• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 3,744 Views, 342 Comments

My Little Pony + Rabbids: Equestria Battle - SharkBowser58



The Rabbids have entered Equestria! Join the Mane 6 as they team up with 6 Rabbids to stop a new threat!

  • ...
1
 342
 3,744

PreviousChapters Next
Sherbet Desert 9: It Came From the Freezer

The heroes arrive at the bottom of the mountain in a large, wide-open area, and at the opposite end of where they arrived, lied the giant fridge that Spawny became trapped in as it fell.

"There she is: the mother of all fridges." Applejack said as the group started to approach the overgrown appliance.

"It really wasn't THAT big when it was at home you know." Beep-0 told Applejack.

"This an important conversation right now?" Twilight asked.

"No, no, you're right." Beep-0 said as she shook his head to collect himself. "The fridge is here, that means Spawny is bound to be too."

The team started to make their way towards the fridge, but it seemed to be a little too easy for them.

"Odd. I figured we woulda bump into Chrysalis again." Applejack told the group in suspicion.

"Yeah." Twilight agreed. "If the fridge is here, Chrysalis would have to be trying to get it open, right?"

"I don't like this." Beep-0 said, knowing they were making very good points.

"Bwada Bwah." The Rabbids agreed, not liking how quiet things were.

"Do you think she got to him first?" Fluttershy asked with worry.

"Maybe not, Spawny could still be inside that thing." Twilight answered.

"Perhaps, but I think the only way to find out is to open the freezer." Beep-0 told the team.

"Maybe Chrysalis gave up when she failed to open the door?"

"What if she abandoned Spawny to freeze?!" Fluttershy shouted with even more worry, trying desperately to hold back her tears.

"An even better reason to get him out!" Beep-0 assured her, then looked back at the fridge. "Now, we just have to open this puppy up."

"Bwa Bwah?" Rabbid Jack asked, wondering how they were going to do that.

"Well, we could--"

*BANG*

Taken aback from the strange sound, the heroes looked around frantically, trying to find the source.

"Uhh... What was that?" Beep-0 asked.

*BANG*

The heroes turned to face the fridge as they saw it move as soon as a third bang was heard.

"I don't like where this is going." Twilight said, having a feeling like there was something big coming their way, and it was inside the freezer.

"Strongly seconded!" Beep-0 said as he and the others began to run away from the fridge, as one final bang caused the freezer door swung open.

Something enormous leaped out of the freezer, carrying the door with it, as it landed in the middle of the battlefield. He was muscular and made entirely out of ice and snow, and he had huge ice crystals protruding from his shoulders: an ice mace-like left hand with popsicles as spikes; a large jaw with a beard made of large icicles; and a small Rabbid head with ice cube eyes and an ice tongue. This was the Icicle Golem!

"What the hay is that?!" Applejack shouted.

"I'm guessing Spawny made that when the fridge fell." Beep-0 theorized as the Icicle Golem turned to face the heroes.

"We can take him." Twilight confidently told the others as she looked straight at the snow monster.

The Icicle Golem growled at Twilight, then took a deep breath charged something up in his mouth. Just before the group could react, he released a freezing cold wind directly at them!

"OH NO--!" Twilight shouted as she and everyone else was instantly frozen in blocks of ice as a result of this attack!

The Icicle Golem laughed, not knowing that a familiar villain peeked her hideous head from behind the fridge, having witnessed the whole thing.

"That thing will keep them busy!" Chrysalis stated as she took the opportunity to fly into the freezer, where she found an exhausted Spawny shivering. "Time for us to leave this frozen wasteland, Spawny."

"ACHOO!" Spawny shouted as he sneezed right in Chrysalis' face.

"Oh... you are going to regret that." Chrysalis said with an annoyed look on her face as she placed Spawny onto her back as she quickly took her leave.

Twilight, who was still able to see what was going on, looked in horror at the Icicle Golem as he raised his mace hand, ready to finish them off, but his attention turned to something else. Twilight followed his gaze and spotted someone very familiar.

Floating down from the air with a pink parasol was a white unicorn with purple hair and 3 gems as her Cutie Mark. It was Rarity! She smirked as she took out her primary weapon, the Boomshot, from behind her back, and blasted Twilight and Rabbid Rarity free from the ice.

However, the Icicle Golem knew exactly what Rarity was doing, so he quickly ran up and scooped up the rest of their friends, and threw them into the freezer before she had a chance to free them. He turned around and glared at the remaining heroes.

"Are you alright, Twilight?" Rarity asked as she went up to check on her friend.

"Rarity!" Thank Celestia you made it!" Twilight shouted as she hugged her friend, who immediately hugged her back.

However, Rabbid Rarity quickly ran between the 2 ponies, and tried to shoo the real Rarity away. Then she opened up her arms, hoping Twilight would hug her too.

"Oh boy..." Twilight said as she facepalmed.

The Icicle Golem roared, turning the team's attention back to him.

"Well talk about this later, for now, let's take this thing down!" Rarity told the others as they all got out their weapons, ready to fight the boss.

The heroes took their positions on the battlefield as the Icicle Golem took his place in the middle, using the freezer door as a shield.

Defeat Boss - Icicle Golem

"The way I see it, he's like a giant Buckler." Twilight explained to the Rarities. "That means we'll have to outflank him if we want to defeat him."

The Rarities nodded in agreement as they readied their weapons.

Twilight started by activating her M-Power, empowering her and the rest of the heroes in range.

Rarity got a Team Jump from Twilight, whenever she does, she has a special Healing Jump that would heal both her and any other heroes in range of her when she landed. She landed beside a partial cover as the Healing Jump healed only her. She tossed a Grenaduck towards the Icicle Golem, which managed to get past his shield and damage him.

Twilight got a Team Jump from Rarity and landed right beside the Icicle Golem, where she then used her Melee on him, damaging him significantly.

Rabbid Rarity moved to a partial cover that was on the opposite end of Rarity's. She quickly sent a Sentry towards the Icicle Golem, which exploded when it got in range of him, managing to get past his shield and damage him.

The Icicle Golem fired an ice ball at Rabbid Rarity, which triggered a Freeze Effect preventing her from using any techniques. He then moved to a spot that was in between both Rarities.

Rabbid Rarity simply blast the Icicle Golem since she was in an area where he couldn't use his shield.

Twilight moved behind the Icicle Golem and blasted him, causing him to lose the freezer door.

Shocked at losing his shield, the Icicle Golem roared and healed himself, starting the second phase of the battle.

"BwaBwa Bwah!" Rabbid Rarity shouted as she pointed out that the boss has lost shield.

"That's right! Now we can attack this big brute!" Rarity agreed.

Twilight activated her Hero Sight.

Rarity got a Team Jump from Twilight and landed in a spot close to Rabbid Rarity, healing them both with her jump. She blasted the Icicle Golem then activated her Crystal Gaze technique, which was her own version of the Hero Sight.

Rabbid Rarity moved to a small slope which acted as a partial cover that was behind the boss.

2 sets of Rabbid ears burst from the ground, signaling that new enemies were about to appear.

The Icicle Golem moved towards Twilight, getting hit by her Hero Sight and Rarity's Crystal Gaze in the process, and slammed her with his mace hand. He roared as he activated his Whiteout technique, which was his own version of the Villain Sight.

2 Smasher burst from the ground.

Rarity blasted the Icicle Golem, then, which getting hit by the boss's Whiteout, she got a Team Jump from Twilight, healing both of them when she landed.

Rabbid Rarity sent a Sentry towards the Icicle Golem, which exploded when it got in range of him.

Twilight moved directly in front of the Icicle Golem, where she hit him with her Melee.

As the Icicle Golem recovered from this attack, he was shocked to see that his legs were melting! With an enraged look on his face, he used his arms to crawl to the opposite end of the battlefield to an area right in front of the fridge, where he healed himself. The final phase of the fight has begun.

"His legs melted! He's almost done!" Twilight shouted.

Rabbid Rarity got a Team Jump from Twilight before landed in a spot that was close to both her and Rarity, where she used her Heal technique to heal them all.

2 sets of Rabbid ears burst from the ground, signaling that new enemies were about to appear.

The Icicle Golem blasted Rabbid Rarity.

The Smasher began to make their way toward the heroes before they stopped to rest.

2 Supporters burst from the ground.

Rabbid Rarity moved down the middle of the battlefield towards the Icicle Golem, and blasted him. She then activated her Shield.

Twilight got a Team Jump from Rarity, and landed in a spot that was close to Rabbid Rarity, where she blasted the Icicle Golem.

Rarity got a Team Jump from Twilight before she landed beside a partial cover in a cover set that located was left of the Icicle Golem, healing herself. She quickly blasted the Icicle Golem.

The Icicle Golem blasted Rabbid Rarity, triggering a Freeze Effect, but the damage was reduced because of her Shield. He roared as he activated his Whiteout.

The Smasher continued their paths toward the heroes, with one entering a pipe that lead him right to Rarity, where he used his NME Empowerment, empowering both him and a Supporter, and slammed Rarity with his block.

The Supporters both moved to the upper left area of the battlefield, where they each took cover behind different cover sets and tossed a Grenaduck towards Rabbid Rarity, where one triggered a Burn Effect that sent her running, and caused her to get hit by the Icicle Golem's Whiteout before she came to a stop close to the boss.

Twilight moved directly in front of the Icicle Golem again, where she hit him with her Melee, damaging him significantly. She activated her M-Power, which empowered both her and Rabbid Rarity.

Rarity moved behind the Icicle Golem, and she tossed a Grenaduck at him, which exploded and damaged both him and Twilight, unfortunately.

Rabbid Rarity sent a Sentry towards the Icicle Golem, which exploded and damaged both him and Twilight, again.

However, this blow caused the Icicle Golem's head to fall off his body, which collapsed backwards with a loud thud. He roared in anger at this turn of events, and could only hop helplessly.

"He's down for the count! Take him out Rabbid Rarity!" Twilight shouted to the Rabbid, who nodded in agreement.

Rabbid Rarity dashed the Icicle Golem's head, knocking off his jaw and ending the battle.

The heroes cheered as they were healed and rewarded 2000 bits and 200 Power Orbs.

Rabbid Rarity ran back towards what was left of the Icicle Golem, who tried to hop away from her before she picked him up. "Bababwa Bababwa Bada Bada." Rabbid Rarity said as she mimicked the "Alas, poor Yorick" scene from Shakespeare's "Hamlet" using the Icicle Golem's head as the skull before she smiled at the heroes and set him down, presenting him to them before she walked away.

"Care to do the honors?" Twilight asked their new teammate.

"Oh?" Rarity asked taken aback at what was being asked of her before she looked down at the snow monster's head, who turned to look right at her. She smirked as she ran up and kicked the Icicle Golem's head as if it was a football, sending him flying face first into the back of the fridge, causing it to tip over and send the rest of the frozen heroes sliding over to the them, their ice shattering as they all shivered and tried to process what had just happened.

"Th-th-th thank, g-g-girls!" Applejack said with her teeth chattering. She shook her head to snap herself out of the cold, allowing her to get a good look at the heroes who fought the boss. "Wait... Rarity?!"

"Rarity!" Fluttershy shouted as she and the other ponies embraced her in a group hug.

"Bleh." Rabbid Rarity said to herself in jealousy as she crossed her arms and looked away from the scene.

"It is good to finally join you girls." Rarity told her friends, then looked down at Beep-0 and the Rabbid heroes. "Along with your new friends as well."

"We are honored to have you join us, Rarity." Beep-0 told the unicorn. "Have the Rabbids back in Ponyville finally settled down a bit?"

"Sort of. They're just doing whatever they please."

"Yeah, Rabbids'll do that."

"Speaking of Rabbids." Twilight said as she looked in the freezer. "There's no sign of Spawny."

"WHAT?!" Beep-0 and the Ponies shouted.

"BWAH?!" the Rabbids shouted.

They all looked inside the freezer, but there was no sign of the SupaMerge Rabbid anywhere.

"But how?!" Fluttershy asked, worried that Spawny was in danger again.

"If he was still inside the fridge when we got here, Chrysalis must have been hiding until we came along to open the fridge ourselves." Beep-0 theorized.

"Then she would swoop in and take him from us." Applejack continued. "But then that snow monster burst out of there."

"Of course! Twilight shouted. "She grabbed Spawny while the Icicle Golem was distracting us!"

"Bwa Bwah Bwah!" Rabbid Twilight added.

"Agreed, I suggest that we return to the Castle of Friendship so that we may prepare for our next match." Beep-0 told the group.

"I couldn't possibly agree more." Rarity said as she looked at some clothes that she brought with her. "I have been lead to believe this place was a desert, and look at this!" She held up clothes clearly meant for a desert environment. "This is not the type of weather these are meant for!"

"Consider yerself lucky that you weren't here during the sandstorms." Applejack joked.

"There were sandstorms here?"

"Alright, let's get back to Ponyville so we can figure out where to go next." Beep-0 told everyone.

The heroes nodded in agreement as Beep-0 used the Sploing to teleport them all out of the Sherbet Desert.

Author's Note:

The Icicle Golem! Our heroes face this horrifying new fusion as they reach the end of the Sherbet Desert, where it managed to freeze them all solid! However, fortune favored them as Rarity, finally ready to join the fight, arrived to help take down the monster! While the heroes may have lost their chance with Spawny this time around, they have a new teammate to help find him in the future.

PreviousChapters Next