• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,049 Views, 1,404 Comments

6 Universal Nights - The Blue EM2



Journey to a place of magic... just not the magic the builders intended.

  • ...
5
 1,404
 1,049

PreviousChapters Next
Night 1: Velociraptors? This is the Worst. Possible. THING!

Rarity was distraught as her phone rang, somehow still operational despite the horrifying wetness she found herself in. She removed it from her pocket and looked at it. The call was coming in from Tom, who no doubt found himself in a situation most vulgar as well. Taking it to her ear, she began to speak.

"Woe is me! Truly is this most problematic!"

"Sheesh, somebody is melodramatic," said a female voice, on the other end. "Greet me as Lightning now. It'll be less confusing."

"Well, I am all wet and my clothes are all ruined! And there were velociraptors too! THIS IS THE WORST POSSIBLE THING!"

There was a click as the person on the other end engaged speaker mode. "Sounds like somebody didn't like Jurassic Park the Ride," said another voice, which Rarity did not recognise.

"Yona want to know all about Jurassic Park!" added another voice.

Rarity sighed. "Well, it all began on a fair morning like today, with the-"

"Care to hurry it up a bit?" the one who identified as Lightning interrupted.

"Yes, yes of course, darling. You must understand that I was not Rarity a moment ago..."


APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS EARLIER...


Katrina had made her way to Islands of Adventure, apparently unaware that Jimmy had also made his own way there. Having said that, this was probably because she had taken a left when confronted with the main lake, and Jimmy had taken a right, as that was the fastest route to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. She was headed for Isla Nublar, as she had been booked onto Jurassic Park River Adventure, based on one of the most beloved film franchises of all time. Although some of the more 'interesting' types in her friend circle disputed that dinosaurs ever existed on the grounds that they are not mentioned in the Bible, Katrina had pointed out that by the same logic smartphones do not exist, as they are not mentioned in the Bible either.

But enough random rambling. Katrina had a ride to ride, and she would not miss this. She had been reliably informed by Tom that this was one of the best rides in the park, not to mention it focused on a topic that greatly fascinated her. Just a nice, relaxing trip along a waterway with dinosaurs, right?

How wrong she was. She was in for a bit of a wild ride... just not the one she expected.

Joining the queue line and walking through the forest, Katrina basked in the atmosphere and production. Both Universal and Disney had a reputation for putting a lot of work into theming and immersion. It was not enough for it to seem like you were there; it had to feel real, as if you were actually there. Then, you would enjoy the experience a lot more. And Universal had certainly made it feel like you were on a tropical island (although the temperatures certainly helped). As she stood in line, some water flew through the air and hit her.

"Agh!" she cried. "What fiend did tha-" She immediately put a hand to her mouth. Her voice sounded wrong, like a heavily stereotyped English aristocrat. She certainly knew what time it was.

"Is this fated to follow me wherever I do go?" she asked, watching as her skin turned unhealthily pale, as if somebody had splattered her arms and neck with white paint. Her hair tumbled down her back and fell to her rear, piling itself up into multiple locks and curved bits that seemed to defy gravity with their very existance (and the author also resisted the urge to reference Wicked). The colour purple seemed to rule the day in that unordered pile, emphasised by a messy fringe on the right hand side of her head and three diamonds set into her hair as a hairpiece.

Her previously hazel eyes were promptly replaced by blue ones, complemented with purple eyebrows. Two golden bracelets appeared on her arms as her shirt began to change. The previously high neckline dropped, forming a U shape from the edge of the shoulders to the centre. The sleeves grew in length slightly down to her elbows (accompianied by the colour of light blue appearing on what was now a blouse), and a chord formed around her jeans, held in on the centre by a pair of blue rings.

Her legs slimmed down slightly, and her fingernails were soon covered in varnish as her jeans shrank up her legs. All of this was going on whilst the queue was moving, which rapidly got awkward indeed. I mean, you try walking when every garment you're wearing is pulling a changing act!

Getting back onto topic, the jeans merged together to form a skirt, which turned purple and dropped to her knees, before suddenly seeming to poof outwards. Three more diamonds (or rather images of them) formed on the skirt, and her shoes suddenly began to morph into a pair of high top boots with even more diamonds set in around her legs. Padding formed at the top to reduce the rub on her legs, and the boots turned purple with dark purple heels.

Everything was suddenly very blurry, and Rarity reached up to remove the pair of glasses sitting on her face, which changed into a pair of red circle rims in front of her eyes, of the sort a stereotypical villain principal would wear. "Whyever was I wearing these whilst trying to walk?" she asked. "Was I trying to make a fool of myself?"

"Well, will you look at that!" said somebody behind her. "Universal must have the liscence to use My Little Pony characters!"

"I know!" said a woman next to the owner of the first voice. "I saw Sonata Dusk earlier today near Minion Mayhem! Weird, isn't it?"

Rarity smiled. "Well, yes, maybe. In the meantime, I shall partake of a grand voyage, into the place of the Jurassic times!"

"The queue's moving!" called somebody else. "Would you care to move up, Rarity?"

"Of course!" Rarity replied. Now was no time for tardiness. Everything had to be efficient and proper, especially queuing. She shuddered as she remembered working for Vignette Valencia. That person had been the definition of disorganised and chaotic.


Boarding the boat, the vessel set off into the sea, and passed by several dinosaurs that seemed very friendly indeed. As John Williams' theme and score swelled to the forefront, many species could be observed, such as the marvellous Ultrasaurus, the playful Hadrosaur and Parasauralophus, and even Dilophosaurus. But then, they were turned off in the wrong direction, as warnings began to play over the speakers about the Raptor Containment Area. The viciousness of the predators was shown by them... fighting over a T shirt.

"Well, I never!" Rarity said. "Why can't those two dinosaurs simply share it?"

Nearby, a wrecked boat was floating, and it was all too obvious what had happened to the crew. The boat began to climb in complete darkness, with loud sirens and screeching echoing from all around. Then they were splashed. As the boat reached the end of the room, it happened.

Before them, looking very cross and exceptionally hungry, was a T Rex. Yes, they had a T Rex.

Rarity shielded her eyes. "Don't eat me! I have my best blouse on!"

Luckily, fate had other plans, and the boat plummeted down the drop and into a massive pool of water. They were safe, but very, very wet.


"...And so," Rarity finished, "we escaped, but I'm now absolutely soaking wet. WOE IS ME!"

"Sheesh, quit being such a drama queen," added a new voice that had not previously been there. "Especially when you have a real Queen here."

"Hey Chryssy," Lightning interjected. "How was the Mummy?"

"I've faced more fearsome foes."

"HOW IS QUEEN CHRYSALIS HERE?" Rarity exclaimed.

"Don't ask," said the mystery voice. "Just try to act normal, and we can discuss a suitable course of action over breakfast tomorrow. Kay?"

"Why, yes, breakfast. That is a most marvellous idea!"

"Yona say we ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey again?"

"For the love of Mike, how many times have we ridden that thing?"

"At least 14 times, because Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure is STILL not working."

"Catch you all later," Rarity said, and ended the call. She looked at her still dripping wet self. "I ought to dry out quickly, but I daresay it will be terrible to go about with see through clothes. Is there anywhere I can change?"

"Hello, the bathrooms are right over there!" said a voice, and Sonata suddenly appeared, eating a taco. She shovelled it into her mouth, chewed, swallowed, and burped.

"Honestly Sonata!" Rarity said. "Must you pollute the air with your buffoonery?"

"I can't eat off a china plate and use silverware whilst walking!" Sonata retorted. "Why not go change, then we can go ride some more stuff. Just don't use the one on the left because somebody barfed up in there and-"

"I did NOT need to know that!" Rarity interrupted, and sped off in that direction with haste.

Author's Note:

Six down, one to go...

Jurassic Park: the Ride is one of the best water rides, period. Better than Splash Mountain, in my opinion. If you do get to go to the park, ride it.

The bit about one of Katrina's friends was based on a conversation I had with somebody at Church, who was adamant that if something was not mentioned in the Bible, it did not exist and could not be used. I then pointed out they were wearing a shirt made from artificial fibre.

PreviousChapters Next