• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 3,742 Views, 342 Comments

My Little Pony + Rabbids: Equestria Battle - SharkBowser58



The Rabbids have entered Equestria! Join the Mane 6 as they team up with 6 Rabbids to stop a new threat!

  • ...
1
 342
 3,742

PreviousChapters Next
Spooky Trails 2: Peek-a-Boo!

After entering the first gate of the world, our heroes found themselves in a castle-like ruin decorated with vases and rugs with a large music note on them.

"Alright, girls" Beep-0 told the group. "If one of the Relics of Goodness is hidden somewhere around here, we'll find it."

"Remember to be careful." Applejack added. "I can't shake the feelin' like we're bein' watched."

They all went up a set of stairs, then entered a long pipe that took them to a higher portion of the ruins.

Twilight started to walk down the path that led into the next area, with Rabbid Rarity following close behind, when she heard the latter scream. She quickly turned around and was shocked to see that Rabbid Rarity was being picked up by a ghost Rabbid!

"A ghost!" Fluttershy shouted in fear as Rabbid Fluttershy ran up to hold her in fear again.

This Rabbid was glowing blue, had blue glowing eyes with black sclera as well as a ghost tail, and wore a tattered red robe with a hood was stitched together down the middle and had a blue flame at the tip of it. This was a Peek-a-Boo!

Rabbid Rarity continued to freak out, trying to get out of the Peek-a-Boo's grip before he let go of her, causing to fall to the ground on her back.

"Rabbid Rarity!" Twilight shouted, not noticing that the Peek-a-Boo appear right behind her and stuck his tongue out at her. "Huh?" She asked, confused by what she just heard as she turned around to see what was behind her, but the Peek-a-Boo disappeared again before she could see him. Twilight saw Rabbid Rarity get up and began to make her way over to her, but the Peek-a-Boo appeared behind her again and pushed her to the ground!

"Bwala!" Rabbid Rarity shouted as she went up to Twilight to check on her, and waved an angry fist at the Peek-a-Boo, who laughed maniacally before teleporting again.

The enemy Rabbid teleported a few more times around the heroes to mock them, then he blew a raspberry at all of them before teleporting to his spot on the battlefield.

Defeat All - 4 Peek-a-Boos, 2 Ziggies

"My sensors tell me that these enemies are masters of long range attacks AND teleportation!" Beep-0 explained to the heroes. "They could outflank us, attack, and then vanish before we could react! Talk about unsporting!"

"Is there anything else we should know about these Rabbids?" Rarity asked.

"Yes, beware their seductive charms! Peek-a-Boos can pull you towards them like a Siren leading a sailor to his doom!"

"That's... reassuring" Fluttershy sarcastically said.

"Don't worry, the sooner we get past them, the sooner we can find the Relic." Twilight explained as she took he position on the battlefield, which contained 4 Peek-a-Boos and 2 Ziggies. She activated her M-Power, empower her and the all the other heroes in range.

Rabbid Rarity entered one of the pipes that led to the high area that took up the left side of the battlefield, and took cover behind a full cover. She sent a Sentry towards a Peek-a-Boo hiding behind a different full cover, and it exploded and triggered a Push Effect that sent him rolling off the high area and to the ground, defeating him and releasing the energy. Rabbid Rarity then activated her Shield.

Applejack entered the same pipe that Rabbid Rarity entered, and she got a Team Jump from her before landing in a spot on the ground. She took out her banjo and activated her Magnet Groove, drawing 2 Peek-a-Boos and the Ziggies towards her, then used her Buck Slam, which defeated 1 of each enemy in range of it.

Twilight entered the same pipe and got a Team Jump from Rabbid Fluttershy before landing beside a full voer set the was close to Applejack. She blasted and defeated the remaining Ziggy.

Both of the remaining Peek-a-Boos blasted Applejack, then teleported to different full cover in the high area that made up the right side of the battlefield.

Twilight entered one of the pipes that lead to the right high area, and dashed the closest Peek-a-Boo. She then defeated the enemy Rabbid by hitting him with her Melee.

Rabbid Rarity entered a pipe that lead back to the ground, then entered a different pipe that lead to the right high area. She dashed the final Peek-a-Boo and moved to a side of a full cover, where she blasted him.

Applejack entered the same pipe Twilight entered, and got a Team Jump from her before landing right in front of the Peek-a-Boo.

Rabbid Rarity used her Heal technique to heal herself and the rest of the heroes, but mainly Applejack, who quickly threw her Boomerang at the Peek-a-Boo, defeating him and ending the battle.

The heroes cheered as the rest of their friends rejoined them.

"Was that Rabbid what you were sensing earlier?" Twilight asked Applejack.

"Must be." Applejack answered. "Not surprisin' that we'd find ghosts in this place."

"It is called Spooky Trails after all." Rarity agreed.

*RATTLE*

"What was that?!" Fluttershy asked in fear, then quickly pointed towards 2 vases that she spotted were shaking nearby in a high area.

"Be on guard, everypony!" Beep-0 told the others as they prepared to face whatever was about to come out.

A Rabbid popped out of the small vase and he looked back and forth for a moment before another Rabbid popped out of the larger vase and scared the former with a "boo!", which sent him shivering back into his vase for a moment before reemerging. Both Rabbids laughed before they climbed back inside their respective vases.

"For a species that loves to hides so much, Rabbids really aren't very good at it." Beep-0 explained to the group.

"At least we know that there are some regular Rabbids around here too." Twilight pointed out.

"She's right, keep an eye out for any more Peek-a-Boos. There's bound to be more around here."

The heroes entered a pipe that led out of the battlefield and into a small area lit with candles and had numerous knight-like suits of armor set up, each composed of helmets with small horns, breastplates, 2 wristbands with a small spike on each, and red capes. One set in particular was larger than the rest, and had 2 small flames inside the helmet resembling eyeballs.

"Good thing these foreboding suits of armor aren't possessed by any evil spirits!" Beep-0 explained to everyone else. "THAT would be stressful."

"Strange." Rarity said as she examined a different set of armor. "This doesn't seem like the type of armor that ponies would wear."

"Bwa Bwa?" Rabbid Rarity asked as she put one of the helmets on and took a selfie. Twilight saw that the helmet fit perfected around Rabbid Rarity's head, and took note of this.

"If I had to guess, I would say they were meant for the Rabbids." Twilight theorized.

"You can tell that by how perfectly it fit over Rabbid Rarity's head?" Rarity asked.

"That, and the fact that it's very obvious that the helmets protect their teeth as well."

Hearing this, Rabbid Rarity took off the helmet and saw Twilight was right, the helmet had 2 bumps in the front of it that resembled a Rabbid's buck teeth. The others laughed as Rabbid Rarity threw away the helmet in annoyance.

The heroes entered a couple more pipes which led to another small hall of armor and a couple more small areas before they entered one that led to a larger area.

This place was lit by candles and there were small book shelves which contained books that were possibly very ancient. Not only that by there were giant, floating books just outside of the area, glowing with magic!

"What is this place?" Applejack asked as she picked up a book from one of the shelves and started to look through it.

"I think we're in some kind of abandoned library." Beep-0 said as Twilight looked around excitedly at

This amazing!" Twilight said as she quickly observed all the books in the area. "I've never seen a library like this! Even the one in my castle doesn't have books compared to these!"

"Um... Twilight?" Fluttershy asked, which instantly got Twilight out of her excitement episode. "Maybe you could come back to this place at a safer time?"

"(Sigh) You're right, Fluttershy. I'll make a note of this and come back at a later time."

"Let's git a move on before -- what in tarnation?" Applejack started before she spotted something strange.

The others looked to see where she looking, and they spotted a few Rabbids walking and moaning like zombies in a ruined tower.

"Perhaps they fear that if they stop dancing, the Thing With Forty Eyes will get them." Beep-0 theorized.

"Thing With Forty Eyes?" Fluttershy asked in fear.

"Just some old bedtime story, nothing to worry about."

The heroes left the Rabbids to their "dancing", and continued up the path into the next battlefield, which contained 2 Ziggies, 2 Peek-a-Boos, and 2 Supporters, which had glowing blue eyes, melted candles on their heads, and wore red tattered robes with brown backpacks that had a large, black bat symbol on them, a heart button in the middle, and a red siren at the top.

As the energy field went up after the 3 heroes entered the area, Beep-0 noticed 2 blue auras glowing on top of the wall that was directly in front of the heroes. His sensors caused him to shake uncontrollably.

'What is it, Beep-0?" Twilight asked, noticing Beep-0's twitching.

"As if Peek-a-Boos weren't bad enough, this abbey is infested by Spirit Balls! I can sense their presence..."

"What are Spirit Balls?" Fluttershy asked, but not sure she wanted to know the answer.

"They're small ghosts that can be mischievous in many ways. They can turn objects invisible, they can possess and bring them to life, the list goes on."

As if on cue, a floating, glowing, transparent, blue orb appeared in front of the heroes, startling them all. This was a Spirit Ball.

"Speak of the devil, here's one now!" Beep-0 told the group as he examined the ghost.

"It looks kind of cute." Fluttershy said as she saw that it wasn't very scary.

However, the Spirit Ball went over to Beep-0 and it disappeared with him!

"BEEP-0!!!" The ponies shouted.

"BWAB-0!!!" The Rabbids shouted.

"Don't worry, everypony!" Beep-0 shouted from the other side of the wall. "I'm ok! Seems like this is what these Spirit Balls do!"

"Get too close, and they'll chase you." Applejack figured out. "Then when it's their turn, they'll teleport you somewhere else!"

"Even though they're invisible, we better keep an eye out." Twilight told the heroes as she took her place on the battlefield.

Defeat All - 2 Ziggies, 2 Supporters, 2 Peek-a-Boos (Obstacle: 2 Spirit Balls)

Twilight started things off by activating her M-Power, powering up herself and the other heroes. She quickly dashed a Ziggy and entered a pipe that was right of her, and ended up on top of the high area that divided the battlefield, however, she got the attention of a Spirit Ball, which turned visible and followed her to full cover.

Rabbid Twilight dashed both Ziggies, damaging them with her Boom Dash and defeating one, then entered the pipe on the right side of the battlefield. She got a Team Jump from Twilight and landed in the middle of the main battlefield, then she used her Magnet Dance to draw in the Supporters and the Peek-a-Boos. She hit them with her Melee, defeating all but one Supporter.

Rabbid Jack dashed the remaining Ziggy, defeating him, and entered a pipe on the left side of the battlefield that lead to the high area. While getting the attention of the other Spirit Ball, she took cover beside a full cover and blasted the remaining Supporter, defeating him and ending the battle.

The heroes cheered as they were rewarded 1700 bits and 200 Power Orbs.

As the other heroes rejoined them, they all saw the Spirit Balls become visible and leave the battlefield.

"I've never seen ghosts like those before." Twilight said now that the action has died down for the moment.

"I remember reading about them somewhere, and recognized them immediately." Beep-0 explained. "But I've never actual seen one until now, so there must be more of them out here."

"At least they're not too dangerous." Fluttershy added.

"Bwa Bwa." Rabbid Fluttershy agreed.

The heroes left the battlefield and came across 2 paths. The one on the left was blocked with a closed gate, while the one on the right was open. The heroes made their way down the open path, and when they reached the end of it, they spotted something resting on a gold pedestal.

"Is that a gramophone?" Rarity asked.

As the heroes went over to the pedestal and got a closer look, they found that Rarity was right: there was a gramophone resting on it.

"Hmm... Octavia would probably like something like this." Twilight told the group. "But what's it doing here though?"

"Could this gramophone be one of the, uhm, Relics of Goodness?" Applejack suggested, still suspicious about that name.

"Bwa Bwa Bwah?!" Rabbid Twilight shouted as she blew a raspberry at the gramophone.

"I agree with Rabbid Twilight." Twilight told everyone else. " I was expecting these Relics to be a scroll of secrets, or an amulet, not a music machine."

"Well, if it's here, then it must be important, right?" Fluttershy suggested.

"I remember we saw a matching gold pedestal before we came in here, so they must be connected somehow." Beep-0 theorized. "Let's grab the gramophone and get out of here. This place sends shivers down my theoretical spine!"

Seeing that there was no better option, Twilight grabbed the gramophone off the pedestal, which triggered a mechanism that opened the closed gate.

As the group turned to leave, they spotted a giant, metal ball with spikes in the shattered remains of another tower.

"Let's hope that stays put." Beep-0 told the team. "We have enough problems as it is."

"That must've been from an attack." Twilight theorized. "That explains why this place is in ruins."

The heroes made their way through the now open gate, where they found a pipe leading back down towards the ground. They entered it and ended up back in the area where they first entered the ruins, and using a Rabbid cannon, they blasted themselves back to the ground, then exited this area of the Spooky Trails with the first Relic of Goodness.

Author's Note:

The heroes make their way through an abandoned library, encounter a new type of enemy Rabbid, and find the first Relic of Goodness waiting for them at the end: a gramophone! 1 down, 1 to go.
I've decided to use the Spirits Balls from the Luigi's Mansion series to play the role of Boos that act as hazards during battles. They're still ghosts, but they're simpler, plus they feel like something that would be in the MLP series.
I will try to balance working on the story with my schoolwork so that I can complete Spooky Trails before the end of the semester. And so I have time to play Sparks of Hope when it finally comes out. :D

PreviousChapters Next