• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 3,744 Views, 342 Comments

My Little Pony + Rabbids: Equestria Battle - SharkBowser58



The Rabbids have entered Equestria! Join the Mane 6 as they team up with 6 Rabbids to stop a new threat!

  • ...
1
 342
 3,744

PreviousChapters Next
Spooky Trails 6: Double-Barreled

Spooky Trails - Slime Swamp

"So, these guys are called Rabbids?" Pinkie asked as the heroes went down the trail.

"Yes." Fluttershy answered.

"And there's a bunch of them back in Ponyville right now?"

"Yes." Rarity answered.

"And you got stranded on an island?"

"That's right." Applejack answered.

"And you're not a hockey puck?"

"No, I'm not." Beep-0 answered.

"AND this is a Rabbid version of me?" Pinkie asked as she gestured over the Rabbid Pinkie.

"Yes." Twilight answered.

"That's amazing!" Pinkie shouted with joy as she hugged Rabbid Pinkie. "Twinsies!!!"

"BWA BWAAAH!" Rabbid Pinkie shouted as she licked the Pony's face to show affection.

"Anyway, now that you're caught up on the situation, Pinkie, we need to turn our attention to the final piece of the puzzle that awakens Tom Phan: the Moon." Beep-0 explained. "Our mysterious guide has sent us in this direction, saying that there's something that'll help with that."

"And it looks like we have to go through... this." Rarity said in disgust.

The new path had lead the heroes to a swamp, which was bubbling with green water.

"Bwa Bwa Bwaah!" Rabbid Rarity shouted in disgust as she stuck her tongue out and tried to plug her nose, until she remembered that she didn't even have one.

"I don't think we can swim through that." Fluttershy told the others.

"Those 2 look like they're having fun." Pinkie said as she pointed to 2 Rabbids in the distance, floating and laughing in the swamp water.

"Aren't they worried about catching something?" Beep-0 asked.

"I certainly would be." Rarity answered.

"Well, he doesn't look worried." Pinkie said as she pointed to someone nearby.

*Squeak* *Squeak* *Squeak* *Squeak*

It was the Rabbid with the rubber duck floatie again, and he was walking directly into the swamp water without thinking twice.

"Wha- Again?!" Twilight shouted in disbelief. "Now this is just getting ridiculous!"

"I don't know who he is, but he has good taste in fashion." Pinkie said, earning a stink eye from Rarity which went unnoticed by the pink pony.

"Even if he isn't afraid of that green goop, I am." Rarity explained.

"Don't worry, Rarity." Twilight assured her friend. "Looks like we don't even have to touch the water." She pointed to some more wooden bridges like the ones from the Underwater Village.

"Thank goodness!" Rarity sighed in relief.

"Let's get started before the water dissolves them." Beep-0 joked.

"THAT'S POSSIBLE?!" Rarity asked in shock, pulling the robot to her face.

Beep-0 said nothing as he got down from Rarity with a disturbed look on his face and started going across the bridge, with everyone else following close behind.

After crossing the first bridge, the heroes soon crossed a small, green section with maze-like fences, and the strangest thing was that some areas of it had fences hidden, and they'd rise up if the heroes got too close, blocking their path. After crossing it, they came across a small island that was surrounded by another 3 sections with maze like fences, each of a different color: red, blue, and yellow. They also saw that there was a handmade Rabbid doll tied to a wheel, with colored panels matching each section, lit by candles.

"What is this thing?" Applejack asked as she took a closer look at the contraption.

"And what's this doll?" Twilight asked as she looked at the doll.

"Hey! There's another one over there!" Pinkie pointed to a Rabbid that was talking and laughing with a similar doll nearby.

"I hope he knows that's a doll." Beep-0 explained to the group. "Things might get awkward, otherwise."

"Let him have his fun." Fluttershy told him.

"What's that Rabbid doing?" Rarity asked as she pointed to another Rabbid that was sitting on a tree root over the water close by with a lit candle melting on his head, licking some of the dripping wax.

"He's debuting a new scent for the Rabbid Candle Company - Moonlit Scumwater." Beep-0 explained.

"Ew... not the scent I would wear to the Grand Galloping Gala."

"I think we found something." Twilight told the heroes as she gestured towards another gray button. She pressed it and all 4 sections rotated clockwise, and the panels on the wheel matched the new positions.

The heroes saw that the path continued north of the island, so they needed to rotate the sections in a way so that they weren't blocked by hidden fences.

Applejack tried to cross the red section that was now connected to the north side of the island, but was quickly blocked by its hidden fences.

"Well, I guess we just keep hitting the button until we find the right path?" Fluttershy suggested.

The heroes nodded in agreement as they pressed the button a couple more times, and traveled in each section until they found the right one to go through, which turned out to be the very first one they crossed: the green one.

"That was easy." Twilight told the heroes as they continued up the path.

Twilight, Rabbid Twilight, and Rabbid Pinkie were in front of the group, when they were suddenly attacked from the air!

"Girls!" The Ponies shouted.

"Bwah!" The Rabbids shouted.

They all ran in to help them, but an energy barrier forced them back.

Fireballs rained continued down, forcing the heroes inside the battlefield to crowd together, and when they looked down, the blasts had formed a heart pattern in the ground.

Their attacker soon landed in front of them, and leaned again a full cover. It was a female Rabbid who had blue hair with a braid and glowing blue eyes. She was also wearing a very familiar set of armor.

"Twilight! That's the same armor we found earlier at those ruins!" Rarity shouted from the other side of the barrier.

"I know, and you were right! It was meant for Rabbids." Twilight agreed.

The new enemy Rabbid blew some of her hair out of her face, then sighed before she jumped then and started to blast at the heroes with a Rumblebang-like weapon in her breastplates! She was a Valkyrie!

The heroes quickly dodged out of the way of the attack as the Valkyrie ran to take her place on the battlefield, as 4 more appeared to help her.

Defeat All - 5 Valkyries

"Valkyries go to great lengths to protect themselves and others" Beep-0 explained.

"Unfortunately for them, we do the same!" Twilight heroically told the others, who nodded in agreement.

"Watch for their Team Jump - It ends with a Ground Pound!" Beep-0 warned. "Don't let them get the drop on you... literally! Also beware their , er... 'unique' yet powerful shooting technique." Beep-0 sooned turned towards Rabbid Pinkie. "Before we start, may a suggest we upgrade Rabbid Pinkie's Skill Tree since she is present?"

"OOOH! Skill Tree?" Pinkie couldn't help overhearing Beep-0. "Does this mean we can have a pancake party later?!"

"No! Why does everypony assume there's syrup involved in these?" Beep-0 asked, starting to get very annoyed by this running gag before calming down. "I'll just open the Battle HQ real quick."

Rabbid Pinkie used most of her Power Orbs to increase the number of dashes she can perform to 4, increase the damage dealt by dashes, increase her range of movement around the battlefield and from exiting pipes, increase her health, and unlock the Grenaduck and Scaredy Rabbid technique, before Beep-0 closed the Battle HQ.

Twilight activated her M-Power, empowering herself and the other heroes.

Rabbid Twilight dashed the Valkyrie closest, then entered a pipe on the left side of the battlefield that led to a small island, where she dashed the other 2 Valkyries there, before stopping beside a partial cover in a cover set. She activated her Magnet Dance, drawing the Valkyries to her, then hit one of them with her Melee, the force defeating both of them.

Rabbid Pinkie dashed the same Valkyrie before entered a pipe on the right side of the battlefield, leading to another small island where she dashed the 2 Valkyries there before stopping beside a partial cover in a cover set. She rapidly blasted one of them before activating her Outer Shell, which behaved like a Super Shield.

Twilight dashed the same Valkyrie before stopping beside a full cover that was part of the enemy Rabbid's cover set. She blasted the Valkyrie, which triggered a Bounce Effect that sent her flying out of the battlefield, defeating her and releasing the energy.

The Valkyries entered the right pipe, entering the starting area, where one stopped beside a full cover and attempted to rapidly blast Twilight, but missed due to her full cover, while the other got a Team Jump from her ally and Ground Pounded a spot near the Pony, damaging her. The Valkyrie then rapidly blasts Twilight.

Twilight dashed the Valkyrie that attacked her, defeating her before stopping next to the remaining enemy. She hit the Valkyrie with her Melee.

Rabbid Pinkie entered the right pipe and returned to the starting area, where she dashed the Valkyrie before stopping beside a partial cover, where she rapidly blasted her, defeating her and ending the battle.

The heroes cheered as the rest of their friends rejoined them.

"Are you girls alright?" Fluttershy asked.

"BWA BWA!" Rabbid Pinkie shouted as she stuck out her tongue and gave a thumbs-up.

"We're fine." Twilight assured her friend.

"Well, now we know who that armor we found was meant for." Rarity pointed out.

"And they're dangerous with them on!" Fluttershy added.

"Bwa Bwa-Bwah." Rabbid Fluttershy agreed.

"I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of them out here." Beep-0 explained. "Let's be more careful."

The heroes nodded as they continued down the path, and it didn't take long for them to reach the next battlefield.

Defeat All - 3 Ziggies, 2 Valkyries, and 1 Smasher (Obstacle: 5 Spirit Balls)

Twilight activated her M-Power, empowering herself and the other heroes in range.

Rabbid Twilight dashed the Ziggy closest before entering a pipe the led to a small island on the left side of the battlefield, where she then dashed another Ziggy before entering another pipe which led to a larger island that made up the middle of the battlefield. She dashed a Valkyrie before stopping beside a full cover, which was right next to the Smasher.

Rabbid Pinkie dashed the same Ziggies, defeating them, and entered the same pipes, but she then entered a third pipe that led to a small island that made up the right side of the battlefield, where she dashed the Ziggy there before stopping in the bottom-left corner, getting the attention of a Spirit Ball in the process.

Twilight entered the first 2 pipes, then dashed the Valkyrie before stopping right next to her. She blasted the Smasher, which triggered a Bounce Effect that sent him flying, but it also got his attention as he began to charge towards her before he stopped to rest.

Rabbid Twilight activated her Magnet Dance, drawing the Smasher and the Valkyrie towards her, defeating both of them by hitting the former with her Melee.

Rabbid Pinkie rapidly blasted the remaining Valkyrie before she activated her Outer Shell.

The Spirit Balls all teleported to different areas of the battlefield, and the one that followed Rabbid Pinkie teleported her next to Rabbid Twilight before it changed positions.

The Ziggy moved to a different full cover that was part of a cover set in his area, then he blasted Twilight before activating his Villain Sight.

The remaining Valkyrie moved to a different full cover in a cover set, then rapidly blasted Rabbid Pinkie, whose damaged was reduced due to her Outer Shell, which was destroyed after the attack.

Rabbid Pinkie dashed the Valkyrie, defeating her, then while getting hit by the Ziggy's Villain Sight, entered the pipe that led to the right island, where she dashed the Ziggy, defeating him and ending the battle.

The heroes cheered as they were healed and rewarded 1700 bits and 250 Power Orbs.

The rest of their friends rejoined them and they left the battlefield.

"BWA-BWAAAH!" Rabbid Pinkie cheered, excited to win her second battle.

"Rabbid Pinkie's doing very well in battle." Beep-0 addressed before turning his attention to the real one. "We'll upgrade your Skill Tree later, Pinkie.

"So... does that mean we're still gonna have that pancake party later?" Pinkie asked.

The heroes simply rolled their eyes as they went up a ramp that led them away from the swamp, and on the way, the spotted 3 Rabbids chasing fireflies around the top of a big rock nearby.

"Ew. What if they catch them?" Beep-0 asked.

"Ooh! Pretty!" Pinkie shouted with joy.

"Yes, fireflies are beautiful, aren't they?" Fluttershy asked, admiring the glow of the bugs.

"Well, yeah. Of course, but I was talking about that."

"Oh gosh. Look up!" Beep-0 shouted in alarm as he looked to where Pinkie was pointing.

The heroes looked up and saw in shock that the Vortex has gotten bigger again, and this time, it was glowing purple with lightning raining down! Not only that, but the Vortex was now making a loud moaning noise, and Rabbid Rarity got out her phone, and once again, started taking selfies in front of it.

"It's not only looking scarier, now it sounds awful too!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Well, I don't think it's inviting us over for hot cocoa and lemon bars!" Beep-0 explained to the team. "In fact, I think it's inviting us to do just the opposite - whatever that is."

"It feels like it's watching us - biding its time while it grows in power." Fluttershy added with concern.

"All the more reason to get to Mr. Tom Phan as soon as possible!" Rarity quickly added.

"Bwa Bwah!" Rabbid Twilight agreed.

"If there's somethin' up this hill that can help us meet him sooner, then let's do it!" Applejack told the group.

"Right! Let's get going before that thing gets even stronger!" Twilight shouted, the heroes cheering in agreement.

The heroes quickly moved up the path, but Pinkie didn't move, still in awe of the Vortex's purple glow. Fortunately, Rabbid Jack ran back over and grabbed Pinkie's tail, dragging her away from the scene.

"So, no pancake party?" Pinkie asked.

Author's Note:

To officially celebrate the release of Sparks of Hope, I released this new chapter today! I've pre-ordered a copy of the Gold Edition from GameStop back in July, so I should probably get it in a couple days, so I'm trying to avoid all spoilers until then.
I've also decided to try out a new thing that should, hopefully, make it easier to divide the story and the battles by bolding and underlining the goal and enemy number of each one. I'm also planning on doing the same for the major locations the heroes are in, so you'll be able to know exactly where they are. If you all like it, I'll go back and make edits in the previous chapters another time, but for know, I want to finish Spooky Trails.
The heroes encounter Valkyries! After seeing the Vortex has grown once again, the heroes realize they must find Tom Phan as soon as ASAP!

PreviousChapters Next