• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 3,744 Views, 342 Comments

My Little Pony + Rabbids: Equestria Battle - SharkBowser58



The Rabbids have entered Equestria! Join the Mane 6 as they team up with 6 Rabbids to stop a new threat!

  • ...
1
 342
 3,744

PreviousChapters Next
Lava Pit 8: Castle Guards

Castle Gates

Going up the hill that the Megabug flew over not too long ago, the heroes come across another closed gate that needed to be opened by sliding a block onto the matching button. However, this time there were 3 separate platforms that the block needed to weight down the button had to be slid across in order to do it, and it was located on the highest level. By entering the 2 pipes that led to the higher levels, and by working together, the team was able to use move the block to the bottom platform after a few minutes, opening the gate and allowing them to continue up the trail and into the 1st battlefield.

Defeat All - 4 Hoppers, 2 Bucklers, 2 Supporters

Twilight kicked things off by activating her M-Power, empower herself and the other heroes, then moved to an open area that was close to the high area that made up the middle of the battlefield.

Rabbid Twilight got a Team Jump from Twilight, and landed in the middle of the high area where she activated her Magnet Dance, drawing the 4 Hoppers towards her before the one on the ground stopped. She hit one of them with her Melee, and the force of it triggered a Vamp Effect that defeated the 3 Hoppers surrounding her.

Twilight blasted the remaining Hopper, triggering a Honey Effect that defeated him.

Fluttershy got a Double Team Jump from both Twilight and Rabbid Twilight before she landed beside a full cover on the north end of the battlefield. She sent a Sentry towards the 2 Supporters located on a small island that made up the left side of the battlefield, and after it entered a pipe to get there, it exploded when it got in range of them, defeating them both. Fluttershy activated her Hero sight.

The Bucklers moved towards Fluttershy, and both a hit by her Hero Sight, triggering a Bounce Effect that sent them both flying out of the battlefield, one of which was hit twice by it, defeating him. The remaining Buckler respawned a moment later, then tried to blast Fluttershy, but missed due to her full cover. He activated his Super Chance, increasing his chances of triggering a Super Effect.

Fluttershy dashed the Buckler, then blasted him, defeating him and ending the battle.

The heroes cheered as the rest of their friends rejoined them

Everyone exited the battlefield, they found a block in the middle of a small, square section, with 4 colored buttons in the corners. Over a river of lava, they noticed similar situations on 2 other small islands.

"Oh, we don't have time for this!" Twilight exclaimed. "We can't risk letting that thing escape!"

"Get a hold of yourself, Twilight!" Rarity shouted as she shook her friend to calm her down. "The sooner we get past this, the sooner we find that monster. Patience."

"Alright, alright." Twilight sighed as she calmed down. "What do we have to do for this one?"

Beep-0 noted that there were matching colored blocks over the lava, and as he approached the edge, stone blocks rose out of the lava, forming a small bridge to one of the islands, but there was at least 1 gap in the middle, making it incomplete. He also noted that the path continued on the other side of the lava. "Based on my calculations, in order to continue on our merry way, we must place the blocks on all the right switches in order to make a complete bridge to the other side of the lava."

"Let's do this." Twilight stated, determined not to let the Megabug get away.

After a few minutes of shifting the blocks around in all 3 sections, as well as finding a giant cupcake that healed them all as a bonus, the heroes made their way across the lava after putting together a complete bridge, and soon entered the next battlefield.

Defeat All - 2 Hoppers, 2 Supporters, 1 Smasher

Twilight started by activating her M-Power, empowering herself and the other heroes.

Rabbid Pinkie dashed the Supporters and the Smasher before stopping near a cover set on the right side of the battlefield. She then tossed a Grenaduck at the Hoppers, which triggered a Stone Effect that prevented them from doing anything.

Rabbid Twilight Boomdashed the Smasher and a Supporter, its force defeating the latter and a Hopper, before stopping in the middle of the battlefield. She activated her Magnet Dance and drew all the remaining enemies to her, except for the remaining Hopper due to his Stone Effect, but was still close to her nonetheless. Rabbid Twilight hit the Smasher with her Melee, triggering a Vamp Effect which defeated the enemies, ending the battle.

The heroes cheered as their fri--

Only Fluttershy, Rabbid Rarity, and Rabbid Fluttershy made it into the area as the energy field suddenly went up again! And in Applejack's face, too!

"Are you kiddin' me with this?!" Applejack said as she rubbed her nose once again.

"What's going on?!" Twilight asked as she and the other heroes turned and saw a new horde of enemies appear on the battlefield, and they were some of the stronger ones!

"The Megabug is trying to stop us from getting to it by overwhelming us with enemy Rabbids!" Beep-0 explained while observing the situation. "Well, we'll see about that! Battle stations, everypony!"

Defeat All - 3 Bucklers, 2 Supporters, 2 Hoppers, 1 Smasher, 1 Ziggy

Twilight activated her M-power, empowering herself and the other heroes.

Rabbid Twilight Boomdashed a Buckler, and its force damaged another as well as the Smasher, before stopping. She activated her Magnet Dance, which drew the Bucklers, Hoppers, and Smasher, then hit the Smasher with her Melee, which triggered a Vamp Effect and defeated all the enemies in range of her.

Fluttershy moved to a partial cover that was close to Rabbid Twilight, then sent a Sentry through a pipe that lead to one of the high areas that made up the corners of the battlefield towards the Ziggy and a Supporter, and it exploded when it got in range of him, triggering a Bounce effect that sent them flying, defeating the Ziggy by sending him flying out of the battlefield, and sending the Supporter to the ground.

Twilight got a Team Jump from Fluttershy, stomped the Supporter, and landed on a different side of Fluttershy's partial cover before she blasted the enemy Rabbid, triggering a Honey Effect that defeated him.

Rabbid Rarity got a Team Jump from Fluttershy and landed near the upper left high area where the remaining Supporter was. She sent a Sentry through the pipe, and it exploded when it got in range of him, triggering a Push Effect that sent him rolling off the high area, causing him to get hit by Fluttershy's Hero Sight, which triggered a Bounce Effect that sent him flying out of the battlefield, defeating him and ending the battle.

The heroes cheered as the rest of their friends rejoined them

"Well, I didn't see that one coming." Fluttershy stated.

"Quick, let's get out of here!" Pinkie added, urging the heroes to go.

"BWA BWAH!!!" The Rabbid 6 agreed.

The heroes began to make their way towards the exit, but Bwaxie suddenly jumped out from behind a full cover!

"BWAH!" Bwaxie roared as she held out her arm, forcing the heroes to stop, as Bwarlight jumped up, rolled over her partner's arm, and landed in front of the group, and, with a smug grin on her face, she held out her arms for the heroes to stop, too.

"You two again?!" Rainbow shouted in annoyance.

"Bwa Bwa." Bwarlight answered as she twirled her weapon in the air.

"We don't have time for you, too!" Beep-0 explained to their enemies. "We need to stop your master before it destroys us all!"

"I'll take care of this." Twilight stated as she marched towards the boss Rabbids, not wanting to deal with another distraction, however, another Rabbid suddenly appeared behind her.

This Rabbid wore red and gold armor with a red cape that had a golden sun-like symbol on the back; a golden helmet that had giant, glowing, orange lava horns with a floating orb of lava in between the tips, and a crown like mask with a large, red gem in the middle; had a purple mohawk and beard that were each poking out through the helmet; and glowing, orange eyes. He tapped Twilight on the shoulder, then quickly changed sides as she turned around to look behind her. As Twilight turned to look back in front of her, the new boss Rabbid suddenly took a hold of her and kissed her on the muzzle before dropping her. This was the Lava King!

"What just happened?!" Twilight shouted as she quickly rubbed her face and rejoined her friends as the Lava King joined Bwarlight and Bwaxie. "Whose he?!"

"Wait a sec." Applejack stated as she suddenly realized something. "Earlier, we saw the Megabug drop 3 of them glowin' orbs, and 2 of 'em turned out to be Bwarlight and Bwaxie. He must'a come from the 3rd!"

"Well, whoever he is, I don't like him." Twilight added as she made sure the smooch mark was gone from her face.

"Come on, everypony!" Beep-0 explained. "The sooner we beat them, the sooner we get the Megabug!"

"Right!" The Mane 6 shouted in agreement.

"Bwa Bwah!' The Rabbid 6 added in agreement.

Defeat All - Bwarlight, Bwaxie, Lava King, 1 Ziggy, 1 Hopper, 1 Supporter, 1 Buckler

Twilight kicked this battle off by activating her M-Power, empowering herself and all the other heroes, then moved to the edge of a nearby platform that acted as a partial cover on the north end of the battlefield.

Fluttershy dashed the Ziggy, then stopped right next to Twilight before she activated her Hero Sight. She sent a Sentry through a pipe that lead to the upper-right high area towards the Bwaaah Trio (Bwarlight, Bwaxie, and Lava King), and it exploded when it got in range of them and triggered a Bounce Effect that sent them all flying, which sent Bwaxie and Lava King flying out of the battlefield before respawning, while Bwarlight was sent to the ground.

Twilight blasted the Lava King.

Rabbid Twilight Boomdashed the Ziggy, damaging him and the Supporter, and the Buckler before stopping next to the Ziggy. She activated her Magnet Dance, drawing Bwarlight and all the smaller enemies towards her, and Bwarlight and the Hopper got hit by Fluttershy's Hero Sight, which triggered a Bounce Effect that sent them both flying. Rabbid Twilight hit the Ziggy with her Melee, and it triggered a Vamp Effect that defeated both him and the Supporter.

Bwarlight dashed Rabbid Twilight, then entered a pipe that led to the bottom right high area, where rapid blasted her before she activated her Villain Sight.

Bwaxie entered the pipe that led back to the ground before stopping to rest

Lava King rapid blasted Fluttershy before moving to a partial cover in her high area.

Rabbid Fluttershy moved to a partial cover in the middle of the battlefield, while getting hit by Bwarlight's Villain Sight, then she blasted Bwarlight with her Rocket before activating her Super Barrier.

Rainbow entered a pipe that lead to the bottom left high area, then entered the opposing pipe, returning to the ground where she dashed the Buckler. She quickly rapid-blasted him in the back with her Rumblebang.

Rabbid Rarity dashed the Buckler, then moved to a ledge that acting as a partial cover that was near Rabbid Fluttershy. She sent a Sentry towards the Hopper, and it exploded when it got in range of him, defeating him.

Bwarlight moved to the full cover set in her high area, then she rapid blasted Rainbow.

Bwaxie charged towards Fluttershy, then activated her Magnet Dance, drawing Twilight towards her. She slammed both of them with her Horn Melee.

Lava King entered the pipe leading to the ground, and dashed Twilight before getting a Team Jump from Bwaxie, landing on beside the upper right high area, where he rapid blasted Rabbid Fluttershy.

Rarity activated her Protection, allowing her to absorb some of the damage dealt to Applejack, Rabbid Jack, Pinkie, Rabbid Pinkie, and Rabbid Dash, then got a Team Jump from Rabbid Jack before landing next to the Buckler. She blasted him with her Rumblebang, defeating him.

Applejack bucked a full cover towards Bwaxie, then entered a pipe leading to the upper left high area of the battlefield. She tossed her Boomerang at Bwaxie, getting her attention as she charged towards the orange pony, while bumping into Twilight and Fluttershy, triggering a Bounce Effect that sent them flying in opposite directions, Twilight flying out of the battlefield before respawning a moment later.

Rabbid Jack dashed Bwaxie, then got a Team Jump from Rabbid Fluttershy, which landed her near the Lava King, where she blasted him before activating her Shield.

Bwarlight moved back down to the ground through the pipe and hid behind a nearby full cover, where she attempted to rapid blast Rabbid Fluttershy, but failed due to her partial cover.

Bwaxie charged towards Applejack, but stopped to rest before she could enter the pipe leading to her high area.

Lava King rapid blasted Rabbid Jack, with her Shield reducing some of the damage, then dashed her before

Rabbid Pinkie dashed Bwaxie, then moved to the north end of the battlefield near where Twilight was. She tossed a Grenaduck towards Bwaxie, and it exploded when it got in range of her, getting her attention as she began to charge towards her before stopping.

Rabbid Dash entered a pipe leading to the bottom-left high area, then launched a Barrel Bolt towards Bwaxie, triggering an Ink Effect that prevented her from attacking, but that didn't stop her from charging towards her before stopping to rest.

Pinkie got a Team Jump from Rabbid Fluttershy, and landed beside the opposite side of Bwarlight's full cover. She activated her Party Time technique, drawing Bwarlight towards her, then tossed Boneless at her and the Lava King.

Bwarlight rapid blasted Pinkie, then dashed her before she moved to the middle of the battlefield, where she activated her Villain Sight.

Bwaxie made her way towards Rabbid Dash, but stopped to rest.

Lava King rapid blasted Rabbid Dash, then dashed Pinkie before moving to an open area near Rabbid Twilight.

Fluttershy activated her Flee Feet, increasing the area of movement for herself, Twilight, and Rabbid Pinkie, then entered the pipe, while getting hit by Bwarlight's Villain Sight, triggering a Vamp Effect that healed her with half the damage dealt. She stopped next to the partial cover, then blasted the Lava King, triggering a Honey Effect that defeated him.

Twilight activated her M-Power, empowering herself, then moved to the ledge where she first went to at the beginning of the battle, and blasted Bwaxie, defeating her.

Rabbid Twilight Boomdashed Bwarlight, then hit her with her Melee, triggering a Vamp Effect that defeated her and ended the battle.

The Bwaaah Trio quickly recovered and glared at the heroes. Bwarlight and Bwaxie abandoned their weapons and made their way to the entrance of the battlefield, while the Lava King flexed his muscles towards Twilight before he rejoined his allies by backflipping in their direction. Bwarlight jumped onto Bwaxie's shoulder and she jumped off the edge carrying her friend, with the Lava King following suit after he waved goodbye to Twilight. The Bwaaah Trio were gone.

The heroes cheered as they were all healed and rewarded 2500 bits and 480 Power Orbs

The heroes quickly exited the battlefield before the Megabug could send any more enemies their way, which it did as the barrier went back up and new enemies appeared.

"Bwah?" A Ziggy asked in confusion as to where the heroes were.

"Bwada Bwah." A Supporter answered while shrugging, unaware that the heroes were sprinting up the trail behind them.

"That was a close one!" Twilight sighed. "We couldn't let the Megabug keep us there forever!"

"But this is good news!" Pinkie cheered.

"Why's that?" Beep-0 asked in confusion.

"Because if the Megabug doesn't know we left, it thinks we're still battling!"

"Meaning it won't see us comin', so we have a head start!" Applejack agreed.

"But that won't last, let's hurry." Fluttershy assured the group.

The heroes nodded in agreement and continued up the trail, which stopped near a huge canyon, and on the other side of it was a giant, castle-like wall.

"The Megabug must be somewhere on the other side." Rarity theorized. "But how to get through this."

Everyone soon cam across a large puzzle that looked to be a combination of all the other major puzzles they've come across on their journey: colored buttons, colored pedestals, and 4 matching colored, small gates one either end of the area.

"Alright, everypony." Beep-0 explained to the heroes. "This looks the final stretch. we get past this puzzle, and we reach the Megabug."

"Alright, let's do this." Twilight addressed in a calm manner, realizing that there's no quicker way to get past this.

To speed up the process, the heroes divided themselves into 2 groups so that they can go through the puzzle faster, and after a couple minutes of placing totems onto pedals, sliding blocks across colored block bridges and onto switches, the 4 small gates were opened, revealing 2 giant, gray-colored switches on the other side.

"These switches a WAY bigger than the ones we've found during our journey. If these don't turn on something important, I don't know what does!" Pinkie joked.

The 2 groups activated the 2 switches at the same time, which raised a huge bridge that led to the giant wall. As they rejoined one another and made their way across the bridge, the mechanizations in the gate began to activate, opening numerous, but unnecessary, layers which consisted of a fence dropping down, a gear door spinning and opening, 6 stone walls lifting up out of the way, and, finally, a huge gear rolling off to the side. On the other side of it all, was a golden Rabbid cannon, pointing out into the distance over a forest, which was where the vortex was currently located.

"Wow, would you look at that view, everypony?"

"Bwaaaa..." The Rabbids sighed in amazement.

Rabbid Rarity quickly took out her phone and started taking selfies with the scenery behind her.

"There's the vortex!" Rainbow pointed out.

"And wherever the vortex is, the Megabug is surely there as well." Rarity agreed.

"Wait a second..." Fluttershy mentioned as she noticed something familiar in the distance. "Is that what I think it is?"

The Ponies and Beep-0 saw that way out in the distance was an ancient, rundown castle that looks as if it was abandoned for 1,000 years.

"No way, that's the Castle of the Two Sisters!" Beep-0 realized in excitement. "I've gotta say, I never thought I'd get to see it firsthand. This is pretty amazing!"

"This also means we're somewhere near the Everfree forest, so we're not too far from home." Twilight added.

"Plus, the vortex glowing over it really gives the castle more color!" Pinkie added.

After hearing that, everyone noticed that Pinkie was right: the vortex was spinning directly over the old castle.

"Wait, if the vortex is over the castle..." Fluttershy started.

"Y'all don't think?" Applejack asked, realizing what this meant. "Uh oh."

"The Megabug's going after the Tree of Harmony!" Twilight gasped in realization. "Oh no, if it corrupts the Elements of Harmony with its energy, Equestria's doomed!"

"Bwa Bwa-Bwah?" The Rabbids asked in confusion.

"The Elements of Harmony are powerful artifacts that symbolize the 6 aspects of harmony: Kindness, Loyalty, Laughter, Generosity, Honesty, and Magic." Twilight explained.

"All 6 of us have used them on many occasions, actually." Rarity explained getting the Rabbids' attention.

"Whenever Equestria was in danger, we would use the Elements to save the day." Fluttershy added.

"And every time we use them, it's awesome!" Rainbow added, exciting the Rabbids even more.

"And we'd celebrate with donuts afterwards!" Pinkie added.

"Bwah Bwah!" The Rabbids cheered, knowing the may get donuts when the chaos is over.

"Anyway, the Tree of Harmony is where the Elements originally came from before we returned them to it." Twilight continued before turning her attention to the vortex. "We can't let it succeed!"

"If the Megabug is going after the Tree, then we better prepare ourselves for the worst." Beep-0 explained to the group. "We'd better upgrade our Skill Trees with our remaining bits and Power Orbs " He opened up the Battle HQ as the heroes began looking through it.

By spending all the rest of their bits and Power Orbs, the heroes all upgraded their weapons to their maximum level, making them stronger than ever, and upgraded the rest of their techniques, movements, attacks, and any thing else they would need out there.

"Alright, everypony, let's all end this, once and for all!" Beep-0 cheered.

"Yeah!" The Mane 6 cheered.

"Bwa-Bwaaah!" The Rabbid 6 cheered.

The heroes all entered the golden cannon, and it blasted them all towards the Castle of the Two Sisters.

Author's Note:

- In the original game, the new boss Rabbid is the Lava Queen and, in the cutscenes, she has a bit of a crush on Mario. I've decided to gender swap her into the Lava King since Twilight plays the role of Mario in this story.
- I also decided to try a new system for the boss battles where I have all the heroes fight at the same time, but only do 3 at a time before it's the enemies turn. It's simpler than having all 12 heroes attack on the same turn, then have the enemies attack once throughout the entire battle.
- Our heroes chase the Megabug up the trail, but in a last ditch effort to stop them, it sends hordes of enemy Rabbids to stop them. After defeating Bwarlight and Bwaxie a 2nd time, as well as their newest companion, The Lava King, the heroes are horrified to find out what the Megabug is after: the Tree of Harmony.
- Will they able to stop the Megabug before it's too late? Find out in the final battle!

PreviousChapters Next