• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 3,744 Views, 342 Comments

My Little Pony + Rabbids: Equestria Battle - SharkBowser58



The Rabbids have entered Equestria! Join the Mane 6 as they team up with 6 Rabbids to stop a new threat!

  • ...
1
 342
 3,744

PreviousChapters Next
Spooky Trails 9: Opening Night!

Spooky Trails - Moon Gate

After finally opening the Moon Gate, the heroes entered it and came across a huge area, and at the other side of it was a large stage, and on top of it, was a sign that had 2 Rabbid heads doing the drama faces, similar to the red tapestries that was beside the entrance. Not only that, but an audience of Rabbid were sitting at the sides of the area.

"Why, it's a theater!" Beep-0 shouted in amazement. "Tom Phan sure has a flair for the dramatic, doesn't he?"

"This is certainly the kind of place I would like to meet a champion." Rarity explained, fascinated in the fanciful decor of the place.

"Speaking of which, where is he?" Twilight asked. "He should be here."

The heroes looked around and saw that Twilight was right, the theater was completely empty.

"Bwa Bwa?" Rabbid Jack shrugged.

"Maybe he wants to play 'hide and seek' after sleeping for so long?" Pinkie suggested as Beep-0 gave off a short beep shortly after.

"Ah! Perhaps our friend can help explain what's wrong here." Beep-0 said as he opened up the new message and started reading it. "Beep-0, Just a quick note to let you know that my email was hacked. Please ignore any messages about a Mr. Tom Phan as I suspect it's a trap. Though, no doubt you figured that out for yourself already, as I'm sure it was as obvious to you as it was to me. Signed, Your Biggest Fan."

Everything was silent for moment as everyone processed what Beep-0 just read.

"I have a bad feeling about this." Fluttershy said as she wrapped her hooves around Rabbid Fluttershy again, who did the same to her.

"Bwa Bwa Bwah." Rabbid Fluttershy agreed.

"Did they just say to ignore the 'Tom Phan' messages?" Twilight asked in confusion.

"A little late for that." Applejack sighed, frustrated that this message was delivered now of all times.

"So, there's no champion?" Rarity asked in disappointment.

"If it wasn't our guide telling us to find the Relics and turn the Moon back, then who did?!" Twilight asked, starting to panic a little bit at the sudden turn of events.

"That would be me" Someone said.

The heroes all quickly turned around and saw that Chrysalis was hovering right behind them, and Spawny was still riding on her back!

"So, you finally decided to show up!" Chrysalis told the group with a sinister smile on her face. "You're just in time for the show."

The heroes watched as the Changeling flew over to the stage of the theater.

"Chrysalis!" Beep-0 shouted in anger. "It was YOU that sent us those messages asking us to collect the Relics of Goodness so we could unlock the Moon Gate to find Mr. Tom Phan, wasn't it?"

"That's not all." Chrysalis said as she went over to a lever at the side of the stage. She pulled it, and a glowing, blue cage that was hanging by a glowing chain was lowered from the ceiling of the stage. Inside of it was a Rabbid wearing a pair of rocket skates and a light blue jacket with a rainbow lightning bolt symbol on the back of it, and she had rainbow hair that was similar to a certain Pegasus they all knew very well. "I've managed to capture this creature while we were here as well."

"That hair..." Twilight said as she looked closely at it. "(Gasps) That's Rabbid Dash!"

"And her cage is enchanted with Megabug energy!" Beep-0 said he analyzed it.

"Just like the Vampire Fruit Bats!" Fluttershy recalled.

"That's right. She attempted to ambush us, but we turned the tables on her the same way we trapped those pesky Bats." Chrysalis explained.

"But how did you send those messages?" Beep-0 asked in confusion. "You don't have email as far as I'm concerned."

"Spawny's abilities are quite extraordinary." Chrysalis answered, while looking back at the SupaMerge Rabbid.

"Of course! She used the SupaMerge's connection with my server to send us those false messages! I knew it all along!" Beep-0 shouted.

*Ahem*

Beep-0 looked over and saw that Applejack looked sternly at the robot. "Er... well, I suspected." Beep-0 nervously added, but the orange Pony didn't take her eyes off him. "Okay, I just figured it out in the last 30 seconds. Applejack knew the whole time."

"Ya got that right." Applejack agreed.

"Tom Phan was a red herring. It was just a TRAP wasn't it?" Beep-0 asked the Changeling.

"Oh, he's real alright..." Chrysalis started explaining. "In fact, thanks to you, he's about to make his debut right here on this very stage."

This confused the team. Why would Chrysalis send them on this wild goose chase if Tom Phan was supposed to be a hero? They then saw the Changeling throw a normal Rabbid and the "Relics of Un-goodness" onto the stage, the Gramophone landing on the Rabbid's head as he started to play with the Ghost Balloon.

"Go on now Spawny." Chrysalis told the little Rabbid on her back. "Do you thing!"

Spawny didn't do anything, feeling very uneasy about the whole situation.

"Hmm... maybe you need a little encouragement." Chrysalis told Spawny in anger. She quickly cleared her throat, and hissed right in Spawny's face!

The SupaMerge Rabbid tried to run, but Chrysalis caught him with her hooves before he could escape, just as his powers activated, firing a beam at the Rabbid, merging him with the Relics.

"Behold! Tom Phan!" Chrysalis shouted as Spawny felt weak once again from using his powers. "Better known as... PHANTOM!"

The heroes watched as Chrysalis escaped with Spawny again before they turned their attention to what was now on the stage.

"Eeeee-yaaaaah!" The new fusion sang in a deep, baritone voice as the pixels cleared. The Rabbid now had a mustache and beauty mark on his left cheek, and he wore a red shirt, a blue jacket, a white scarf around his neck, and hair that resembled a powered wig on his head. While he upper half looked normal, his lower half was now a transparent, glowing ghost tail, which was heavyset in appearance. You could even see the Gramophone inside of him! He cleared his throat as he looked towards the heroes.

"Who... is that?" Fluttershy asked in fear.

"The Phantom..." Twilight she answered in shock.

A spotlight shined onto the Phantom as ominous music started to play.

-Bwah...-

-Hum...ah-ehm-

-Bwaaaaah-Bwah-Bwah-

-BwaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAH!-

-Bwah-

-Ahem-har...-

-Humph!-

-You think friendship is real magic?-

-Who's done me a thousand wroongs,-

-Ever since Nightmare Moon?-

-Reading through all her books,-

-Despite her dorkish looks!-

-Who's gonna run in fear,-

-While shedding many a teaaaaar?-

-Who leaves me dull and dour?-

-Oh, what does Celestia see in her?-

-TWILIGHT!-

-With great joy in my heart,-

-Each time I see you be smart!-

-You're tested and doing so well,-

-But here comes my magic spell (Ha ha ha)!-

-And now you and your Rabbid friends,-

-Have finally met your ends!-

-Just let me catch my breath,-

-Then I'll 'High C' you to death!-

The Phantom bowed as the audience cheered for him, throwing confetti down at him, while the heroes stared in shock, especially Twilight, who blushed in embarrassment at everything he said about her.

"How dare he?!" Twilight shouted in rage.

"I know!" Pinkie agreed. "His song was catchy, but the choreography was terrible!"

"No! I mean the fact he has the audacity to say all that stuff about me!"

"Honestly, I'm more shocked he can talk!" Applejack added.

"It must be the gramophone." Beep-0 theorized, as he noted that the record player reacted every time the Phantom said something. "It's still working inside of him."

"Come on, girls!" Pinkie cheered. "We've got a ghost to bust!"

Defeat Boss - Phantom, 2 Valkyries

The heroes took their places on the battlefield as the Phantom moved to the middle section of the stage, and 2 Valkyries appeared to help him.

"My sensors indicate that Mr. Tom Pha- er, the Phantom, is immune to attack when he's hogging the spotlight!" Beep-0 explained. "If this greedy songbird is to sing his swan song, we must find a way to turn off those lights!"

"What about that?" Applejack asked.

The heroes turned and saw her pointing to a light fixture that wasn't too far in front of them, and its wires led directly to the Phantom's spotlights.

"Good eye, Applejack! Destroy those, he loses his spotlight!" Beep-0 cheered.

Twilight started by activating her M-Power, empowering herself and all the other heroes, before moving to a cover set on the right side of the battlefield, stopping in between 2 partial covers.

Rabbid Rarity dashed the light fixture destroying it, before stopping close to a partial cover set that was near Twilight. She activated her Shield before blasting the Phantom.

"My SPOTLIGHT!" The Phantom shouted as his ghost half became solid, now resembling a normal Rabbid's belly.

Rabbid Twilight got a Team Jump from Rabbid Rarity, and landed on the stage directly behind the Phantom, where she activated her Magnet Dance, drawing the Valkyries toward her. She hit one of the Valkyries with her Melee, defeating her and damaging the other one as well as the Phantom, while triggering a Vamp Effect that healed her with some of the damage dealt. However, the Phantom was immune to her Vamp Effect.

Twilight blasted the Phantom, triggering a Bounce Effect that her was immune to, but still damaged him significantly.

Rabbid Pinkie moved to the same partial cover set that Rabbid Rarity was near, where she rapidly blasted the remaining Valkyrie, defeating her, before she activated her Outer Shell.

Rabbid Fluttershy moved to a partial cover set that was on the left side of the battlefield, which was also parallel to the one on the right side, where she blasted the Phantom.

Fluttershy activated her Flee Feet, increasing the range of movement of herself and the other heroes in range of her, before moving to a partial cover set on the right side that was closest to the stage. She then blasted the Phantom.

Rabbid Jack moved to a different side of the cover set where Twilight was, where she sent a Sentry towards the Phantom, which exploded when it got in range of him.

Rarity got a Team Jump from Twilight and landed next to a partial cover that was close to Fluttershy.

Applejack gets a Team Jump from Rabbid Fluttershy and lands beside a partial cover set on the left side of the battlefield that was closest to the stage. She threw her Boomerang at the Phantom, damaging him.

Pinkie moved to a cover set that was parallel to Twilight's on the left side of the battlefield, where she blasted her secondary weapon, the Rocket, at the Phantom, damaging him significantly.

The Phantom opened a portal under him and entered it, teleporting to the right side of the stage, where the spotlights turned back on again, this time powered by 2 fixtures, causing his ghost half to reveal the Gramophone again. He laughed maniacally as he healed himself and the music started up again.

-So that is all you've got,-

-You didn't hurt me a lot!-

-I'll help you to recap:-

-Between you and me, There's a gap!-

-Twilight, you're such a bore...-

-Your blows just make me snore!-

-You haven't hurt me a single bit (Ha ha ha)!-

-Prepare for my greatest HIT!-

The Phantom bowed again as the audience cheered and threw more confetti.

"Ugh! I can't believe this guy!" Twilight shouted in rage.

"Actually, he has a point" Pinkie said. "You are kind of a bore."

"What?! You're taking his side now?!"

"Of course not, silly!"

"Don't worry, Twilight." Fluttershy assured her friend. "We won't let him get away with that."

"Thanks, girls." Twilight thanked her friends as she turned her attention back to the battle.

3 sets of Rabbid ears burst from the ground, 2 on the right side of the battlefield and 1 on the stage behind the Phantom, signaling that new enemies were going to appear.

"BWAAAAAAAAH!" The Phantom sang, sending a wave of energy at Rabbid Rarity, damaging her with a Push Effect that sent her rolling to Rabbid Fluttershy.

3 Bucklers burst from the ground.

Rabbid Twilight dashed the light fixture on the stage, destroying it, then dashed 2 Bucklers before stopping right next to one of them.

Twilight entered one of the pipes that lead to the high area that made up the right corner of the stage, where she dashed the remaining light fixture, destroying it. She entered a second, longer pipe that lead back to the ground, where she stopped beside one of the full covers next to it.

"You wretch!" The Phantom shouted as his ghost half became solid again.

Rabbid Rarity moved to the left side of the stage's middle section, using it as a partial cover, where she sent a Sentry towards the Phantom, which exploded when it got in range of him.

Rabbid Twilight blasted the Buckler, damaging both him and the Phantom, and triggered a Vamp Effect that healed her with some of the damage she dealt to the former.

Twilight then finished off the Buckler by blasting him, while triggering a Bounce Effect that sent him flying, and healing her with the Vamp Effect. She then activated her Hero Sight.

Rarity entered one of the pipes leading to the right high area, where she stopped in the bottom left corner of it. She tossed a Grenaduck towards the Buckler on the stage, damaging him

Rabbid Pinkie dashed one of the Bucklers before moving back to where she was. She then rabidly blasted the Phantom.

Applejack got a Team Jump from Rabbid Rarity before landing behind the Buckler on the stage. She damaged him her Buck Slam, triggering a Bounce Effect that sent him flying.

Pinkie moved to a spot that was close to Rabbid Rarity, but wasn't in range to attack anyone.

Rabbid Fluttershy moved to a different side of Rabbid Pinkie's partial cover set, where she then blasted the Phantom before activating her Super Barrier.

Fluttershy blasted the Phantom, then dashed a Buckler before stopping next to Applejack. She then activated her Hero SIght.

Rabbid Jack dashed the Buckler close to Twilight, then got a Team Jump from the pony before landing next to the cover set where Twilight was previously. She then blasted the Phantom.

"BWAAAAAAAAH!" The Phantom sang, sending a wave of energy towards Twilight, triggering a Push Effect that sent her and a Buckler rolling. He then activated his Stone Deaf technique, which will trigger a Stone Effect to any hero who moves in range of him.

The Bucklers activated their Super Chance, increasing their's and the Phantom's chances for a Super Effect. One of them moves to the middle of the stage, while getting hit by Fluttershy's Villain Sight, where he attempted to blast Rabbid Rarity, but missed due to her partial cover, while the other blasted Rabbid Twilight, which triggered a Push Effect that sent her rolling and bouncing between the stage and one of the right pipes, while also getting in range of Phantom's Stone Deaf, triggering a Stone Effect that prevented her from doing anything during the next turn. The Buckler then dashed Rabbid Twilight before entered the pipe leading to the high area, where he stopped right next to Rarity.

Rabbid Rarity blasted the Phantom, then dashed the Buckler before moving to the left side of the battlefield.

Rarity dashed the Buckler before entering the short pipe leading back to the ground, where she got a Team Jump from Rabbid Twilight, clearing her of her Stone Effect, and landed on the right side of the middle section of the stage.

Rabbid Twilight blasted the Phantom, triggering a Stone Effect that he was immune to, but got a critical hit nonetheless.

The Phantom opened another portal and entered it, this time, teleporting to the left side of the stage, where 3 more fixtures turned the spotlights on again. He laughed maniacally as he healed himself and the music started one more time.

-Who do you think you are?-

-You should kneel, I'm the STAR!-

-You are nothing but an accessory,-

-I'll find you a good role in a TRAGEDY (ah ah ah ah).-

-"Dear Celestia, wow and whoa!"-

-The only words you know!-

-My art will touch your Princess's HEART-

-And you will be pulled APAAAAART!-

-You think you'll win this tournament?-

-I'll send you to retirement!-

-You're so NOT worth the trouble-

-Your downfall will be on the double!-

-Harmony won't end the pain...-

-Time for the Phantom to start his reiiiiiign!-

The Phantom posed as 2 Peek-a-Boos floated beside him and 2 regular Rabbids held a giant picture frame in front him. The audience cheered for him again.

"Why does the audience care more for him?" Rarity asked.

"Like you didn't care for him before we came here." Pinkie teased.

"That's not true!" Rarity blushed.

"Yes it is..." Pinkie said with a smug look on her face.

"Bwa Bwa..." Rabbid Pinkie added, matching Pinkie's look.

"Don't deny it Rarity, you wanted to meet him too." Twilight jokingly added.

"Uh... let's just focus on the battle, shall we?!" Rarity quickly suggested while blushing, desperately trying to change the subject.

"This conversation is SO not over!" Pinkie jokingly shouted with a big smile on her face.

Rabbid Twilight dashed the Buckler on the stage before stopping right next to him.

Pinkie finished the Buckler off by throwing Boneless the rubber chicken at him in a similar manner to Applejack's Boomerang.

Applejack dashed the light fixture on the stage, destroying it before stopping beside one of the nearby partial covers.

Twilight entered one of the pipes leading to the right high area, then dashed the Buckler before entering the shorter pipe, where she finally stopped beside the partial cover set closest to the stage.

Fluttershy got a Team Jump from Applejack, and landed in the high area that made up the left side of the battlefield, right next to the 2nd light fixture.

Rabbid Fluttershy got a Team Jump from Rarity, and landed on the left side of the battlefield.

Rabbid Jack and Rabbid Pinkie both stayed where they were.

2 sets of Rabbid ears burst from the ground in each of the high areas, signaling that new enemies were going to appear.

"BWAAAAAAAAH!" The Phantom sang as he sent a wave of energy towards Applejack, triggering a Push Effect that sent her rolling out of the battlefield before respawning a moment later.

The remaining Buckler simply moved to a different spot in his high area, where he blasted both Rabbid Twilight and Rarity.

2 Peek-a-Boos burst from the ground.

Rabbid Pinkie entered one of the pipes that lead to the right high area, where she dashed both the Buckler and the Peek-a-Boo before stopping. She rapidly blasted the Buckler, defeating him and releasing the energy.

Rabbid Jack entered the longer pipe that led to the right high area, where she dashed the Peek-a-Boo before stopping next to Rabbid Pinkie. She blasted the Peek-a-Boo, defeating him.

Fluttershy blasted the Peek-a-Boo near her, then dashed him as well as the light fixture, destroying it, before entering one of the pipes that led back to the ground.

Rabbid Twilight moved to a spot that was directly behind the Phantom.

Rabbid Rarity dashed the final light fixture, destroying it, then entered one of the pipes leading to the left high area, where she finished of the Peek-a-boo by dashing him before entering the second pipe back to the ground, stopping right next to Fluttershy.

"I'm a n-national treasure!" The Phantom shouted as he ghost half became solid one final time.

Rabbid Rarity sent a Sentry towards the Phantom, which exploded when it got in range of him, then activated her Shield.

Rabbid Twilight hit the Phantom with her Melee, triggering a Vamp Effect that he was immune to.

Twilight moved to the middle section of the stage, where she blasted the Phantom.

Applejack threw her Boomerang at the Phantom, triggering a Burn Effect that he was immune to.

Pinkie threw Boneless as the Phantom.

Rabbid Fluttershy blasted the Phantom with her Rocket.

Rarity ran up onto the stage and got a Team Jump from Twilight before landing next to the Phantom, where she blasted him.

The Phantom moved back to the middle section of the stage, sending Rabbid Twilight and Twilight flying with a Bounce Effect in the process. "BWAAAAAAAAH!" He sang as he sent a wave of energy towards Rabbid Rarity and Fluttershy, sending them rolling with a Push Effect.

"This is for roasting me!" Twilight shouted as she blasted the Phantom, defeating him and ending the battle.

The Phantom spun around from the final blow as the spotlight shined onto him again. He began to cry in a very dramatic way, then fell to the ground as he crawled to the front of the stage. He cried hysterically as he threw a tantrum before he rolled onto his back. He choked a little bit as he raised his arm up into the air, then curled up into a ball to cry a little bit more. He then lied on the stage, motionless, as he stuck out his tongue and played dead, accepting his defeat at the hands of these heroes.

The audience cheered for the Phantom's performance as they threw confetti down to him again.

"Top 10 Anime Death Scenes, am I right?" Beep-0 joked.

The heroes cheered as they were healed and rewarded 3300 bits and 300 Power Orbs

The cage that contained Rabbid Dash exploded, freeing her as she feel down to the stage. "Bwa Ya!" She cheered as she skated around in circles before making her way towards the heroes, but stopped and looked back at the Phantom. She went back over to him and kicked him on the side, and the Phantom didn't even react. Rabbid Dash nodded in satisfaction as she continued going over to the heroes.

"Welcome to the team, Rabbid Dash!" Beep-0 welcomed the new hero as he used one his ears to high five her.

"Wait, if the cage around her was charged with Megabug energy, and it was destroyed, does that mean..." Fluttershy started as she realized something important.

The group then saw that all the Vampire Fruit Bats that were trapped flew up into the air, all happy that they were free from the chains.

"Yes! Be free, my friends!" Fluttershy shouted as the Bats flew away to parts unknown.

"Bwa-Bwaaah!" The Rabbids cheered.

"Just as I suspected!" Beep-0 explained. "Their chains got weaker with every enemy we defeated. Now they're free to go back to sucking the juice out of apples!"

(Ahem)

Beep-0 looked over and saw that Applejack was staring at him again with a stern look on her face. "Oh, come on! You sectioned off part of your orchard for them!"

"(Sigh) Yeah, that's true." Applejack admitted.

"At least that's one problem caused by Chrysalis taken care of." Twilight explained. "But she still got away with Spawny again."

"So much for our champion." Rarity sighed in disappointment as he looked towards the defeated Phantom.

"Well, it wasn't a huge loss." Fluttershy assured her friend. "We found Pinkie while we were searching for him, and we made 2 new Rabbid friends as well."

"Bwa Bwah!" Rabbid Pinkie and Rabbid Dash agreed.

"That's right!" Twilight added. "Even though he's no help, we've still got them."

"Let's not forget about Rainbow Dash." Beep-0 explained to everyone. "She's still out there somewhere, and we need to find her."

"Well, she wasn't in the Spooky Trails, thankfully." Fluttershy told Beep-0. "But I hope we find her soon."

"We will, sugarcube." Applejack assured her.

"I hope we find Spawny too." Fluttershy explained. "Did you see the way Chrysalis hissed at him?"

"I think Spawny is starting to see the true side of Chrysalis." Twilight added.

"Which means he'll start getting desperate to get away form her!" Beep-0 realized. "That's good news for us!"

"But it's bad news for him, because Chrysalis won't ever let him go!"

"She might try to trap him somewhere!" Fluttershy realized with worry.

"Then we must find them again quickly before that happens! Let's get back to Ponyville so we can figure out where Chrysalis went with him this time." Beep-0 explained.

"What about 'Tom Phan' over there?" Applejack asked as she gestured towards the Phantom, who was still lying on the stage, playing dead.

"Let's just leave him there, as far as I'm concerned, his curtains are now closed." Beep-0 explained. "He won't be singing again anytime soon."

"And if he does, HOPEFULLY, he finds new inspiration for his work." Twilight added, still annoyed that she was the subject in all of the Phantom's songs.

"Let's go, everypony." Beep-0 explained as he activated his Sploing, teleporting all of them out of the Spooky Trails.

Author's Note:

- Happy Halloween, everyone! To celebrate the occasion, I've released the chapter that has my most favorite boss from the main game: the Phantom! As a bonus, I've even included his second verse that didn't make it into the final game!
- I would like to thank "Lucasnike123" for helping me with a couple of the lines for the MLP-version of the Phantom's song.
- I also used the opportunity to add a new hero to roster in this chapter, Rabbid Dash, since there aren't that many levels left where new characters are unlocked. That being said, the Rabbid 6 is officially together! Only 1 more hero remains, and I think you all know who that is. :D
- I'm gonna take a break from writing new chapters for a while so I can focus on the rest of my work this semester. In the meantime, I'll go back and edit the previous chapters and add the new thing for the battles and major places.
- The heroes battle the Phantom after discovering that the entire search for Tom Phan was all a trap set by Chrysalis! She escapes again with Spawny, but the heroes make a new ally in the end: Rabbid Dash! Perhaps they'll finally stop her in the final world. Stay tuned - Alastor

PreviousChapters Next