• Published 13th Jan 2019
  • 3,186 Views, 103 Comments

Thomas & Equestria Girls 2: Adventures From Sodor - LPFanFic



The Equestria Girls travel to the Island of Sodor to stop an old enemy and their devastating scheme. All while Thomas and his friends try to find purpose in an ever changing world.

  • ...
 103
 3,186

Chapter 18: Venture Into Trouble

Thomas & Equestria Girls 2:
Adventures From Sodor!

Chapter 18: Venture Into Trouble.

It was late in the morning on Sodor. A few diesels over at the Vicarstown Dieselworks were working their wheels off. There have been a number of diesels derailing from the tracks fairly recently, and a lot had to be put back on the tracks and taken to the Dieselworks for repairs. Hour after hour, a diesel shunter or locomotive is brought into the yard where they must wait for engineers to fix, patch, replace and assemble them with new parts.

Edward and Henry, who were parked at the smelting foundry, watched either Den or Dart enter with an empty flatbed, loaded them with diesel parts, then leave and come back again for more. The two diesels had been busy taking turns delivering flatbeds hitched with diesel parts back and forth from morning to days end. With this many accidents, there wouldn't be any engine out doing their job. So, Den, Dart, and the engineers had to work extra hard to get all the diesels back in working order again. But whenever they finished tuning up one diesel, more would pile back in, even the same locomotives they'd fixed up would return. Western, Skinhead and Whistler had become such frequent visitors when it came to derailments and dents.

Meanwhile, Diesel emerged from his berth and waited for the turntable to meet his line. Paxton parked next to Diesel and attempted to greet him. Diesel had been gone a lot, so Paxton didn't often see him that much.

"Good morning, Diesel! Off to Canterlot High again are-"

"Eh, eh, eh! No, Paxton," Diesel interrupted, sharply.

The turntable pointed to Diesel's line. Diesel got on and carried off into the Junction. Paxton still tried to be polite despite knowing Diesel's true intentions, and why he was acting meaner than usual.

"Oh, okay. See you later, Diesel!" Paxton called.

But Diesel didn't respond. This made Paxton a little sad.

He really thought him and Diesel were becoming better friends after their trip to Canterlot High. But ever since he found out what he and Adagio Dazzle were really planning with the diesels, Paxton was beginning to worry about Diesel. If he was helping Adagio, what job did she give him that required going back and forth to Canterlot High every day? After the Girls told him about some of Sodor's steam engines hiding out in their World, Paxton began to get a good idea what it could be.


Diesel purred through the junction barking orders at all the diesels and engineers progressing their jobs much slower than usual. But nobody listened to him. They were too tired to get the job done proper. This frustrated Diesel.

He then spotted Class 40 enter the Dieselworks and stopped just as he did.

"Excuse me," Diesel asserted. "You're suppose to be pulling the Express."

"I'm here for my routine polish. What? You think my buffers stay this naturally shiny all the time?"

His buffers glimmered in the sunlight.

"You don't need your silly buffers polished," Diesel said. "We diesels get the job done no matter how messy we get."

"Not this diesel," Class 40 stated, smugly. "THIS diesel is of a class much more important than yours. And we pride ourselves to display such importance!"

"Is that any way to talk to the head diesel?"

Class 40 scoffed a chuckle. "You? Head diesel?"

"That's right. And I demand some respect!"

"Hah! I'll show you respect."

He surveyed the junction and all the diesel shunters moving at a considerably slow pace. They've been working for hours to repair the derailed diesels. Den, Dart, and everyone else couldn't work any faster if they tried. But Class 40 corrected this, and immediately startled everyone through his blaring horn.

"What is this, amateur hour?! These diesels aren't getting back to their jobs themselves! Director Gisborne did NOT bring a bunch of slow coaches just to lollygag about the yard!"

Den tried objecting. "But-"

"This Instant! Come on! Hop to it!"

Engineers and diesels scurried and hurried about to get their flatbeds delivered on time. Everyone had to forget how tired they were and exert enough energy to get the job moving faster. The Dieselworks hustled and bustled with rushed work once again. Diesel was secretly impressed. But this soon diminished when Class 40 continued speaking to him in his condescending tone.

"You see that? If you want something done your way, you must force dominance on others. Otherwise, no one will take you seriously. Especially a small, silly diesel like yourself."

"Hey!" Diesel shouted.

"And if that doesn't work for whatever, unsurprising reason," Class 40 chuckled. "You can always cheat your way to the top. Easiest trick in the book."

Diesel was still peeved but thought about Class 40's advice the more it started making sense to him. If no one ends up listening to him, Diesel thought of ways he could put himself at the forefront.

The two diesels then heard Sidney the diesel shunter roll up and park next to Diesel and in front of Class 40.

"You there!" Class 40 said.

"Me?" Sidney said.

"Yes, little diesel. Carry me to my polishing station."

"But I have another job to do… I think."

"Ah, but pulling me to my polishing station is your job. Remember?" Class 40 asked, slyly.

"Oh. Ah, yes! Now I remember!" Sidney said, excitedly. "Okay then, boss! I'll take you straight to your polishing station."

Sidney shunted into Class 40 and coupled up to him. Class 40 smirked and flashed his brows at a dumbfounded Diesel while Sidney took him off to his siding. Diesel only stood growling through gritted teeth and seething smoke from his engine.

It wasn't until Adagio Dazzle pulled up next to Diesel that he snapped out of it.

"Isn't there something you should be taking care of, Diesel?" She asked.

Diesel gasped. "Ahh! The Crystal Race! NO! I don't want to be late!"

Honking his horn, Diesel screamed as he scampered off in a hurry. Adagio Dazzle arched a confused brow.


Over at the Sodor Steamworks, the Girls were just waking up and getting ready to start the day. Sir Topham Hatt and his workmen were already present and getting things organized. One by one, the Girls awoke with weary yawns. Because they were low on fuel, the Girls still felt a little tired from their escapades yesterday. They needed to be refilled with coal and water to get full steam again.

Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer were already up and refueled. And came back and parked outside the building's entrance to face everyone still wearily waking up.

"So," Spike asked. "What are we doing today?"

"The Same Thing We Do Every Day, Spikey; TRY TO SAVE THE WORLD! With Laughter." Pinkie said ominously before breaking out into a giggle.

"Please tell me it doesn't involve more training," Rarity said. "I need a serious break from all this biffing and bashing and biffing and crashing. It's all too much for my poor buffers!"

"Today's the day, everyone. The day we rescue Edward and Henry!" Twilight said, confidently.

"What?!"

This managed to wake everyone up just a little more.

"Are you sure you girls are ready to be doing such a thing?" Sir Topham Hatt asked.

"Twilight and I talked it over," Sunset Shimmer said, "and we both think every one of us is ready."

"Darn tootin'!" Applejack agreed. "Best get started as early as possible before they're shipped off. I just hope all our trainin' will pay off given how little time we had."

"Those diesels can barely leave a mark on us," Rainbow Dash scoffed. "Now we can search the Island without any of them getting in our way. We're totally ready!"

"I'm not," Fluttershy muttered under her breath.

Rarity giggled. "Let's not dabble any longer, darlings. Edward and Henry are coming home! To our dimension, at least."

But Fluttershy could only whimper quietly to herself. She was afraid of heading out today. How could she help save her friends if her brakes still weren't working? Twilight assured they'd keep on training along the way, but still Fluttershy remained indifferent.

Pinkie Pie was up on an engine hoist when her back buffers slipped off, causing her to summersault back down onto the tracks with a hefty landing.

"Operation Save Henry And Edward Is A Go!" She announced, excitedly.

Just then, a diesel horn caught everyone off guard and alerted.

"'Ello, everyone! Lookie what I brought!"

Paxton the diesel pulled in next to Sunset with five flatbeds coupled up behind him. Each flatbed was loaded with six brown crates with official railway insignia markings and logos. Everyone was relieved and happy to see it was only Paxton. Then their curiosity shifted to his train of cargo boxes.

"Is… Is this the shipment of engine parts I order?" Sir Topham Hatt asked, approached Paxton's shipment with amazement.

"Only half, Sir!" Paxton explained. "They were being unloaded at the Docks. The rest is still on it's way according to the dock manager."

"How did it get here so quick?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"Guess the other shipments are further away than this one," Sunset said.

"They were going to throw 'em all away too. So, I told the crewmen that I'd take 'em to the scrapyard myself. Only, I didn't!" Paxton chuckled. "I sure fooled them, didn't I?"

Workmen sent over to Paxton's flatbeds and started unloading the crates.

"Good job, Paxton!" Sir Topham Hatt said. "We have just enough parts to keep some of us going for just a little longer."

"Yippie! More Parts For Us To Break… In!" Pinkie Pie corrected before giggling.

"Yeehaw! Didn't I say you'd be better off with us than Diesel?" Applejack complimented. "We're all mighty thankful for this, Paxton."

The rest of the Girls agreed and continued congratulating Paxton on pulling threw for them. Paxton beamed a humble smile. He was proud to be of help, but was still worried about Diesel. He wanted to tell them about his frequent trips to the Magic Railroad, especially after receiving compliments from everyone. But Paxton couldn't bring himself to do so.

The Girls noticed his distress and wondered what was going on.

"Is something wrong, Paxton?" Twilight asked.

Paxton was red in the face. He didn't want to rat out Diesel. But If anyone could help Diesel, perhaps these Girls could do so. But what if they get Diesel into trouble? Paxton knew Diesel being the way he is wasn't his fault. It was the Siren's work, just he was told. He didn't want his new friends to hurt Diesel if this was the case though. Whatever may happen to his friends, Paxton knew he had to help the Girls prevent Adagio's invasion, especially after unknowingly playing a part in furthering her's and Diesel's schemes.

After looking back at everyone waiting to hear something from him, especially from Sir Topham Hatt, Paxton finally felt pressured to spill the beans.


Later on, Twilight, Sunset and the others traveled down the mainline on their way to Ffarquhar Quarry. Sir Topham Hatt rode with Spike who was still coupled up to Fluttershy. He allowed them to leave the Steamworks under the condition that they avoid running into any accidents. The Girls agreed and tried their best to be careful out on the tracks. Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash an Applejack especially minded their pacing and speed.

After learning what Paxton told them, the Girls knew they had to get Edward and Henry right away, and left without a second thought. The group suspected that Diesel's been sneaking off to Canterlot High in search of Thomas and the other steamies. Especially Sunset, who wouldn't stop insisting that one of them travel back home to see if this was the case.

"I can't believe Diesel's been sneaking off to our world!" Sunset grumbled to herself. "As soon as I see that snide, overgrown, nasally little-"

"Sunset," Twilight reminded. "We promised Paxton we wouldn't hurt him."

"But he's after Thomas and our friends! Don't you see; Gisborne, or the Siren, or whatever, ordered him to kidnap them."

"And how's he gonna do that? Like he's gonna drag them all back by himself?" Rainbow Dash asked, jokingly. "Now that I'd pay to see."

"We'll worry about Diesel later. Right now, we have more important objectives to complete first," Twilight instructed.

"Agreed," Sir Topham Hatt said. "My engines can take care of themselves. They're perfectly safe in your world after all, Right?"

"I guess," Sunset said, doubtfully.

"I don't care what kind of power this Siren has, I know Diesel would never bring severe harm on my engines; no matter how gruff he comes off."

Sunset sighed then smiled. "Right. Okay."

The seven engines came to a stop under a signal gantry.

"Operation Face Off With Devious Diesel Is Adjourned!" Pinkie Pie said, playfully. "Initiating Operation Save Edward & Henry! What's Our First Order Of Business, Commander Twilight?!"

"Fluttershy," Twilight began. "Think you can call those birds again? We'll need them to scout the area."

"No problem!"

Fluttershy used her Geode lantern to signal Mr. and Mrs. Birdie, who flew in and perched on top of her footplate while greeting her with friendly chirps.

"Em, didn't Fluttershy's birds not help much in your search before?" Sir Topham Hatt asked. "Are you sure they can locate my engines this time?"

"We Did Get Duck, Oliver, Toad, Donald & Douglas To Help Our Fueling Problem Because Of Their Confusion At Least!" Pinkie Pie said.

"And gained portable cellphones outta Fluttershy's birds!" Rainbow Dash added.

"They'll be provided with accurate descriptions of which engines in particular we're searching for this time," Rarity assured.

Twilight chimed in. "Having aerial observation in the form of endothermic vertebrates makes for great use of ascertaining pinpoints in an unobtrusive reconnaissance. They'll search from the skies so we won't end up running into any… more-"

Twilight and the others were alarmed when the group heard animal calls that didn't belong to birds.

Everyone looked over to Fluttershy who was now covered from funnel to footplate with various families of woodland animals. Birds, deers, squirrels, ducks, bunnies, chipmunks, foxes and owls stood, laid, and perched themselves all over her engine. There wasn't a single space not covered with a woodland animal happily loitering near Fluttershy and her flowing Geode lantern.

"Uh, Fluttershy," Twilight said.

A few animals cried in many of their callings. Fluttershy was a bit embarrassed but happy to be surrounded by animals who seemed eager to add their support.

"I'm sorry," Fluttershy said. "I did invite Mr. and Mrs. Birdie. But it didn't want the other precious little critters feeling left out."

"So, you invited the whole forest?" Rainbow Dash said.

"This is great, actually," Sunset said. "More animals mean more eyes keeping a look out for us. Good thinking, Fluttershy."

Fluttershy beamed. The animals cheered while Fluttershy adored each and every critter eager to help.

A family of Squirrels stood in front of Spike and gazed at the little purple and green brakevan. Spike glared at the bunch and tried lurching forward multiple times to reach them. But Spike soon remembered that not only was he still coupled up to Fluttershy, but he couldn't chase after them even if he wanted to. The family of squirrels laughed in their chirps.

"Easy now, Spike," Sir Topham Hatt warned. "They're here to help us, remember?"

"Hmph." Spike mopped. "Laugh while you can, Squirrels. If I weren't chained up, I'd be chasing you across the Island!"


The animals all agreed to help the Girls find Edward and Henry after a brief description before taking off into the woods again. The Signal lights finally allowed the group to continue on their trek. On their way near Thomas' Branchline, Fluttershy saw two birds hover down and chirped alarmingly to her face.

Fluttershy gasped. "Oh, no! We have to stop, now!"

But her warning was to late. Sunset, Twilight and the rest were already chuffing towards three diesels from a head of the line.

One of these diesels approaching Sunset, Twilight, and Fluttershy was BoCo. Next to him were two BR 11001 diesel shunters, Dennis & Norman. They were charging fast as they had not spotted the group of steam engines yet. Everyone but Fluttershy applied their brakes. Twilight called out for Fluttershy and Spike to stop but they couldn't. Fluttershy was afraid. She kept nearing BoCo, Norman and Dennis, who quickly applied their brakes upon seeing the little engine speeding after them. Spike tried keeping them from colliding, but only managed to have her front buffer gently biff against Norman's. Both groups had stopped merely inches from colliding into one another.

Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer and Fluttershy stood face to face against BoCo and the two diesel shunters, who soon scowled at the group upon realizing who they were.

"Hey!" BoCo leered. "You're the rogue steamies sending diesels off the tracks!"

"BoCo?" Sir Topham Hatt said. "Is that you?"

"Sir Topham Hatt!" BoCo boomed. "I should've known you were behind this. Wait until Mr. Gisborne hears about what you've been up to."

"You don't understand, BoCo, Mr. Gisborne is under someone else's control just as you are."

"Mr. Gisborne wants you all off his Railway. We ask that you and your steamies stand down and leave Sodor forever."

"Or what?" Sunset Shimmer retorted, bravely.

"Or we'll escort you to the smelters ourselves with those other two steamies," BoCo threatened.

Twilight Sparkle was alerted. "Other steamies? You mean Edward and Henry?! You know where they are?"

BoCo scorned. "I do. But don't expect any disclosure on their whereabouts. Your little operation here is finished. Time to surrender."

The Girls, looking unimpressed, simply waited until Twilight gave the word.

"Girls," She said. "You know the drill."

And on that, everyone charged and began biffing and bashing back at BoCo, Norman and Dennis.


It didn't take much to overwhelm the three, but the three diesels soon recovered and made haste once the Girls saw a chance to flee. They circled the group around the mainline, chasing after one another until Twilight and her friends gained the upper hand and managed to biff Norman and Dennis off their tracks when Sunset and Applejack were dangerously cornered with no way out. BoCo chased after the Girls until they all found themselves puffing down Thomas' Branchline. Their paths were a bit condensed with not much room for track, but everyone still managed to evade BoCo's pursuit for the most part. They pushed and jerked and biffed one another, all while on lookers at nearby stations scratched their heads over the group of steam engines and diesel engine chasing one another.

At last, BoCo found that he couldn't take on everyone by himself and decided to stand down. He stood with a few scuffs around his engine surrounded by The Girls who stopped and parked in front of him.

"Hopefully that'll finally teach y'all not to mess with us," Applejack said.

Each of the Girls taunted him as well after feeling victorious. BoCo simply glared daggers while feeling disgraced.

"No more running," Twilight threatened. "Tell us where our friends are!"

"Like I'd ever tell it to a bunch of weak steamies."

"You mean the weak steamies who made due of seamlessly dealing with your fellow diesels?" Rarity said, insulted.

Sunset tried approaching BoCo to connect with his buffers and use her Geode lantern on him. But every time she got near him, BoCo simply biffed Sunset back, barely giving her enough time to tap into his vision. Sir Topham Hatt leaned out and looked over the diesel with concern. He didn't like the Girl's resorting to this kind of retaliation and felt sorry for him. But BoCo only glared at his former controller.

"I can't imagine how disappointed the Railway Company must be," He scorned to Sir Topham. "You bring shame to all Railway Controllers. All this, so you can have your Railway back? Think about that the next time you send another steamie to do your dirty work."

And on that, BoCo blew his horn and scurried off.

Sir Topham Hatt leaned on his back and exhaled a sorrowful sigh with hands buried in his face. He knew all their efforts would eventually everything gone awry, but Sir Topham Hatt felt terrible for braking so many rules. What would the Railway Company say about this, about his actions against Gerard Gisborne? He didn't know, and didn't want to; for it only made him feel worse.

The Girls felt sorry for Sir Topham Hatt. They didn't quite know what to say. So, Twilight, sharing looks with Sunset, thought of an idea to hopefully make their plan of action that much easier.

BoCo hurried to the Dieselworks to tell Adagio about the steam engines before suddenly stopping. To his surprise, a cloud of green, sparkling mist began form, and streamed over to the skies in a collective batch. BoCo was confused by this. He'd never seen this happen before.


The Girls found themselves at Ffarquhar Quarry where Mavis the Quarry Diesel was working. She spotted her friends entering the quarry and panicked a little.

"No, no!"

Mavis hurried over to the single road shed where Bill & Ben were being kept. Bill spotted the Girls entering the yard through their door and eagerly pushed it open for him and his twin Ben to puff out.

"Hey, Bill!" Ben chuckled. "The magic engines are back again."

"Ah, are they?" Bill chuckled too. "Did they bring any new magic tricks with them?"

"Probably a kitty cat turned into a truck to go along with the brakevan dog."

The two kept laughing and throwing jokes until they spotted Mavis reversing into them. Mavis quickly biffed Bill back into the shed, who then bumped into Ben upon doing so and staggered both engines.

"Mavis?!" Bill said. "What're you-"

"Not now, you two!" Mavis informed.

"But it's only those weird magic girls," Ben said.

"Not with him around!"

"Is everything alright, Mavis?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

Surprised, Mavis looked over and saw the Girls had already parked near the shed and were each gave her weird looks. Twilight was parked in front of Mavis and her shed while Sunset parked beside Applejack and behind Pinkie Pie. Fluttershy and Spike stood next to Rarity with Rainbow Dash parked behind. Pinkie Pie was happy to see Bill & Ben again.

"Hi, Bill! Hi, Ben!" She exclaimed while whistling. "I Know You're Still Hiding In Mavis' Shed!"

A frantic Mavis tried to shush her but Pinkie Pie kept yelling and blowing her whistle in excitement, which echoed all across the cavern for almost anyone nearby to hear. Bill & Ben pushed against Mavis, giving her a bit of a jolt, and emerged from the shed to face everyone.

"Oh, hello, Pinkie!" Ben said. "Look Bill, it's that witch engine that faked us out days ago."

"I remember, Ben," Bill said, irritably. "It was rather funny. Even though I haven't the slightest idea how she done it."

"I Can Teach It To You Some Time!" She suggested. "Though It's Not As Easy As It Looks."

"Bill & Ben?" Sir Topham Hatt said, leaning out from Spike. "You're still on Sodor as well?"

"Sir?!" Both said aloud. "What're you doing with them?"

"Shhh!" Mavis hissed. "Now's not the time! You girls really shouldn't be here!"

"But we need your help!" Twilight said. "You're the only other diesel we can trust."

"We thought you'd wanna know that we also ran into yer old pal BoCo on the way," Applejack said.

Mavis was shocked. Even Bill & Ben were surprised. Sir Topham Hatt was still shamed from BoCo's comments and only hung his head. Sunset shared a concerned look with Twilight.

"I'm sorry, Mavis. He really is completely under her control," Sunset confirmed, sympathetically.

"Oh, deer," Mavis sighed is dismay. "I secretly hoped I was wrong. He didn't hurt you, did he?"

"We scared him off more like," Rarity said.

"You girls scared off BoCo?" Ben asked with a scoff. "Nothing scares BoCo."

"Did he infect you all with his diseasel?" Bill teased.

"Enough, you two!" Mavis insisted. "Girls, I'd love to help, I do, but we can't discuss this here. Sir, you have to get them out."

Everyone wondered what's gotten Mavis so paranoid, until they heard faint engine revving.

Whistling to himself, Derek was blissfully pulling a train of empty trucks when he came upon the group of steam engines. The Girls were alerted to the approaching diesel and stood their ground in case they needed to fight back. But Derek only grew more nervous from counting the number of steamies just casually parked in the middle of the quarry and staring him down with glaring focus. What were they doing here? Why were they here?

He stopped underneath the two-road shed while stuttering and stammering with incomplete wording.

"Haachiba! Wha-what? W-What are they doing here?!"

"Derek, calm down," Mavis assured. "They're friends."

"B-b-but… they're not allowed on Sodor. No steam engine is. We have to tell someone."

"In your dreams, evil diesel!" Rainbow Dash said, hissing steam. "I'll send you packing before you can tell anyone."

"No, don't!" Ben said.

"Derek's our friend too!" Bill said.

"Bill & Ben too?!" Derek panicked. "How many of you are there?!"

"Oh, deer," Mavis rolled her eyes.

Things were getting out of control. The confusion over Mavis hiding Bill & Ben and casually talking with the trouble making steam engines was too much for Derek. What would Gisborne or the other diesels say if they knew about this? Derek didn't know how to handle them. He wanted to turn them in but didn't have the courage to do so. Then, his cooling system began to gargle and cough.

"… Uh-oh."

The Girls didn't know what was causing these strange noises until they looked over Derek and his jittering engine, which stalled to a complete pop. Thick, black smoke billowed out from his back-exhaust engine. Derek's face was now green all over.

Mavis sighed in frustration. "And this is what I was trying to avoid."

Everyone looked at each other and realized what she meant. His bellowing smoke reeked of burning oil.

"Hoh!" Derek moaned. "There goes my engine again. That's the fifth time this week."

"I told you not to panic if you happen to run into any of them, Derek," Mavis said.

"That was before I knew you were cahooting with the rogue steamies."

"Egh!" Rarity said. "Having fingers to plug this retched stench would be much obliged right about now."

This didn't make Derek feel great about his breakdown. He appeared greatly upset, enough for Fluttershy to take notice and show deep concern for.

"Oh, you poor thing. Are you okay?"

Fluttershy slowly chuffed over to a downcast Derek even though everyone urged her to stay away. Despite Derek's immobility, the Girl's weren't comfortable seeing Fluttershy approach this random diesel like some injured animal.

"Fluttershy, Stay Away! Don't Catch His Diseasel!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Want us to handle him, Mavis?" Applejack asked.

"No, it's okay," She said. "Derek's no harm to us."

"Not like he's going anywhere, anyways," Sunset commented.

Derek took offence to their comments. Spike couldn't stop Fluttershy from approaching him even as she gently biffed against his buffers.

"What's wrong with your engine, Derek?"

He shied away. "I-I have teething troubles."

"That's Weird," Pinkie Pie said. "Usually I Don't Cough Icky Black Smoke Whenever I Have A Tooth Ache."

"No, it means my cooling system isn't working. It overheats whenever I push myself too much or get, well, you know."

"Ah, typical Derek," Ben teased.

"Always breaking down," Bill added.

"Is there anyway it can be fixed?" Fluttershy asked. "Maybe there's something we can do to help."

"I'd have to be taken to the Dieselworks for repairs. Only they can prolong my next breakdown." Derek felt something suspicious from this small steamie. "Say, why does a steamie like you wanna help me anyway?"

Fluttershy beamed, "You look like you could really use it. It shouldn't matter what engine we are either. I'm happy to make sure you're better again. Especially seeing how troubling this must be. No one should have to go through this kind of breakdown alone."

"Really? But I was maybe, sorta... a-about gonna turn you over."

"Do you still want to?"

Derek looked over to Bill & Ben and their worried glances, then back at Fluttershy and her innocent smile. He wasn't going to say anything about Bill & Ben, but still felt a necessity to report sightings of her group at once. But seeing how friendly this engine was made him second guess himself.

"Uh. I-I guess not." He didn't know what to feel, but was grateful either way. "Um, thanks, small steamie."

"Oh," She giggled. "You can just call me Fluttershy."

Derek smiled back. He honestly didn't know how to react to her kindness at first. But seeing her willingness to help a diesel that her friends accused of being evil made him feel special somehow. Derek knew he shouldn't be confiding with steamies, especially the ones causing trouble, but who was he to denounce Fluttershy and her kindness.

But then, his eyes widened upon repeating her name back to himself. Where did he hear that name before? There was something about its oddness that sounded so recently familiar.

"Fluttershy? Your name is… Fluttershy?"

"Mmm-Hmm."

"Yeah, yeah, we get it," Rainbow Dash said, rolling her eyes. "Our names are weird and yours is apparently 'normal'."

"It's just that, well, Henry said something about a Fluttershy. Are you her?"

Fluttershy gasped with widened eyes.

"Henry?" Everyone else but Derek exclaimed at once.

"You know Henry?" She asked.

"Uh, sorta?"

"And you've spoken to him recently, Derek?!" Sir Topham Hatt said.

"Well, yeah. I see him and this blue engine over at the Dieselworks all the-" Derek soon stopped himself from saying anymore. "... Uh-oh."

This made the Girls nearly jump in their wheels. At last, they finally had their first lead on Henry since their arrival. Derek was a bit startled even when he looked over everyone and their urgent expressions. The Girls wanted to know how this came about and where he saw Henry.

"Henry's at the Dieselworks?!" Fluttershy beamed.

"Along with Edward!" Twilight said. "We did! We know where they are."

The Girls cheered and whistled in excitement. This was the first good news they've had in a while. Even Mavis, Bill & Ben joined in.

"Thank you so much, Derek," Fluttershy said, kindly. "We've been looking for them for quite a while."

"No, no, no! I shouldn't have told you that."

"It's okay, Derek" Mavis assured again. "Two engines are going to be saved thanks to you."

"Look at Derek accidentally aiding their little resistance," Bill teased. "Eh, Ben?"

"Quite right, Bill. Welcome to the anti magic diesel club, Derek!"

The two twins laughed but Derek was red in the face with shame. He had just disclosed Edward and Henry's location to the steam engines Gisborne had labelled unwelcomed guest. This bit of information really did unintentionally aid their search. What would Gisborne or any of the other diesels say about this? They wouldn't classify him as a real diesel now.

"So, they were keeping them at a dieselworks?" Twilight Sparkle pondered. "Guess it would be the most difficult place to escape from."

"The Dieselworks is also where the Siren's hiding," Sunset Shimmer said. "I saw her there through Diesel's vision last time."

"Too bad she ain't gonna make breakin' 'em out any easier," Applejack said.

"Especially Since The Diesels We've Fought Are Now ALL Waiting At The Dieselworks To Get Revenge On Us For Being Humiliated By A Bunch Of Steamie Beanies, And Make Sure It Never Happens Again!" Pinkie Squeed.

The Girls shared looks of concern and fear. This aspect was in deed going to make their rescue attempt much more difficult. They couldn't just puff in and grab them without going through a cuffuffle.

"Not gonna lie," Spike said. "I was with everyone up until the 'diesels wanting revenge' speech."

"Who cares how many are after us!" Rainbow Dash said. "I say bring 'em on! Nothing's stopping us from springing our friends out!"

"Please, you can't tell anyone what I told you," Derek said, sincerely. "I don't want any diesel thinking me a traitor. What they already think of me is bad enough."

"I'm sorry, Derek," Sir Topham Hatt shook his head. "But we need to rescue them, urgently."

Derek looked downcast again until Fluttershy spoke sweetly.

"And you wouldn't be a traitor, Derek. You'd actually be helping us rescue diesels from the Siren's control."

Mavis chuckled as she purred forward. "And I may know just how to pull this off!"


At last, BoCo arrived at the Vicarstown Dieselworks and rolled across the busy junction straight into the main building. He parked in front of the elevating turntable and called out to Adagio Dazzle.

"Hey, you! Gisborne's engine."

Adagio emerged from the shadow and into the overhead light on top the platform.

"Just Adagio will suffice," She corrected with disdain.

"Sir Topham Hatt!" BoCo panted to get out. "He's got a whole group of steamies! They're causing all our accidents, with weird powers, trying to find Edward and Henry!"

Adagio grimaced over to her left and thought to herself. She knew that the steam engines running a muck on Sodor were Sunset Shimmer and her friends. But she also hoped that they weren't close to interfering with her plans. Adagio only needed the Girls for one thing only, and hearing they were on the look out for Edward and Henry made her worry a bit.

Meanwhile, Edward and Henry were still sitting in the same spots under the smelting warehouse collecting dust. The loud foundry noises clanging and casting in the background weren't comforting to the two engines.

After delivering his warning to Adagio, BoCo had arrived to pick up a flatbed with diesel parts to fix up a few dents he received earlier. Edward saw BoCo approaching the warehouse and giving him dirty looks on the way. Edward did the same before deciding against resorting to such after feeling ashamed for doing so. It didn't feel right having bad thoughts about an old friend.

"So, you're still here, huh?" He asked, rudely. "Thought you'd be gone and out of the way already."

"Sorry to disappoint you, BoCo," Henry fired back.

"Whatever. If you weren't taking up so much space, half of us would be back to work by now."

"BoCo," Edward tried to reach out. "You don't honestly mean all of that, do you?"

"I have important work on this Railway and no steamie's gonna hold me back. You and your kind have done enough of that to this Railway already."

"But we're your friends, BoCo," He said, sincerely. "We always have. Don't you remember?"

BoCo shied away and remained focused on his flatbed while thinking to himself. He felt a sharp pain in his head after hearing Edward's plea. And the pain intensified the more memories of him and Edward riffle through his thoughts.

"Please, don't be like this," Edward pleaded. "You can fight the Siren's influence. Don't turn your backs on us now. Not when we really need a friend."

But the pain stopped only when BoCo continued his resentment over his former friends.

"The days of steam are done, Edward. And my only concern is with my own kind. It's our time to move on without any you."

BoCo blew his horn and took off to get mended. Edward looked downcast. BoCo's mind had been completely warped. This was too much for him to accept.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Edward," Henry said, feeling bad for him.

"BoCo used to be such a nice diesel," Edward said, reflecting. "Now he's just as aggressive and cold as Diesel."

"I really do hope Fluttershy and the others come for us soon."

"I wouldn't count on it if I were you," called a voice from afar.

The two engines were surprised when they looked across the yard and saw Adagio Dazzle chuffing up to and rolling onto Edward's line.

Suddenly, Edward's magic tracker began beeping and blinking a pink light within his cab again the closer Adagio got. An engineer, annoyed with the repetitive beeping, climbed into Edwards cab and fiddled with the controls until the beeping stopped. The beeping and blinking light diminished right as Adagio parked in front of the two engines with a devious smile. She was accompanied by two diesel two diesel locomotives who parked nearby.

Henry was nervous while Edward tried putting on a brave face.

"Looks like your friends finally made it to this puny world," Adagio smirked. "Already they've been causing quite the racket. They really do have a knack for stirring up conflict, don't they?"

"What do you mean?" Henry asked.

"Which group of friends do you know that can conquer unpredictable magic when they all get together?"

Edward's eyes widened after realizing which group of friends she meant.

"Twilight! Henry, our friends from Canterlot High are here!"

"They did come to rescue us!" Henry said, beaming with hope. "Hooray!"

"Don't get your hopes up," Adagio taunted. "They've no doubt arranged to reunite you with those other pathetic steamies. That's not going to happen on my watch."

"We'll see about that!" Edward argued.

"Fluttershy will free us," Henry agreed. "And our friends will join together again to put a stop to all this."

"Nothing can prevent what's coming, not with both your groups finally separated. Those girls are now providing me magic while your little train friends hide like cowards back in their dimension."

"Thomas and the others are no cowards when it comes to the likes of you," Edward defended.

A few diesels nearby overheard this and laughed in condescending cackles. Even some of the engineers broke out into an unsettling laughter over their claims. Henry and Edward looked at each other, a little uncomfortable with everyone's teasing. It was clear Adagio wasn't impressed or intimidated by their claims either and enjoyed taunting their clueless state.

"A bunch of trains can't be that special if they're unable to retaliate my reign on their own whims. They need 'friendship' to conjure magic. Quite sad if that's their only means."

"Why are you even telling us this is what I wanna know," Henry asked, losing patience.

"Because any hope of a reunion is pointless. My magic grows stronger with each passing day, and I have Sunset Shimmer and her friends to thank for it."

"But they're not even arguing. Sunset told us you only use conflict to power your gem."

Adagio chuckled. "Do you really expect an accurate depiction of my full extent from human scum like her?"

"Then why do you need their magic if you can't get them to argue?" Edward asked.

"There's more than one way to manifest conflict. But this world's magic is more complicated than Canterlot High's. Since my voice can't yet charm every inhabitant, I discovered that a more physical approach is required."

Edward and Henry shared worried glances while connecting the dots.

"In the long run; every diesel that's sent back to this dump after a physical confrontation is another dish of conflict adding strength to my voice."

"You mean," Edward began. "So long as our friends keep fighting back against the diesels-"

"The more their interference will create enough negative energy to restore my pendant back to it's true Equestrian magic!" Adagio creased a sinister grin.

Henry and Edward were shocked. Twilight and their friend's efforts to save them by fighting back against diesels was only making Adagio stronger with each diesel that's thrown off the tracks. Edward knew he needed to tell them this. But he couldn't. Neither him or Henry had any fuel to move, let alone escape themselves.

Then the two engines looked to the sky and saw clouds of sparkling green mist floating over towards their vicinity. Adagio's pure red lantern glistened as it sensed its incoming power.

"Speaking of which." Adagio said before closing her eyes.

The green mist flowed into Adagio's lantern, filling it with all the physical and negative encounters the Girls have been conquering earlier this day. When at last the lantern was filled from their recent brawl, Adagio Dazzle opened her eyes again and smirked a devilish grin.

"I can already taste the fresh batch they've delivered."

Adagio's laugh quietly and slowly echoed into a cackle. She reversed backwards down the line, leaving Edward and Henry speechless and afraid of her increasing power and unsettling, sinister cackle.


To Be Continued.