• Published 13th Jan 2019
  • 3,200 Views, 103 Comments

Thomas & Equestria Girls 2: Adventures From Sodor - LPFanFic



The Equestria Girls travel to the Island of Sodor to stop an old enemy and their devastating scheme. All while Thomas and his friends try to find purpose in an ever changing world.

  • ...
 103
 3,200

Chapter 7: The Famous Tank Engine

Thomas & Equestria Girls 2:
Adventures From Sodor!

Chapter 7: The Famous Tank Engine

Everyone's jaws collectively dropped. Their eyes widened in disbelief, Thomas' especially. How did Juniper Montage know his name?

"It can't be," She said, inspecting him with as much disbelief. "Can it?"

"H-how do you know my name?" Thomas asked, speechless.

Juniper gasped, excitedly. "It really is you!"

Everyone shared confused, collective glances to one another, trying to decipher this. Sunset Shimmer and her friends didn't know what to think. Neither did the Engines, who've never even seen this girl before and wondered how she knew their Canterlot High friends. Juniper became giddy.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" She began hopping with arms pressed against her chest. "I can't believe it! Is this for real?! Are you actually him?!"

"Uh, Juniper," Twilight Sparkle said. "What are you taking about?"

Juniper scoffed. "Don't you all know who this is?! It's Thomas the Tank Engine!"

She squealed and giggled with joy.

"What?!"

The courtyard was an echo of everybody shouting out the exact same response.

Thomas was a little freaked out. Juniper Montage knows his name; someone he hasn't met yet that wasn't from his world. Thomas and the others couldn't think of any other explanation as to why she guessed his name right off the bat. This was just as strange for the Girls. Did she hear about the Engines during their time at Canterlot High?

"But wait," Juniper said. "You're not real. So, how are you here? And why are you a person? Unless... The portal!"

She ran over to the Wondercolt Statue, swirled her hand inside the portal leading to Equestria then took it out.

"You're from another world, aren't you? Just like Sunset Shimmer. Which means," She gasped. "The Country of Sodor is real?! Are you really a talking engine?!"

"Now hold on a minute there, Juniper," Applejack said. "Just how in hay do you know Thomas and Sodor for that matter?"

"Am I really the only one who watched Thomas & His Adventures From Sodor here? Don't you hear his voice? It's like it was ripped straight from tv screen."

"What do you mean, Juniper?" Thomas asked.

"You're Thomas the Tank Engine! I watch your show like all the," Juniper quickly corrected herself and bashfully hid her arms behind her back. "I mean, I-I use to watch your show, every Saturday morning when I was little."

"My show?" Thomas eyes widened. "I have a show?! Like a performance?"

"No, no, a tv show. You know, moving pictures on a small box?" She turned to the Girl. "Sunset, why didn't you tell me it was Thomas and Sodor that you were thinking of visiting?"

The Girls started becoming suspicious. There were only very few people in their world that they've told about Thomas really being a tank engine, and Juniper wasn't one of them. 'How much else did she know?' What if Juniper was up to something? Both Sunset and Twilight saw her excitement might leading to trouble. Now that she was catching on, there was no telling who else she might share this with. They had to maintain this secret. Sunset nodded to Twilight upon realizing this.

"Um, Juniper," Twilight tried correcting. "Thomas is obviously just a friend from out of town; like Sunset said. Why are you mistaking him for a fictional television character?"

Juniper snorted in her giggle.

"Oh, you can't fool me. I know its him. And he's not just any television character, he's the famous Thomas The Tank Engine." She wrapped an arm around Thomas. "The star of his very own, beloved children's cartoon from my childhood!"

The Engines and Girls were still baffled to no end. No more than Thomas was, who couldn't wrap his head around what Juniper's been saying. The star of his own kid's cartoon? How was it that his world is now somehow intertwined with Sunset and Twilight's dimension in a bizarre way, by finding out he's apparently a famous cartoon character. Neither of his Canterlot High friends seemed to know of this show's existence either, as they themselves were in need of some clarification.

"Okay, hold on," Sunset said, still trying to process this. "I have a lot of questions."

"I second that," Twilight Sparkle chimed.


The Girls and Engines tried clearing some confusion by filling Juniper Montage in on Thomas and Sodor. They explained that the Engines are in deed from another world, and how they met Thomas at Canterlot High when he came to stop Sodor and their school from being destroyed. Everything from Thomas' world seemed to almost match everything Juniper shared about his television show. The talking trains, Sodor, and the adventures they shared were all spot on. The Engines were just as surprised. They too thought their world and Canterlot High were completely different, how the only connection they had was the Magic Railroad. Even though Thomas and his friends having their own show was cleared up, it still begged the question of how it came to be in the world of Canterlot. Who came up with Thomas, how did his show become so famous, how is it so accurate to what happened in their reality?

"Oooohhhh, Wait A Minute," Pinkie Pie chimed. "I Know What She's Talking About Now."

"You do?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Of Course! Thomas & His Adventures From Sodor! I Use To Watch That Show When I Was Little! They Literally Played It Like AAAALLLL The Time."

Everyone stared at Pinkie Pie in pure bafflement. Why did she not bring this up when they all first met Thomas? Her interactions with him suddenly made a bit more sense. Pinkie Pie saw everyone looking at her and shrugged with confusion.

"What? I Don't Watch It Anymore. But I Do Have Super Douper Fond Memories Watching It! Like That One Episode Where Thomas Went Fishing But Ended Up Getting Fish Stuck In His Water Tank!" She giggled. "Or When Thomas Raced Bertie To See Who Was The Fastest!"

"But those actually happened!" Percy said. "At least in our world they did."

"How do people here know everything we've done though?" James asked.

Hearing their voices, Juniper turned to the rest of the Engines with her jaw dropping.

"Oh. My. Gosh! Your friends are here too!" She hopped and squealed.

"Ugh, could someone please calm her down," Gordon said, with his ears shut.

"Sorry, Gordon," she said, bashfully. "I mean, you're Sodor's big and strong Express engine after all. How could I not get excited over meeting you all in person?"

"Oh, well. I guess you were right to call attention to my greatness," Gordon boasted, flattered by her compliments. "And I am rather strong, aren't I."

Juniper then went up to all the Engines and introduced herself.

"Yup. I remember all of you alright. There's Toby; the wise tram engine."

"Oh!" Toby was flattered too.

"Then there's Percy." Juniper pinched his cheek, "The cute one."

Astounded at first, Percy then giggled and held his cheek when Juniper moved on.

"Who could forget James the splendid red engine?"

James was about to boast until Emily permitted him.

"Don't even start, James."

"Uh, Emily, right?" Juniper asked. "Sorry. You were introduced way later in the show, so it's kinda hard to remember."

"That's... okay," Emily didn't know how to feel. "Anyways, it's nice to meet you, Juniper."

"Same! I really do need to catch up on the episodes you've been in. You seem like a pretty good engine."

Emily smiled in response while Juniper looked around upon noticing something missing.

"Well, that just leaves Edward and Henry. Are they back on Sodor?"

Twilight and Sunset shared worried glances.

"We might as well tell her," Sunset said.

"Tell me what?"

"They are on Sodor," Twilight said, dejectedly. "We just don't know for how much longer."

Sunset approached Juniper and wrapped an arm around her. She explained everything going on with the Island of Sodor's current state. Juniper was surprised. She was already shocked to hear that Sodor was a real place in another dimension, but hearing it was currently under the rule of a magical Siren made her even more so. Everything taking place over on Sodor hasn't been portrayed yet in this world's the cartoon. Juniper thought why that is, since everything else she's seen from the show had already taken place in their world based on what Sunset and Thomas disclosed. She was extra shocked to hear about Edward and Henry.

"Oh, no!" She said, now worried too. "Are they gonna be okay?"

"We don't know," Sunset said, uncertain. "That's what we're on our way to find out."

"What about Sir Topham Hatt? He wouldn't have them all sent away, would he? He loves his engines."

"Sir was replaced with some guy who as a thing against steam engines," Emily said.

"We still don't know what intentions the Siren had for doing any of that though," Toby said. "Perhaps she figured diesels are more rough and tough, allowing her to consume more negativity."

"This is sounding more like a trap to me," Sunset theorized. "What if she's just using our friends as bait to lure us over to Sodor? Maybe that's why she sent Diesel to Canterlot High. Cause she knew he'd spill the beans about their world."

"Wouldn't she had to have known of our affiliation with Sodor in order to implement something so elaborate?" Twilight asked.

"She must've been on Sodor for quite some time then," James added. "Maybe she heard about you through us?"

"This is terrible!" Juniper gripped her hair. "If something happens to Sodor, who's to say the show won't come to an end along with it?!"

She stopped freaking out and looked over at The Girls raising a brow and crossing arms over her statement.

Juniper smiled sheepishly. "But, you know, that's not what's important."

But even the Engines and Girls all pondered for a bit over the possibility.

"Has anything involving the Magic Railroad ever occurred on the show before?" Twilight asked Juniper.

"Oh, right." She rubbed the back of her head, "Yeah, we don't talk about that, actually."

"You sure know quite a lot about us, huh Juniper?" Thomas said.

"Guess you could call me an avid fan," She smiled. "Even though some kids kinda made fun of me for liking a show mostly aimed at boys. But what can I say? I know what I like."

"Well, I don't remember seeing any Thomas cartoon growing up," Rainbow Dash said.

"Me neither," Fluttershy said.

"Surely, any one of us would've at least heard of the show if it was that popular," Rarity said.

"Nobody ever talks about old shows that aren't mainstream or relevant enough," Juniper explained, fooling around on her phone. "Not unless they're being made into an upcoming movie that is!"

Juniper Montage whipped out her phone and held it in front of Thomas. Twilight, Sunset, and the others squeezed in to see what she was showing him. It was a movie poster for an upcoming Thomas feature film. Sunset immediately recognized it as the same poster she saw during her visit to the movie theater.

"That's what the poster was for?" Sunset said, stunned. "They're seriously making a Thomas movie, in our world?!"

"Wow! Can you guys believe it? Our own movie." Thomas chuckled, now a bit more excited, "I'm getting my own movie!"

"And guess what else?" Juniper encouraged. "My uncle is the film's director!"

"Canter Zoom is directing Thomas' movie?" Fluttershy said.

Juniper nodded. "It's gonna be huge! This is like the first time in forever they're making a true adaptation since-"

Thomas tuned out most of what Juniper was saying. He was only growing more and more excited over the idea of him being a famous television icon. Listening to her go on about his movie, Thomas stopped seeing his existence in this world as strange, and started becoming invested over the possibilities. How famous was he? How famous could he be with this new movie coming out? The Engines were still a little indifferent. They didn't really understand the whole concept of a movie that much and what the big deal was surrounding the show's supposed renaissance. It also seemed like Thomas was getting all the fame and attention out of it, which marked them with a little disdain towards the show.

"This is all so amazing! When's my movie coming out, Juniper?" Thomas asked. "I really wanna see it!"

"Your movie?" Gordon said in disgust. "We're in it too, you know. Having you as the lead star and your name in the title doesn't make the show or film just about you, Thomas."

"The movie isn't out yet, unfortunately," Juniper confirmed. "They've been behind schedule since the guy who was suppose to voice Thomas walked out on the film."

"Oohh, Juniper," Rarity said. "You should ask your uncle to give Thomas a part in the movie. Obviously, the starring role as himself is just too perfect of a casting choice to pass off."

"I'm not allowed on his movie sets anymore." Juniper crossed her arms and glared in annoyance. "Remember?"

Rarity and the other girls quickly retracted their suggestion, feeling a little embarrassed for bringing it up. Sunset Shimmer spoke to deviate the awkward silence.

"Well, as interesting as it was learning Thomas apparently exists as a cartoon character in our world, we should really start heading over to Sodor."

The Girls agreed, and went around saying their goodbyes to the Engines, sharing hugs and wishing each other good luck on their journey.


After their farewells wrapped up, Sunset approached Thomas next and gave him a set of keys.

"Here. You guys decide on who sleeps where. Just as long as you don't mess up my house, and make sure Ray is fed."

"Thanks, Sunset!"

"Y'all are more than welcomed to stay over at Sweet Apple Acers again too," Applejack offered to Toby. "Even texted Big Mac and asked if he'd mind givin' yah a ride to wherever you need."

"I am not sleeping in that old shed again," Gordon said. "I could still feel the cramps I got from laying flat on that filthy floor even when we returned home."

"Well, I on the other hand, would love to stay at Sweet Apple Acers again, Applejack," Toby said. "Count me in!"

Fluttershy suddenly gaped. "Oh no! I just remembered. What about the Crystal Race? We completely forgot about it!"

The Girls shared worried glances, now finding themselves in a bit of a pickle. They've been prepping for the Crystal Race for quite a while. With the new dilemma their Sodor friends are in, the Girls were too occupied to remember that they had a competition to compete in this week. The Girls didn't know what they should do. But Sunset did.

"Saving our friends is way more important," She finally said. "Their home is in danger. Including ours if the Siren has her way. Crystal Prep will just have to find another school to compete against."

Twilight and the others agreed without a second thought. Despite their concerns for Crystal Prep's fundraiser, their concerns over their friends greatly outweighed anything else at the moment.

"Thomas," Twilight Sparkle informed, "please tell Principal Celestia the news about your home, and that we won't be able to attend the Crystal Race because of it."

"What's a Crystal Race?" Thomas asked.

"A charity event Crystal Prep Academy's hosting. They asked us to participate in a series of games against their best students, the Shadowbolts, and raise money for better schooling across Canterlot."

"I didn't know there was another school around here," Gordon said.

"We were sorta hopping you wouldn't have to," Fluttershy slouched.

"Don't worry, Twilight. I'll be sure to tell Principal Celestia all about it." Thomas then paused for a second and pondered an alternative idea. "Unless..."

"Unless what?" Sunset asked, raising a suspicious brow.

"What if my friends and I took your place?!"

The Engines all looked surprised, especially the Girls. Given their lack of knowledge concerning their world and how it works, Thomas and his friends wouldn't be able to win a single round against Crystal Prep, especially against the Shadowbolts. Twilight and her friends knew all to well they would give their Sodor friends a rough time.

"No way," Sunset waved her arms in dismissal. "Absolutely not."

Thomas thought it was a good idea until seeing disapproving expressions from Twilight, Sunset, and their hesitant friends.

"Huh? Why not?" Thomas said, a little disappointed.

"Because some of us don't wanna get our new clothes dirty, Thomas!" James said. "Besides, who asked you to get us involved?"

Applejack groaned. "More importantly, the Shadowbolts aren't exactly the friendliest of competitors. They'll tear y'all a new one even by simply takin' a single step on their big fancy playin' field."

"These Crystal Prep people don't sound that intimidating to me," Emily said.

"They're Like Super Competitive!" Pinkie Pie said. "Dean Cadance May Be Their New Principal Now, But Those Crystal Preppers Sure Like Taking After The Last Principal Who Ran Their School."

"They're not too bad anymore," Twilight reasoned. "The Shadowbolts have even learned to water down their competitiveness. Still, I can't imagine you'll last very long in a heavy-handed competition."

Rainbow Dash scoffed. "Sure, they can! It's just a charity event. Thomas and our friends can totally handle the Shadowbolts."

Sunset rested a hand on Thomas' shoulder. "I know it's just a charity event, but knowing Crystal Prep, it's gonna feel more demanding than it needs to be."

"It won't just be physically challenging either," Rarity said. "Crystal Prep has a reputation. Science, mathematics, athletics, welding; things you and the others have a major disadvantage in."

Sunset rested her other hand on Thomas and tilted her head while speaking sincerely to her friend.

"Maybe don't put yourself or your friends through that. Promise not to get involved, Thomas. 'Kay?"

Thomas' head fell in disappointment. Competing in a charity event sounded like fun to him. But he was true to his word either way.

"Alrighty, everyone," Applejack said. "The Siren ain't gonna defeat themselves. Let's saddle up and mosey on over to the Island of Sodor."

"Wait!" Twilight said, skimming through a book. "I haven't finished memorizing the basics in my 'Everything you need to know about locomotives' book!"

But Sunset Shimmer took the book and tossed it away. "Guess you'll have to take a page out of mine and learn on the field."

"Hey! I'm coming too, aren't I?" Spike asked, after hopping up and down to get Twilight's attention. "Never know when you might need a trusty companion by your side."

"Of course, you're coming, Spike!" Twilight picked him up and scratched his belly. "I wouldn't go anywhere without the best canine companion I ever asked for."

Twilight scratched a happy Spike until the Girls rallied around her and Sunset, all ready to start their new Journey.

"Come on, girls!" Twilight exclaimed, trying to sound bold. "We've got a world to save!"

"Again," Rainbow Dash smiled with amusement.

Everyone gathered over on the eastern side of the Statue's base. The Engines said one last goodbye and waved at each of their friends about to leave their home of Canterlot, and Journey to another world they've never been before. Half the Girls were a bit excited in deed despite some apprehension. The only one whose been on the other side of this portal was Sunset. They've never even been to Equestria yet. If anything, their journey to Sodor might be their first step to crossing over onto another dimension.

"I'll go first," Sunset volunteered.

Entering Sodor was almost a breeze for her. Sunset still stood, took in and exhaled a breath in preparation. Then, pressing her hand against the surface, Sunset seeps into the portal and onto the other side.

"You next, Twilight," Rainbow Dash offered.

But Twilight, nervously hugging Spike, was still a bit apprehensive to enter at first. She had never been to another world before. And while this was an exciting breakthrough for someone intrigued by otherworldly anomalies, crossing over into other dimensions was only ever explored in a theoretical sense.

Twilight chuckled, nervously. "Okay. Here goes… know what, why don't we let someone else go in first?"

Suddenly, with the combined effort of Rainbow Dash and Applejack, both girls pushed Twilight and Spike into the portal and wiped their hands off.

"My Turn!"

Pinkie Pie shuffled through her friends and cannonballed into the portal.

"WHEEEEEE!"

After watching Pinkie dive in, Rainbow Dash and Applejack smiled and shrugged. Then the two friends stepped inside the portal. Fluttershy was also nervous to enter, as she pressed her arms against her chest and whimpered.

"Come, Fluttershy," Rarity said, boldly. "Our friends are counting on us. Henry and Edward are counting on us."

Fluttershy knew she had to go in eventually, and the mention of Henry motivated her to take a few cautioned steps towards the Statue's Base. Rarity gently took Fluttershy by the hand and guided her into the portal until both friends were no longer on school campus, leaving Juniper, Thomas and the other Engines to themselves.

"Wow!" Said a giddy Juniper. "And to think, on the other side of that portal is where the Country of Sodor lies."

"Um, I'm pretty sure you meant Island of Sodor," Toby corrected.

"So, what are we gonna do while they're busy saving our friends?" Thomas said, looking back at the others.

Juniper came up with an idea. "I know! The museum opened a Thomas exhibit for a limited time to promote the movie. Wanna check it out?"

"That sounds like a great idea," Emily supported. "At least we might understand how we're represented in this world a lot better by learning its history."

"Me too!" Thomas said. "Can we go now, Juniper? I really wanna see what the museum has."

It was no question Thomas definitely wanted to go. Seeing nothing else they could do for the time being, the Engines were all on board with the idea and agreed to go as well. They decided to wait and inform Principal Celestia about the Girl's whereabouts later.

"Of course." Juniper Montage then beckoned them to follow, "Come on, I'll take you there."

The Engines murmured in excitement as they headed out to the museum with Juniper Montage. Meanwhile, Thomas went to check up on Percy, who was still in a blissful trance with his hands pressed against his cheek.

"Percy?" Thomas asked. "Are you okay?"

"I'm the cute one!"


To Be Continued.

Author's Note:

A lot lot of readers are likely gonna point out and draw comparison from a certain film with a similar premise. While I can safety say at face value that's what you might end up seeing, what I have thought out in terms of where it's going and the message it reflects are completely different. I can't give away too much (bet you never heard me say that before) but one of it's encompassing themes is basically a reflection of fandoms as a whole. How we embrace it, how it impacts us, and how different passions can change over time due to shifting feelings towards something we love. So, it's not gonna be the same deal as that movie, pretty much.

Anyways, let me know what you think of this idea if you like, and keep on telling me how it's too similar to another movie even though I vaguely explained it won't be.