• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,055 Views, 1,404 Comments

6 Universal Nights - The Blue EM2



Journey to a place of magic... just not the magic the builders intended.

  • ...
5
 1,404
 1,055

PreviousChapters Next
Night 1: What? Yona No Speak Poor English!

To describe Jimmy as a Harry Potter fanatic (or a 'Potterhead') would be something of an understatement. Unlike Tom or John, whose knowledge of the franchise can be politely described as sketchy, Jimmy had a comprehension of the films bordering on encyclopedic. He had read each book at least three times, seen the films heavens knows how often, and had even avoided incorporating certain characters into his TF lists based on who they were played by in the Harry Potter franchise (a certain princess springs to mind...). Anyway, Jimmy was now proceeding into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. As previously discussed, this was really two lands. The first of them was in the main park, and recreated scenes from the muggle world like Diagon Alley and Platform 9 3/4. The other part, in Islands of Adventure, was a recreation of the legendary Hogwarts Castle, and the adjoining village of Hogsmeade, complete with replica of 5972 Olton Hall which blew steam periodically. Of course, there was also the Hogwarts Express train ride, which ran from here to the main park.

Jimmy knew exactly what he was here for, as he wound his way through the winding streets and cobbled paths of Hogsmeade, dodging the enormous queue for Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure (which had broken down for the fifth time that day). Walking past a street vendor and helping himself to some butterbeer (yuck!), he walked toward a queue line he knew very well.

When this land had opened (and had defied all expectations that Universal had) it had not had many attractions; a quick retheme of Dueling Dragons, a quick retheme of the Flying Unicorn, a quick retheme-

You're probably seeing a (re)theme developing here. Anyways, the signature attraction was Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, a dark ride with incredible immersion and high speed adventure through the films that captivated audiences everywhere. Jimmy checked his Express slot, and saw that his number had come up. So in he went.

"So far, so good," he said, noting that no liquids today had given him electric shocks or produced random kirin. As he stood in the queue, he looped around trees and under bright lights as the line eventually wound its way into the castle proper. Inside were strange things like statues of trolls, before he emerged onto a patio with a very out of place ice cream stand. Looping back indoors, they walked through a recreation of the moving staircases and some of the moving paintings. At long last, the actual ride proper loomed before him, so when it was his turn he got on.

The ride vehicle began to move off, and suddenly, as Hermione appeared, it flew into the air and through a tunnel full of green. They went around curves, and past a rotating screen with projected footage of Ron and Harry (the latter of whom was filled in for using unused audio, as Daniel Radcliffe declined to reprise his role). Then a dragon attacked them, and the ride vehicle moved away from the screen. They were in the rafters of an old building, before a dragon appeared from nowhere and attacked them. They suddenly went into a forest, and were attacked by a moving tree, before appearing in front of another screen. This time it was projecting a Quidditch match, with Harry leading them, before more high speed death-defying maneuvres later, they were back in the station once more.

"WHOO!" Jimmy exclaimed, as the lap bar rose and he got out. "That never gets old!"

"Speak for yourself, neckbeard," another rider grumbled. "Why don't they update it sometime? The story doesn't even make sense!"

"It's a good ride, OK?" Jimmy retorted. "If Jimmy say it good ride, it good ride. Understand?"

"What's with the broken English?" somebody else said. "You were fine a moment ago."


For reasons best known to himself, Jimmy chose to ride the ride another 6 times. 6. TIMES! Probably because 6 times plus one time equals seven, which is not only a lucky number but also the number of books in the series. As he went through each run, he progressively began to change, slowly and imperceptibly at first, but soon it caught up with him.

His shirt and pants merged together to create a single garment, which soon morphed into a light blue and grey dress which was coloured in strange patterns. A red scarf tied itself around his waist, tied at the back with a bow, and a green shawl appeared around his neck as his shoes morphed into high heel boots that reached forth unto his mid thighs. Two more bows appeared in his hair on either side. All of this he noticed not.

Suddenly, the ride jolted to a stop, just enough for him to notice the skirt starting to slide back up his legs and stop above his knees. "Why here, of all places? What is it with badly timed major metamorphoses?"

Just as suddenly as his realisation of his predicament, his waist sucked itself in as years of accumulated muscle melted off his body and his hips were forced outward with a bang. His manhood vanished forth, and her legs and arms reduced in width and length to create shorter and slimmer ones, with smaller feet and hands and thin, narrow fingers and toes. Heads and shoulders, knees and toes. Knees and toes.

Her hair turned brown, falling all over the place as two loops formed on either side, looking like pretzels as elaborate bangs formed over her forehead. Her eyes changed to green, or teal depending on the light, and she gained brown eyebrows, it only just having occured to the narrator that Jimmy had no eyebrows.

With one last act (and to clean up the random fogginess in her vision), Yona grabbed the glasses and removed them from her face. "Yona not bothered by blurry thing!" she exclaimed. "Yona can see clearly now!"

A passenger looked over at this strange person. "I assume English is not your first language."


At the end of the ride, Yona decided to call the Steph person in her contacts to see how they were. There was some ringing briefly, and then the call connected. "Yona say the ride in Hogwarts is best ride! Is Steph likely to agree with Yona?"

"I have no idea what you just said," the voice of Chrysalis, and not of Steph from earlier, replied. "Please repeat that in grammatically correct English."

Yona had an idea. "Why, my fairest lady," she answered, inexplicably going all posh. "I must admit to having the finest of dalliances on that fair attraction found in that Castle with Warts and Hogs."

"OK, broken English was better," the other voice said. "This has happened to you too?"

"This always happen to best yak!" Yona replied. "Sometimes on Mondays!"

"As if life couldn't get any crazier," Chrysalis groaned. "We'll talk later. Right now I've got some jerks to brush off."

Author's Note:

Personally, I would not have used this design for Yona, but Jimmy asked for it, and here we are. Best Yak. Yay.

This was another ride where I had absolutely no idea what was going on, as I am not a Harry Potter fan. I mainly know the franchise for this;

More on that later...

PreviousChapters Next