• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 3,744 Views, 342 Comments

My Little Pony + Rabbids: Equestria Battle - SharkBowser58



The Rabbids have entered Equestria! Join the Mane 6 as they team up with 6 Rabbids to stop a new threat!

  • ...
1
 342
 3,744

PreviousChapters Next
Spooky Trails 8: Moonlight Sonata

The heroes continued up they trail, and came across an open area that was surrounded by huge pumpkins and huge jack-o-lanterns lit by candles.

"Like it didn't feel like Nightmare Night around here already." Applejack joked.

"Please don't remind me." Fluttershy asked politely.

"There are a lot of pumpkins around here." Twilight pointed out. "I wonder why."

"Look at the detail of that pumpkin." Rarity said, admiring its work.

The team looked over and saw a large pumpkin that has been carved to look exactly like a fish with sharp teeth, and large leaves acting as its wings and fins.

"I am both frightened to my core and in awe of the artistry and skill involved in carving that pumpkin-shaped Bite-acuda." Beep-0 explained to the group.

"But the amount of detail is very impressive." Twilight added. "It looks exactly like one!"

"Here's something that isn't so scary." Fluttershy told the others, who ran over and saw another handmade Rabbid doll, resting on top of a tree stump, lit by candles.

"Madame Bwahstrella's handiwork." Beep-0 pointed out. "She's still upset at the Rabbids for breaking one of her favorite crystal balls."

"I know how she feels." Rarity told him, remembering how the Rabbids behaved at her boutique back in Ponyville with her dresses.

They all then heard Pinkie and the Rabbids laughing in the distance.

"What are ya girls laughin' at?" Applejack asked.

"Look at this guy!" Pinkie shouted.

The others quickly ran over and saw that a Rabbid was stuck inside the eye of one of the jack-o-lanterns, struggling to get loose.

"If Rabbids would simply come to terms with the fact that they're pear-shaped, they'd get stuck in a lot fewer places." Beep-0 pointed out.

"Look, another gate!" Applejack said to everyone as she pointed to another small gate nearby in the distance, already open.

"Good eye, AJ!" Twilight congratulated her friend. "Let's see where it goes."

The heroes all went over to the gate, but when they passed through, it lead to somewhere that was somehow even more creepy than the pumpkin patch.

"Brrr! A graveyard." Beep-0 shuddered as he observed the area, which was covered in tombstones. "It's cold, wet, and, unfortunately, exactly where we need to be."

"I really wish it wasn't." Fluttershy shuddered as she help Rabbid Fluttershy, who was scared of the place as well.

"However, I'm confused. The only interesting thing is the clock tower on the other side of the graveyard..."

The heroes turned and saw, in the distance, an old, rundown clock tower that looks like it has been abandoned for centuries.

"...how can it possibly help us to get the moon to rise twice in the same night?" Beep-0 finished.

"Of course!" Twilight shouted in realization. "I can't believe I haven't thought of it sooner!"

"Thought of what, Twilight?" Rarity asked in curiosity.

"Yeah! Tell us!" Pinkie added in excitement.

"Bwa Bwaaah!" The Rabbids added as well.

"Well, I've once read that before Celestia and Luna could raise the sun and moon with their own magic, they used a magic clock tower that was able to control the forward and backward movements of both until they mastered it on their own." Twilight explained before turning her attention back to the clock tower. "That must be it! Ooh! Isn't it exciting to use something that hasn't been used in forever?"

"Yeah, though, it looks like the Rabbids might've gotten to it first." Applejack joked as she pointed to the top of the tower, which had a cuckoo-bird-like feature with a Rabbid's head poking out.

Everyone laughed while Twilight had an annoyed look on her face.

"Anyway, let's, uh... let's get going." Twilight said as she started going up a small hill.

The other followed her into the first battlefield of the area.

Reach Area - 2 Hoppers, 2 Valkyries (Obstacle: 3 Spirit Balls)

The heroes on the battlefield saw that there was a safe zone on the northeastern most part of the battlefield.

Twilight started by activating her M-Power, empowering herself and the other heroes. She entered a pipe that lead to the right side of the battlefield, then stopped beside a full cover in a cover set.

Rabbid Rarity entered the same pipe, dashed a Valkyrie, and got a Team Jump from Twilight before landing in the area that made up the middle of the battlefield on one of its sides.

Fluttershy entered the pipe, dashed the same Valkyrie, got a Team Jump from Twilight, and got a Double Jump from Rabbid Rarity before landing near a pipe that led to the area that made up the top part of the battlefield.

Twilight blasted the Valkyrie.

Rabbid Rarity sent a Sentry towards the Valkyrie and Hopper closest, which travelled through a pipe to get to the right area and exploded when it got in range of them, defeating both of them and releasing the energy. She quickly activated her Shield

The Spirit Balls in the middle of the battlefield all teleported to new spots in the same area, one of which was close to Rabbid Rarity.

The remaining Hopper entered a different pipe that led to the middle of the battlefield, then entered another one that led to the high area in the middle before taking cover beside it.

The remaining Valkyrie entered the same pipes, then got a Team Jump from the Hopper before she Ground Pounded in a spot near Fluttershy, damaging her. She rapidly blasted the Pegasus, which triggered a Bounce Effect that sent her flying to the north area of the battlefield.

A set of Rabbid ears burst from the ground in the high area in the middle of the battlefield, signaling that a new enemy was going to appear.

Fluttershy entered a pipe that led to a high area in the northeastern part of the battlefield, then entered another pipe which brought her to the safe zone, ending the battle.

The heroes cheered as they were healed and rewarded 1700 bits and 250 Power Orbs

The heroes left the battlefield, and started to make their way towards the clock tower, and on the way, they spotted 2 Rabbids sitting next to each other on a stone fence, staring off into the distance.

"How romantic." Rarity said with admiration as she watched the 2 Rabbids sit on the fence, but then they slid toward each other, and one of them started licking the other affectionately, changing the Unicorn's expression to disgust almost instantly.

"Some creatures express affection differently, Rarity." Fluttershy explained. "Don't worry about it."

"I'll try."

"They're having a 'moment'. We shouldn't interrupt." Beep-0 explained as the Rabbids climbed back up to their spots.

The heroes left the 2 lovebirds alone as they turned their attention towards the clock tower.

"So, this is it, huh?" Applejack asked as she looked up at the building. "The Princesses' Clock Tower?"

"Looks that way!" Pinkie excitingly answered.

"What's this for?" Fluttershy asked as she turned her attention to what was set up in front of the building.

The heroes saw that there were mirrors, each one facing a different direction and each on tiles of different colors: red, blue, yellow, and green, and a beam of light needed to be reflected off of them, which was already reflecting off on of them on a green block. There were also pedestals that matched each color as well, and there was one totem resting in front of it all.

"Interesting, this contraption looks to be linked to the clock tower." Beep-0 theorized. "Is it a puzzle?"

"It must be." Twilight agreed. "I might've read about the tower, but I don't know how it works."

"Hold on, you said that clock could control the backwards movements of the moon, right Twilight?" Fluttershy asked.

"That's right." Twilight answered.

"Maybe if we turn the clock's hand backwards, that'll help?"

"It could force the moon back up into the sky, I suppose. And this puzzle may the key in doing that."

"Sounds like the type of nonsensical Rabbidese logic Equestria is overrun with..." Beep-0 started explaining. "...And therefore probably worth a shot!"

"Bwa-Bwaaah!" The Rabbids cheered as they made their way over to the puzzle.

Beep-0 used his Lift technique to pick up the totem, and the heroes placed it on the blue pedestal, causing the corresponding blocks to raise and reflect the light onto set of gray blocks. This caused its light to glow and lower a gate, revealing another totem.

"At least, this mean we don't need to do this with one totem." Fluttershy sighed in relief.

The heroes grabbed the second totem and placed it on the green pedestal, causing the block from earlier to lower and a new one was raised. This caused the light to be reflected onto another set of gray blocks, causing its light o glow and reveal a 3rd totem. They quickly grabbed it and placed it on the red pedestal, causing its corresponding blocks to raise and reflected the beam. Soon after, they grabbed the totem off the green pedestal, causing its blocks to lower and raise simultaneously, then placed it on the yellow pedestal, causing those mirrors to raise and reflect the light at a set of gray blocks in front of the tower, causing the lights to light up and open a gate out of the area. Almost immediately, the hands on the clock started to turn backwards.

"Well, that did the trick." Applejack said as she watched the clocks hand pick up speed as they went backwards.

"Ooh! Look at that!" Pinkie shouted in amazement.

The heroes looked up and were amazed to see that the moon was rising back up into the sky.

"Wow, it actually worked!" Beep-0 shouted in amazement.

"Hopefully, Luna won't be mad that we undid her handiwork." Twilight explained.

"I'm sure she'll understand."

As the moon stopped in its place high in the sky, a beam of light shot down from it, and when the heroes saw it hit the Moon Gate way out in the distance, it opened instantly!

"We did it! We finally opened the Moon Gate! "Twilight cheered, and Beep-0 gave a short beep shortly after.

"Aha! Our cryptic colleague calls to congratulate us." Beep-0 cheered as he opened up the message. "MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The Moon Gate is open and Mr. Tom Phan awaits. Soon you'll be out of the picture entirely. Muhahahahaha."

The group felt very uneasy about this message in particular, because it seemed even more suspicious than the last ones.

"Er... when I wrote 'out of the picture' I meant, 'doing great'. Also, when I wrote 'muhahahahaha' I meant, 'congratulations'." Beep-0 continued reading. "Also when I wrote 'muhahahahaha' the second time I meant, er... 'You guys are really cool and I like you a lot and definitely don't wish you any harm'. *snicker*"

"Why do these messages keep getting worse?!" Fluttershy asked in fright.

"BWA BWA BWAAAH!" Rabbid Fluttershy shouted in fear as she quickly ran up to embrace Fluttershy again.

"Somethin's been off about this whole thing ever since we got to these Trails." Applejack explained once again. "I don;t think this Tom Phan is worth the trouble!"

"I know." Beep-0 agreed. "I don't know why our hidden helper is being so suspicious, but we needed to try at least."

"Yeah, Applejack." Twilight said as she joined in. "We didn't have any other leads when we first got here, and this mysterious somepony hasn't failed us yet. While I'm not sure about why they're acting this way, we still needed a plan, especially since we don't know where Chrysalis is out here."

"I suppose yer right." Applejack reluctantly agreed.

"Well! It would seem that our quest is almost at end." Beep-0 explained. "Let's not keep our savior waiting any longer than necessary!"

Everyone nodded as the left the scene, all except for Applejack.

"I said it before, I'll say it again. I have a bad feelin' about this." Applejack said to herself as she ran to catch up with the others.

As the heroes started going down the path that led them down the hill, they spotted a Rabbid on top of a doghouse-like mausoleum, sleeping in a very similar fashion of that of a very famous cartoon dog.

"He'll catch the Red Baron one of these days." Beep-0 explained.

"With the help of a Little Birdie I bet." Fluttershy suggested.

The heroes continued down the path and found that it led them back to the beginning of the Slime Swamp. They quickly took the path back to the Spooky Square.

"That's right! You BETTER stay down there if you know what's good for you!" Beep-0 shouted down the well to Calavera as the heroes passed it one last time.

"Or at least until you're ready to play nicely!" Pinkie added.

The group passed by the pedestals where they placed the Gramophone and the Ghost Balloon, and after crossing the bridge that brought them to the Spooky Trails, they returned to the Moon Gate, which was now open for all of them.

"I can't believe we finally did it!" Twilight told the team in disbelief.

"Bwa Bwa!" Rabbid Twilight agreed.

"Now we can finally meet this champion." Rarity added.

"What're we waiting for? Let's go in there and meet him!" Pinkie cheered as she started going through the gate.

"Hold on!" Applejack shouted, which stopped the others from following Pinkie. "I still ain't too sure about this. Maybe we should upgrade our weapons and Skill Trees, just in case."

"I don't think it's necessary, but we'll do it." Beep-0 told her as he opened the Battle HQ.

All the heroes used the bits they've collected to make their weapons stronger and deal more damage to enemies.

Twilight used 60 of her Power Orbs increase the damage dealt when performing a Dash.

Rabbid Rarity used 90 of her Power Orbs to increase the range of her Heal.

Applejack used 80 of her Power Orbs to increase the damage dealt when she is in a high area.

Rabbid Twilight used 50 of her Power Orbs to increase the area of movement when she exits a pipe.

Rabbid Fluttershy used 70 of her Power Orbs to increase the damage drained with her Vamp Dash.

Rarity used 120 of her Power Orbs to increase the range of her Healing Jump, and how much she can damage it can heal at a time.

Fluttershy used 80 of her Power Orbs to increase the range of her Flee Feet.

Rabbid Jack used 60 of her Power Orbs to increase the number of dashes she can perform to 3.

Pinkie used 250 of her Power Orbs to unlock her secondary weapon, the Party Cannon (Rocket), and the range of her Party Time Technique (Magnet Dance) as well as the time it takes for it to recharge to 1 turn.

Rabbid Pinkie used 150 of her Power Orbs to increase the range of her Scaredy Rabbid.

"So, is everypony ready to meet Tom Phan?" Beep-0 asked as he closed the Battle HQ.

"Yeah!" The Ponies cheered.

"Bwaah!" The Rabbids cheered.

"Let's go in, then!" Beep-0 cheered as he entered the Moon Gate, with the others following close behind.

However, as the heroes made their way into the area, someone quickly swooped in and grabbed the Relics of Goodness of their pedestals, causing the Moon Gate to close behind them!

Author's Note:

Happy 5th Anniversary to Super Mario Odyssey! One of the best Mario games ever made!
For the Skill Trees this time around, I had to make up some of the skills unlocked since packattack04082 only upgraded one hero while resetting 2 others, so really, the only one who got upgraded that way was Twilight. Honestly, the heroes might start using the Battle HQ in between chapters. XD
Using an old clock tower, the heroes are able to turn back time, bringing the moon back into the sky. Finally unlocking the Moon Gate, the heroes are ready to meet Tom Phan! Does that mean this is the end of their journey? Find out next time!

PreviousChapters Next