• Published 13th Jan 2019
  • 3,200 Views, 103 Comments

Thomas & Equestria Girls 2: Adventures From Sodor - LPFanFic



The Equestria Girls travel to the Island of Sodor to stop an old enemy and their devastating scheme. All while Thomas and his friends try to find purpose in an ever changing world.

  • ...
 103
 3,200

Chapter 33: Power To Pony Up

Author's Note:

So before anyone asks, this took longer because I simply had trouble with it. Only because I didn't have this chapter properly planned out like I did the others, and even then most were also made up as I went along. I just had the sequences planned. But yeah, couldn't wrap my head around this one; how to wrap up mostly everyone's conflicts before the big showdown, what to include and what not. ext. Anyways, Chapter 33 is what you all came for. Sorry for the wait. That's just something you'll have to expect from now on.

Thomas & Equestria Girls 2:
Adventures From Sodor!

Chapter 33: Power to Pony Up

No one on the Island of Sodor could've known that amidst all the diesels recovering from a full week of accidents and getting back to their routine jobs, that the small group of steam engines initially responsible for those accidents were now regulating a new routine of their own. The Girls and their steamie allies were out in a bout scavenging for fuel after the loads they originally had were lost when their old hideout at the Steamworks was ransacked. The engines set out into several groups to restock on more coal and water, as well as take care of any other necessities before their final confrontation, which they suspected might transpire this day or the next. Extra caution and careful planning went into each trip. They couldn't afford being spotted, especially with the Railway on high alert.

While several engines had already left, some stayed at the Sodor China Clay Pits to keep an eye on all the diesels still enclosed inside tunnels, as well as BoCo, who remained off the tracks. Henry had stayed over night with everyone after his big rescue the other day. He was still sound a sleep in-between two platforms next to the watermill building until eventually waking up. His fire burned nicely, and steam hissed gently from his engine. It had been a long while since Henry felt this rejuvenated.

Henry was about to steam out from the two platforms when he noticed something in his way. Fluttershy had parked herself in front of his line, also sound a sleep and tuckered out from all the excitement yesterday. He looked around and didn't see anybody else in eyesight. There were faint sounds of engine chuffing, hissing steam, and Pinkie Pie's hyperactive, chipper voice echoing through out the mine, followed by BoCo's annoyed groans and pleas for silence. Henry then beamed a grateful smile upon staring back at Fluttershy. She must've stayed by his side to keep an eye on him. He edged forward a bit to give her a gentle nudge with his buffers.

"Wake up, sleepyhead!" He said, cheekily.

This managed to slowly wake her. But her eyes soon shot open and darted her surroundings.

"Henry?! Are you alright?"

"Never better thanks to you."

Fluttershy breathed a sigh of relief and smiled along with him. Soon another engine pulled up beside the platform on their left.

"I see you're finally awake," Sunset Shimmer smiled.

"Oh dear," Fluttershy said. "How long was I asleep for?"

"Longer than you were trying to stay up all night," she joked.

"Is it time to go back to Canterlot High now?" Henry asked.

"Afraid so. Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy tooted her whistle and rolled off the siding to allow Sunset passage. While Sunset was puffing into and reversing back into Henry, Fluttershy met and parked on the other side of the left platform and waited for an unknowing workman to couple up the two engines.

"Please look after him, Sunset," Fluttershy urged.

"Not to worry, Fluttershy," Henry teased to light the mood, "I'll make sure Sunset gets home safe."

"Hey, who's got the magic geode here?!"

The three friends shared a light chuckle. Henry and Fluttershy said their goodbyes, but before Sunset took off, she was reminded of something that she'd nearly forgotten to discuss with Twilight yesterday. Sunset hoped to have a word with Twilight before her departure but didn't have a chance to. And she didn't know how long she or Twilight would be gone for. Just in case anything unexpected happened, Sunset made a different decision.

"Hey, uh, Fluttershy? Would you mind passing off something important to Twilight for me? It's something I think she might really need to hear right about now."

"Oh, of course! What do you want me to say?"

After Sunset explained what it was, Fluttershy was reminded of what her and her friends also meant to pass off yesterday before their sudden thrust into Henry's rescue. So, Fluttershy promised Sunset that'll take care of it. A relieved Sunset tooted her whistle and pulled Henry out from the siding. Fluttershy followed them for a bit, watching them leave until both friends had exit the Clay Pits. She sighed with worry. Fluttershy knew Sunset would take good care of him, but with how much more aggressive diesels have become lately, who knows if they'll make it to the magic buffers without any trouble. So, she asked some of her bird friends, casually resting on her footplates, to keep an eye on them until they're gone and report back immediately.


It wasn't long before the other engines returned shortly to the China Clay Pits. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity arrived first, with several refilled water tankers, about three trucks filled with coal and five empty trucks. Twilight Sparkle and Spike arrived with three trucks filled with coal and one truck half full. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie greeted their friends and helped them organize their new stock in preparation for later. Duck and Oliver had gone back to Ulfstead Castle to make sure Adagio wasn't browsing the estate, while Donald, Douglas, Bill & Ben hadn't made it back yet. This made the Girls worry. No one was protecting them and they've been gone for a while. They then turned to Twilight Sparkle, who was off in her own thoughts when she and Spike parked underneath the three-row shed.

The Girls were all reminded of their agreement to talk with Twilight after Fluttershy approached her friends and brought up what Sunset said. They all agreed now seemed like the appropriate time. So, the Girls gathered around the three-row shed. Rarity parked in front of Twilight while Fluttershy parked beside her underneath the shed as well, followed by Pinkie Pie backed in next to her. After Applejack and Rainbow Dash situated themselves in front of Fluttershy and Pinkie, the Girls tried getting a distracted Twilight's attention.

"Um, everything alright, darling?" Rarity inquired.

"Spike and I just had the weirdest encounter with Diesel on our run," She spoke aloud.

"Oh, my!" Fluttershy gasped. "He didn't hurt you two at all, did he?"

"Actually, he didn't. He didn't even try to rat us out. I think… something about him has changed. In a good way... I hope."

"Yeah, well, that two timin' diesel better watch himself," Applejack said. "Whatever tricks he's noggin' ain't gonna fool none of us."

But before the Girls could continue into their discussion, the saddle tank and Scottish Twins finally showed up, to everyone's relief. They pulled in from the main entrance with trucks full of coal and tankers of water and went to put them away before joining them by the sheds. The Girls were all surprised. Where did they find this much fuel? What was more curious was that Bill & Ben were snickering to themselves the whole time, trying not to burst over what they and the Scottish Twins brought back with them.

"What's So Funny?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Unfortunately, us four haven't had much luck findin' coal and water for yous all," Douglas explained.

"But you have plenty coal," Twilight pointed out. "I don't see what's so funny about that?"

"Tell 'em whose coal this belonged to, Donald!" Ben encouraged, still stifling his giggles.

"Yes, tell 'em," Bill added, also giggling.

"Well," Donald began, "we figured, obviously that muckle Siren must be gettin' her coal and water somehow too, right? How else would she be still operatin'?"

"Uh-Huh?" The Girls murmured in unison.

"And so, we took it all!" The saddle twins announced.

This abrupted Bill and Ben into a laughing fit. The Girls would've found this all equally amusing if it weren't for the pressing danger plaguing Sodor. They could've easily gotten themselves into much bigger trouble from taking her fuel.

"How and where in tarnation did y'all snag her coal and water?" Applejack asked.

"They were off on a siding not too far from the Dieselworks," Douglas said. "Luckily a whole lot of diesel were busy chasin' after one of their own for whatever reason."

"And that no-good Siren had already left by the time we got there too," Donald added. "The only diesels there were still bein' repaired, and couldn't move a wheel!"

It was the Scottish twins turn to break into laughter.

"Uh, that's funny and all," Rainbow Dash said, "but now she knows we've stolen from her."

"What's she going to do," Bill teased, "come after us?"

"With what coal and water?" Ben added.

This made Bill & Ben laugh even more. Even Pinkie Pie found their little trick funny. None the less, Twilight exhaled with relieve.

"In any case," She spoke, "I'm glad you four are safe at least. Just please be carful next time you decide to take a risk as dangerous as stealing from a power crazed creature."

After exchanging silent head nods, the Girls all turned their attention and the subject back to Twilight.

"Uh, Twilight, um, Sunset wanted us to tell you something."

"An' if that same somethin' is what we're all thinkin'" Applejack chimed, "then so do the rest of us."

After staring back at everyone with unwavering confusion, Twilight quickly figured out what they must've wanted to talk about. Luckily, she thought, Twilight had a response prepared.

"It's okay," Twilight sighed, dejectedly. "I know what you're all going to say."

"You do?" The Girls repeated.

Twilight rifled through her conversation with Diesel earlier.

"I haven't been doing the best job helping everyone. I got so caught up in our mission, that I almost forgot to solve my own problems. I know now I should've been leading by example, and not just giving orders."

Everyone exchanged their own perplexed and confused looks. The girls especially weren't prepared by her statement. This really is what Twilight must've been feeling all along, after her trip to the Mainland, during their training, the quarry escape and their separation from each other. Though they had a good feeling something was still bugging her, the Girls all figured she had it figured out.

"Like I told the twins, I'll continue becoming a better, dependable leader that everyone can count on; one that inspires everyone to stand with me instead of bowing to my every word."

"But Twilight," Applejack empathized, "you've already been doin' just that."

"It's just that we've all grown a bit concerned about you, dear," Rarity added.

"Especially Sunset," Fluttershy said. "She feels just awful for putting any sort of pressure on you."

"She does?" Twilight said, looking saddened. "Really?"

"Sunset's been noticing how stressed you were becoming. I guess she didn't realize how much responsibility you'd actually try to handle for us."

"Or that I might've put upon myself," she realized. "But I only did it because Sunset said everyone needed my help. Because she couldn't do this without my full support."

"Twilight, sweetie," Rarity said, "Even if we do count you and Sunset for most of our magic endeavors, it's never at your own expenses."

"Has this really been what's troublin' you lately, Sugarcube?" Applejack asked, concerningly.

"For a while at least. But… I'm not so sure."

There were conflicting thoughts scattered throughout. Twilight laid out what's been on her mind since the start of their journey as well as the following events leading up to this discussion. Now the Girls all felt really bad for their friends. All this time she felt expected to make every decision on their behave.

"We're so sorry for putting all that pressure on you, Twilight," Fluttershy said, remorsefully.

"No. Don't blame yourselves," She said, looking at her friend's glum faces. "None of this is your fault."

"But We're Your Bestest Best Friends Ever," Pinkie Pie added. "We Should've Known Better! Or Said Something Sooner!"

"Especially when we first joined the Crystal Race," Rainbow Dash said. "We all thought you were just having your usual meltdown when we approached you to lead us. Guess we never considered how you might've really felt about it."

Everyone was reminded of the Crystal Race again. Even then, they expected Twilight to take charge, but with no intensions to put so much weight on her. Their arguments didn't seem to alleviate Twilight much as she still felt dejected. It was Bill and Ben's turn to speak up, much to the Girl's surprise. They still thought about all the rude things they said, and how difficult they must've been in light of hearing Twilight's confessions.

"Twilight, if you're still upset over what we said about you girls before, just forget all that rubbish."

"We never even know half the stuff we talk about most times," Ben chimed

"Ben and I were just being silly and ungrateful."

"And we meant every apology."

"I know you did," Twilight said, sweetly. "All I want is to keep everyone safe and make the right decisions. When I first started excepting friendship into my life, I always thought it was meant to be a collaborative effort. Don't know why I never thought to let my friends contribute their efforts."

"That's The Best Part!" Pinkie Admitted. "I Absolutely Love, Love, LOVE Collaborating With Friends. I've Been Having A Blast Ever Since We Came Here, And It's All Because We're Doing What We've Been Best At. Just Like You Taught Us. Which Makes This Trip One-Hundred, Eleventy Zillion Times More Fun!"

"You did say we work better as a team anyways," Rainbow Dash added. "We only thought you'd know more about this train stuff 'cause you pretty much know everything else already."

"With your help," Fluttershy chimed, "Rainbow Dash and Applejack can control their powers, you can drive on your own, and I can control my brakes."

"Darn Tootin'!" Applejack said, hearteningly. "And who helped us outta that ambush back at the Quarry, capture this here clay pits, rescued more than a coupla engines, and believed in her friends and their special talents while teachin' us all this locomotive mumbo?"

"Uh, me and Sunset?" Twilight said, confused at first.

"Exactly. You, Sunset Shimmer, our new friends an' close friends. Together."

Twilight Sparkle was surprised by what Applejack said. The more she thought about it, the more it made sense. She stared back at all her friends and their genuine, beaming smiles. Twilight was then surprised by Spike's inclusion.

"Sunset only wanted you to contribute at your very best, Twilight," Spike said, "just like you always have! And because that, all of our friends were able to do the same."

"You've always believed in us, Twilight," Fluttershy said, sweetly. "And we'll never stop believing in you either."

The Girls all collectively agreed. Maybe she really did inspire them to be their best after all, and she didn't need any kind of leadership status to achieve this. She didn't need this headspace then nor was it really needed for every waking problem now. All Sunset wanted was to have her best friends leading each other side by side, contributing to the group by being their best. Her friends were always along for the ride, ready to take on any adventure they come across. All Twilight Sparkle had to do was point them in the right direction. Knowing this, Twilight couldn't help but feel streams of tears roll down her grinning cheeks. She could barely get her words out she was so overwhelmed with happiness.

"I'm so happy to have you all in my life."

If it were possible for any of them to gather together for a group hug, each and everyone of Twilight's friends would be huddled around doing just that. At most, everyone around exchanged proud, grins and smiles galore. Everyone felt much better, especially Twilight Sparkle.

"And If it's alright with everyone, I hope we can continue collaborating and make decision like we always have from now on."

The Girls immediately agreed to this notion. From now on, each of them could share their ideas and take charge in whatever field they excelled at, as long as they don't' over stress themselves or to make sure each one knew first hand when they've peaked their limit. Twilight felt especially grateful from their response.

"So, what did you say about us exactly?" Rainbow Dash inquired with an arched brow.

The saddle tank twins froze.

"Oh," Bill said, "Uuuh, n-nothing too rude."

"Nothing about how silly singing a song to save Sodor was or anything of that matter," Ben defended.

"Yes, yes! Not at all."

The two saddle tank twins kept to their innocent grins amidst the eye rolling engines.

"Eh, what was yer plan then?" Donald asked.

"Dinnae ye lassis says something about singing Equestrian magic to counteract the Siren's?" Douglas chimed.

"Well, we were," Twilight said, uncertainly.

"And we still can," Spike chimed. "Right guys?"

Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity and Fluttershy all agreed. Some knew what he meant; the others weren't quite as caught up yet.

"Thing is, Twilight," Applejack began, "We been so caught up being something else that we forgot what we shoulda been from the start."

"What we're trying to say, dear," Rarity added, "is that we'd like to return to our original thesis as a solution."

"I don't know," Twilight said, still uncertain. "What if it doesn't work on her here?"

"Sodor must have some Equestrian magic," Fluttershy said. "We all saw it with Applejack's song."

"Uh, it's the Magic of Friendship!" Rainbow Dash said, matter of fact. "Of course, it'll work here. With all of us together, she won't stand a chance, with or without our magic! Right guys?"

But her encouragement soon drifted into doubt, leaving the rest in a similar state and to think about how they gone about their journey without utilizing how they've always approached their magic problems.

It seemed based upon their arrival that adapting to the Island of Sodor was the key to their success. And it was for the most part, as Sunset Shimmer had made it her mission to adapt to this world the way she initially did when she first arrived at Canterlot High from a land of ponies. They hoped that by using this world's magic, it would be the key to defeating Adagio Dazzle and prevent her from counteracting their spell. Equestrian Magic could be seen coming from a mile away, but the magic on Sodor was too different, hence why Adagio had steam engines removed. But amidst all their training, the Girls had nearly forgotten the one magic that had defined them all and their own unique talents; magic that has gotten them through the most difficult adversaries, uncertainty, and challenges since Princess Twilight's first visit to Canterlot High. Magic that seemed to nearly, always work no matter where or what they were.

Which was why, after a moment of silence and reflective doubt, Rarity decided to give their original plan a try once again.

Rarity: "Hey, hey, we may seem different as night and day, but Equestria Girls see things a different way."

[Everyone watched Rarity trying to engage her friends in a collaborative song to sing along. But her singing was the only sound heard amongst the unexpected silence.]

They waited for Twilight to hop onboard with their idea too. When she didn't, instead raising a confused brow, Rarity began trailing off after the awkwardness began to kick in.]

"Just look a little deeper and you will see, that I'm just like you and you're just like…"

She finally ended her song right then and there. Rarity felt especially foolish out of everyone. Any other occasion Bill & Ben would've gotten a good laugh from this. But they were too worried for their friends to make a peep. Nobody knew why they weren't feeling it. Perhaps it was the fear of this failing that finally crept up on them, or the lack of enthusiasm to burst into a spring of magic after an exhausting week. Or maybe they were too good at being engines that the magic they carry in their world must've gone back where it came. This made everyone worry. Have they really forgotten the true magic that made them who they are? Was there really no magic on Sodor for them to harness; no harmony that can embrace or unite their friends together the same way Equestrian magic can? It can't be, not after what they've seen from the other engines. Maybe it was completely different. Maybe they haven't tapped its actual potential?


There was only one way to know for sure. After much thought, Twilight Sparkle, who felt instead of just leaving her friends to linger on these worries alone, perhaps another voice, and another song each of them equally enjoyed, might inspire her friends to unleash this world's true magic.

She took a deep breath and began.

"We are Equestria Girls forever…. Our bond has always been strong and alive."

[Her singing was slow and soft. Only the quiet, quarry breeze complimented her voice at first. The Girls, Donald, Douglas, Bill and Ben all looked to Twilight Sparkle with surprise and shock.]

"'Cause we believe in the Magic of Friendship. And you know, at the end of the day, it is we who survive."

[Rarity, with the biggest grin on her face, quickly joined in. Along with Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Fluttershy, all building upon each other and singing louder and louder after each friend sings along. And in doing so, creating a harmonious performance that only the Equestria Girls could expertly and energetically pull off like no other.]

Twilight & Rarity: "At the end of the day, it is we who survive!"

Rainbow Dash: "At the end of the day, it is we who survive!"

The Girls: "At the end of the day, it is we who survive!"

A small tidbit of music reverbed off the clay mountains, sending a shivering jolt of excitement amongst all the Girls, and a shiver of shock through both saddle tank and Sottish twins.

"Eh… Ye hear that too, right, Donnie?" Douglas asked.

Donald was too stunned to answer. Even BoCo, still derailed from a far, was staggered by the weird noise. They had no idea where it came from. But the Girls knew, as their grins only widen of the thought.

[The music slowly kicked off into full gear, and the Girls began their usual choreography despite their limited movement. Gradually, their singing became livelier, the music poppy and rhythmic, complimenting each of the Girl's singing from the bridge to the chorus all the way through.]

Spike: "Twilight Sparkle: a genius who shines."

Twilight: "Fluttershy's so sweet and kind."

Fluttershy: "Applejack has that country flair."

Applejack: "Rarity knows just what to wear."

Rarity: "Everyone wants Rainbow Dash by their side."

Rainbow Dash: "No one's more fun than Pinkie Pie."

Pinkie Pie: "Generous, honesty, laughter, kindness, loyalty!"

The Girls: "Free to be what we will be! Living life in harmony!"

"We're Equestria Girls and we're here to shout."

"That the magic of friendship is what it's all about."

"We're Equestria Girls and we're here to say,"

"We're gonna see things a different way!"

[Donald, Douglas, Bill & Ben stood aside and watched their new friends do their thing while bobbing and listening to their happy, engaging song.]

"We're Equestria Girls and we're here to shout,"

"That our magic and friendship can makes us who we are!"

"We're Equestria Girls and we're here to say,"

"We're gonna see things a different way!"

Unbeknownst to anyone, two diesel engines had pulled up by the China Clay Pit's entrance. They peered down at the center where the Girls were, confused by the unexplained inclusion of music only originating around their vicinity. The two diesels were Mavis and Paxton, who where sent to inspect the Clay Pits and their sudden halt in production.

"There they are!" Paxton whispered. "Let's get 'em!"

He then charged towards the large group.

"No, you gearhead!" Mavis said, chasing after him. "Wait! They can't know we've seen them!"

But the Girls currently weren't aware of the two diesels intrusions, especially when Pinkie Pie added a little chant to their number, one everyone began to chant along to as well.

"Unleash the magic. Unleash the magic. Unleash the magic. Unleash the magic."

They started off slow, repeating Pinkie's line through faint whispers that grew gradually louder after each breath. Paxton and Mavis were still charging with malicious intent. It wasn't until the Girl's singing became louder and chipper that Paxton began to feel strange.

"What's… What's happening to me?" He asked.

Suddenly he came to a stop just behind Applejack and Rainbow Dash, along with Mavis who slammed into him upon breaking. She too began to feel strange. BoCo, who was trying vigorously to tune out the noise, also began having weird feelings, ones he hadn't felt since his return. While a cloudy, glooming ambiance covered the Clay Pit, sudden shimmers of pink light slowly began to cloak the quarry in all it's energized flare in response to the Girls and their song. A similar manifestation captivated Paxton and Mavis from charging after the Girls, which cleared their current thoughts and reminded them of who and what they really are.

BoCo tried to remain gruff and tough, and all the things a diesel should be. But he couldn't. Something about this upbeat ambiance couldn't keep him in a bitter mood. He just couldn't help but crack a genuine, innocent smile.

"Unleash the magic! Unleash the magic! Unleash the magic! Unleash the magic!"

And just like that, with a bright aurora of rainbow-colored rays sweeping over their vicinity, Paxton and Mavis no longer held any force of resentment, hatred, or animosity toward themselves or any of their friends. Instead, they too beamed happy go lucky smiles, and went to park along side the Girls and their bobbing chassis

[The engines were all alarmed by Paxton and Mavis' presence. But seeing them bobbing to their song with wide, happy grins on their faces elevated their stress and fears for the time being. They were having too much fun to stop now, especially when they didn't seem to be in real danger.]

"We're Equestria Girls and we're here to shout, that our magic and friendship is what we really need."

"We're Equestria Girls and we're gonna stay,"

"We're gonna stay!"

"What makes us shine brighter every day!"

[And so they kept at it, even switching up their chorus to something each of the Girls definitely needed to get out of their systems; something each of them knew from the very beginning.]

"Na, na, na, na-na na!"

"Na, na, na, na-na na!"

[They encouraged all their new friends to join in. Donald, Douglas, Bill, Ben, Paxton and Mavis were more than delighted to. So, everyone tagged along, with some of boys omitting parts of their song and adding their own style.]

"Na, na, na, na-na na!"

"Na, na, na, na-na na!"

"We'll be Equestria Girls forever!"

"And now our time has finally arrived!"

"'Cause we believe in the Magic of Friendship!"

"And you know, at the end of the day, it is we who survive!"

[The Girls all blew pink, glittering smoke from their funnels all at once, creating sparkling fumes of shimmering clouds above their funnels. It was a sight to behold.]

Twilight Sparkle: "Survive!"

[Most smoke that spews from an engine's funnel isn't much to look at. But the exhaust surrounding everyone invoked a magical sense of awe from all colored sparkles that twinkled.]

"We'll be Equestria Girls standing side by side! Findin' the Magic of Friendship deep inside!"

"Equestria Girls!"


The pink, glittery smoke had cleared, revealing the Girls and other engines standing still with beaming faces. But now that the excitement had settled, there was Paxton and Mavis that had to be dealt with now, especially Mavis, who had recently tried to ambush them back at her Quarry. But the Girls were instead surprised to see Paxton and Diesel laughing with joy.

"That was brilliant!" Paxton cheered. "Jolly good show, everyone!"

"Agreed!" Mavis added. "I didn't know you girls could all sing this well together!"

The Girls were still on the fence. Did it really work, or is this another act?

"So… you're not gonna attack us?" Fluttershy asked.

"Or take us off Sodor?" Rarity also asked.

"Or Stuff Our Faces With Triple Chocolate Frosting Covered Chocolate Cake?!" Pinkie Exclaimed.

"Well, we did," Mavis admitted. "Err, not the cake part but…"

Pinkie Pie groaned in disappointment.

"But now I don't feel any anger towards you girls anymore," She continued. "In fact, I feel perfectly fine again; just like how I was before!"

"Me too!" Paxton said. "You must've done something during your little song to break the spell!"

"So then… it worked?!" Twilight said, excitedly. "It really worked!"

Everyone in the Clay Pits began to cheer and whistle. But while everyone prematurely celebrated, a thought struck both Bill & Ben in light of Mavis and Paxton's enchantment vanishing.

"Ben," Bill began, "if they're back to normal-"

"Then that means….!"

Bill & Ben thenblew their whistles and raced back where BoCo was derailed. Rarity and Twilight agreed to keep an eye on them in case something went wrong and followed after the twins. The Twins slowly approached BoCo, chuffing closer and closer until his face was in view. BoCo gasped when Bill & Ben came into his sight.

"Bill? Ben?!"

The Twins were a bit frightened at first, afraid BoCo would reprimand them a new one.

"BoCo?" Bill said, hesitantly.

"How are you feeling?" Ben said.

Twilight and Rarity stood close by, keeping a steady watch. Bill & Ben were very hopeful that their friend would be back to normal. But the Twins couldn't believe what they were looking at. BoCo, their bossy, no nonsense friend, was nearly on the verge of tears.

"I'm so sorry!"

"No, no, no," Bill repeated.

"It wasn't you who said all that," Ben said. "It was the diseasel talking."

"But it was me. Or was it not?" BoCo lets out a heavy sigh. "I'm too afraid to know which one."

"Bill and I don't care," Ben said. "You're still our friend, BoCo."

"And we still missed you!" Bill added. "Now you're back to normal. Please!"

"I appreciate it, you two… but, I doubt nothing I say or do will make up for what I done."

Despite his spell being lifted, BoCo didn't feel so normal. He couldn't even look back at the twins he felt too ashamed. All he could think about was what he had done and said while under Adagio's spell. It all came flooding back and nearly shattered him. Bill & Ben felt sorry for BoCo and tried to cheer him up with no success. He was too guilt ridden.

Before Bill & Ben could say anymore, BoCo saw himself covered in a purple, twinkling magical aura, along with a diamond façade platform forming underneath his wheels. Twilight and Rarity gently lift him off the soiled ground and onto the tracks again. BoCo was surprised the two Girls trusted him this much to let him back on the rails. Bill & Ben encouraged him to follow as they regrouped back with everyone by the three-rowed shed. Most of the Girls bared visible suspicious upon BoCo entrance. They too weren't so sure, regardless of any spell, if he truly meant half of what he said about them and Steam in general.

"Look everyone!" Ben announced.

"BoCo's back to normal!" Bill finished.

"BoCo?" Mavis said, concerningly. "Are you alright?"

He didn't answer. It wasn't until after looking upon him did Mavis, both Twins, and the Girls start to see heavy remorse on his frowning face. Now the Girls didn't know how to feel. This prompted Paxton to pull onto his line and greet BoCo with a friendly horn.

"'Ello!" Paxton introduced. "BoCo is it? Feel bad for what you did I guess, eh? So, do me an' Mavis. But luckily, that just means we want to make a difference and something about it!"

Applejack smiled proudly all the while from hearing this.

"Is there anything you'd like to make up for? Anyone you might've wronged while you were stuffed to the puff with negative energy?"

"Too many to count." Then something sprung to BoCo's mind. "But In that case…"


After leading his fellow diesels astray, Derek the teething troubled diesel, was left to sit in a cold, lonely siding surrounded by enclosed trees hazing whatever sunlight could barely seep through the thickets. He was put there by two diesels when he tried to bring Henry back to the Girls, only to end up breaking down just inches from the group. Now Derek felt he had failed Henry and his new friends, as he sat miserable and unable to move a single wheel with his broken cooling system.

Suddenly, Mr. and Ms. Birdie flew over and swirled atop his head with tweeting whistles. Derek knew this behaviour could only mean one thing. A toot and a chuff were the next noises to surprise him, as Fluttershy came puffing up to him with a beaming smile and stopping gently and promptly right in front of him without any trouble. Derek was surprised, not just by her brakes, but the fact that she came back for him after failing to rescue Henry. But upon staring back at her grateful, appreciative smile, it became clear that her and her friends managed to save Henry. All this made Derek happier than he's ever felt in a long while. His worries and regrets were none to be had anymore.

Tooting her whistle, Fluttershy buffered into Derek and pulled him out of the siding. Then she was uncoupled to allow BoCo to back in and couple up to him from the front. Derek was shocked at first, but was reassured upon looking back at Fluttershy and her reassuring wink. Though still a little unsure, Derek still went along with it as BoCo blew a happy horn and took off to get him repaired once again with a flock of Sodor's finest birds flowing from above and keeping a watchful eye. Mr. & Mrs. Birdie perched back onto Fluttershy's flootplate and tweeted proudly. Fluttershy giggled then took off to find her friends.


Meanwhile, Adagio Dazzle arrived at the Blue Mountain Quarry with a weary glare, puffing past all the little diesels hard at work moving and mining for slate. Some stopped and quivered at the site of the big engine puffing towards a set of tracks which traveled deeper into the quarry's private excavation line, and toward where the source of the Silver Dust she desperately needed now more than ever.

She traveled through the spacious, makeshift canyons on duel, parallel tracks. Some crewmen still at work adding a second line of duel tracks beside hers leading the opposite direction along the way. Adagio stopped before some t-track switches with two lines leading straight into a recently dug cave on her left. She then gazed back up at the curved, blue mountain's cliffside where Boulder, its supposed destructive guardian according to Midlander, stood in all it's mosey, motionless state.

Boulder was still just as lifeless as Adagio already knew it to be. Not even the eerie breeze glossing over its moss, or the few slips of gravel crumbling off that held this rock in its perch intimidated her one bit. Despite every visible warning sign, Adagio only scuffed at the reminder of Midlander's story, still thinking it ridiculous even from a Siren's view. She thought nothing else about this lifeless boulder, blew her whistle and headed over the t-tracks towards the tunnel beneath Boulder and his rumbling, groaning cliffside.

Adagio chuffed slowly through the ridged, dark tunnel, unable to see nothing but the crewmen's lanterns at the very end. She finally emerged into a big cave with plenty of space for engines to fit. But Adagio found something off about this cave. There was no way Midlander and her crewmen dug out and perfectly architected everything in just a few days. It had looked like it was already dug out and carved years ago. Speaking of which, she found Midlander the little diesel and some crewmen still setting up points that connected to her line.

"Its about time you finally found something worth my interest."

Midlander and the crewmen jumped. The little diesel mossed on out of Adagio's way by slinking onto the newly assembled switches and backed up beside her.

"Don't do that!" Midlander complained, rudely. "And yes, we did find something, no thanks to you. Nothing here but an old, abandoned cave. Are you satisfied now?"

Before Adagio could talk back, her attention was caught by what stood at the very end of this cave. The tracks she was on lead towards a set of old, warn out Railway Buffers. Crewmen had set up lanterns all around spaces where it looked to have been occupied by lanterns before, there for illuminating the cave in such a way that allowed everyone a clear view of its entirety, especially the Buffers. Adagio's heart skipped a bit. 'This can't be' she thought to herself. These buffers certainly looked identical to the ones she found long ago. They were old, rusted, covered in plant life and moss.

Instead of acknowledging Midlander's work, Adagio built up steam, and began chuffing towards the buffers. Her breathing became heavier the closer she got, until she stopped inches from the buffer beam. Then, slowly and gently, made contact with her own buffers. And just as she expected, her buffers completely phased through, twinkling and sparkling in a silvery cloud. Taking a deep, stammering breath, Adagio pushed herself deeper into a sparkling, silvery vortex until she had completely vanished from the cave, leaving everyone's stunned shock behind to question beyond belief what just happened.


Adagio Dazzle emerged tumbling from the other side completely covered in Silver Dust, panting and stammering to make bare of her surroundings. Getting back up and floating midair, she then dusted all the Silver Dust she couldn't shake off with her hoof. Finally, Adagio froze. She realized something off, something she wasn't used to or felt in ages. She hesitantly looked down at her two hooves, then her fin. Her eyes couldn't widen any more than they were.

She was a Siren again. A fully fledge, fully grown Siren, just as she was before being banished to the human world. Adagio had no words. She felt around her scales. It all felt real. It was real.

Moving her hooves aside from her muzzle revealed another enclosed cave. It was pitch black, and cramped with boulders. But looking around, Adagio saw there were still some light flowers which gave off pollens that radiated the dark cave. 'This can't be' She kept repeating to herself. She quickly hovered over the rocks which narrowly blocked the path in front of her. Luckily Adagio was nimble enough to snake through with only some slight difficulties squeezing past. She wasn't as little as she used to be. Whatever she couldn't squeeze through, she pushed aside with her siren strength. When she finally emerged from the cave, Adagio couldn't believe her eyes. Looking around, everything looked almost the same, saved for some missing tree roots, which used to fill the pathways now either blocked or piled with fallen rubble. But only one thing mattered to Adagio and her speechless, near teary eyed state.

"I'm… I'm home!"

Finding her way around, Adagio Dazzled emerged outside and soared far enough to stop and turn back to get a better look at her and her fellow siren's once thriving home. Sirenum Scopuli; now a hollow shell with missing cliffsides, and a withered land with only some small tress growing back after ages of being burnt down.

Flashbacks began to flood Adagio's mind. Looking back at her home, she couldn't help but think on how young and innocent those days seemed. Then the last days spent here began spiralling back to her. The day the three pony tribes invaded Sirenum, imprisoned various sirens, and took her mother away from her. Clutching her head with her hooves, Adagio could still her the cries; ones she made when the unicorns nearly loaded her onto their ships, and the rest all belonging to her mother, helplessly crying out to her daughter as she too was bonded. She couldn't take it. Those ponies have taken everything from her, and all she wanted was to make new friends through her singing. She would've fed off their emotions, true, but after what they did to her and her mother, it was now strictly to feed. Always has, and always will be. Not only that, but the buffers that started all this, lead straight to the very island she had grown to despise equally.

Adagio reopened her eyes, and scowled with growling, flaming teeth back at her desecrated home. All her mother's teachings about anger, hatred, the core of every living creature was still as prominent at the day she sat beneath the very stones below watching this Island go up in flames thanks to the ponies and their hate fuelled arrogance and rage.


Back on Sodor, Midlander and the crewmen were surprised to see Adagio remerge from the buffers covered in Silver Dust. She slowly puffed back onto the tracks with a determined scowl and eerie wheels turning in sync.

"What did you see?" Midlander inquired. "What happened to you?"

"Something that pitiful kingdom and this island will pay for bringing upon me all those years ago."

Some crewmen glanced at one another with shrugged shoulders. Midlander was a bit hesitant to show her what else they found.

"Um… so… w-we found another thing… in this cave I mean."

"What?!"

Her dominating voice made Midlander shiver a bit. Suddenly, she wasn't so bold towards Gisborne's engine as she thought, especially when her association with him has now come into question in light of this discovery, along with Adagio's stern, sudden change in tone. All Midlander could do was signal some crewmen to bring over the other, peculiar object.

Carried over by two crewmen was a very old, silver railway lamp. It was box shaped at the base with a cylindrical top, a handle and a single lens at the front. Adagio wasn't impressed with a regular lantern until she inspected it a lot closer.

What separated this particular steam engine lamp was that while most lanterns this old would be chipped and unusable, this one was clean as a whistle, and sparkling with little, tiny specks of glimmering silver gleaming off the cavern lights. Now Adagio mesmerized by this strange lantern. There was something magical about this particular train lamp. A strong sense her red gem began to pick up.

"The trail you told us to follow led straight to this old lamp. The crewmen looked it over and said it was in good shape. But none of us can get it working."

"Place it," Adagio commanded.

"But-"

"Now!" She boomed.

The crewmen rushed over and immediately got to work putting the lantern on Adagio's front footplate. When they were done, Adagio now sported two train lanterns. One being her pure red gem, and the other an old artifact still in prestige condition. But Adagio knew this Lamp must have something more if it left behind the Silver Dust. Perhaps this was where the source really came from, and the buffers are to rejuvenate the lamp once it empties.

"Hm. Well, looks nice," Midlander commented. "But don't see what you can do with it. Old thing's practically useless if not working properly."

Just then, the Silver Lamp began to flicker. But instead of a regular light, inside was a silvery, sparkling light with little specks of Silver Dust, rattling, clattering and caged withing.

"You were saying?" Adagio responded.

Suddenly, to everyone's surprise, the Lamp shot out a tunnel of silver light, illumining the dim cave brighter than any normal lamp. Everyone jumped back in shock. Adagio tried to see through the blinding light, and saw in front of her line a spiralling, silver portal, much like the Magic Railroad's but silver with hues of light blues. She chuffed closer, seeing that the portal remained in place for its bearer to travel through. But what was on the other side? Where did it lead to? Adagio saw for herself up close and clear as day with widened eyes.

Within this silvery vortex opened a portal to none other than Equestria, specifically the kingdom of Canterlot, where pegasi and other ponies flew and trotted in, out, around and below the city's grounds. Midlander and her crewmen didn't know what they were looking at. They were already stunned by the magical, silver portal and buffers. But beyond this mysterious portal? Flying horses, a shiny castle, numerous ivory towers with golden spires, many waterfalls and rivers?

A devilish grin slowly began to creep up on Adagio Dazzle. And the more Adagio's revenge against Equestria and Sodor began to expand, the more she let out a small, sinister chuckle. This unsettled Midlander and the crewmen a little, especially when her laugher gradually spiralled into a maniacal cackle the longer she gazed deeply at Princess Celestia's soon to be crumbling kingdom.


To Be Continued.

Comments ( 34 )

The chamber 34 Equestrian princess celestia princess Luna castle

Ok, if you gave up on this, you should at least announce it. Or maybe even finish the book before doing so. It’s been over a year!

How's chapter 34 coming along?

I really like your story here, and I am excited for the next chapter!

I’m really excited for next chapter! Eeeeee!!!!!! :pinkiehappy:

I’ll probably wait...

Hey LPfanfic, My name is ChuckECheesekid9000, and I'm Waiting for the next chapter, When do you think the next chapter might come out?

*runs around in circles like a maniac with excitement awaiting next chapter*

We'll find out where did this Gerard Gisborne guy really came from, won't we?

i hope to see more because things were starting to get interesting after i started reading this

I want to see more of this fab fanfic!

Hey LPFanfic, this is Chuckecheesekid9000, if you're done writing the next chapter, please let me know, and i wanna know, that, are you sick or not sick?

Comment posted by ChuckECheesekid9000 deleted Jul 10th, 2022

I think Adagio Dazzle and Gerard Gisborne are the ones who needs to get off the Island of Sodor, not the steam engines.

How's the next chapter coming along?

If humans exist in Thomas' world then why does a human who travels there from another world get turned into a train?

Let me know if chapter 34 is ready.

The only steam engine that leaves Sodor will be Adiagio

When is chapter 34 coming out? Or is the fic canceled?

10830924
I'm not the only one wondering that.

I hope your making the 34th chapter of Thomas & Equestria Girls 2.

Let me the know when the next chapter comes, okay?

Let me know, when you're done with chapter 34, okay?

How did Adagio Dazzle's broken siren gem got back together from pieces?

Will you write the next chapter, please.

Also, Gerard Gisborne needs to stop calling all the vehicles by their designs, instead of their names, how brain dead is Gisborne?

when are you gonna write the 34th chapter?

I hope this guys ok

why are you and Gerard Gisborne doing this, Adagio?

May I (or any of the readers) remind you that it’s been almost three years since you did this chapter. When will this story continue? We wish to see an epic finale when this story is completed!

Yes, I'm with you my friend.

How did you became offline, LPfanfic?

Login or register to comment