• Published 13th Jan 2019
  • 3,195 Views, 103 Comments

Thomas & Equestria Girls 2: Adventures From Sodor - LPFanFic



The Equestria Girls travel to the Island of Sodor to stop an old enemy and their devastating scheme. All while Thomas and his friends try to find purpose in an ever changing world.

  • ...
 103
 3,195

Chapter 3: Revolutionary

Thomas & Equestria Girls 2 :
Adventures From Sodor!

Chapter 3: Revolutionary

[2 days later: The Island of Sodor]

Vicarstown's bascule bridge is an important landmark of the Island of Sodor. It's a double tracked, rolling lift bridge of some 120ft span; situated east of Vicarstown Station and carries the Railway's Mainline, connects Sodor to the Mainland at Barrow-in-Furness, and crosses the Walney Water Channel. At the drop of this rolling lift bridge, a train of various diesel engines came thundering pass the bridge's channel. The loud and rambunctious diesels honked their horns and hollered expressions of exuberance while crossing over to the Island of Sodor.

"YEAH! WOO!"

There were diesels of all types. Electric Type 4, BR Class 31, 52, Peak 46 and Hymeks 35. Smaller shunting diesels were also part of the brigade. Many were Class 05 & 06, and others spotted were class 08 and above. Many of these diesels looked rough and tough. They rode down the tracks, laughing and bumping into each other for fun. All except for one, who rode carefully so as to not get bumped by the feistier diesels.

BoCo, a Metropolitan-Vicar's Electric Type 2, followed the herd of diesels down round bends, past forests of trees, and fields of green grass and flowers. A flock of birds flew along side him and tweeted a welcoming melody. BoCo smiled and watched them glide away back into the sunny sky.

BoCo exhaled. "It's good to be back."

He used to work on Sir Topham Hatt's Railway and was thrilled to hear he would be returning to help out once again. BoCo had made lots of friends on Sodor; particularly with Edward and Duck. He even knew how to sort out the troublesome twins, Bill & Ben, well on his own. Though they can be troublesome, BoCo still considered the saddle tanks good friends, and was looking forward to working with them again.

"I'll tell you what," BoCo began while admiring the scenery. "Sodor has certainly changed a lot since we last worked here. Wonder if Bill & Ben are any different now too, eh Derek?"

Looking to his left, BoCo saw that nobody was next to him. He darted to his right and left, confused by his friend's absence.

"Derek?"

BoCo then reversed back a little, now riding beside the struggling diesel engine lurching away with faint, panting breaths. Derek had also worked on Sodor once before. He came after Sir Topham Hatt requested that another diesel assist BoCo, Bill and Ben at the quarry. Unfortunately, as a Class 17, he is known to have teething troubles. So, he often breaks down and overheats when pushing his limit. Despite this, Derek tries to do his best with high spirits regardless of what some would say about his ability to work. BoCo didn't mind any of this though and took a liking to Derek.

"Oh, my grease and oil," He said with red cheeks. "I'm not sure how much further I can make it."

"We're practically here," BoCo assured. "Just need to find where we'll be staying."

Derek blew air out his mouth. "I hope its somewhere close to the Quarry. I'd hate having to constantly travel too far. And you're sure they have a dieselworks now?"

"Last I checked."

"Good," He exhaled. "I can't wait to see what fresh parts and tooling they'll use to repair my cooling system!"

BoCo tried cheering him up some more, "Looking forward to meeting our friends as well?"

"Oh, yes!" Derek beamed. "It's been too long. Ooh, I'm so excited I might burst a radiator."

"Now, now," BoCo chuckled. "Let's settle down before one of us actually over heats again."

"Sorry," Derek blushed, but with his face red already it was hard to tell. "I'm just so eager to prove myself again."

"A rust bucket like you doesn't deserve to prove himself," said a smug voice.

Another diesel oiled up next to Derek. This highly sophisticated diesel was a Class 40 type with the numbers D261 painted on his sides. His livery was a gleaming, brunswick green, with a thin, lighter green stripe running along his roof. He had glistening, yellow warning panels, and sparkling, silver buffers along his bright red buffer beam. Just like BoCo and Derek, Class 40 was once sent to Sodor long ago to help the other Engines. But all he did was insult them by saying they were out of date, good for scrap, and bragged about his modernity. He finally met his karma when a bowler hat lodged his exhaust pipe, preventing him from taking an important passenger train and sent away in disgrace.

Class 40 stuck out a haughty chin. "It's a wonder how he managed to stay in service this long, when so many of you have already been withdrawn due to your intolerable teething troubles."

"Now wait just a minute," BoCo came to Derek's defense. "Derek here can be just as useful as any of us."

"Yeah!" He agreed, then blanked on his definitions. "I'm resourceful and… uh… Sagacious!"

"Hah!" Class 40 snooted. "The only reason he's even being sent to this backwater Island is so folks over on the Mainland won't have to deal with him. The days of shunning him along sidings are a thing of the past!"

The two diesels were shocked. Class 40's comments had gravely upset Derek. BoCo became cross.

"Ugh. You Class 40 type are all the same. Always thinking you're above everyone and putting the rest of us engines down in a dump."

"It's not my fault none of you were built to be this marvelous," he bragged while admiring his squeaky-clean buffers.

"Why don't you make like a bee and buzz off."

Class 40 snooted. "Gladly. I'd hate to have this one's dirty soot splatter my fine livery."

Suddenly, Derek's cooling system began to gargle and jitter a stalling noise.

"Oh, no! I think it's… it's!"

An abrupt, coughing engine noise caught two of the diesels off guard. BoCo and Class 40 came to a stop and looked over back at Derek falling behind. Trying to jerk a head, Derek finally halted as his generator stalled with a complete pop. Thick, black smoke came billowing out from his exhaust back engine. Derek was no longer red in the face, but now green all over. Class 40 shot BoCo a condescending smirk.

"Very useful in deed, BoCo." Class 40 blew his horn, "Useful for scrap!"

He took off with a cackling laugh, leaving behind an angered BoCo. Then, Derek felt something bump into him. Three diesels held up from behind him were a Class 31 Skinhead, a Class 52 Western, and another Class 40, painted in a much dark green called Whistler.

Skinhead backed up after ramming into Derek.

"Hey! What gives?!"

"Who's blocking the line?!" Whistler called.

"Agh, It's only Derek," Western complained. "Worthless piece of junk broke down again."

"How can he call himself a real diesel with a track record like this?"

Derek felt insulted. He looked at the ground in shame. His face might be green, but there were red cheeks peaking through with embarrassment. Derek didn't like having a faulty cooling system. Other diesels often made fun of him for it, which made it hard for him to fit in with his fellow diesels. BoCo truly felt sorry for Derek. He didn't like when other engines are being teased.

Honking his horn, BoCo drove onto Derek's line from a set of points, and reversed back into him. Derek was surprised at first until him and BoCo finally met buffer to buffer. With both diesels coupled up, they took off again and the halted train continued as normal. Derek felt lucky to have a friend like BoCo.

"Thanks, BoCo," He said, appreciatively. "You must be the only nice diesel on the whole railway."

"Nonsense," BoCo chuckled. "What about you, Derek? You're a good chap too."

"That wouldn't really make me a real diesel. And I'm already an outcast as is."

"Not all diesel's have to be rough and tough. Or stuck up for that matter. It's all just a front."

"Really?"

"Sure. Take a page out of my book and don't let high and mighty diesels tell you different. Being friendly is a welcomed repertoire. It makes you one of a kind."

"One of a kind, eh?" Derek pondered.

"That's right. You're already unique as it is, so why not take pride in it?"

BoCo carried Derek the rest of the way down the Mainline of Sodor. Derek thought of something funny he heard a few minutes ago and brought it up to BoCo.

"Make like a bee and buzz off?" Derek chuckled.

"Not my best comeback," BoCo smiled, coyly.

"You can say that again."

"Might've learned it from James at one point. Guess I should've known better than to take a page out of his book, eh?"

This managed to make Derek laugh a little. BoCo chuckled quietly along as the two diesels headed down the Mainline.


It was a bright, sunny day at Canterlot High School. Things were moving at a slow pace, but the students and facility didn't mind so much. It had been a while since anything magical occurred as far as anyone was concerned. While there were small occurrences of magic involved, nothing that would put the whole school in jeopardy was ever really brought to their attention. And so, everyone enjoyed and took advantage of the magical absence they had for now.

Inside the school, students young and old occupied the hallways, talking to their peers and scurrying down the corridors. Sunset Shimmer entered through the entrance and took in the ambiance. Though it would be exciting if there were another magic problem to solve, simply seeing everything at peace put Sunset at ease. Her and her friends had no problem doing other activities.

Taking in a relaxing inhale and releasing, Sunset went on with her day strolling confidently down the halls. Along the way, a few students stopped to say hello.

"Hey, Sunset!" Waved a student.

"Hi, Sunset," Waved another.

"Yo! Sunset!"

Sunset smiled and waved. "How's it going?"

"What's up, Sunset!"

"Not much!" She said, still strolling.

Flash Sentry leaned against his locker with his guitar when Sunset walked by.

"Sunset, looking good."

"Hey, Flash."

She then noticed another friend putting books away in her locker.

"Hi, Wallflower."

Wallflower Blush almost jumped when she turned to face Sunset.

"Oh, hi, Sunset!"

"How's the gardening club?"

"It's going great! Thanks for asking. Where're you off to?"

"Just looking for my friends. We'll talk later, okay?" She waved and continued on.

Wallflower waved back until Sunset was no longer in view.

But as she searched for her friends, Sunset Shimmer found that they weren't anywhere to be seen. She tried calling all six of them, but their calls went to voicemail. Sunset finally stopped in the middle of the halls and stared at her phone. Her next call still went to voicemail.

"That's weird. It's not like them to not respond to their calls or texts," Sunset pondered to herself. "I wonder where they could be?"

Sunset rubbed the back of her head until she heard faint singing coming from down the halls. Curious, she looked over to where the noise is and saw it was originating from the Gymnasium entrance.

["We're Canterlot united."

"Unite!"

"We'll never bow."]

Recognizing their voices, Sunset rolled her eyes and smiled before making her way to the Gym.

"Oh, right. Prep rallies."


Upon entering the Gymnasium, Sunset was met with an energetic and rambunctious atmosphere. Nearly half the school's students were in the gym, all standing near the stage or sitting on the bleachers while singing along to the upbeat rally.

The School's marching band were lined up side by side along the bottom stage. A Baton Twirler, and seven other students with their instruments marched in a stationary format by kicking their knees to the air. One band member played the precision snare drum, another on bass drumming, and thr rest played the piccolo, Sousaphone, trumpet, clarinet, and trombone.

Some recognizable faces, including Trixie, Derpy, and the CMC were all present. Each student wore pony eared headbands and tails wrapped around their waist to support their school as a sign of unity. The school's marching band, positioned near the stage, provided the music which kicked off this enthusiastic gathering.

"We'll always be Wondercolts forever."

"Three! Two! One! Go!"

"And now our time has finally arrived."

"Our time is now!"

[Everyone cheered and sung, all to Sunset's surprised but confused demeanor. She had forgotten what the rally was for at first, and what everyone was so hyped for. But upon looking back at the stage and the teens who were on it, Sunset was well up to speed again. The Baton twirler swung her baton and encouraged everyone to sing as loud as they can.]

"'Cause we believe in the magic of friendship."

"And you know, at the end of the day, it is we who survive."

"At the end of the day, it is we who survive."

"'Cause you know, at the end of the day, it is we who survive!"

[Sunset crossed her arms and leaned her left bicep against the wall with crossed legs, baring a relaxed smiled as she watched the CHS students display their school spirit with pride.]

"At the end of the day, it is we who survive!"

[CHS students began to clapping in a synchronized motion.]

"Na, na, na-na-na-na!"

"Wondercolts united together!"

[Up on the stage and leading the whole rally were her friends. Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash stood center stage. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy stood to Twilight's right while Applejack and Rarity stood to Rainbow Dash' left; they clapped along in rhythmic fashion to get the energy building]

"Na, na, na-na-na-na!"

"Wondercolts united forever!"

[Spotlights shined down on the Girls and the marching band adding a strong ambiance to their song. Rainbow Dash took the lead.]

Rainbow Dash: "We'll always be Wondercolts forever!"

Everyone: "Wondercolts united together!"

"And now our time has finally arrived!"

"Wondercolts united forever!"

[Rainbow Dash hopped off stage and stood beside the baton twirler and the marching band.]

"'Cause we believe in the magic of friendship!"

"Wondercolts united together!"

[Portions of Rainbow Dash's body glowed a bright light as the magic within her started to show. A flash of light appeared on her head and grew tiny pony-esc ears. One Pegasi wing flared out from her the another proudly wing spanned. Rainbow Dash embraced her fully completed pony up appearance once another light flashed from her hair and added a new extension that transformed into a long pony tail with a red scrunchie holding where the attachment meets.]

"And you know, At the end of the day, it is we who survive!"

[Rainbow Dash, glowing in a sparkling light blue radiance, hovered above ground passed Twilight and her friends on stage. The Girls watched Rainbow Dash make her way back to their level, still clapping along until the song ended with each of them positioning themselves in a finishing pose. The baton twirler throws her rod up for Rainbow Dash to catch and point to the ceiling with magic flowing throughout her every being.]

"At the end of the day, it is we who survive!"

The gymnasium roared with a thunderous applause and cheers which echoed off the gym walls. Sunset Shimmer applauded as well, impressed by her friend's performance.


As the gym begins to clear out with everyone leaving, Sunset went up to her friends who were climbing down from the stage. Pony powers withering away, Rainbow Dash lands back next to them as her and the rest spot Sunset approaching them.

"Sunset!" Twilight said, excitedly. "You made it!"

"An' about plum time too!" Applejack smiled. "We just got done our rallyin' fer the day."

"Right. I forgot that was today. Sorry I missed it, everyone."

"That's Okay!" Pinkie popped up next to her. "We Spent Literally All-Day Preforming School Rallies That None Of Us Were Keeping Track Of Time Either! Well, At Least I Wasn't Because I Was Having Too Much Fun!"

"So, what did you think of our totally awesome performance!" Rainbow Dash asked.

"It was great, as usual," Sunset smiled with hands on her hips.

"In deed. We were simply fantastic!" Rarity said. "Oh, I only wish I wore my best dance ensemble for the occasion!"

"At this point our school spirit's gonna give Crystal Prep's a run for their money," Rainbow Dash said.

"Maybe this time they'll actually treat these games as such instead of an over competitive batch of nonsense," Twilight said.

"With Principal Cadence in charge now," Applejack said, "I reckon we won't have to worry much about that no more. 'Specially after partin' on good terms with the Shadowbolts."

"Sorry you weren't apart of the rally, Sunset," Fluttershy said. "We had to get stared early so that the whole school could cheer us on this week."

"It's fine. Prep rallies aren't really my thing anyway."

"But you're still going to compete with us, aren't you darling?" Rarity asked.

"Sure, I will. Wouldn't mind participating in a proper 'Friendship Games-esk' event for once."

The Girls nodded and agreed. Then, a boy they didn't recognize approached the group. He had dark green, curtained hair with center parting bangs and short sides, hazel eyes, dark orange eyebrows, and light, greenish gray skin. He wore a dark green, stand collar Jacket with two yellow square designs along the bicep and two on the abdomen, a black t-shirt, dark green pants and orange, tumbled leather boots with black laces and sole.

"Ello, there!" He waved.

"Hi!" Pinkie waved.

"Uh, howdy," Applejack greeted.

"Can we help you?" Sunset asked.

Sunset and the others have never seen this boy at school before. They didn't know what to make of him.

"My name's Paxton! I just wanted to say how amazing your singing shows were! I've never heard anything like it."

Rainbow Dash scoffed, boastfully. "Of course, you haven't. We're awesome."

"That's very kind of you to say, Paxton," Fluttershy said.

"This mean you'll be rootin' for us when the races begin?" Applejack encouraged.

"Sure!" Paxton rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "Um… what exactly am I rooting for?"

"For The Wondercolts At The Crystal Race!" Pinkie Pie shoved a poster in his face. "We're Competing Against Our Friends In The Shadowbolts For A Charity Event That Crystal Prep Academy's Hosting!"

"Wow! That sounds exciting!"

Paxton took it and looked over the poster in awe. The Girls then introduced themselves afterwards and told Paxton more about the Crystal Race, as well as their history with their rival school. Upon inspecting him a bit more, Twilight adjusted her glasses to make sure they were focused right.

"Wait a minute," she squinted through her glasses. "Weren't you in the Cafeteria while we were preforming one of our rallies?"

Paxton rolled up the posted and pocketed it in his jacket.

"I was! You girls gave me and my friend Diesel those ears and tails."

"Are you two new to Canterlot High?" Sunset asked. "If so, then welcome to CHS."

"Actually, I don't go to this school," Paxton revealed. "I'm from a place called the Island of Sodor!"

"The Island of Sodor?!" The Girl's shouted with widened eyes.

"Yeah, that's right! See, I was trying to get your attention earlier 'cause I wanted to ask if-" Paxton stopped upon realizing and seeing their stunned faces. "Have… you all heard of Sodor already?"

Sunset and Twilight shared a quick glance.

"Do you know any blue engine named Thomas?" Twilight asked him.

"I do! We're such good friends. But, how do you know Thomas?"

"Why, him and his friends visited our school before," Rarity said. "They helped us save both our worlds from falling apart."

"If you're here," Sunset said, "That means you arrived through the Magic Railroad. I don't suppose Thomas is with you too?"

"Um… I guess? And no, it's just Diesel and me. Sorry, Sunset."

"Oh," Sunset slouched before crossing her arms. "So, what did you wanna ask us?"

Paxton remembered Diesel's strict instructions to not say to much about where he's from or why he's here. He felt a little silly for bringing it up now. And seeing has how they already know all about Sodor, Paxton wasn't so sure how much else he should be telling them.

"Well, truth be told, I wasn't supposed to tell you were I'm from. Diesel says we shouldn't be speaking to anyone."

"Where is this Diesel fella by the way?" Applejack asked.

"Well he's right... here?"

Paxton looked to his left, then right, then spun around until he stopped. He gasped with eyes widened and hands on his cheeks.

"Oh no! We must've gotten separated!"

Unknown to either of them, the poster Pinkie Pie gave Paxton hung loose from his jacket pocket from his spinning. The Girls were still wrapping their heads around their reasons for visiting until they noticed Paxton taking off while waving back at all the Girls.

"I have to find Diesel or he's going to be cross with me! Goodbye, now! Nice meeting you all!"

"Wait!" Sunset chased after him until coming to a stop. "What about… why you're here."

Twilight went up to comfort a slouching Sunset with gentle pats. In wake of Paxton take off, the rolled-up poster fell from his jacket and landed before the two girls. They picked up the poster and examined it before sharing looks and staring back down where Paxton ran.


The Girls were now casually walking down the hallway of Canterlot High. They discussed what Paxton and Diesel's reasons for being here could be in light of meeting a new face from Thomas' world.

"They could just be visiting, Sunset," Twilight suggested. "Sir Topham Hatt did say his engines could cross over into our dimension whenever they liked."

"Maybe," Sunset said. "But I can't stop wondering what Paxton wanted from us though."

"I'm a little worried about it too," Fluttershy said. "What if Thomas, Henry and the others are in trouble so they sent Paxton to warn us?"

"I don't think he'd take his time saying how awesome we are if it was that urgent," Rainbow Dash said.

"If they were in any real danger," Rarity said, "Thomas would tell us so himself in whatever conceivable manner he can."

"That's why I think we should talk to Paxton," Sunset suggested. "I'll take care of that while you're getting ready for the Crystal Race."

"Which reminds me," Twilight chimed, "apparently, the maximum of competing constants are now limited to just six per team. Which means-"

"One of us is gonna have to sit this one out?" Applejack said with worry.

Everyone stopped in the middle of the hallway, now contemplating what this means. Fluttershy spoke shyly with both arms behind her back and her front foot squishing against the floor.

"Um… If it's alright with everyone, I wouldn't mind being taken out."

"Come on, Fluttershy," Rainbow Dash insisted by gently nudging her elbow. "You've gotta be apart of the team."

"Um, well, I would, but, it's just that, oh, I don't think I'll do any good." She slouched with eyes closed. "I'd only get in the way and hold everyone back."

"But you did just fine at the Friendship Games," Rarity said. "We all made it to the finals together even."

"Before It Was Canterlot High That Mainly Hosted The Games," Pinkie said. "Now Crystal Prep Is Running Things, Which Means Their Challenges Are Gonna Be Waaay More Difficult, Waaay Tougher, And Mega, And Ultra, And Suuper Unforgivably Demanding! I Mean, We Could End Up In The Emergency Room This Time!"

Fluttershy whimpered. Some of the girls shot Pinkie Pie glares. Pinkie smiled and apologized after a sheepish chuckle.

"The five of us have always done everythin' together," Applejack said. "And we should keep it to that even on Crystal Prep territories."

"But that would mean Sunset or Twilight would have to miss out," Fluttershy said.

"You can have my spot, Twilight," Sunset offered. "I was never crazy about the Friendship Games anyway. So, I doubt I'll be missing much with the Crystal Race."

"Are you sure, Sunset?" Twilight asked, hugging her left arm.

"Positive," She placed a hand on her shoulder. "At least the Wondercolts will still have a great leader on their side."

"Yup! That's-Wait, what?!" Twilight stopped in stunned surprise. "Hold on. I didn't-"

"Looks Like Twilight Sparkle And The Original Gang Are Off To Take Home The Win!" Pinkie Pie interrupted, wrapping her arms around Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

Twilight Sparkle wasn't so sure until she thought of ways around it.

"I mean, if there's a scientific or mathematical portion, followed by the equivalent of a quantifiable physics problem to compensate the amount of time it takes to elucidate its quandary, then that I can do."

"I don't know if they'll have anything like that for a charity event," Sunset smiled.

"But as front runner?" Twilight blew her lips. "No thanks. We all work better as a team; not when one of us is taking charge."

"But every team has a member who knows what's best for everyone," Rainbow Dash said.

"And since Sunset ain't competin'," Applejack said, "that just leaves you, Twilight!"

Twilight chuckled sheepishly. Despite their encouragements, Twilight coouldn't help stressing out over the idea of leading the Wondercolts. The Girls were concerned, but knew she was only overthinking things too much.

"It's really not as hard as you're making it," Sunset said. "I've seen you take charge plenty of times before."

"That was different! Think of all the disappointed children if we fail to compete properly! Our school and every educational institution is relying on us." Twilight gripped her hair. "I can't take charge of that. I'm not that great a leader! I can't handle this kind of pressure!"

"What're you talking about?" Rainbow Dash wrapped an arm around her. "You're a great leader!"

"Surely someone of your keen headship is just what we need to lead us to victory," Rarity said.

"Sunset, you take my spot!" Twilight desperately insisted. "I can barely hold my own in a physical challenge let alone carry us to victory. This type of thing is practically made for you."

"You'll be fine, Twilight," She said, placing hands on Twilight's shoulders. "Its just a charity event after all. I doubt it'll be that physically demanding. And you are a good leader. You're just not giving yourself much credit."

"And let's not forget you got five friends that're gonna back you up every step of the way," Rainbow Dash reassured.

Twilight Sparkle kept twiddling her fingers in a nervous manner. She didn't want to disappoint her friends and the thought of having to take charge of an endurance led, high end competition made her worry even more. Twilight was too convinced that she wasn't good enough. Sunset wrapped an arm around Twilight as her and the others continued walking on and veering down another hallway.

"Besides, I'm more interested in what Paxton and Diesel are up to. Let's find them quick and-"

Suddenly, a distracted Sunset found herself bumping into someone and knocking both of them on their bottoms. The Girls looked alarmed by the sudden encounter.

"Found Him!" Pinkie Pie said.


Sunset rubbed her forehead when she saw who she bumped into. This boy also rubbed his head, then glared back at Sunset. The person she ran into was none other than Diesel himself.

"Hey! Watch where you're going."

He had messy, black hair styled in a fohawk with a single red highlight and undercut shaved sides, green eyes, and light, persian bluish grey skin. He wore a sleeveless, multi pocketed, slim moto jacket, a sleeveless, black hoodie with red drawstrings, and a black sleeveless shirt underneath. He had black biker gloves on, a pair of dark grey, skinny ripped jeans, and black, ankle length combat boots with red lace and silver soles.

Sunset, immediately repented, got up and brushed the dust off her skirt.

"Sorry about that." She then extended a hand for him to take. "Here, let me help you up."

Diesel stopped struggling to get up and stared at Sunset's hand, then back at her and everyone's friendly faces. Instead of accepting, however, Diesel decided to bring himself back up to his feet, doing so before dusting off his jacket.

"You really ought to be more careful."

"I said I was sorry," Sunset said, rather offended from his rejection.

It was upon getting a better look at Diesel that Twilight noticed she's never seen this student around CHS either.

"Hold on. Your name wouldn't happen to be Diesel, would it?"

His eyes shot wide. "Yes?"

"Well how about that," Applejack said. "We just ran into your pal Paxton not too long ago."

"I'm Pinkie Pie!" She said, popping up to and offering Diesel a handshake. "Nice To Finally Meet You, Diesel."

But Diesel didn't accept her offering and kept his arms crossed. This made Pinkie upset as she lowered her arm and stepped back into the group after getting nothing in return. Sunset, Twilight and the others immediately sensed bad vibes off him.

"So… Paxton said you two were visiting our school for something," Sunset said. "Don't suppose you could tell us why?"

Diesel's left eye twitched. "Paxton said that, eh?"

"Is there a problem?" Rarity asked, genuinely concerned.

"I've only told that silly diesel over and over that he wasn't suppose to talk to anyone from this school!"

"Uh, what's the big deal if he did?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yeah. It ain't like we didn't already know y'all are from Sodor," Applejack said.

"You-how do you know about Sodor?!" He exclaimed, before gritting his teeth. "How much did Paxton tell you?"

Diesel was close to steaming with rage. Before he did, Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle cleared things up by explaining in short how they met Thomas and why he came to their world. Diesel was surprised. All in one day he learned so much about different dimensions, ways of travel, the many creatures that inhabit them, and who's been where and why.

"Wait, wait, wait," Diesel said, trying to fathom everything. "Thomas visited this school too?! Just how many engines have been in this stinking world?"

"Let's See," Pinkie Thought before beginning. "First We Met Thomas When He Came Here Looking For Lady And Protector Of The Magic Railroad. Then I Met My Bestest Best Party Pal Percy, Who Also Came To CHS With His Other Friends James, Gordon, Henry, Toby, Edward, Emily & Their Railway Controller Sir Topham Hatt To Stop A Big Old Meanie Named Diesel 10 And His Two Former Henchmen Splatter & Dodge From Turning Us All Into Constipated Cookies! Soooo About Seven Or Eight; Give Or Take!"

Diesel's stunned face blinked with bewilderment. Sir Topham Hatt had decided it was best not to stress where him and his engines had been during the crisis that struck Sodor. The Engines told some of their friends, despite many of them not believing any of it. To see it was all true for himself though left Diesel baffled for sure.

"This-this is ridiculous," He said. "All of it!"

"Give her time," Rainbow Dash smiled.

"Wait Until You Hear About Our Magic Geodes And How We Always Pony Up From Playing Music!" Pinkie said.

"Hah!" Diesel chuckled. "You girls don't have magic. Even if you did, what kind of silly magic allows such nonsense?"

"The Magic of friendship for starters," Sunset Shimmer replied with crossed arms.

Fluttershy stepped in. "You see, each of us carry these necklaces that grand us-"

"Whoops, Sorry!" Diesel mocked, "Do I recall asking about your fancy necklaces?"

Fluttershy felt dismayed and stepped back behind Applejack. Sunset and the others were not approving Diesel's attitude so far.

"Hey! That Wasn't Very Nice!" Pinkie said.

"Too bad so sad. Hard a nails, always gruff-"

"Forget all that," Twilight interrupted and approached him. "What are you and Paxton doing at Canterlot High anyway?"

"None of your business, that's what!" Diesel snapped.

She backed off with her hands motioned out. Sunset was not liking his tone.

"Sor-ry,"

"She was only asking a question," Fluttershy defended.

"Well maybe you should learn to keep your questions to yourselves," He scorned. "And maybe keep those mouths shut for good measure."

The Girls all gasped and shot back angry stares.

Rarity scoffed. "Well, I never!"

"I'd watch what I say next if I were you, mister," Applejack threatened.

"I can speak however I like. This place has already tested my patience enough, and I won't be letting you lot waste my time anymore either. Good-day!"

Diesel turned on his heel and marched off in a huff. The Girls were absolutely appalled and insulted. They've never met anyone this rude from Sodor before. It was definitely a stark contrast from Thomas' friendly nature. Diesel was a much worst case. Telling Paxton not to talk to anyone, not saying why they're at Canterlot High, and acting rude to top it off. Something fishy was going on.

Sunset Shimmer stepped beside Twilight Sparkle. The two friends shared a suspicious glance, followed by a single nod. Then, Sunset caught up to Diesel. She tried to grab his arm, but Diesel heard her approaching and looked back to see Sunset reaching out to him.

He pulled his arm away. "What are you doing?"

She looked back at Twilight who could only shrug. Sunset tried again but Diesel kept waving his arm away.

"Stop that! Hey-"

Finally, Sunset snagged Diesel's arm. Her eyes turn pure white as she peers into his thoughts through her red and orange Geode Necklace.


[Back at the Sodor Dieselworks, Diesel parked on the elevating turntable and waited for it to lift him up to the platform above. When it did, he was met by a mysterious engine like figure who slowly emerged from the shadows and under the small ray of light beaming from the headlamp above.

This engine was a DRB-series Class 50 steam locomotive of a 2-10-0 configuration. Her funnel, smokebox and cylinders were painted a luminous, vivid orange. The base of her boiler to her tender were violet with light, brilliant gold stripes and a pale, yellow cab roof. Her driving and tender wheels were purple and the running board of her footplate a pale, apple green. Coupling rods, axle boxes, valves, and complex pistons were brilliant gold. Lastly, the witte-type Smoke deflectors, two small metal plates attached to her smokebox's sides, were also painted a brilliant yellow.

Her pure red lantern gleamed against the light and her eyes glow an eerie green.

"Ugh. What do you want from me now, Adagio?" Diesel asked. "Haven't I done enough to prove myself?"

She smirked. "Patience, Diesel. I was just heading out to begin the plan. But while I'm away, I'd like you to do me a little favor."

Diesel sighed in frustration. "What is it?"

"I need you to travel to Canterlot High and look for two associates of mine. Their names are Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk. Tell them that I'm offering a chance to be at my side for our conquest over this pathetic kingdom and everywhere beyond."

"And where exactly is this so called Canterlot High? How am I suppose to find it let alone your two partners?"

"I'm glad you asked," She said with a devilish grin.]


[Happy to see his friend, Paxton applied his brakes and came to a stop next to the siding where Diesel remained parked.

"'Ello, Diesel!"

But all Diesel did was nearly jump out of his pistons.

"Paxton!" He called. "You startled me!"

"I'm sorry, Diesel. I only stopped to ask how your day's going."

"Just go away. I'm thinking."

"About what?"

Diesel moaned. "Adagio has sent me to fetch her two friends. Apparently, this siding is how she arrived here."

"Adagio?" Paxton pondered. "Isn't that the steam engine who's been living at the Dieselworks for some time?"

"Yes, Paxton," He said, irritably.

"Did she ever say why yet? We've seen Adagio come and go a lot but she won't tell anyone why she's on Sodor."

"All I know is that she has big plans for the diesels. And as long as we go along with it, we'll be closer to seeing what she means by it."

"A big plan for the Diesels?" Paxton was excited. "Wow! That sounds big! Is there anything I help with? Maybe I can join you in looking for her friends too?!"]


Before Sunset could find out more information, she felt her concentration being pulled away from Diesel's thoughts. Back in the real world, Diesel forcibly pried her hand off his arm. Sunset, in total disbelief, stepped away from Diesel upon realizing who she saw in his vision. Her friends were worried over Sunset's sudden shift in behavior.

"Sunset?" Twilight asked. "What's wrong? What did you see?"

"That voice," Sunset struggled to comprehend. "It can't be."

"Whose voice?" Fluttershy asked, nervously.

She turned to her friends. "The Sirens! They're back, and they're on Sodor!"

The Girls gasped again.

"The Sirens are on Sodor?!" Rainbow Dash repeated.

"Not The Sirens!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

"I thought we scared away those trouble makin' varmints for good?" Applejack said.

"Looks like only one of them finally decided to resurface," Sunset said.

Diesel was confused at first until Sunset leaned over him with glaring eyes while tapping his chest.

"What are you planning?! Why does she need diesels to take over Sodor?!"

"I don't know what you're talking about," He leered.

"That engine who sent you here is a Siren, and you've just put everyone on Sodor in danger by bringing her to your world."

"I didn't bring her. She arrived at our works months ago." Diesel soon realized what Sunset said. "Wait a minute… You couldn't have known that! How? How did you-"

"Tell that to my Geode Crystal!" She interrupted, dangling it from the chain wrapped around her neck.

"Ugh, enough with this magic nonsense! Who do you think you're trying to fool?"

But looking at all the Girls and their fierce glares with crossed arms made Diesel nervous. It was apparent why Adagio suggested he'd not say anything about where they're from or why he's in their world. He had to avoid giving away more than what they've already uncovered.

"Oh, yeah?! Well... w-why should I explain myself to the likes of you and your 'magic friends'?"

"'Cause if you don't," Rainbow Dash threatened. "We'll tell Thomas and his railway controller that you've been snooping around our school."

Diesel was hardly frightened of Thomas, but Sir Topham Hatt was another story. Despite what he knew Adagio had planned for the two, Diesel didn't want to risk involving either of them in all this. Even so, if they could do anything to prevent whats coming, it'd be too late for either the Engines or Girls to do so. Little did he know, everything was all going according to Adagio's plan. Still, Diesel decided to spill the beans anyway.

"You want to know what we're up to? Fine!" He looked around for anyone listening before speaking again. "There's a revolution coming."

"What kind of revolution?" Twilight asked.

"The one that'll finally put those silly steamies out of service, and allow diesels to take full control."

This alerted everyone. Taking steam engines out of service and replacing them with diesels? 'What's that all about?' They thought. It seemed a bit out of the ordinary in terms of Adagio's schemes for dominance, and harnessing negative energy. The Girls kept listening carefully to what Diesel had to say despite their contempt.

"You see," He continued, "we're not a bunch of slow, feeble, complicated contraptions like Thomas or those other silly engines who need to be repaired on a regular. They're out of date and not much use to anyone. But diesels know everything. We come to a railway and improve it. Anything they can do, we diesels can do better."

"And what in hay does the Siren have to do with any of that?" Applejack asked.

"My new partner has kindly given us a chance to finally show our true potential. Steamies have had their fun, but now it's time to make way for a modern era of transportation. And Adagio promises to take us all the way there."

The Girls shared looks of worry and concern. He couldn't be serious. Why would Adagio help him achieve this? Given their past encounter, how does getting rid of steam engines relate to spreading negativity or regaining her true equestrian magic? A lot of questions filled their heads, particularly about what this means for their friends on Sodor.

"But if steam engines are going out of service," Fluttershy said, timidly. "Wouldn't that mean our friends won't be working on their railway anymore?"

"Well, don't you lot catch on quickly," He taunted with hands to his hips.

The Girls all murmured anxiously to one another, distressed over what could happen to their friend's if they're being pulled from work. Would Sir Topham Hatt allow such a thing? Does he even have a say? Sunset only kept staring at Diesel with her piercing glares all while he laughed in his nasally chuckle.

"By the time we're done here, I bet every steamie on Sodor will already be shipped away as we speak!"

He continued cackling until Sunset Shimmer aggressively grabbed a now frightened Diesel by the collar of his sweater.

"If you so much as hurt Thomas or any of our friends!"

But just as she pulled back her arm and closed her fist, Twilight stepped in and held Sunset's forearm from striking Diesel.

"Sunset!"

She looked over at Twilight then back at Diesel smiling sheepishly. Sunset shot him a scowl for a moment, then releases his sweater's collar. Diesel backed up and brushed his sweater off.

"I won't be the one hurting them." He sneered, "That'll be up for the Railway Company to decide, or rather Adagio for that matter, if she so chooses."

Sunset gritted her teeth and enclosed her fist. Twilight never lets her hold go of Sunset in an attempt to keep her at bay, especially after feeling her arm tense up. The rest of the Girls continued glaring too, with some listening to or worrying over everything Diesel said.

"You can't do this! Thomas, Gordon, the others," Rainbow Dash stomped her foot, "they're our friends!"

"What's gonna happen to them!" Fluttershy whimpered, with forearms pressed to her chest.

Diesel turned his back away. "Who knows? Bought by some railway enthusiast, put into a museum… Scrapped."

Everyone's eyes widened in horror. Diesel only crept a taunting smirk after putting emphasis on this word once it slips out. He relished their dismay, smiling with both arms hiding behind his back.

"We diesels are taking over Sir Topham Hatt's Railway now. And there's nothing you Girls or Steamies can do about it. For you see; we... are revolutionary... Have a nice day, ladies."

And with that, Diesel strolled away confidently and left his ominous warning to linger. Diesel then felt something hit the back of his head. He turned and looked to his feet to find Paxton's poster.

"Paxton dropped it," Sunset said, holding back any urge to lunge at him.

"Do try to show some class and return it to the poor deer," Rarity ordered with contempt.

Diesel shot an unamused glance before leaning down to pick it up. He unravels the poster to read what it's promoting with an arched eyebrow. The picture depicted the upcoming Crystal Race competition, a charity event taking place at Crystal Prep Academy where the Wondercolts and Shadowbolts compete to raise money for better schooling and funding for other similar institutions across Canterlot.

"Hmm."

Oddly enough, instead of tossing it away, Diesel rolls it back up and hides it in his jacket before walking off confidently again, leaving the Girls to watch while comprehending everything.


"So, these Sirens you faced before are back," Twilight Sparkle surmised. "Well, one of them is, and they plan on taking over Sodor by replacing steam with diesel traffic? That doesn't really give us much to work with."

"If Diesel hadn't pried me away, I would've gotten more info and learn what they're actually planning," Sunset explained. "Maybe she only needs negative energy from diesels to power her pendant?"

"How did she get her pendant back though?" Rainbow Dash asked. "We destroyed them."

"Must've took a lot of elbow grease to meld them back," Applejack guessed.

"But does this mean Diesel might be under her spell somehow?" Fluttershy asked.

"I Don't Know," Pinkie Pie said, doubtfully. "That Laugh Of His Sounded Way Too Genuine. I Should Know. I'm An Expert When It Comes To Deciding An Evil Laugh And A Laugh... Well Laugh."

"What are we going to do?" Rarity worried. "They haven't the slightest idea a magical creature who feeds off negativity is residing on their Island."

"Or the fact they're being taken out of service," Rainbow Dash imputed.

"We gotta do somethin' y'all!" Applejack demanded, slamming her bottom fist in an open palm. "Diesel said they could be takin' 'em off Sodor this very minute!"

"If this Siren's as dangerous as you say," Twilight chimed, "then I have a bad feeling whatever they have prepared involves much more than a diesel revolution."

Everyone went quiet as the Girls tried figuring out what to do. Adagio must've had a lot of time on her hands to plan this. How long as she been on Sodor since their last encounter with the Dazzlings at the Battle of the Bands. Something else must be going on. After a while, Sunset spoke.

"All we know now is that Thomas and our friends are in trouble. I've had time to debate if I should visit Sodor again. Looks like my mind's been made up."


To Be Continued.