• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,050 Views, 1,404 Comments

6 Universal Nights - The Blue EM2



Journey to a place of magic... just not the magic the builders intended.

  • ...
5
 1,404
 1,050

PreviousChapters Next
Night 3: In my Head Like a Catchy Song

Tom was preparing to head onwards to Islands of Adventure, having realised he had been headed the wrong way, and had been walking towards the main park. That was not where he wanted to be today, as the ride he was particularly targeting was in Islands of Adventure. As he strolled along towards the park entrance, he suddenly noticed something sitting on the floor in front of him, and knelt down to pick it up.

In a distinct change from what was usual in his adventures, Tom saw what the object was. It was Jimmy's spare glasses case. "Honestly, why does he keep dropping stuff?" Tom grumbled, picking up the case and sticking it in his pocket. "It's fortunate we're in the same park today, or else he'd be in all sorts of trouble!"

Tom wandered along through Marvel Super Hero Island to find Jimmy standing outside, looking up, at the ride building of The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman, seemingly trying to decide whether to go in or not. After another moment of hesitation, Tom decided to speak up.

"Jimmy?"

Jimmy swung around, and took a look at Tom. "Hey Tom! Haven't you got a ride to be going to?"

Tom shook his head as he consulted his park app. "Not at the minute. Storm Force Acellatron is down for maintenance until later. And you forgot these." Putting his phone away, he handed Jimmy the glasses case.

"Thanks," Jimmy replied. "You know, I wonder why I went without these. Given how often my glasses get destroyed and all."

Tom looked about, but suddenly spotted Sandbar in the crowd. The emotional turmoil he had felt earlier in the morning suddenly came back. "Don't we all know it." Desparate to complete the conversation as quickly as he could, he spoke quicker and quicker. "Anyways, I'll get some ice cream or something like that. See you!" And then Tom sped off as quick as he could.


Tom had no idea what was wrong with him. That previous night, for some reason, had left him happier than he had been for a very long time. And whilst he no longer felt any attraction towards Sandbar (which seemed to suggest that reverting to normal also reset the subject's sexuality), the pain of those memories were very much at the forefront of his mind. So just getting away from any reminders was the best policy for him, lest he suffer an emotional breakdown in the worst possible place. How did Jimmy cope with it all? Surely he must have felt like this at some point in all the time he has been enduring this! He stopped beside a WC to collect his thoughts, and sighed sadly. Life just had to be rubbish, sometimes, didn't it? He sighed again as he looked up at the sky. Pathetic fallacy had seemingly turned out in force, as it suddenly began to rain in his general area, but nowhere else, oddly. Tom felt the need to seek shelter, and so went inside a nearby building to stay out of the rain.

As usual, his life was about to get turned upside down. As he stood in there, he suddenly spotted a pear lying on the floor, that had fallen from a display. He bent down to pick it up, and put it back on its stand. His hand was abruptly hit by an arc of blue lightning, connecting with his palm and throwing him back into somebody else.

"Hey! Watch it!" they shouted. "Don't they teach you manners where you come from?"

"Sorry!" Tom replied. "Ah lost mah-" He stopped in horror. What the hell had happened to his accent. "Shit! Not again!" He sped outside into the rain, desparate to ensure nobody saw what was coming next.

"Well, that was weird."

"Not really, given that this story is entirely about bizarre things happening and guys changing into fictional characters-"

PINKIE!

"Heehee. Sorry."


Whomever said that lightning doesn't strike twice was a complete idiot, as it seemed to have struck Tom a grand total of three times. As he tried to find a suitable hiding place, he checked his arm for any sign of yellow.

But there was none. Instead were splodges of a light peach colour. "If not Apple Bloom, then who the hay is this even?" Tom asked, as he was suddenly knocked off balance by his manhood being sucked into his body. She rolled through the air and landed behind a trash can.

Her hair turned orange, and suddenly exploded in all directions. It increased on volume on top of her head, flowed down her back and to her shoulders, and flopped onto her forehead in a fringe. The left hand side was suddenly secured in place with a blue hairband, and her eyes turned blue. By this point, the peach colouration had covered every inch of her skin, and as she shook her head and tried to comprehend who this even was, her shoulders were forced inwards by unknown forces, and her chest suddenly began to tingle. Tom glanced down, and saw something (or rather, two things), push forward for a few seconds before stopping. A yellow flower appeared in her hair, and freckles appeared on her cheeks, followed by her shirt morphing into a blue and black chequered shirt. Her slacks changed into a pair of blue jeans, which shifted in size as her hips widened (of course, the other thing that happens in that department had already happened). She glanced down again to see her trainers change into boots, which were brown and had a flower symbol set near the heel, and they grew taller until they covered up halfway up her calves, with the jeans neatly tucked into them.

Rising slowly, she was briefly aware of the fact the world had gotten slightly bigger. She wandered into a women's bathroom to see who was on the other side. A woman in her late thirties or early fourties looked back.

"What in tarnation? Ah don't recognise this character at all!" Tom then thought for a moment, as the voice sounded familiar. "Pear Butter?"


After momentarily getting over the confusion of being a non-canon EqG character, Pear Butter headed for her ride slot. Her phone app told her that the ride was running again, and so she joined the queue, suddenly noticing the odd stares she was getting.

"Isn't she a bit lost?" said one person. "She looks like she should be herding cattle?"

"I bet she's single!" said another.

Pear laughed. "Sorry, mister, but Ah've already got mah man. And three kids."

His face fell immediately. "Anyways, that look really suits you."

Pear smiled, and her face flushed red. "Aww, thanks mister."

Hopping aboard the ride vehicles, it rapidly became apparent this was basically a teacup ride. Nothing too spectacular there. She jumped onboard and enjoyed the incredible speed, as well as the sensation of being rendered very dizzy. After hopping off, she suddenly saw who was waiting for her.

"Howdy, sugarcube."

The man from earlier looked confused. "Yep. He's lucky."

Author's Note:

Whether Pear Butter is alive in the world of EqG or not has not, and probably never will be, answered. I prefer to think she is still around, just she's always offscreen, just like her husband.

Storm Force Accelatron... what is there to say? Not much, really.

PreviousChapters Next