• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,048 Views, 1,404 Comments

6 Universal Nights - The Blue EM2



Journey to a place of magic... just not the magic the builders intended.

  • ...
5
 1,404
 1,048

PreviousChapters Next
Night 1: Return of the Mummy

Steph was suddenly left on her own, as the others had, for some inexplicable reason, offed and left her on her own as they wandered into the parks. This she found rather annoying, as she'd been hoping to catch up with John a bit, not to mention finally get to meet Tom. She had heard a lot about him and Jimmy from Troy Creed, an old pen friend, and was aware they had had some quite amazing adventures. Having said that, her suspicions had been raised when she had phoned him whilst in Brentwood, trying to keep up with his antics, and had been confused when a different voice had answered her each night. She simply put it down to a bad line, but later on she found that Walt Disney World had seen a strange series of occurances involving Equestria Girls characters turning up in the parks, including a video that went viral entitled 'MAN TURNS INTO VAPOR TRAIL'. Though they couldn't be real, right? It was clearly some sort of elaborate prank!

Steph brushed these thoughts aside as simply as she brushed some hair out of her eyes, finding herself in the New York section of the main park. In the olden days, when the park still had its original complement of attractions, this place had been home to Kongfrontation, a ride based on King Kong (and more than a little inspired by the ride of the same name in Hollywood). However, owing to constant problems and power failures, the ride was eventually closed and the building remodelled, and it was this which Steph stood in front of now.

The Museum of Antiquities, or rather... Revenge of the Mummy: the Ride.

Steph checked her watch. The queue line didn't look too bad, and so she went and joined it, figuring some of the others would be back by the time she was done.


To say the 1933 film The Mummy is one of the most influential films ever made would be something of an understatement. From the visual effects to the themes of the long dead returning to wreak havoc on the living, many films and novels have taken bits from the pot of Imhotep. So much so, that a remake was released in 1999 to mixed reviews and box office success. This then spawned two less than brilliant sequels and an awful reboot. As well as this ride, which was well received.

As Steph stood in the queue line, they had suddenly moved to a set of a film, being set up as a sequel to the 1999 one. There was also some discussion about a curse being real or something like that. Steph was not much of a horror film fan, and most certainly had not seen these films, so she would have a hard time trying to understand what was going on. Basically, all she really needed to know was that an evil old dude called Imhotep was trying to kill them. Or something like that.

As she stood in line, seeing Brendan Fraser shout for coffee for the one millionth time (did the guy think he was Suri Polomare or something?), the queue suddenly turned into a 1940s excavation site of an Ancient Egyptian tomb. Now this was more like it, as Steph had learned about Ancient Egypt at school and had been deeply fascinated by it. As they entered, a door suddenly banged shut, and a voice spoke in her head.

"Such an airhead," it said. The voice was oddly familiar. "I highly doubt you'll even know I'm here."

Steph looked about her in confusion. "Who's there?" she asked. It was then she realised that the queue line was suddenly completely empty. Nobody was around. The corridors were dark. There was no light. "Where am I?"

"So, you can at least hear me," the voice said. "You seem at least to be a bit smarter than I thought. You may know me. I am Queen Chrysalis."

"How are you even talking?" Steph protested. "You're a fictional character!"

"I exist because of walls in the dimensions," Chrysalis replied. "I was locked in stone by the arch-monster Discord and his cronies Celestia and Luna. They even locked two others in with me. The monsters."

"I've seen the Season 9 finale, you know," Steph replied, before a searing pain cut through her head. "ARRRRGH!"

"SILENCE, FOALISH MORTAL!" Chrysalis boomed. "Good. My strength and will were enough to survive the entombing process, but Tirek and Cozy were not so lucky. They both died instantly. It's quite horrible when you think about it. When they crack them open in a few thousand years time, they'll only find corpses. But I digress. I'll tell you what I want. My species is in ruins. My hive is destroyed, ruled by the traitor Thorax and the rest of his disgusting kind. But I shall build a new hive on Earth. My body may be gone, but I can simply take a new one. Yours will do nicely."

"Wait, what?"

"This won't hurt a bit," Chrysalis laughed.


Steph screamed in agony as Chrysalis hijacked her body, forcibly starting to change things around and edit what she disliked. Her fingers began to merge into hooves, and a horn exploded out of her forehead.

"Why are you resisting? Can't you see this is good for you?"

"I'd rather die than live a monster!" Steph replied. "Now... GET... OUT... OF... MY... HEAD!"

The two engaged in a battle of wits, until Steph's transformation began to slow down, and even stopped completely.

"What?"

"I may not be able to stop this," Steph groaned, "but I can force you out and redirect it!" With that, her front hooves shattered, opening up into fingers once more, and the horn started to retract into her forehead.

Her skin darkened to a grey shade, and then her eyes flashed green as a tangled mess of blue hair fell down her face and into her eyes briefly, growing both in front of and behind her head. Her shirt shrank onto her body, followed by the sleeves shrinking back to change it into a green tank top. The gradient of the green became lighter the further down it you went. It was soon complemented by a black jacket on top, which itself was followed by her pants shrinking up her legs and merging together to create a black mini skirt, partially held in place by a black belt with a silver buckle. Her socks morphed into a pair of leggings with holes in them, with her trainers also turning black and morphing into a pair of black army boots.

Her height increased slightly, and her clothes expanded a bit as her hips widened a bit.

"You may have fought me off, but your soul will be mine!"

Steph quickly looked over her new form, before realising that she was suddenly back in the queue line. Everybody looked at this new arrival.

"Wow, you are HOT!" said a random guy.

Chrysalis decided to just roll with it. "What?" she grinned, trying her hardest to flirt. "You think you've got what it takes to ride with the best?"


After a bit more waiting, they boarded the ride, and the cart moved deeper into the tomb. A man called Reggie called to them. "Are you insane?! Get out of here! The curse is real; this whole place is a trap! He is after your souls!"

Suddenly, a figure in bandages appeared, smashing a sarcophagus open. This was the Imhotep of whom they had been warned. "Silence!" After killing the human trapped nearby, he turned to the riders. "With your souls, I shall rule for all eternity!"

Chrysalis rolled her eyes. "You don't scare me, bandage man!"

Imhotep seemed to take offence, and the car suddenly rolled into another room, filled with gold. Imhotep suddenly appeared from nowhere on a screen. "Serve me," he said, "and savor riches beyond measure; or refuse, and savor a more bitter treasure."

A girl sitting next to Chrysalis looked at her. "I somehow think we won't get a choice."

She was indeed right, as the car suddenly blasted forward, then stopped, to be pelted with scarap beatles. Or bugs, you could say.

I'll see myself out.

The car suddenly reversed, plummeted through a steep drop, and then stopped, before turning 180 degrees. It then blasted off again, as Imhotep shouted some nonsense about a 'Mejiy', and flew through curves, drops, stops, and past Mummies spitting fire, before it suddenly stopped at an unloading station.

"We hope you have enjoyed your ride. Please remain seated until your-"

The ride attendant was suddenly and inexplicably killed by Imhotep, who appeared in the control booth. "Prepare to forfeit your souls! Death is only the beginning!"

The train suddenly blasted forward again, fell through a steep winding drop, and then-

It was over.


Chrysalis sat outside, and glanced about her. "Was that it?" she asked. "I would have enjoyed that a lot more if I had any clue what was going on." She sighed as she got wolf-whistled for the fiftieth time. Suddenly, her phone beeped, and she answered it.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Steph?" Tom asked. "Don't tell me it's happened to you too!"

Chrysalis was about to reply, when suddenly another call came in on the same line. From Jimmy. "Hold on, Jimmy's calling me."

She switched to that call, only to be barraged with broken English.

Author's Note:

Chrysalis feels like another missed opportunity for Equestria Girls. She would have been great as either a background character or potentially an antagonist (imagine her as the Principal of CPA instead of Forgetful McForgetfulface). Seeing as she is technically the mother of all Changelings, I though the title would make a good pun.

But seriously, this ride is brilliant. Ride it.

The idea about Chrysalis possesing Steph is loosely based on this comic (link to first page below);

https://www.deviantart.com/auraguardianhadou/art/Wings-of-Change-Chrysalis-TF-1-7-by-Rexequinox-306877755

However, not wanting to be mean to Devious' character, I chose to have Steph regain control. Did it work in your eyes?

PreviousChapters Next