• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 3,742 Views, 342 Comments

My Little Pony + Rabbids: Equestria Battle - SharkBowser58



The Rabbids have entered Equestria! Join the Mane 6 as they team up with 6 Rabbids to stop a new threat!

  • ...
1
 342
 3,742

PreviousChapters Next
Spooky Trails 1: Looking for Mr. Tom Phan

Ponyville - Castle of Friendship

In a wave of pixels, the heroes safely return to the Castle of Friendship, which they saw now had small sand rock pillars surrounding it and huge popsicles leaning against the sides of it, as well as small Egyptian-like Rabbid statues and artifacts. Even the Cragadile they encountered was nearby! Fortunately for them, but unfortunately for him, he was still tangled up with the underpants.

"How'd this big guy get here?!" Applejack asked in confusion.

"I'm not sure." Beep-0 started answering. "But when the annals of Cragadile are put to page, this will not be heralded as its finest hour."

"Never mind him." Twilight told the group, while earning a look from Fluttershy. "We have to figure out where Chrysalis is going next. Any ideas, Beep-0?"

"Hmm..." Beep-0 said as he tried to figure out where the Changeling had gone next, but was quickly cut off as he received another message from F.B. "Hold on, looks like I've gotten another message. *AHEM* 'It is my deepest pleasure to congratulate you and your new friends on making it so far together! As a reward, I would like to bestow upon you coding for the Lift technique, which will allow you to pick up certain objects when needed. I'm sure it will come in handy for you all in the Spooky Trails'."

"Spooky... Trails?" Fluttershy asked in fear, clearly not liking the sound of this.

"I'm guessing that's where we have to go next, and according to my sensors, that's EXACTLY where we're going next."

"But wait." Twilight stated as she realized something. "How does this messenger know EXACTLY where Chrysalis was before you even tracked Spawny's location."

"I'm certain we'll get the answer in due time." Rarity assured her friend. "For now, let's just figure out how to get to these 'Spooky Trails'."

"BWA BWA BWAHHH!"

The heroes turned to see the Flat Cap Rabbids running towards the from behind the Castle.

"Oh no, not them again." Rarity said as she facepalmed in disappointment. "I've already told you two, you and your friends can't use my mannequins to test out your wrecking ball."

"Uh... wrecking ball?" Twilight asked, glaring at the 2 Rabbids.

"Looks like that's not the case, it seems they want to show us something.' Beep-0 pointed out, with the Rabbid heroes agreeing with him.

"I don't know." Applejack said, feeling unsure. "I still ain't sure about them after we battled them as sharks."

"Remember AJ, we freed them from the Megabug's control." Beep-0 explained. "They really want to help us to make up for their actions."

"They've been helpful to us so far, we might as well see what the want to show us." Twilight told the group before turning her attention back to the 2 Rabbids. "Lead the way, boys!"

The Flat Cap Rabbids led the heroes down a stone trail, recently built by the Rabbids, that was northeast of the Castle. At the end of it was a small area, and in the middle of it was a new large Rabbid Cannon that was made entirely of a plant-like material.

"Oh! You've built a new cannon." Rarity said to the Flat Cap Rabbids, who nodded in agreement.

"Think it'll send us to the Spooky Trails?" Applejack asked.

"It's creepy enough, I would say." Fluttershy stated. "So... maybe?"

"Looks like the Rabbids have been working on this area since we left for the Sherbet Desert, because NONE of this was here before." Beep-0 pointed out.

"You can say that again, look at that guy." Twilight agreed as she pointed at something.

Everyone turned and saw in a nearby small, ruined structure, a Rabbid was sleeping peacefully before he started to run in his sleep before stopping.

"Poor thing..." Beep-0 said as he watched the Rabbid try to wake up, but fell back asleep instantly. "I don't sleep myself, but if I did, I'd probably dream about intelligent machines taking over the world."

Disturbed by what the robot had just said, the others backed away from him slowly.

"Ok, it's seems to be getting dark out, so Princess Luna may pay him a little visit later on if she and Celestia find everypony soon." Twilight suggested, trying to turn Beep-0 away from his apparent fantasies.

"There are some more over there." Fluttershy said as the others saw her pointing to 3 Rabbids nearby, worshiping a wooden totem in the shape of a Rabbid's head.

"They're praising the spirit of Papa Rabbo." Beep-0 explained. "The guardian of time-travelling washing machines."

"Once this is all over, I'd really like to have a look at that Washing Machine of yours." Twilight explained to Beep-0 and the Rabbid heroes. "I've never seen anything like that before."

"Well, let's hop on in and--" Applejack started, but was quickly cut off.

"What is that?!" Fluttershy shouted as she pointed to something inside another ruined structure.

Everyone turned and saw some Rabbids groaning and walking strangely in the shadows.

"AGH!! THEY'RE COMING FOR US! THEY WANTS OUR BRAINS THEY--" Beep-0 shouted before he got a closer look at the Rabbids as they stepped into the light. "Oh, nevermind. They're just sleepwalking." He turned and realized that he was holding onto Twilight like Scooby-Doo does to Shaggy when he's scared.

"Yes... false alarm." Twilight as she raised an eyebrow at Beep-0, who got back down onto the ground in embarrassment. "Maybe you guys are working your friends a little too hard." Twilight told the Flat Cap Rabbids.

One of the Flat Cap Rabbids blew a raspberry at Twilight in disagreement while the other one blew his whistle. This caused the other Rabbids to wake up and charge out of the scene towards their next project, with the Flat Cap Rabbids following behind them.

"Those 2 really need to call lunch breaks every now and then, otherwise there's gonna be a strike soon." Applejack explained to the others. They soon heard a very loud, bossy "BWAH!!!" in the distance.

"They may have to learn the hard way." Twilight suggested.

"BwaBwa!" Rabbid Jack shouted, as eveyone else turned and saw her and the other Rabbid heroes in the cannon.

"Looks like they're pretty eager to go, so let's not waste any more time." Beep-0 told the Ponies. "Let's go to the Spooky Trails!"

The heroes nodded and entered the cannon to launch themselves to the next world, but unbeknownst to them, huge green vines grew from the ground around the area where they were just at.

*CRASH*

Suddenly out of nowhere, a huge wrecking ball with 3 Rabbids holding onto the chain, with another one riding the front of the ball, slams into the vines, uprooting them instantly!

"Bwa-BWAH!" The Flat Cap Rabbids shouted in joy, satisfied that their new wrecking ball works and gave a thumbs-up to the Rabbids riding it, who all gave one back before they fell off it one by one due to exhaustion.

Spooky Trails

Night fell as the heroes landed safely in the Spooky Trails, and they gasped to find that they were now in a rundown place that may be even creepier than the Everfree Forest.

"Spooky Trails... a place deserving of its name, I see." Beep-0 addressed as he observed their surroundings, which included giant green vines, jack-o-lanterns, and... Vampire Fruit Bats?!

The heroes looked and saw Vampire Fruit Bats tied down all over the place with glowing, blue chains, struggling to break free.

"Oh no!" Fluttershy said as she flew up to one of the poles where a Bat was tied down. "Why would anypony do this?"

"Only a very powerful enchantment could keep a Vampire Fruit Bat tethered to a specific location like that." Twilight explained as Beep-0 took a closer look at the chains.

"And that 'powerful enchantment' is Megabug Energy!" Beep-0 shouted as he finished scanning the chains. "Chrysalis must've been swarmed by the bats upon arriving here, and she used Spawny's powers to bind them so they wouldn't get in her way."

"We have to break them out!" Fluttershy stated as she tried pulling at the glowing chain, attempting to break it to no avail.

"That won't work, Fluttershy." Beep-0 told the pegasus. "Those chains won't go away until the energy that created them is weakened."

"He's right, dear." Rarity agreed. "The only way to free them is by stopping Chrysalis and saving Spawny."

"I'm also sensing a lot of SupaMerge energy around here. The more of it we release from enemy Rabbids, the weaker the chains will get."

Fluttershy sighed in defeat, knowing that they were right, but she leaned closer to the Vampire Fruit Bat. "Don't worry, we'll free you all as soon as we can, but you must be patient for now."

The Vampire Fruit Bat nodded in agreement, having faith that he and his brethren will be released soon.

Fluttershy then rejoined the group, with dread in her eyes.

"They'll be fine, Sugarcube." Applejack assured her friend.

"I hope you're right."

The heroes then heard a wolf howling at the moon in the distance.

"We'd best be careful." Beep-0 told everyone.

"Anything could be out here, so let's just focus on what we came here to do." Twilight added, as she began to look around for their targets.

"Sigh... No sign of Queen Chrysalis or Spawny." Beep-0 said in disappointment. "They could be anywhere." He then gave a short beep as received yet another message. "Aha! Perhaps our mysterious benefactor has the answers we seek! 'Congrats on finding the Spooky Trails. Isn't it great? Check out the gate in front of you'."

The team turned and saw a huge, glowing, silver gate with the moon engraved on it, with 2 Treble Clef symbols at the sides. There were also 2 blue torches and 2 red tapestries each with a symbol that represented 2 Rabbids making the drama faces.

"Wow. Our guardian angel is GOOD."

"How'd we miss that?" Twilight asked in confusion before Beep-0 continued reading the message.

"Behind the Moon Gate is the cure for the plague that's ravaged Equestria for too long! A champion that has long been asleep will awaken and set things right!"

"A champion?!" Rarity asked, very curious about this. "Do tell."

"But to get to him, you'll need to find the two uh... er... Lost Relics of Goodness! Find the relics and the champion - Mr. Tom Phan - shall awake and sing with joy at having you before him!' Ooh! That sounds nice!"

"Lost Relics of Goodness?" Applejack asked in suspicion. "Sounds a bit fishy to me."

"The name DOES sound like it was made up on the spot, but we've got to at least take a look." Twilight told Applejack. "We aren't really in a position to turn down any kind of help."

"Of course! Haven't you heard the message?" Rarity asked. "He is a champion! If anypony could help us defeat Chrysalis, it may be this Tom Phan."

"Agreed, we don't have many clues, but at least we have a plan!" Beep-0 added. "Let's find these relics, shall we?"

Knowing that Beep-0 had a point and that they had no leads to go on, the heroes nodded in agreement, as they began to cross the bridge that laid before the Moon Gate.

Beep-0 took a quick look at the Moon Gate and followed behind his allies shortly after, not realizing that he never paid attention to who actually sent the message.

When they reached the other side, they entered a small area that had 2 pedestals, one silver and one gold with a music note symbol engraved on them.

"Two pedestals, both empty - and two lost Relics of Goodness to recover." Beep-0 explained to the group. "They must be related somehow."

"Bwada Bwa?" Rabbid Twilight asked Beep-0.

"I'm not sure what the Relics of Goodness look like. They weren't properly explained in the message."

"I'm sure we'll know when we see them." Twilight assured . "Relics like this have to be magic, right?"

"Twilight's right, Rabbid Twilight. If the Relics are here, we'll find them."

"Let's just keep goin', something about this just doesn't shake right with me." Applejack said as she started climbing up the nearby stairs.

The other followed her up the stairs and they entered the first battlefield of the Spooky Trails, which was a wide open area that had a well in the middle of it.

As the energy field went up, the heroes that had entered saw that the battlefield was crawling with Spooky Ziggies, who wore red, tattered clothing, broken chain bands around their arms, and had glowing blue eyes with black sclera, as well as large tattoos on the back of their heads that resembled makeup used for Day of the Dead celebrations.

Defeat 10 Enemies - 6 Ziggies

Rabbid Rarity started by activating her Shield, then moved to a partial cover that close to the opposite side of the well.

Rabbid Twilight got a Team Jump from Rabbid Rarity and landed in a spot to that very close to the latter's cover. She used her Magnet Dance to draw 4 Ziggies towards her, and she defeated 3 of them with her Melee.

Twilight got a Team Jump from Rabbid Rarity, stomped the closest Ziggy, and landed beside a full cover in a cover set that was right of Rabbid Rarity. She finished off the Ziggy by blasting him, and activated her Hero Sight.

Rabbid Rarity sent a Sentry towards a Ziggy in the left side of the battlefield before it stopped halfway.

One Ziggy simply moved to a Freeze cover that was close to him, and he blasted the Sentry before activating his Villain Sight, while the other started to move, but got hit by Twilight's Hero Sight, which triggered a Bounce Effect that sent him flying out of the battlefield, defeating him and releasing the SupaMerge energy.

4 sets of Rabbid ears burst from the ground, signaling that new enemies were about to appear.

The Sentry continued its path while getting hit by the Ziggy's Villain Sight, and it exploded and triggered a Push Effect that sent the enemy Rabbid rolling, defeating him.

Rabbid Rarity moved to a full cover that was part of a cover set that was left of her, and Rabbid Twilight joined her by moving behind a partial cover.

Twilight simply moved to the opposite side of her full cover.

4 new Ziggies burst from the ground. 2 of them moved to the same cover set on their side of the battlefield, and they each blasted Rabbid Twilight, one triggering an Ink Effect that prevented her from attacking, before activating their Villain Sights, while the other 2 got down from their high areas and took cover on opposite sides of a small slope that surrounded the well and acted as partial covers, where they each failed to blast Twilight and Rabbid Rarity.

Twilight dashed a Ziggy, and defeated him with her Melee.

Rabbid Rarity sent a Sentry towards a Ziggy closest to her, and while getting hit by both Villain Sights, it exploded when it got to the enemy Rabbid, defeating him. She activated her Heal technique to heal both herself and Rabbid Twilight before getting a Team Jump from the latter, curing her Ink status, before landing beside a different side of her full cover.

Rabbid Twilight dashed a Ziggy, damaged both of them with her Boom Dash, then blasted them both with her Boomshot, defeating them both and ending the battle.

The heroes cheered as they were healed and rewarded 1700 bits and 200 Power Orbs.

As soon as the other heroes caught up to them, a large gate with purple torches and purple tapestries with a music note symbol on them that was left of the battlefield opened up.

"Hey, that large gate over there just opened." Beep-0 pointed out. "Coincidence? I think not."

Before Beep-0 could continue, two smaller gates that were beside the larger one opened up as well.

"Interesting to note that those smaller side gates are also open. Whoever built this place sure loved gates! Perhaps we should move on and check them out."

"It would seem that this is where the Trails want us to go." Fluttershy said fearfully with Rabbid Fluttershy holding on to her, shivering. That was when she turned to look at the well in the middle of the battlefield, which was glowing green deep down. "Anything to get away from this creepy well."

"I'd throw in a bit, but something tells me no good can come from wishing on this well." Beep-0 explained, sensing something was off about it. "Let's get started."

The heroes started to go down the trail leading towards the large gate, but stop to see what was behind the smaller gates first. Each one seemed to hold a set of houses that have been abandoned, and most likely haunted, for many years. It was empty save for 2 Rabbids.

One Rabbid was sleeping on top of a chimney on one of the houses, snoring very loudly.

"Stop snoring!" Beep-0 shouted, not even fazing the Rabbid. "You'll wake up the ghosts!"

"Uh Beep-0, not the time..." Applejack said as she gestured towards the Fluttershys, who weren't very fond of what he just said as they held each other tighter.

"Sorry girls." Beep-0 apologized.

The other Rabbid in the area was stuck in the chimney, with he legs flailing around, trying to get out.

"Oh, my - I hope no one has a fire going." Beep-0 told the group.

"Might not have to worry about that." Applejack told Beep-0, reminding him that these houses have been empty for who knows how long.

"Not really much in these side gates, is there?" Rarity asked, unimpressed that there wasn't anything interesting in these small areas.

"We sampled the appetizers, let's move onto the main course, shall we?" Beep-0 asked the group.

"Yeah, let's go to the large gate." Twilight agreed.

'Bwa-Bwaaah!!!" The Rabbids heroes cheered as the charged towards the main gate with the other heroes following, save for the Fluttershys.

"Bwa Bwa Bwa?" Rabbid Fluttershy asked the real one.

"Whatever we face in there, we will face together. Okay?" Fluttershy assured her.

Rabbid Fluttershy nodded as she and Fluttershy ran to catch up with the others.

Author's Note:

World 3 - the Spooky Trails! Our heroes must now brave a haunted new world as they now search for fabled relics that can awaken a warrior who may be the answer to stopping this madness once and for all.

PreviousChapters Next