• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,050 Views, 1,404 Comments

6 Universal Nights - The Blue EM2



Journey to a place of magic... just not the magic the builders intended.

  • ...
5
 1,404
 1,050

PreviousChapters Next
Night 5: A good repeat ride

At the same time as Button and Sweetie Belle were busy doing their own things in the park of Orlando, Ink was going to his next ride in Islands of Adventure. At the same time as Button and Sweetie Belle were busy doing their own things in the park of Orlando, Ink was going to his next ride in Islands of Adventure. At the same time as Button and Sweetie Belle were busy doing their own things in the park of Orlando, Ink was going to his next ride in Islands of Adventure. At the same time as Button and Sweetie Belle were busy doing their own things in the park of Orlando, Ink was going to his next ride in Islands of Adventure. At the same time-

Oh, not again. PostCrush, STOP IT!

"Oh. Sorry."

You'd better be. And take off those hideous costumes. You look like you escaped from somewhere.

"We perform in these!"

Then the performing industry has hit a new low.

Where was I?

Oh, of course, I remember! I remember where I was, which was where I was and currently am! Ink was proudly strolling through towards the Landing of Seuss, where we have already been a few times (and not as a result of Starlight Glimmer clones or singers.

"Nay, but they are not singers."

They- They're not singers?

"Nay, musicians."

Ah. Well, thanks for the clarification. Now could you loosen the ropes a bit? It does make it hard to write.

"Yes, of course."

Thanks. Anyways, Ink was on his way, through the main gate and under the archway which beckoned him into the park with dramaticness of music.

"Hmmm," he thought. "The music's a bit much." He flicked through the options in his phone and turned the music off. Then he went onward with his travels towards his destination, which was where he was going. Such is the purpose of a destination, after all.

After a while of walking in the plaza, and judiciously, avoiding partaking of the finest of tacos (made of fish, from the same stall as the first night, which, curiously, was now in a different park), he headed onwards into the park when a familiar face so fine joined him.

"Hello!" John said. "How are you doing, Ink?"

"I'm OK," he said. "Do you ever get the impression that time is repeating itself for us?"

"No," John replied. "No two days are alike." Then, without missing a beat; "How are you doing, Ink?"

"Now you're just messing with me," Ink sighed. "Why does this whole time thing feel familiar? It's like Groundhog Day."

"Sorry?"

"It's like Groundhog Day."

"Sorry?"

"It's like Groundhog Day."

"Sorry?"

"It's like Groundhog Day."

"Sorry?"

"Now you ARE messing with me," Ink said, as they walked out of the Port of Entry, and finally arrived in Seuss Landing, leaning against a tree that was still bent to an odd shape from a storm a while back. It fitted into the theming quite nicely, he thought, though who he is is unclear at this moment in the time and scheme of things. Oh well. It never helped to be confused. Oh yes, Ink was thinking.

"Well, this place is nice and all, but these weird instances happening to us are a little confusing."

"That's an understatement," John said. "I did not enjoy being turned into Sugar Belle, for one."

"She's never been in Equestria Girls!" Ink exclaimed. "So how is that possible?"

"Tom suggests magic," John sighed. "And I have reason to believe him. He, after all, has more experience in this than I do, and thus is something of an expert in this."

"You're either an expert or you're not," Ink sighed. "Saying you're 'something of an expert' is tortological."

"So you say," John added, leaning on another tree. "Well then, I suggest we proceed to our rides. I'm going in circles."

"So am I," Ink said. "The lack of straight lines here is maddening. Oh well, off I go (donkey riding, possibly not, but maybe, this is Seuss, after all)."

"Cheerio!" John called, and walked away with hasty. But on the other hand, Ink had no real desire to walk anywhere with hasty, given he had to observe isotop which had not half life but quarter life. And so Ink walked with slowness to where he was next to go.

Many people who know the Walt Disney World parks will know that a monorail links the different bits of the resort together as a transport system. Well, Universal Studios had looked at the system and thought 'well, we can't fit that across the two parks, so let's have it running across only one park, or only one bit of the park!'. The result was the Seuss High in the Sky Trolley Train Ride, an absolute mouthful of a title and one of the longest theme park attraction names in the world (apart from Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon and Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy (or Remy's Totally Zany Adventure), both of which are incredibly long and wordy names indeed in terms of number of sylabbles or syllables, depending on which spelling is correct). Ink was, of course, not aware of these discussions as he joined the line for a ride which served little purpose apart from fun (which is the function of a ride, to be completely honest with anybody still reading this), but what he was most certainly was aware of was the fact there was suddenly red hair with yellow highlights in his eyes. Or was it yellow hair with red highlights? Nobody knows.

Anyways, this hair not only fell into a fringe on his face, but also down the back of his neck and past his shoulders, terminating somewhere around his upper back. Not long after that, his face set about rearranging itself into the form of Sunset Shimmer. The sensation of bones sliding about and reforming was no longer as bizarre as it used to be, but it still was a bit weird, especially how weird it looked at the end. Light blue eyes appeared in his... eyes, and his skin proceeded to turn orange in shade. After that, his shoulders began to slide inwards as his height decreased from its usual parameters to a very low set, and his chest pushed forward into two breasts, as it the norm. His waist narrowed briefly as his hips popped outwards, and two bits got pulled inwards in the process, replaced by something else inside. His height now done with decreasing, it was followed pretty promptly by her clothes changing. A tie vanished into oblivion (hello, Dovakhiin!), and her shirt reformed into a yellow and orange top that had the texture of cracked paint. Her work jacket became something more akin to a biker jacket, with a zip in place of buttons and two chevrons on the arms. Her pants became much tighter on her body (partly a side effect of shrinking), turned purple, lost their zip and buttons, and pockets for that matter, and gained an emblem of the sun on them (though, thankfully, not on the back). Finally, her immaculate shoes became a pair of boots with purple bodywork, orange bases, and yellow laces. Quite a fiery ensemble, if I say so myself.

Sunset quickly bent down and picked up a strange object somebody had left behind. It was a golden object with an image of a purple sky, with three golden stars set into it. "Well, whoever left this lying around was careless." She put it into her jacket to keep it safe, unaware it was glowing as she got on the ride.

Her phone buzzed with a text as the ride got moving.

Hey Sunny Bun, I'm off to the other park now. See you!

From Gibson.

Sunset smiled. He sure was a nice guy. The trolley was incredibly mundane, going through a shop, a building, and over parts of the park until it got back to the station. This was where things go weird.

Sunset's phone went again as the ride abruptly restarted. She checked it again.

Hey Sunny Bun, I'm off to the other park now. See you!

From Gibson.

"That message was sent 3 minutes ago," Sunset said. "So how is it just coming in again?" Then she realised what was going on.

"Help! I'm caught in a time loop!"

Author's Note:

This incarnation of Sunset appeared in Backstage Pass, a somewhat forgettable and bland ending to the EqG saga. Jimmy selected the PostCrush members to be two of his characters in 8 Magic Nights, which was an interesting challenge as the special didn't air in Britain until late September.

Know what else is bland? The ride. It's pointless. Stay away.

PreviousChapters Next