• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,050 Views, 1,404 Comments

6 Universal Nights - The Blue EM2



Journey to a place of magic... just not the magic the builders intended.

  • ...
5
 1,404
 1,050

PreviousChapters Next
Night 6: Scooter Boogie

John, as previously stated, was currently in the park alongside most of his friends, said park being Universal Studios Florida as opposed to Islands of Adventure, which is where Ink currently was. John was strolling along through Production Central, the first major themed land in the park, when he suddenly saw Tom vanish off into the distance. The odd thing is, his normally brown hair had streaks of dark blue in it, streaks that only seemed to be getting more prominent as time went by. Then again, it had happened so many times that trip that John had ceased to be surprised by it, a fact reinforced by the fact he saw Twilight Sparkle, in the weird dress she wears at the end of the original Equestria Girls, heading towards a ride. That wasn't the odd part. Oh no.

The ride was the odd part. Sitting there, where Revenge of the Mummy: the Ride should have been, was Kongfrontation. A ride that was long closed.

"How did that get there?" he asked, walking towards it and asking nobody in particular.

"Oh, it just appeared a few hours ago," said a bystander. "The park's trying to figure out how, but apparently a few others have appeared as well. See that building over there?"

"Yeah?"

"That's normally Shrek: 4-D, but if you look, it's now home to Hitchcock: the Art of Making Movies."

Amongst his many interests, John did enjoy researching and figuring out how film effects were done. He also had vague memories of his parents, when he was younger, playing 'spot the Hitchcock cameo' in his films. He shook those thoughts aside, given his less than cordial relations with his parents, and started onward as he did. "I think I'll go and give that a try," he said, walking over to the entrance. He soon got into line, where people were talking in an animated manner.

"I can't believe they've brought this back for one day!" said one visitor, a woman with sunglasses pushed so high up her forehead they looked like a pair of insect eyes (be afraid. Be very afraid). "I remember this from the opening day back in 1987!"

"How old were you then?" asked one of her fellow riders.

"15."

"A pity they got rid of a ride about practical effects and replaced it with screens," the other rider said. "Oh well, at least we can experience it one more time."

John was suddenly very suspicious. Last night, in the hotel lobby, Sweetie Belle had mentioned she had attended a showing of Sinbad. A long closed stunt show. Something very strange was going on here, and John suspected that their energies released when transforming might have something to do with it.


As the opening theatre in which the introductory film was played only had very limited occupancy, it was something of a long wait. John stood in line in the not too bad Florida heat for what felt like hours, but proved to only be minutes when he consulted the clock. At long last, the line once more began to move, and John was handed a pair of 3D glasses as he walked in, followed by his foot knocking into an object on the floor.

"What's this?" he asked, as he studied it in his hands. The object in question was a pith helmet, predominantly white, with black marks on the sides which were presumably where straps were attached. The helmet also had a band of green running around it, rather like a leaf, John thought. "Oh well. I'd probably best hold onto it. Somebody might have lost it, so I'll hand it in to a member of staff."

As he walked along, various posters of classic Hitchcock movies such as Rear Window and Vertigo were on display, as well as one about pigeons. What was it called?

Anyways, John strolled past some props from Hitchcock films and then took his seat, keeping the helmet on his lap as he did so, and placed his 3-D Glasses on his head (or rather his face, as they would be of no use on his forehead). As he looked on, the lights were darkened, and the film started.

The film mostly comprised footage from his films, cut in such a way it made little sense, but conveyed how revolutionary the filming techniques were. John, on the other hand, suddenly noticed he couldn't feel the helmet in his lap, and something seemed to be on his head.

Something heavy.

He reached up and, sure enough, it was the helmet. "Headgear can't just teleport!" he said quietly to himself, before he raised his arm and frowned. It no longer made him scream, it just rendered him mildly annoyed now.

His left hand was covered in orange (or peach) splotches, and something purple seemed to be in his eyes. The splotches began to spread, running up and down his arms like the drag and drop tool in MS Paint. Soon, all of his skin was covered, making him look somewhat sunburnt as his hair increased in volume but didn't grow any longer, instead staying where it was in terms of length.

His entire body began to shrink in size, his clothes becoming looser and looser as time went on, and without warning his manhood got yanked into his crotch, a sensation that never ceased to hurt. But nothing happened on her chest, suggesting this female character was young indeed. Her eyes then switched colour to a deep purple.

The film then went into another section, mostly of clips from Dial M for Murder. John's clothing suddenly came to life, her T shirt shrinking onto her smaller frame, but going green with a prominent collar folded down, giving the appearance of explorer's garb. Then, her pants shrank in size, as something else changed that we shall not discuss as I am not weird, and the legs got shorter and shorter until they had effectively become a pair of shorts plastered in pockets. Her trainers lost their laces and straps, that part covering over to create a boot, and a pair of metal plates were attached to the boots next to turquoise padding at the top to protect her legs from friction burns.

It seemed to have stopped, and just in time too, as the screen began to fall apart and a swarm of birds flew at them. Scootaloo ducked as air jets blasted air at the people in the theatre, and birds seemed to fly all around and slash at them.

As suddenly as the bird attack had started, it stopped, and the guests were guided into the next room, where they were shown how the 'shower scene' from Psycho was filmed (with difficulty). Once that was done, the next gallery consisted of interactive recreations of several scenes from Hitchcock films, uncluding the deceptively simple but extremely clever ending to Saboteur, which consisted of moving the camera up and away from the actors to create the illusion of falling.

Scoots chose to skip the gift shop, and found herself walking near Transformers the Ride, the site of the old Soundstage 44, when suddenly she heard insane laughter and a distinct burning sound. A large creature flew across her vision, and she chose to book it out of the area.

As she ran in any direction away from that thing, she skidded to a stop outside Kongfrontation to see Twilight sitting there, looking a bit off. "Hello, Scootaloo!" she said.

"Princess Twilight! We need your help!" Scootaloo cried. "She's gone mad!"

"Take me there!" Twilight exclaimed. "I hope nothing too bad has happened." The pair headed back in the other direction, and arrived near Transformers the Ride to see Sci-Twi there as well.

"What is that thing?" Sci-Twi asked. "It's radiating so much power!"

Princess Twilight gulped. "We're doomed!"

Author's Note:

Scootaloo has the fewest lines of dialogue of any Crusader, being completely mute until 2017 with one of the shorts. Even so, she definitely made an impression as did her friends (although I still think they could've held an entire special down by themselves).

This is another attraction that was sadly long gone by the time I went to Universal, and it's a shame, as the focus on the making of films has been discarded in favour of rides based on movies (something that is sadly creeping into Disney as well with the retheming of The Enchanted Tiki Room into a Moanna attraction).

PreviousChapters Next