the pond know of Hagrid, the giant groundskeeper of Hogwarts played by Robbie Coltrane in the films. However, a certain level of camera trickery was required to make the 6 foot something Coltrane appear at least 8 or 9 feet tall, which consisted of having multiple sets built in different sizes, and having Coltrane stand on top of boxes when he was with other characters to avoid spoiling the illusion. Naturally, his hut and his vast collection of strange and wonderful animals, such as Buckbeack-

"STAIRS!"

I said Buckbeak, not Silverstream. Miss Hyper Active, please go back to bed.

"Oh man!"

Thank you. Anyways, Hagrid's vast collection of strange animals made a perfect subject for a theme park ride, and so construction on Hagrid's Magical Creatures had begun in 2017 as soon as the last column of Dragon Challenge came crashing down. Opening in August 2019, about when Tom, Katrina, and Jimmy were at Disney, the ride cost a whopping $300 million to build and design- three times as expensive as Expedition Everest. It also had the much desired effect of drawing crowds away from Disney. Sadly, the ride didn't work properly and has been plagued with reliability problems from day one. It's even more unreliable that Derren Brown's Ghost Train- something I would not have thought possible. But at least it drew crowds away from rides like Flight of the Hippogriff-

"See? I told you I was in this story!"

There are more hippogriffs than you. Go back to breaking windows in Montgomery. Anyways, Ink decided that, if the God's willed it, he would get on Florida's longest rollercoaster at least once. It was time to enter the queue, and see what was happening.


Ink was thankful he had procured an Express ticket for this ride, as otherwise waiting for two hours in this weather would be awful. The ticket, much like the Fastpass+ system at Disney, gave you a timeslot to enter and then merged the two lines. It would only cut his wait in half to an hour (the wait being an hour, not half an hour just to clarify), but at least that was better than the alternative. Nobody knew why he insisted on going anywhere and everywhere wearing business attire, but that was his preference. So, he checked his ticket in, and away he went.

A short segment of 'Hedwig's Theme' played as he checked the ticket in, and he walked into the line, not noticing the odd purple energies floating in the air as he walked into the line.

He had been queueing for about 30 minutes, give or take a few seconds, when he noticed something off. His hand seemed to be smaller, as he looked at it so. As he continued looking, it began to shrink before his very eyes, changing in size to that of a young girl.

"Well, here we go again," he sighed, as his other hand shrank, followed by his arms reducing in diameter and length. His broad, wide, powerful, cliche ridden shoulders abruptly pushed inwards, leaving his clothing loose, as his torso began to decrease in size, shrinking to a teenage girl's proportions. Then, his legs and feet began shrinking, his shoes getting loose and his socks almost falling off as his feet became smaller, daintier. Shortly after that, his legs got shorter and slimmer, followed by his hips popping outwards and his rear growing in size briefly. Then his manhood got pulled into his body, producing a strange sound as it did so that caught people's attention that was only compounded by the sensation of her chest growing into a pair of breasts. They were by no means large, but still clearly noticable.

"She looks a bit odd in all that!" said one visitor.

"Are you sure that wasn't a man earlier?" asked another.

Ink had no time to respond as her skin was suddenly washed with lavender pigment, and her eyes turned purple. Moments later, a giant fringe fell into her eyes and her hair grew longer, running a long way down her back before suddenly looping back on itself and tying itself into a bun. All this hair was predominantly blue, with a purple streak, and a much wider pink one.

Shortly after that, her clothing suddenly woke up, her formal shoes changing into a pair of dark blue loafers with a light blue stripe running along them and a light blue buckle with a turquoise gem set into it. Her socks grew up her legs and turned purple, before gaining extra material hanging off the top. Her pants merged into a single skirt, followed by the zip and button vanishing from duty forevermore, replaced by elastic to hold it in place. These garments had all been shrinking onto her body to ensure they didn't fall off, and the skirt then shrank up her legs, turned purple, and then gained a tartan pattern of white, blue, yellow, and pink lines. Her business shirt shrank onto her body, her tie remaining black but the shirt turning turquoise, and her jacket's sleeves shrank back until it formed a purple waistcoat. She quickly folded her collar down as black glasses appeared on her face, and with that it was over.

Seconds later, a purple device around her neck started beeping, and a light on it began to flash. "Ah!" Twilight grinned. "Perfect! The magical interference is this way, at the end of the queue. Well, I suppose I'll have to wait a little longer."

"They totally got this idea from Disney," said a woman.

"What idea?" asked another.

"Having costumed characters riding the rides. Remember, Alice and the Mad Hatter periodically ride on the teacups."

"Oh, right," the second woman smiled. "That makes sense."


Twilight, after another few minutes of waiting, boarded the ride, sitting in the sidecar rather than on the motorbike. That was, apparently, the more fun of the two positions to ride in. After a few minutes of checking the harnesses and lap bars, the train set off as Hagrid issues some warning, followed by the train dropping through a drop, taking a cantilevered bend, and then hitting a brake run before launching off again. The train, picking up speed once more, roared through sharps drops, sudden climbs, and another brake run, before skidding to a stop inside a building where a scorpion like thing was rotating around on a platform.

"No screens," Twilight noted. "A good start." The train then left the building and hit a magnetic launch section, where it blasted off up a hill and into some abandoned ruins. The train executed a half corkscrew, before racing through sharp drops, pitched curves, and other features on the circuit. The train slowed down past Fluffy, and then launched off again through a smoke drop, before climbing again and abruptly stopping, before the ride reversed direction.

"They got that from Expedition Everest."

The train continued to run backwards, through fierce bends and tight curves, though the clearly visible track switch was a bit of an immersion breaker. The train then reversed into a cave, took a sharp left, and reversed through the Forbidden Forest before stopping. As the roots of the Whomping Willow reached down, the track dropped vertically, before being blasted with fire. Hitting another magnetic launch, the ride flew along through more fierce and violent curves, before going into a more sedate section with unicorns.

"My Little Pony, My Little Pony-"

"Who's singing that?" Twilight asked.

Then the ride returned to the station.


Twilight's energy device was still reading elsewhere in the park, so the rides weren't the source of the anomaly. This merited further exploration, and she set off, following the tracker as she went.

Author's Note:

Sci-Twi's introduction to the series was somewhat divisive in the fandom, but the character ultimately went on to be positively received, having the other Twilight's traits, but distinct enough to be her own personality and character. This also means, for the first time, we have two different characters TF into different versions of the same character as well as two alternate versions of Twilight at the same time.

Fun fact; Hagrid is mostly played by a stunt double on this ride, as Robbie Coltrane was in poor health at the time the ride footage was recorded. Sadly, this ride hadn't opened when I was last there, but it looks good based on YouTube videos.

PreviousChapters Next