• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 3,742 Views, 342 Comments

My Little Pony + Rabbids: Equestria Battle - SharkBowser58



The Rabbids have entered Equestria! Join the Mane 6 as they team up with 6 Rabbids to stop a new threat!

  • ...
1
 342
 3,742

PreviousChapters Next
Lava Pit 2: When the Going Gets Tough...

Lava Pit - Pencil Plaza

The heroes traveled along a stone bridge that rested against the side of the volcano.

"Be careful everypony." Beep-0 addressed the group while paying attention to the lava that was pouring down the side of the mountain. "While Chrysalis has made this volcano her Rabbid factory, it's still very active!"

"No kidding, all the heat from the lava is drying out my mane!" Rarity said as she frantically tried to keep her hair from becoming frizzy.

"I don't know, I think these glowing cracks are very pretty!" Pinkie told the group as she looked down at the cracks on the ground, which were glowing orange because of the lava.

"It's not the cracks I'm worried about, it's the lava!" Fluttershy shouted as she looked down the bridge and saw it was over large pools of lava that seem to have been collected very recently.

"We better get off this bridge before it collapses on us!" Twilight panicked.

"Bwah Bwah!" Rabbid Rarity shouted as she pointed to something.

The group looked ahead of the bridge and saw a large, metal gate that resembled a Rabbid's face that lead inside the mountain, and quickly made their way towards it.

"The Super Dimension Mecha Mobile Beat King Ninja Rabbidbot - a failed experiment, unfortunately." Beep-0 explained to the group.

"Either way, it looks like Chrysalis recycled it into this gateway." Twilight added. "I'm not sure if that's good or bad."

"Looks like we found our way into the factory." Applejack added.

"If Spawny's in there somewhere, we have to find him." Fluttershy explained to the group in worry.

"Let's get moving." Beep-0 told everyone.

The heroes all took a deep breath, knowing that this was it, and walked through the entrance and into the volcano. Unbeknownst to them, a few moments after they stepped in, the bridge the were just on broke apart and fell into the lava pools.

While the outside of the volcano looked pretty normal, it was an entirely different story on the inside. The walls were covered in metal, there were furnaces and other heavy machinery everywhere, and lava was being distributed in pipes and vats all around the factory.

"WOW!" Pinkie yelled in amazement. "Look at this place! There's fire, there's metal, they've even got one of those pump things!"

The heroes looked over and saw that Pinkie was right: there was a giant bellows that was being pumped into a nearby fire pit.

"If you want thicker, fuller forearms in a hurry, just get yourself one of these things." Beep-0 jokingly explained to the heroes.

Rabbid Jack looked down at her arms and crossed them in disappointment, not even saying a word.

"Chrysalis has been busy." Twilight said as she looked around in horror at the inside of the factory. "

The group continued down the path that lead further down into the volcano, but stopped when they saw something strange: a giant eggbeater that was spinning the lava in a small pit.

"It's used to keep the lava light and fluffy." Beep-0 joked.

"I wonder how that would taste..." Pinkie wondered out loud.

"Please don't, Pinkie." Fluttershy warned her friend, concerned with how that might go.

Not too long after, the group spotted a Rabbid scooting his butt along the top of a large vat of lava nearby.

"Rabbids 'butt bump' over hot surfaces as a test of strength and courage, much like firewalking in the South Pacific." Beep-0 explained.

"Well, that's not too unusual." Twilight pointed out. "Rituals like that are very common in certain cultures. Not sure about the butt scooting, but there's a first time for everything."

The heroes left the Rabbid to his test and entered the first battlefield of the volcano, which featured Lava Smashers who had charred faces, glowing orange eyes, wore brown overalls with a single strap with rags that had the Chrysalis symbol and a small glowing furnace-like buckle on the front, a spiked bracelet on their left arms, metal helmets, and carried portable furnaces. It was also divided into 3 section, which seemed to get lower and lower, making it similar to that of a staircase.

Defeat All - 3 Smashers, 2 Hoppers, 2 Ziggies

Twilight started the battle off by activating her M-Power, empowering herself and the rest of the heroes, then got a Team Jump from Rabbid Dash before stomping on the Smasher closest to them. She hit the Smasher with her Melee, triggering a Bounce Effect that sent the enemy Rabbid flying out of the battlefield, defeating him.

Rabbid Twilight entered the pipe that led down to the middle section of the battlefield, where she Boom Dashed both of the remaining Smashers, then entered one of the 2 pipes that led to the bottom section of the battlefield.

Rabbid Dash entered the pipe, and dashed both of the Smashers before stopping.

Rabbid Twilight activated her Magnet Dance, drawing all the enemy Rabbids close to her except for the Smashers who remained in the middle section. She used her Melee on one of the Hoppers, and the force of the hit defeated both the Hoppers and the Ziggies that were in range of her.

Rabbid Dash used her Boombow to blast the Smashers, triggering a Push Effect that sent them rolling into the bottom area, defeating them both and ending the battle.

The heroes cheered as the rest of their friends rejoined them.

As the heroes walked out of the battlefield, they spotted a giant, metal Smasher statue dressed in blacksmith attire, pounding away at a large piece of metal with a giant hammer.

"Evil aside, it's nice to see some things are still done by hand." Beep-0 admired.

"Agreed, nothin' beats some good old-fashioned honest work!" Applejack agreed.

They all continued down the trail but quickly stopped when they saw a group of Rabbids standing on a large pipe close by, one of which was drinking lava that was dripping from another pipe above them while his friends cheered for him!

"Ooh, they're going to have a nasty case of heartburn later." Beep-0 joked. "Snicker! Get it? HEARTBURN?" He saw that nobody was amused with his joke. "Sigh..."

"Wow, Rabbids are pretty much indestructible aren't they?" Twilight said in fascination.

"If Rabbids can handle it, I'm sure I can-" Pinkie started

"NO PINKIE!!!" Everypony shouted.

"BWA BWAH!!!" The Rabbid 6 shouted.

"Ok, sorry." Pinkie apologized.

They all left the scene and entered the next battlefield.

Reach Area - 4 Ziggies (Obstacle: Pyroclasts)

The heroes who entered the battlefield saw that there was a safe area on the southern end of the battlefield, and like the previous one, it was divided like a staircase into 3 sections, only separated by small gaps this time.

Twilight activated her M-Power, empowering herself and the rest of the heroes.

Fluttershy sent a Sentry towards 2 Ziggies that were close to the heroes, which exploded and triggered an Ink Effect when it got in range of them, defeating them both.

Rabbid Jack entered one of the pipes that led down to the middle section, then stopped beside a full cover. She sent a Sentry towards the remaining Ziggies, and it exploded and triggered a Honey Effect when it got in range of them, defeating them both.

Twilight entered the same pipe and got a Team Jump from Rabbid Jack, landing close to a full cover that was in the second half of the middle section that was separated by a small gap.

Fluttershy entered the pipe and got a Double Team Jump from both Rabbid Jack and Twilight before landing in the bottom section of the battlefield.

Pyroclasts rained down in the second half of the middle section of the battlefield, missing everybody since they weren't close.

5 sets of Rabbid ears burst from the ground, 3 in the middle section and 2 in the bottom section, signaling that new enemies were going to appear.

Fluttershy quickly entered the small pipe that led to the safe area, ending the battle.

The heroes cheered as they were healed and rewarded 2500 bits and 440 Power Orbs

"Uh, girls?" Rarity nervously asked as she and the rest of the group rejoined their friends at the end of the battlefield. "While you were battling, we found something... disturbing."

"Get a load of all that!" Applejack added as she pointed to something that was near the side of the battlefield.

Everyone turned and saw that an area nearby was lined up with large shelves weapons, shields, gas masks, even Changeling armor that were made specifically for the Lava-based enemies that they were currently facing!

"Um... How did we miss that?" Fluttershy nervously asked, feeling guilty that they missed something that was clearly in plain sight.

"So! Chrysalis has figured out how to harness the natural geothermal energy of the volcano to develop the weaponry needed for her new Rabbid army." Beep-0 explained to the group with fear. "While appalling, we should also acknowledge that it's a very environmentally-friendly way to do things."

"Chrysalis really HAS been busy!" Twilight shouted in horror at the sight of the arsenal she's been developing. "We need to shut this place down before she can begin her attack on Equestria!"

"Twilight's right!" Beep-0 agreed. "We can't let any of those weapons leave this factory, if they do, then all is lost."

"Let's find her quickly!"

The heroes nodded in agreement as they all quickly left the battlefield and entered a tunnel that led out of the large area, and it had a faint, light blue glow at the end of it.

Author's Note:

- I've officially graduated college! Now that I don't a whole buttload of essays piling up on my shoulders, I can finally focus on finished the rest of the story!
- It's been close to 2 months since I've posted the last chapter, and announced that little challenge of mine. However, nobody ended up posting any answers to my questions, so either nobody knew how to get in contact without that didn't involve making comments on the story, or nobody was interested, which stinks, but I'll still give the answers anyway like I promised, just know that nobody actually won. The chapters the easter egg was in was "Big Apple", "When Jacks Collide", "Guardians of the Oasis", and "Double-Barreled". The easter egg was a Rabbid wearing a rubber duck floatie, and he was originally from the recent Rabbids game "Party of Legends", and he would randomly appear all throughout the game. I added him in because I liked the idea of the Mane 6 and the Rabbid 6 encountering the same Rabbid at random moments throughout the story.
- Twilight and her friends witness firsthand the power that Chrysalis plans to create inside the volcano, and realize they need to stop her before it's too late.

PreviousChapters Next