• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 1,050 Views, 1,404 Comments

6 Universal Nights - The Blue EM2



Journey to a place of magic... just not the magic the builders intended.

  • ...
5
 1,404
 1,050

PreviousChapters Next
Night 5: The Third Mash

Gibson had somehow teleported to Universal Studios (the main park, not the Islands of Adventure bit). Gibson had some walking on to do to get to his destination, when he, in all his wisdom, suddenly spotted a pair of people he knew very well. One was easily identifiable by his spinning propellor had, as only one person actually owned a hat like it. The other person was easy to identify on the grounds of being female, and he only had a brother (who sometimes acted like a girl, but that's besides the point), and had candyfloss hair in a messy haircut that fell randomly down her back and shoulders.

"Hey, little bro!" Gibson called, strolling over to Button. "Having fun with your girlfriend?"

Button jumped at hearing his brother's voice, as did Sweetie Belle, but then regained his composure and proceeded to facepalm. "Ah dang."

"Don't mine at night?" Gibson laughed, his British accent a sharp contrast to Button's American one. "Other park guests were talking about you two, saying you were costumed characters. Something about Universal having got the lisence to use Equestria Girls characters."

"Are you suggesting we aren't real?" Sweetie Belle asked. "Because if we aren't, I'll probably have a severe existential crisis."

"Have you seen any wierd stuff going on in the parks apart from us turning up?" Button asked, as he reassuringly put his arm around his girlfriend. "Don't you worry, Sweetie Belle. We are real, and I know it."

Just then, Gibson's phone went. "Hello, what's this?" he asked, as he checked it. There were three messages from Sunset.

11:22

Help! I'm caught in a time loop!

Then at 11:24, the same message.

Help! I'm caught in a time loop!

At at 11:26 too.

Help! I'm caught in a time loop!

Just as the clock hit 11:28, his phone beeped, and there it was again.

Help! I'm caught in a time loop!

"Looks like Sunset's got herself into a spot of bother," Gibson sighed. "How about we go sit somewhere? Fancy an ice cream?"

"No thanks!" Sweetie Belle said. "If we had any more, Button would be bouncing of the sky!"

"Hey! I'm not that hyper!"

Eventually, they found a place to sit, and the trio sat down whilst Gibson suddenly stood up again, went and bought an ice cream, and then sat back down again, licking it. "Exactly what you need on a day like this."

"And when I see your face-"

"Sorry, that's my ringtone," Button interrupted, and checked it. "Who's Suri?"

"Let me guess," Gibson smiled, now in full teasing mode. "You set that because of Sweetie Belle."

Button's face could be mistaken for a pair of beetroots. "Please, just... stop."

"How exactly did you get here, Gibson?" Sweetie Belle asked, having temporarily engaged the mode young children have access to called 'cuteness overload'.

"Well, it's quite interesting, rea-"

"And when I see your face-"

"SHUT UP!" Button exclaimed, in exasperation. He then put it to silent. "This guy or girl sure is persistent."

"ANYWAYS, the story's quite interesting. I'll be very happy to tell you both how I ended up here..."


Some time earlier in the day, around the same time as the last chapter...


Having been into Seuss Landing on three occasions in the last three days (or about one a day), John was somewhat getting used to the zaniness of the world that Dr Seuss had created. I say somewhat, because some aspects of his work were simply too terrifying to comprehend, like the walkaround Cat in the Hat who looked like some science experiment gone horribly wrong. It was no wonder that the crowd parted like the Red Sea whenever he was seen, and as such John headed away from that creation as fast as he could.

"BUT WE CAN'T JUST GET RID OF IT! IT'S A BEAST VERSION OF THE CAT!"

John had no idea what that person was on about, and simply went away to his next attraction, just as a girl with a magic mirror was commanding it to make annoying people go away. Somehow, John had seen news pertaining to her somewhere. Maybe it was last year, that hotel thing he'd seen. He'd ask Tom or Jimmy about it when he got the chance, but now was not the time to take such a chance. He had left Ink at the entrance to the flying trolley or whatever it was called, and was off to ride something else entirely, as you would expect of a person in a theme park. People seldom go to theme parks to do nothing, unless of course they are a party pooper who wants to ruin everybody's fun. Those sorts of people are silly and should not be allowed. John dismissed such silly people from his mind almost immediately, and got on his way to his intended destination.

Caro-Seuss-El (yes, the pun is terrible. Get used to it). This was one of the wackier ideas for this section of the park, which is saying something really, and at first glance seemed like a normal carousel. But, it had a trick. The different bits of the ridable animals moved based on inputs the riders made, so John was keen to experiment with the experimental experimentations of the ride. So, he took to el queue, only to establish to himself that something was wrong. His footwear was somehow squishier than normal, and upon glancing at it noticed it was now alternating red and white.

"Here we go again."

His jeans remained as normal, but were somehow slightly dirtier, as if they had oil and grease stains on them. His shirt was similar, but now yellow, with a spanner sitting on a belt hanging off them, like he was suddenly an engineer.

"This is odd. Who is this character, even?"

His normally pristine, brown hair was suddenly a messy mass that went everywhere, and looked as though somebody had spilled key lime pie on it. His eyes glowed orange (or was it glew orange? One of the two), and his skin changed to be a tone of either cream or yellow.

"Well, that was the fastest one yet. But who is this?"

John figured he could figure it out when he was off the ride, so he hopped on.


The present day...


"Yeah, nothing to write home about."

"You seem to have become quite blase about this," Button sighed, looking about.

"Well, you two are used to it, aren't you?" Gibson smiled. "I don't see you two freaking out."

"Touche."

"Should we perhaps find out how to get Sunset out of the time loop? She seems stuck."

Gibson's phone beeped for the 20th time as yet another of Sunset's texts looped back through the system. "I suppose we should. And Button?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I know who Suri might be. Back in the day, I dated a dressmaker who was completely nuts..."

Author's Note:

Firstly, sorry this is an hour late. I had some paperwork that went long.

Gibson Mash has, to date, only appeared in one piece of media, a short demo reel for an unfinished episode of Button's Adventures. No EqG art of him exists, so here's the Mash family in pony form.

The title is a reference to The Third Man, a film written by Graham Greene and directed by Carol Reed.

The remark about a beast is a reference to the Crappypasta 'The Truth about Chuck E. Cheese', a rambling and nonsensical story in which it turns out Chuck is actually a mutated rat. Notorious for its many spelling and logic failures, here's a link for those in need of a good laugh (and a chair to flip);

https://www.wattpad.com/39036921-creepypasta-stories-the-real-chuck-e-cheese

As for the ride? Glorified Gallopers.

PreviousChapters Next